Request for Presenters/Presentations

Aaron A

Jul 27, 2012, 2:58:16 PM7/27/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Would there be anyone interested in giving a presentation?
It can be of any size.
It can be a perfect opportunity to get better at a component of Scala that you
are really wanting to master.

I know this request comes a bit late for our August meeting, but I'm just finding less and less time to build presentations myself.
I would personally like to keep the meeting as the second Wednesday of each Month.

I really would like this meeting to be ran by the group and not by just 1 person. It's your guys' activity and ideas that
will make this meeting very attractive for others and we'll continue to grow.

Let me know your thoughts.

-Aaron Allred

Chris Hansen

Jul 27, 2012, 3:45:36 PM7/27/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Presentations are good, but with a small group like USEScala, you end up with the same people presenting over and over (unless you can get outside presenters, which usually has a price tag). Instead, we should consider an open-space [1] approach. That way, if someone has a presentation, he/she can give it, or if another group wants to do a mini-hackathon they can, or if people just want to have a conversation about a certain Scala library the can, and all of these things can happen at the same time. Anyway, I think it's worth a shot and I would volunteer to facilitate an open-space meeting if the group would like to try it out. However, 8/8 doesn't work for me.

-Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.

Erik

Jul 29, 2012, 2:47:44 AM7/29/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Would love to but I'll be out for the August meeting.

Helena Edelson

Jul 30, 2012, 9:19:42 AM7/30/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Do we have a location for the meeting?

Helena
@helenaedelson

From: Aaron A <dig...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:58:16 -0700 (PDT)
To: <uses...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Request for Presenters/Presentations

Kevin Edwards

Aug 7, 2012, 12:15:37 PM8/7/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Are we meeting tomorrow?

Aaron A

Aug 7, 2012, 3:03:43 PM8/7/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
If everyone wants to we can.

I meet with someone about the SLCC campus Thursday or Friday.. soon as
I hear back from them.
I found out though it's for the SLCC Campus in Sandy. This won't work
for me so I was thinking about asking you guys if
someone wants to maybe lead the Sandy/Utah County Scala group and I'm
gonna keep trying to setup shop more North from SLC to Davis County
area.
Now that I work up here it really becomes a pain to drive that far
South for these as I have to leave work pretty early to do so and miss
traffic. I believe there are a few others in the same boat as me.
I have a room with projector available in Farmington at my current job.

The Sandy SLCC campus sounds like it would be free and SLCC would even
work as a sponsor for us with other things.
If you guys are interested I can keep pursuing this for ya.

Let me know your thoughts.

-Aaron Allred

Kevin Edwards

Aug 9, 2012, 5:27:35 PM8/9/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
My only concern would be whether there are enough people to support both.  I think we should try it for a few months and see if it bring more people out.

On that note, the date and time on the website should be modified to tell people to watch this group until it stabilizes.

Helena Edelson

Aug 10, 2012, 9:50:02 AM8/10/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know the deal with or a contact for where the java sig meets at IHC in Murray?

Helena

Aaron A

Aug 10, 2012, 2:06:56 PM8/10/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
There was a discussion about the Scala enthusiasts being just a break out group towards the end of UJUG and
it seemed like that idea wasn't liked much by the Ujug guys for some legitimate worries they had.

I'll try and update the existing site today.
Erik, you around by chance? I will probably need your help with pushing the update.

-Aaron Allred