What is the status of this group and a meeting location?

helena

Sep 24, 2012, 9:40:40 PM9/24/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to help kickstart the activity as we move into fall. What can I do to help?

My first contribution to Akka (scala api) just got merged into master today. We're working on a new feature in the pending 2.1 release for load balancing Akka nodes in the cluster. Cool stuff.

Helena

Erik Peterson

Sep 24, 2012, 10:14:51 PM9/24/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com, uses...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great Helena. I look forward hearing more about your work. Last I heard we were looking for a new place. Aaron can you update? I can schedule at a library again if no better options are available.

...sent from iPhone

Aaron A

Sep 25, 2012, 11:20:44 AM9/25/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
We tried to move the group a bit more North and the SLCC Campus we got
an offer for
ended up being their Sandy location. So it didn't work out as a moving
north location. heh

I don't mind having it at the Sandy library again, but we'll be back
to needing a projector.

Also I don't want this to be my group. I want it to be _our_ group. So
I am down with anything and I'll even add
on giving a talk with Akka to Helena's if you guys want. We just put
Akka in place at work to handle ALL financial transactions and it was
a stinkin blast. I could go over some things on what I did and how I
got started.

Just let me know what works best for everyone and I'm totally down. I
just haven't had luck on locations and have
sorta waited to hear from everyone else and their ideas. I know there
are a few ideas of locations, but I get a lot of emails asking why
that particular location might not be the best. So we just need to
communicate amongst each other and just move forward.

-Aaron Allred

Utah Scala Enthusiasts

Sep 25, 2012, 11:22:54 AM9/25/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
How about the Sandy SLCC campus then...do they provide a projector?

Aaron A

Sep 25, 2012, 11:26:27 AM9/25/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
It sounded like it. If it's still on interest I will hop back on that.
At this point it may not be a bad thing.
They would also want to be a Sponsor for the group in order to provide
us with a place for free.
I didn't get their exact requirements however. We were suppose to meet
up for a dinner and discuss it, but that got side tracked by some
personal issues I believe.

I'll email them today and ask if the offer still stands and include ya Eric.
I would also like to roll Helena in on some of the decisions too as
she's been showing more Enthusiasm then myself lately. ;) (thanks
Helena)

I will let you guys know End of Day today.

-Aaron Allred

Aaron A

Sep 26, 2012, 2:03:46 PM9/26/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I didn't get a chance to find that info o_O
I'm actually in the process of moving and I'll be unpacking my desktop and such tonight.
So give me till tonight to start blasting out some emails and contacting our SLCC contact.

Regards,
Aaron Allred