Great Meeting Last night

Aaron A

Jun 14, 2012, 2:57:11 PM6/14/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to those that showed up.
Minus my presentation the conversation is very much worth the getting together.

A bit of a Recap for those that couldn't make it.
We brought up the location situation once again and it's still looking nearly 50/50 between
staying in Draper/Sandy or going to Salt Lake. Being nearly a 2 hour drive for those coming from the North due to hitting the traffic jam of everyone going home, I think we might wanna focus strongly on having the meeting in Salt Lake.
We had a new comer, Merrick Christensen that brought with him an intense interest in Scala which always drives everyone to be insanely helpful.
I gave a presentation on Play2.0 with Scala. Was pretty brief and I had no idea how
many of us have already been diving into Play.

Really enjoy seeing new faces too. They tend to bring with them amazing knowledge
and it's always fascinating to hear their questions they have about Scala and it really drives the focus of the group in good directions.

Thank you a ton guys and I look forward to many more months of Scala with you all.

-Aaron Allred

Jason Wheeler

Jun 14, 2012, 9:30:46 PM6/14/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
My vote would be to have it in Salt Lake as well.  Or, maybe just have it start at 7.  I actually intended to go to the meeting last night but after fighting with traffic for a bit, I realized I wasn't going to get there in any reasonable amount of time and gave up.

Aaron A

Jun 15, 2012, 12:33:31 PM6/15/12
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I am currently looking for a location to have the meeting in Salt Lake.
I'll try and keep it in a location where there is free parking and EASY parking. heh

-Aaron