To Obi Enweze: DC Embassy Real Estate Transactions: Ephraim Emeka Ugwuonye Esq. Responds

olaka...@aol.com

Mar 13, 2009, 8:32:59 PM3/13/09
to obie...@yahoo.com, e...@eculaw.com, alu...@gmail.com, ni...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yhoogroups.com, ncato...@yahoogroups.com, abuj...@yahoogropups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, NIDOC...@yahoogroups.com

Hi Obi:

I hear you!

I am personally disturbed by the degree of tribal sentiments that is being injected into a fee dispute between a client --in this case, the FGN, represented by its Embassy in Washington, DC and the law firm representing her interests, in this case ECU Associates.

As far as I am concerned all other matters, including the circumstances that led to the recall of the Ambassador Rotimi are extraneous to the underlying issue.

As you are probably aware, Ambassador Rotimi has issued a public apology for the offensive comments about Biafra on this matter. This is where the matter of the recall of the ambassador should have ended.

Emeka's case and that of his law firm are best served by framing the issue as one between the FGN and ECU Associates without invoking the respective personalities. Ambassador Rotimi's role in the matter is not a personal one as he was only acting in his capacity as the official agent of the FGN in the USA.

Emeka's latest memo to Minister Ojo Maduekwe about his dispute with Ambassador Rotimi has the potential to further
encourage those who are inclined to view this controversy principally through their ethnic goggles.

If I had had the opportunity to see Emeka's memo before it was sent, I would have advised him against taking this step, however aggrieved he could have been
about the Sahara Reporters article.

Emeka's memo does not advance his interests or that o f anyone else in this dispute. It does not help resolve ECU's fee dispute with the FGN. It also does not help assuage the already frayed
relationship between Minister Ojo Maduekwe and Ambassador Rotimi.

My position and interest in this matter are anchored on two pillars:

1) fairness and equity to all parties.

This is the reason that I have advocated that we should extricate the matter of the recall of the ambassador and his dispute with the minister of foreign affairs from the issue of the lien that has been placed on a sum of $1.55 million dollars belonging to the FGN by ECU Associates, notwithstanding the seeming nexus between these issues.

I have asked myself whose purpose is being served by pursuing this linkage any further. While I doubt, that Ambassador Rotimi's recall would ever be reversed by President Yar'adua even if he is found to have been wronged by Chief Ojo Madukwe, I also do not see how further escalation of the matter would advance the settlement of ECU's accounts with the FGN and release of the her funds which belong to all Nigerians.

Ideally, I would want immediate release of the sum of $1.55 million (belonging to the FGN and all Nigerians) which is being withheld by Emeka Ugwuonye's ECU Associates. I also would like to see the FGN settle all outstanding verifiable accounts owing to ECU Asssociates immediately.

2) douse the embering flames of divisiveness along ethnic lines that this matter has20ignited.

Thanks.

Bye,

Ola

Mar 13, 2009, 10:34:29 PM3/13/09
to Omo...@yahoogroups.com, ni...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yhoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

Exactly, all these shady activities are extraneous to the specific case of Amb. Rotimi’s recall.

Ugwuonye’s detention of embassy money and Rotimi’s recall are two un-identical twins delivered by a wayward embassy mother husbanded by a dysfunctional Nigeria father.

The babies are not products of each other, they are only related by being members of the same malfunctioned family.

And Ola, why should Ugwunoye return the $1.55m money of a difficult and unpredictable client owing him years of payments for service?

He is essentially using it to force the embassy to honor its contractual obligations before folks keep retiring mission budgets year after year and not remember cumulating attorney fees.

I would do the same if I was in his shoes.

Listen Ola, if you won’t pay me the $25 you owe me for my gardening services cutting your yard and your neighbor came by to return your new mountain bicycle which he had borrowed but you weren’t home and he gave it to me to give you, I would take joke and awada detain the bike o, you hear.

Just may be that would make you pay me my $25.

Conny man dey owe, trickster dey collect am…. wetin wrong for dat.

Any rule is the rule of the game……..decent people nor dey play.

And then someone said Ugwuonye charged the embassy too much…..I say “bladder dash!”

I go charge you for $10,000 per hour….I go pay am….shake hands and signatures….nor be contract be dat?

I beg….ewu charging Nigeria too much…at least Ugwuonye delivers for his pay.

My only entertainment for the whole charade was where Ugwuonye said he was giving 15% rebate back to the embassy out of patriotic love for Nigeria.

I said to my wife….awwww….now that’s a golden citizen of our Republic.

Ephraim can die for Nigeria…walahi.

Qansy Salako

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

__._,_.___

Please note that  membership into our focused and specialized groups are by Invitation.  If interested, you may reply to our Invitation to become a member. Also, you may directly send a message using the SUBSCRIBE Links above to subscribe yourself in a specific group. The subscription policy in these Groups shall be "EASY COME, EASY GO." All requests for subscription require the approval of Moderators.

Thanks.
Martin Akindana
Moderator

ChtAfriK Network Groups - the 'talk shop' of the African village.
...setting the pace in innovation and specialization in the African net community.

Recent Activity

·          15

Give Back

Yahoo! for Good