Status of uprofile table in uconf-manager

MP

Feb 11, 2009, 6:14:41 PM2/11/09
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
I've downloaded the latest version of Urchin 6 and I am unable to get
uconf-manager to operate on the uprofiles table. Any attempt to use
table=uprofiles results in "ERROR : invalid table name : uprofiles".

The documentation of uconf-manager seems to indicate that operations
on the 'uprofiles' table are among the supported tables, but I can't
for the life of me figure out how that would work.

Two questions:

1) Can the current version of uconf-manager be used at all to add/
delete/update Urchin profiles?
2) Is there any documentation on how this might be accomplished?

Thanks all,

-mp
Message has been deleted

deSiqueira

Mar 3, 2009, 1:45:53 PM3/3/09
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
I have the same problem.

I think that is possible insert the profile directly in the mysql but
i'm fraid to have some other problems.

Can anyone help us ?

Thanks all !

Flávio de Siqueira

Jeremy Aube

Mar 10, 2009, 4:20:00 PM3/10/09
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
There's currently an issue with using uconf-manager with table=uprofiles.
I've just made mention of this issue to the powers that be.

Jeremy Aube
http://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

deSiqueira

Mar 11, 2009, 9:22:04 AM3/11/09
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
Hey Jeremy !

Look the error that occurs when run the uconf-manager:

[root@localhost util]# ./uconf-manager table=uprofiles action=add
ucpr_name="test1.com" print=status
ERROR : invalid table name : uprofiles
ERROR : Operation 'add' on table 'uprofiles' failed.
[root@localhost util]# mysql -u urchin -pxyz
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 15 to server version: 5.0.16-standard-log

mysql> use urchin;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+--------------------------------+
| Tables_in_urchin |
+--------------------------------+
| uaccounts |
| uaccounts_permissions |
| ucosts |
| ucosts_permissions |
| ucosts_queue |
| ucosts_queue_permissions |
| ucosts_tasks |
| ucosts_tasks_permissions |
| ufilters |
| ufilters_permissions |
| ugeo_tasks |
| ugeo_tasks_permissions |
| uglobals |
| uglobals_permissions |
| ugoals |
| ugoals_permissions |
| ugroups |
| ugroups_permissions |
| ugroups_uusers |
| ugroups_uusers_permissions |
| ulogs |
| ulogs_permissions |
| ulogs_ufilters |
| ulogs_ufilters_permissions |
| uprofiles |
| uprofiles_permissions |
| uprofiles_queue |
| uprofiles_queue_permissions |
| uprofiles_tasks |
| uprofiles_tasks_permissions |
| uprofiles_ucosts |
| uprofiles_ucosts_permissions |
| uprofiles_ufilters |
| uprofiles_ufilters_permissions |
| uprofiles_ugroups |
| uprofiles_ugroups_permissions |
| uprofiles_ulogs |
| uprofiles_ulogs_permissions |
| uprofiles_uusers |
| uprofiles_uusers_permissions |
| usessions |
| usessions_permissions |
| uusers |
| uusers_permissions |
+--------------------------------+
44 rows in set (0.04 sec)

mysql>

As you can see, the table is the database but the uconf-manager show
me "invalid table name".

With others options everthing is OK, like:
==> ACTION = ADD
./uconf-manager table=uusers action=add ucus_name="pauloteste"
ucus_full_name="Paulo Teste" ucus_password="102030xyz"
ucus_language="pt-BR" ucus_region="br" uius_level=1 usac_id=1
print=status

==> ACTION = UPDATE
./uconf-manager table=uusers action=update ucus_name="pauloteste"
ucus_full_name="Paulo Teste Teste2" ucus_password="102030xyz"
ucus_language="pt-BR" ucus_region="br" uius_level=1 usac_id=1
key1=ucus_name print=status

==> ACTION = DELETE
./uconf-manager table=uusers action=delete ucus_name="pauloteste"
print=status

Am I doing something wrong? Have you an idea to fix this?

Thanks !!

Flávio

On 10 mar, 17:20, "Jeremy Aube" <ja...@roirevolution.com> wrote:
> There's currently an issue with using uconf-manager with table=uprofiles.
> I've just made mention of this issue to the powers that be.
>
> Jeremy Aubehttp://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

Jeremy Aube

Mar 11, 2009, 9:38:59 AM3/11/09
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
There's a fix for this on the way. I can't give you an exact time frame on
it, but it will probably be weeks rather than months.

Jeremy Aube
http://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
Ok Jeremy !

Thanks !!

Flávio

On 11 mar, 10:38, "Jeremy Aube" <ja...@roirevolution.com> wrote:
> There's a fix for this on the way. I can't give you an exact time frame on
> it, but it will probably be weeks rather than months.
>
> Jeremy Aubehttp://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

Art

Mar 11, 2009, 5:18:22 PM3/11/09
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
Jeremy,

Is there a reason why uconf-manager is preferred over using SQL to
insert, delete or update tables?

Art

Jeremy Aube

Mar 12, 2009, 8:45:58 AM3/12/09
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Art,

There's no real advantage to using the uconf-manager over MySQL if you're
already comfortable using MySQL. Many users may find, however, that it feels
safer to use the uconf-manager and that they're less likely to do something
that would mess up their Urchin database. The other nice thing about it is
that the syntax of uconf-manager is independent of whether you choose to use
MySQL or PostgreSQL. But it really comes down to a personal choice and what
makes the most sense for your business as far as learning MySQL verses
learning proprietary commands verses bringing someone in who already knows
one or the other.

Jeremy Aube

deSiqueira

Mar 12, 2009, 2:04:54 PM3/12/09
to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
I would like to make two questions:

1 - Is there a brief documentation of table structures or will Urchin
make one ?

2 - The uconf-manager make some other modification in the system ?
Like make directory, files ,....
If this happens, the use of uconf-manager is the most indicate case,
otherwise i think that SQL queries is ok.

Thanks !!

Flávio

On 12 mar, 09:45, "Jeremy Aube" <ja...@roirevolution.com> wrote:
> Hi Art,
>
> There's no real advantage to using the uconf-manager over MySQL if you're
> already comfortable using MySQL. Many users may find, however, that it feels
> safer to use the uconf-manager and that they're less likely to do something
> that would mess up their Urchin database. The other nice thing about it is
> that the syntax of uconf-manager is independent of whether you choose to use
> MySQL or PostgreSQL. But it really comes down to a personal choice and what
> makes the most sense for your business as far as learning MySQL verses
> learning proprietary commands verses bringing someone in who already knows
> one or the other.
>
> Jeremy Aubehttp://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

Jeremy Aube

Mar 12, 2009, 3:21:39 PM3/12/09
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flavio,

1. Per
https://secure.urchin.com/helpwiki/en/uconf-management%3A_Urchin_Configurati
on_Manager_Utility:

Note: Field descriptions of other tables (uaccounts, ufilters, ugoals,
ugroups, ugroups_uusers, ulogs, ulogs_ufilters, uprofiles,
uprofiles_ufilters, uprofiles_ugroups, uprofiles_ulogs and uprofiles_uusers)
will be available in a "Urchin configuration DB schema" article which is
currently in development.

2. So far uconf-manager is limited to sql database modifications. I don't
know of any plans to do more with it.

Jeremy Aube
http://www.roirevolution.com/urchin

to Urchin Software from Google - help forum - Urchin 6
is there any way to grab info using uconf-manager, or other words, get
it to do a SELECT query?
I would like to create an account, and then create a new user for that
account, but I wont know what the account id is unless I perform a
manual SQL query to find out.

On Mar 13, 8:21 am, "Jeremy Aube" <ja...@roirevolution.com> wrote:
> Hi Flavio,
>
> 1. Perhttps://secure.urchin.com/helpwiki/en/uconf-management%3A_Urchin_Conf...
> on_Manager_Utility:
>
> Note: Field descriptions of other tables (uaccounts, ufilters, ugoals,
> ugroups, ugroups_uusers, ulogs, ulogs_ufilters, uprofiles,
> uprofiles_ufilters, uprofiles_ugroups, uprofiles_ulogs and uprofiles_uusers)
> will be available in a "Urchin configuration DB schema" article which is
> currently in development.
>
> 2. So far uconf-manager is limited to sql database modifications. I don't
> know of any plans to do more with it.

Jeremy Aube

Mar 25, 2009, 8:36:57 AM3/25/09
to urchin...@googlegroups.com
When you create a new account with the uconf-manager and set status=print or
status=all, you should see a message like the following:

Successful : Operation 'add' performed on table 'uaccounts'.
Insert record id : 2.

You would then use usac_id=2 whenever you add users to this account.

Jeremy Aube