Building a farm with apples & permaculture in the Finger Lakes Region of NY

Michael Burns

Mar 20, 2014, 10:37:08 PM3/20/14
to fingerlakes...@lists.ibiblio.org, upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com, Sustainability in Tompkins County
Peter Sutera studied permaculture with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (FLPCI) in 2010. Since then, he has started his own farm in Hammondsport, NY – about an hour’s drive west of Ithaca – where 64 apple trees yielded nearly 500 gallons of cider this year. He says working with FLPCI and those involved with the Institute was one of the main influences in his decision to buy land after graduating college.

“Getting on that track of permaculture and agriculture really made me fall in love with the region and got me on the path that I’m on today,” he said.

Read more about Peter & Oak Osage Farm at: http://fingerlakespermaculture.org/?p=2442

This Saturday (March 22, 2014), Peter will offer a workshop on apple tree pruning. If you live in the region contact Pete at <oakosa...@gmail.com>. The class is expected to begin at 10 a.m.

##