A new Arabic spell checker

Alexis Neme

Feb 11, 2017, 7:39:27 AM2/11/17
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Great news! The Arabic spell checker  based on Unitex/GramLab 3.2alpha Rev. 24 nightly build was successfully created!

A new Arabic Spell checker is hosted now at Monge server of the Université de Marne -la-Vallée/: dal.univ-mlv.fr.  The spell checker  has more than 98.5 % of lexical coverage of modern Arabic texts,  it checks partially and fully vowelized words.

The spell checker is based on 78 000 lemmata, 6 million inflected forms, more than 500 millions valid agglutinated forms (DWF). The size of the compressed inflected dictionary (with  Semitic mode) is 8 megabytes, and it tags more than 2500 words/second on a common Windows laptop and at least 5000 on a common Unix-based Laptop (Mac-book).

Moreover, It has a local syntax checking inside a delimited word  form (DWF). For instance, a noun preceded by a prefixed preposition cannot be in accusative, but only in the genitive case.

Finally, if you have an account on Linked-in, may I ask to share the link below:
or make your own Post, your own way,  on social or professional media.

I am  thankful first to Sébastien Paumier, for his full commitment to make Arabic available in Unitex; to Eric Laporte for his linguistic insights in Arabic;
to Cristian Martinez for our discussions and technical advices, and finally Patrice Herault for his technical supports,
(Sans oublier Tita, notre chère Présidente bien-aimée, pour ses bonjours encourageants au labo! et tous les habitants du 4emme étage du  Batiment Copernic, qui dégage l'odeur du  café Lavazza du distributeur: 2 doses/1 euro, fréquement les doses indisponibles)

Thanks also to developers, linguists, users and contributors of the Unitex team, all around the world.

Grand merci à toutes et à tous!