Basic Question Creating dictionary

shafi Q

Oct 22, 2020, 2:23:36 PM10/22/20
to Unitex-GramLab
Hello,

I  have a very basic question and clarification regarding creating a dictionary for my data for the application in economic research at Carleton U Canada. I am using first time this package.

I want to apply Grape NLP grammer technique give this kaggle note

I need to create these files from Unitex-GramLab
  • a fst2 grammar file
  • a bin DELAF dictionary file
  • an inf DELAF dictionary file
When we do preprocess we get  dlf and dlc in the .snt. How do we convert them to bin and inf. Kindly help me how to get the above-mentioned file. I could not find any English video explanation. There is not much video tutorial unfortunately on Unitex.

Best Regards,
Shafi

Cristian Martinez

Oct 27, 2020, 6:18:39 AM10/27/20
to Unitex-GramLab
Hi Shafi,

Thank you for your interest in Unitex/GramLab, although we do not maintain the tool you linked, here is some insights about local grammars and language resources on Unitex:

-  compiled versions (fst2) of graphs  (grf) are created with Grf2Fst2. You can get more information on how edit and compile graphs at the Users' Manual, section 5.2, 6.2 and 14.22.
-  compiled versions (.bin + .inf) of DELAF dictionaries (plain-text .dic) are created with Compress. You can get more information on how create and compile dictionaries at the Users' Manual, section 3.1, 3.7 and 15.8.

User's Manual is available here: https://unitexgramlab.org/releases/latest-stable/man

Finally, as you mentioned, It appears that there is no video tutorial on these topics yet, so any contribution is welcome!

--
Cristian