unhosted/owncloud/openphoto

Erik Hovland

Apr 27, 2012, 2:18:51 PM4/27/12
to unho...@googlegroups.com
I recently discovered openphoto. I noticed that openphoto does not support
owncloud. I decided I wanted to fix that:
http://openphoto.uservoice.com/forums/141441-general-discussion-and-feature-requests/suggestions/2423350-integration-with-owncloud-org

I have been doing some research and I have forked the openphoto frontend
code to begin hacking. In that same discussion thread some suggested that
I see the openphoto repo forked here:
https://github.com/unhosted/openphoto

Since I am a total newbie in this regard, I figured that I would do the smart
thing and start asking around unhosted folks about what has been done so
far to get openphoto integrated and offer my help to accelerate that effort.

I am especially interested in other's opinion on what tack should be taken
to get this integration done as fast as possible. If anyone knows of PHP
client code for remoteStorage that could be leveraged, I am listening.

Thanks

Michiel de Jong

Apr 27, 2012, 3:55:23 PM4/27/12
to unho...@googlegroups.com
great! see http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2012-April/002939.html
for the latest information.

there is currently no php client for remoteStorage, but i'm developing
it as part of the OpenPhoto integration. my current plan is to resume
work on gh:unhosted/openphoto on Tuesday, and finish it on Friday, but
you know how these things go - they always take longer than planned...

Erik Hovland

May 15, 2012, 3:15:14 PM5/15/12
to unho...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Michiel de Jong <mic...@unhosted.org> wrote:
> great! see http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2012-April/002939.html
> for the latest information.
>
> there is currently no php client for remoteStorage, but i'm developing
> it as part of the OpenPhoto integration. my current plan is to resume
> work on gh:unhosted/openphoto on Tuesday, and finish it on Friday, but
> you know how these things go - they always take longer than planned...

But not much longer. I just noticed that Openphoto closed the github
issue ticket on this.

Good work!

Erik Hovland
er...@hovland.org
http://hovland.org/

Michiel de Jong

May 15, 2012, 3:20:03 PM5/15/12
to unho...@googlegroups.com
yes, the first version sort of works. :) if you want to try running it
on your server, you can fork here:

https://github.com/michielbdejong/frontend/tree/remoteStorage

make sure you check out the 'remoteStorage' branch, and not the master
branch! there's still some way to go before it goes into master
though, so users of the flagship instance openphoto.me will still have
to wait till after the summer probably.