episode 24: federation

Michiel B. de Jong

May 28, 2013, 4:13:22 PM5/28/13
to unho...@googlegroups.com
Decentralizing the web by making it federated:

https://unhosted.org/decentralize/24/Decentralizing-the-web-by-making-it-federated.html

Comments welcome! After this post, I'll take a break from the weekly
blogging during the summer months, and resume afterwards.

Ciao!
Michiel

pir...@gmail.com

May 28, 2013, 4:36:49 PM5/28/13
to unho...@googlegroups.com

Coincidentially, that's the famous "Holy Grail of Internet" I'm trying to achieve with ShareIt!, WebP2P.io and all the related technologies I'm currently developing and working on :-P I almost got it, but since the annonimous XMPP server I was using has shooting down it seems it was not the definitelly solution I thought it was. I'm trully interested on this point, so there's any way (better if federated) to send annonimous messages over a channel that could receive everybody is listening and interested on them? I believe the PubSubHub federated network would be the solution, but three years ago of their "boom" seems it gots down and only keeps commertial solutions or has-your-own-server solutions... PuSH API is promising, but seems that they will be used slim-messages and you'll need a server where to point to fetch the data, that's a bad point, too. Any idea or solution about this? It's just the last key it keeps so I can start to build a truly serverless Browser-2-Browser alternative Internet... :-)

P.D.: regarding to my project and the championship of this year... I won!!! :-D