EXSLT library - does anyone use it?

Lee Kelleher

Sep 9, 2013, 5:43:56 AM9/9/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone still use the EXSLT extension library methods?

Many of the Math and Sets functions have been broken since .NET 4.0 (as Microsoft moved around a few internal classes to new namespaces).

Since this has largely gone unnoticed - as in there hasn't been any bugs raised and zero complaining on the forum - should we look to obsolete (then remove) the EXSLT classes from the core?

My suggestion would be to move EXSLT to a separate package download, so that they can be re-enabled for those who do still use the other methods (e.g. Dates, RegEx, Strings)

Cheers,
- Lee

Chriztian Steinmeier

Sep 10, 2013, 6:38:36 AM9/10/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
I'd be totally okay with that - I only use the RegularExpressions and a few others occasionally - and I'm much more of a "Okay now I need this so I'll install it" guy anyway, so wouldn't have a problem with that.

/Chriztian

Dan Diplo

Sep 10, 2013, 8:03:51 AM9/10/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Remove them!

Shannon Deminick

Sep 10, 2013, 10:59:39 PM9/10/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
Have added this task here:

Marked is as a breaking change and is a sub-task of
http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2288 (U4-2288 Removing obsolete code for v7)

So the next question is what lee mentioned: separate package download. Does anyone want to create this package or how do you think this should work?

Lee Kelleher

Sep 11, 2013, 5:21:42 AM9/11/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
So the next question is what lee mentioned: separate package download. Does anyone want to create this package or how do you think this should work?

Yes, we should offer it as a separate package download. (Similar to how the "umbraco.webservices" was handled.)  I'm happy to take this on.

Cheers,
- Lee

Shannon Deminick

Sep 12, 2013, 12:24:16 AM9/12/13
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
That'd be kick ass :)

I'll remove them today!

Lee Kelleher

Jan 2, 2014, 6:48:06 PM1/2/14
to umbra...@googlegroups.com
For reference: I finally got around to releasing the EXSLT extension methods as a standalone package.

Cheers,
- Lee