How to remove ZADIG installed libusb/winusb drivers?

DJ0MY

May 4, 2012, 5:25:14 PM5/4/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I was playing around with RTL SDR on various computers of mine over the last weeks.

Now on one PC I wanted to try the originally supplied DVB-T and FM-Radio software which came with the dongle.

So I simply went into Device Manager opened the Realtek entry under the libusb tree and uninstalled its drivers from the relevant drivers tab...

The device disappered....so far so good.... :-)

Now, when I try to install the original USB drivers they don't seem to get installed correctly and the Dongle gets associated again with the libusb driver.
(I guess it is still recognized by its PID/VID values)

It is showing again under the libusb tree in the device manager :-(

So there seems no way to install the original drivers properly (so that it shows up as USB device, instead of libusb device)

I already tried to google, but most hints I found didn't seem to fix the problem.

Any hints anyone? Did anyone successfully rmoved the drivers installed by ZADIG and re-installed the original ones?

DJ0MY

Chris Stake

May 4, 2012, 6:42:41 PM5/4/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You could try using a different USB port. I have an Ezcap dongle, It works fine with the DVB-T and FM software on one port and with the Zadig driver on another.

DJ0MY

May 5, 2012, 6:41:51 PM5/5/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

unfortunately this doesnt work for me. No matter to which port I plug it it is immediately recognized as an unknown (in case I uninstalled the drivers) libusb device....

But it should be listed as unknown USB device (not libusb!)....so that I can proceed and install the drivers.

Obviously libusb is interfering here somehow and I can´t seem to get rid of it.....

Cheers

DJ0MY

Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2012 00:42:41 UTC+2 schrieb stake:

Hi,

You could try using a different USB port. I have an Ezcap dongle, It works fine with the DVB-T and FM software on one port and with the Zadig driver on another.

Adam Nielsen

May 5, 2012, 7:57:15 PM5/5/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
> unfortunately this doesnt work for me. No matter to which port I plug it it is
> immediately recognized as an unknown (in case I uninstalled the drivers)
> libusb device....

How did you uninstall the drivers? Did you use the Zadig program to
disassociate the driver with the device? This is the same one that runs when
you set up the driver the first time. If not, it will just keep reinstalling
itself.

Cheers,
Adam.

Ton Machielsen

May 6, 2012, 4:02:48 AM5/6/12
to Adam Nielsen, ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
When i want to switch from SDR to watching TV i just go to the device in Device Manager and update the driver with the non-Zadig one.

That works for me.

Ton (Hama Nano).

DJ0MY

May 6, 2012, 4:10:00 AM5/6/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

sorry for the noobish question (normally I am not very noobish, hi hi)....

But how do you disassociate the driver/device in Zadig - I only the the install button, but no uninstall button....

So I am a little bit puzzled :)

DJ0MY

Adam Nielsen

May 6, 2012, 4:53:39 AM5/6/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
> sorry for the noobish question (normally I am not very noobish, hi hi)....
> But how do you disassociate the driver/device in Zadig - I only the the
> install button, but no uninstall button....
> So I am a little bit puzzled :)

I'm afraid I'm not near a Windows machine at the moment so I can't check to
confirm. Isn't there an uninstall button when you run zadig.exe? I'm sure I
remember seeing one.

Cheers,
Adam.

Balint Seeber

May 8, 2012, 10:14:30 AM5/8/12
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the previous suggestions, you can also find the recent oem##.inf in C:\Windows\inf that matches the device's VID/PID (you’ll need to grep/find inside those files to find the appropriate one – or find the registry keys for the device that reference the correct oem##.inf file), then delete the inf file so Windows can’t automatically install the drivers again next time you plug in the device.

I have recommended this in the past to people that have installed the bundled drivers and wish to use WinUSB instead (via Zadig) on the same USB port, but it should also (hopefully) work the other way round.

Jay TacJay

May 11, 2019, 7:38:39 PM5/11/19
to Ultra Cheap SDR
Hey quick question. I know this thread is old but, would uninstalling the driver be a simple fix? 🤔

exota

Jul 6, 2019, 6:38:54 PM7/6/19
to Ultra Cheap SDR

Op dinsdag 8 mei 2012 16:14:30 UTC+2 schreef Balint Seeber:
No there isn't an unistall button in the Zadig program.
It seems inpossible to get back to the old situation
Can anybody tell me a simple solution to go back and delete this ZAdig driver
I want to connect my Sony A7III to the Sony Remote software but I cant because I Installed the Zadig driver.which I regret so much
joep

joep bord

Jul 8, 2019, 2:45:17 AM7/8/19
to ultra-c...@googlegroups.com