Raspberry Pi

Kaleb

Feb 27, 2012, 6:21:46 PM2/27/12
to ul-developers
Ready?

They haven't come right out and said so, but the Raspberry Pi Model B will start selling @ 6 AM GMT Wednesday. This is the $35 version of the Raspberry Pi with 2 USB ports and an Ethernet jack. If you really want to get your hands on one, set up your account at the Raspberry Pi store (http://raspberrypi.com). Good luck! There probably won't be enough to go around-- there are 100,000 people on the mailing list, but the initial run is 10,000.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm hoping to create a TinyMe version for it.

dillj

Feb 27, 2012, 11:57:48 PM2/27/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
+1

devnet

Feb 28, 2012, 8:30:46 AM2/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
I will definitely NOT being doing anything of the sort...nor will I use it or anything related to it in any fashion...I have enough to worry about with my desktop...I don't need to add in another platform/arch.

Kaleb

Feb 28, 2012, 8:40:29 AM2/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Well, sooner or later, we're going to be adding in the ARM arch. Like it or not, ARM is becoming more mainstream and I think we should be poised to take advantage of it.

devnet

Feb 28, 2012, 8:42:45 AM2/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, sooner or later, we're going to be adding in the ARM arch. Like it or not, ARM is becoming more mainstream and I think we should be poised to take advantage of it.

The more the merrier :)  I'm not opposed to the idea...it's just not for me lol :D

dillj

Feb 28, 2012, 11:22:08 AM2/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Nord am I opposed. Just going to skip ARM and go straight to quantum powered computing

Kaleb

Feb 28, 2012, 11:31:07 AM2/28/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM, dillj <the....@gmail.com> wrote:

Nord am I opposed. Just going to skip ARM and go straight to quantum powered computing

Not even going to stop for trinary logic systems?

dillj

Feb 29, 2012, 12:16:02 PM2/29/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
btw, why don't you check out the cstick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fgkejI0hbgo

Even smaller than the rasperry pi
http://www.cstick.com/
http://www.fxitech.com/

Kaleb

Feb 29, 2012, 2:41:59 PM2/29/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM, dillj <the....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM, dillj <the....@gmail.com> wrote:

Nord am I opposed. Just going to skip ARM and go straight to quantum powered computing

Not even going to stop for trinary logic systems?

btw, why don't you check out the cstick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fgkejI0hbgo

Holy cow, I do not have $200. The main reason I could go in for the Raspberry Pi was the cost.