Proper method for upstreaming?

Kaleb

Jan 15, 2012, 4:56:05 PM1/15/12
to ul-developers
So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I just wondering, if I want to push this package upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure? Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a message on this ML?

dillj

Jan 15, 2012, 5:13:35 PM1/15/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I just wondering, if I want to push this package upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure? Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a message on this ML?

If you aren't a contributor at mdv, become one...

or commit as usual and I'll sync the pkgs upstream..
At least, then I'll feel usefull too ;)

Matt, your thoughts?

Matthew Dawkins

Jan 15, 2012, 5:18:24 PM1/15/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Yeah im gchat telling him about repsys, id say do the changes in mdvs svn checkout and have one of us commit.

--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!

dillj

Jan 16, 2012, 10:05:55 AM1/16/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 15:18 -0700, Matthew Dawkins wrote:
> Yeah im gchat telling him about repsys, id say do the changes in mdvs
> svn checkout and have one of us commit.
>

> On Jan 15, 2012 3:13 PM, "dillj" <the....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the
> 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I
> just wondering, if I want to push this package
> upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure?
> Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a
> message on this ML?
>

> If you aren't a contributor at mdv, become one...
>

> or commit as usual and I'll sync the pkgs upstream..
> At least, then I'll feel usefull too ;)
>

> Matt, your thoughts?

Not that I can commit or anything ;)
Guess I'll need to submit a few more pkgs to get that apprentice tag
removed :P