unitycli-i586-20120205

OnlyHuman

Feb 19, 2012, 11:44:13 AM2/19/12
to ul-developers
Had some feed back on HUMANity i586 which was based on that cli.
Error:
24:unmount : not found / linuxrc : line 6

Error: Unable to mount the live cd
Dropping you to a limited shell loanding/bin/bash
/bin/bash : cant'acces tty : job control turned off

This was on an i3 pc.

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 11:48:31 AM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!

This for the 20120205 isos? I'm about to take those down, and put up new ones.

OnlyHuman

Feb 19, 2012, 11:51:57 AM2/19/12
to ul-developers
Extra info about the pc,motherboard Gigabyte S-series "GA-HH55M-D2H"
and integrated graphics card Intel.
Is there a way to update humanty so its base has the new cli features?
Thanks.

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 11:55:03 AM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!

Can you get ppl to test the 20120216 iso. That has all the cdrom detection fixes. If that one fails I need a lsmod from a system running at least the 3.x kernel.

What features do you want?
I'm about to create some new cli isos with more fixes.

Chris Evans

Feb 19, 2012, 12:08:29 PM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com

Feb 19, 2012, 12:17:28 PM2/19/12
to ul-developers
Any fixes I can manually add or download so I can modd Humanity so
its more compatable and bootable on a wider variety of peoples pc's,
then I can remaster and give you the updated iso to upload. Thanks,
I did get an e17 friend to try , and gave some feedback on the irc,,
I have asked the person who got the error above to try and see if new
cli boots for them.

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 12:18:54 PM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Exactly, the last iso was a test. I needed to know that all the changes to mklivecd were actual fixes and not regressions.
This time I have found fixes for a few things ie, init level (so no more dm trying to be started)
and locale setting to en_US.UTF-8 (not sure this is the right fix b/c david smid did some fix somewhere before)

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 12:20:42 PM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!

Kewl, I just need to see complete errors. Ie
what are you trying to do
the error in context
and if there's a fix? the steps taken

OnlyHuman

Feb 19, 2012, 12:23:21 PM2/19/12
to ul-developers
Give us a shout when new iso's are up, an any fixes in smart, and any
that can be added by simple edits to files. Thanks

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 12:26:33 PM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM, OnlyHuman <halo....@googlemail.com> wrote:
Give us a shout when new iso's are up, an any fixes in smart, and any
that can be added by simple edits to files. Thanks
--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!

Was there problems with smart?
Afaik the channels pkgs seem to be working now.

OnlyHuman

Feb 19, 2012, 12:41:21 PM2/19/12
to ul-developers
No smart seems ok, I meant something I could download in smart
ie:update or upgrade, I see on irc Yogi seems to think a new unity-
installer is borked. on i586.

Matthew Dawkins

Feb 19, 2012, 12:50:58 PM2/19/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
Again details help. I can install with the cli no problem. I do plan on changing the package name and the cmd name to something easier for non-US.
My suggestion is cli-installer.

More info on unity-installer, all the po files and desktop is being ripped out. I wanna use draklive-install in favor for desktop installs.

OnlyHuman

Feb 19, 2012, 4:45:17 PM2/19/12
to ul-developers
The friend downloaded and tried the latest cli iso and said it booted
fine .

dillj

Feb 20, 2012, 1:12:45 PM2/20/12
to ul-dev...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM, OnlyHuman <halo....@googlemail.com> wrote:
The friend downloaded and tried the latest cli iso and said it booted
fine .

Guys, please use the latest isos.

We can't go about hunting for problems on old isos without knowing if they have been fixed on the new iso or not.
It just a waste of time.
So, that would be really helpful.

And yes, we'll promise to keep  you guys updated on new ISOs

OnlyHuman

Feb 20, 2012, 7:48:56 PM2/20/12
to ul-developers
Tried using newest cli, seems a disaster, control center doesnt work
no lxpanel black desktop with icons,
smart was updated and upgraded, seems lots not working that were
before. :(

OnlyHuman

Feb 21, 2012, 7:02:50 AM2/21/12
to ul-developers
Reinstalled last cli i586, this time not upgading, and doing it in
more stages, also got control center working, why was drakconf not
pulled in as a dependency? Now have an openbox desktop