Possible ANU / BUZZ / CLOUD Launch - 5/5/2012

David Akerman

Apr 28, 2012, 6:43:48 PM4/28/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Dave (number10) and Dave (me) are hoping to launch 2 latex flights next Saturday, 5th May from Elsworth.

Assuming the BONZO flight also goes ahead on that day (at 434.65MHz), then we'll have ANU on 434.075, plus 1 or 2 of my trackers on other frequencies.

I'll post again with full telemetry details closer to the time.

Dave

Steve Aerospace

Apr 28, 2012, 7:11:17 PM4/28/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
I'm hoping to launch a payload from then&there too.

Steve

Steve Randall
Random Engineering Ltd

David Akerman

May 1, 2012, 6:40:24 PM5/1/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
After looking at forecasts for the weekend, Steve, David and myself have decided to move our flights by one day to Sunday 6th May.

Frequencies etc to be confirmed later this week.

Dave

mjc...@aol.com

May 2, 2012, 3:50:13 AM5/2/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

Just to add to the list another possible launch for this coming Sunday the ( 6th May ),, this will be for Bello Mondo-8 ,, I think the weather might shift forward so have to wait and see..

Full details later..

Many thanks

Michael

ju...@g0nzo.co.uk

May 2, 2012, 3:53:23 AM5/2/12
to UKHAS
We have moved our BONZO flight to Monday 7th.
So the day is all yours.

Jules

mjc...@aol.com

May 4, 2012, 5:18:03 AM5/4/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm a launch this Sunday 6th May from EARS, early start ( ish ) will be Launching Bello Mondo - 8

Call sign is :- MONDO-1

or

shift 425
baud 50
bit 8
parity none
stop 1.5

will be transmitting on 434.375

Hopefully I have sorted the interference out now but only one one to find out ...

All listeners welcome please,,, I think there maybe quite a few launches going from EARS, as many as possible trackers for everyone launching would be much appreciated..

Many thanks

Michael

David Akerman

May 5, 2012, 9:55:21 AM5/5/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
More details on the our flights from Elsworth (Cambs) on Sunday:

Steve (rocketboy) is flying a XABEN payload at 9am BST
Dave (number10) is flying ANU at 9:30am BST.  As it's Dave's first flight I'm adding one of my CLOUD trackers underneath.  No doubt it will be my one that goes wrong ... :-)
Then I will be flying BUZZ at 10:00am BST.

The early flights are because the the same site will have rocket launches later in the day, in theory from 10am, and we don't want to share the sky, or land, with those things!

Expected flight figures are 5m/s and 33km for ANU/CLOUD, and 5m/s and 39km for BUZZ.  ANU and BUZZ have cameras.

Telemetry details are:

ANU:  434.075MHz USB, 425Hz, 50/7/N/1
CLOUD:  434.200MHz USB, 480Hz, 50/7/N/2
BUZZ: 434.650MHz USB, 425Hz, 50/7/N/2

Not sure about Steve's payload details yet.

With all the flights up at the same time (these 3 plus Michael's Mondo flight), we all do need plenty of trackers up out of bed on Sunday morning, please!

Dave

David Akerman

May 5, 2012, 1:03:01 PM5/5/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Also, we hope to have a live video feed of the launch activities, courtesy of Upu and his batc.tv account.  To view, go to  http://www.batc.tv/  then click on "members streams" on the left, then choose "2E0UPU" from the list of live streams (or the inactive list if it's there).

I cannot guarantee the non-appearance of any "builders' bums", so make sure no children are in the room when you're connected.

Video should go live somewhere soon after 8:30am.

Dave

David Akerman

May 7, 2012, 1:49:19 PM5/7/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Well, that was an interesting day!  ANU and CLOUD were easily recovered from  field, having landed only a 30 yards in from the road.  BUZZ however was a different prospect, and although it bravely continued transmitting from 1 mile offshore of Cromer, that eventually stopped and we couldn't find a boat to retrieve it.

Dave (number10) has some great photos from ANU and no doubt those will be up shortly.

CLOUD didn't have a camera (it was just a backup tracker for Dave), but I don have photos from the launch and chase on my flickr account:

I also have time lapse videos of the ANU/CLOUD preparations: - http://youtu.be/XpQKhBw-JjY - and the BUZZ preparations - http://youtu.be/ihOmBQ0RKb0.

Thanks go to Upu for lending me his batc video account, Jon Sowman for helping out with the launches, and of course Steve Randall for providing the launch site/notam, supplying the helium, negotiating with the rocket club, and helping out with the chase, and for everyone tracking all of our flights.

It was also great to share the day with Dave (number10) and his wife.

For next time I'll get a better webcam for the live video, and hopefully get to you some of the chase and recovery too.

Dave

Steve Aerospace

May 7, 2012, 2:04:55 PM5/7/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com

David Bowkis

May 8, 2012, 7:35:13 AM5/8/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com
It was a great day for my first HAB launch ANU.  I would also like to thank all those that tracked the balloon, and those that helped on the day - Jon Sowman, Steve Randal  (RocketBoy) and especially Dave (daveake) and his wife Julie for putting up with me. Apologies for the delay in launching, partly due to the gps connector coming off when assembling the payload (thanks to SamSilver for noticing), and me not doing my fair share of the launch preparation.

Video of BUZZ5 launch here:

Launch of ANU from downward facing keyring camera was taped to the side.

Cheers
Dave

May 22, 2012, 1:48:11 PM5/22/12
to uk...@googlegroups.com