Amstrad DRX300 Prob

laroffie

Jun 18, 2005, 1:40:33 PM6/18/05
I have an Amstrad DRX 300 that has been working without fault now for ages,
in the last few days it has developed a fault, ie no signal being received,
pops up on screen, I check the signal strength and quality in the menu, and
nothing, then it comes good for a while then off again, I double checked the
coax and LNB joints all ok, tried a power down and reboot, all to no avail.
I put another box in its place and that runs OK...
any ideas...anyone please???
Andy

Jomtien

Jun 19, 2005, 2:19:05 AM6/19/05
laroffie wrote:

>I put another box in its place and that runs OK...

So your box must be faulty. Probably the tuner. Maybe the power
supply.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/7rm2m
UK TV overseas: http://tinyurl.com/6p73
BBC reception questions? ; http://www.astra2d.com/
Fed up with on-screen logos? : http://logofreetv.org/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

Graham

Jun 19, 2005, 8:01:39 AM6/19/05

"laroffie" <laro...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

Andy, I have just typed a response regarding a particular problem with the
DRX300 that I know about, but I have just noticed that the installation you
are talking about may well be in SW France.

If this is so, didn't you think it might be a relevant factor, at least
worthy of a mention in the body of your post?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Mike GW8IJT

Jun 19, 2005, 8:55:53 AM6/19/05
"laroffie" <laro...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
Try doing a "New Installation" from the engineer's hidden menu
(Services - 4 System Setup - 01 Select and option 6).
No guarantee, but it's worth a try.
Regards Mike.

Jomtien

Jun 20, 2005, 1:48:27 AM6/20/05
Graham wrote:

> I have just noticed that the installation you
>are talking about may well be in SW France.
>
>If this is so, didn't you think it might be a relevant factor, at least
>worthy of a mention in the body of your post?

His box used to work fine and another box still does. His location is
clearly not relevant. His box is probably faulty.

Graham

Jun 20, 2005, 7:18:30 PM6/20/05

"laroffie" <laro...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

When I was doing first-line bench repairs on Sky Digiboxes about 18 months
ago, every single DRX300 came up with 'no sat sig' when tested on my bench,
irrespective of what the fault symptoms were on the customers site.

Only DRX300, 400 and the Grundig GDS3000 gave this problem.

The reason this was happening was the high-band local oscillator in the LNB
that I was using had drifted slightly off frequency (Philips quad)

I surmised that these models were unable to cope with the off frequency LNB
due to poor AFC response in the tuner.

In all cases a work-around was to change the high-band LO frequency in the
installers menu from 10.60 to 10.59

Perhaps your installation is suffering from the same fault, you have nothing
to lose by trying the above.
Try 10.61 if 10.59 doesn't work.

--
Graham.