Hi from Kran

Sena

Aug 26, 2003, 3:38:32 PM8/26/03
Kran is here and has invaded the madhouse. She are safe and
sound; tired; remarkably good at jbexing out which of my
apprentices is which. Egg sealant, she can krekt me when I get
it wrong, which is often. Our menfolk (Andrew, Austin &
Charlie) have gorn out for a few minnits to get food; Guy, Inky
and Pipple have toddled off back home to Squid. The KranTqt
seems to fit quite nicely in the attic and Grid's bedroom, so
the extra flooring in the loft turned out not to be required.
Never mind, it would've needed qbvat sometime innit. Kran sends
her love and will be back on line soon. She are currently
changing all the ickle Swedish pluggits on her pootery stuff to
proper UKian pluggits. She are good fun, and I goove I are
going to like having her around. She goes to 4 Marx tomorrow,
and then comes back here at the end of the week. Emus, if any,
for her can be sent to the addy down there |

V in the .sig
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however

Guy King

Aug 26, 2003, 6:21:45 PM8/26/03
Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:

> Guy, Inky and Pipple have toddled off back home to Squid.

Now safely home after a happy 2˝hr drive. I love driving cross-country
and night!

--
Skipweasel:- There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you
want it to.

Sena

Aug 27, 2003, 3:25:35 PM8/27/03
Guy King said...

> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>
> > Guy, Inky and Pipple have toddled off back home to Squid.
>
> Now safely home after a happy 2˝hr drive. I love driving cross-country
> and night!

Please thank Squid for lending you and the apprentices to us for
the day. 'T would've bin very hard jbex without you. BTW, I
ran a bath not so long back for the younglings - and the clod
tap still continues to jbex! Are you sure you don't know wot
you did tuit? Not that it matters pertickly, it'd just be nice
to know in case it ever refuses to give up its cache of clod
water again in the future. BTW2, HWSO has just gorn orff to
Argos in a rush 'cos they close in arf an 'our. We are cynavat
a couple of daze break and I want to get the rajos charged up
tonight. Hopefully they will have the 6-pack; failing that the
4-pack will qb nicely. Andrew and Austin joined us at St
Fagan's for the afternoon and are now on their merry way over to
Austin's for the night. Kran has hopefully arrived safely in 4
Marx with her sister, and all is right with the world.

Guy King

Aug 27, 2003, 4:21:09 PM8/27/03
Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:

> the clod tap still continues to jbex! Are you sure you don't know wot
> you did tuit?

I just put the fluence on it.

For that that weren't there...Fran's bath's cold tap ain't jbexed for
over a year. I wandered into the b'froom to limber up ready to have a go
at fixing it (you know, suck air between teeth, tap things
knowlegdably), turned the tap...and Lo! there was water.

I feel a bit like one of Thomas a Becket's murderers.

Whitedog

Aug 28, 2003, 2:47:37 AM8/28/03
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:21:09 +0100, Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>
>> the clod tap still continues to jbex! Are you sure you don't know wot
>> you did tuit?
>

>I just put the fluence on it.
>
>For that that weren't there...Fran's bath's cold tap ain't jbexed for
>over a year. I wandered into the b'froom to limber up ready to have a go
>at fixing it (you know, suck air between teeth, tap things
>knowlegdably), turned the tap...and Lo! there was water.
>
>I feel a bit like one of Thomas a Becket's murderers.

Who will rid me of this turbulent tap?

-----------------------------------
"No pop no style, I strictly roots"
-----------------------------------

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 3:08:32 AM8/28/03
youllha...@notmail.com (Whitedog) mumbled:

> >For that that weren't there...Fran's bath's cold tap ain't jbexed for
> >over a year. I wandered into the b'froom to limber up ready to have a go
> >at fixing it (you know, suck air between teeth, tap things
> >knowlegdably), turned the tap...and Lo! there was water.
> >
> >I feel a bit like one of Thomas a Becket's murderers.

> Who will rid me of this turbulent tap?

Nah. One of the knights wot bumped him orft felt terrible remorse at his
deeds and smote the ground in anguish round the back of Otford castle in
Kent. A spring sprang forth from where he struck and it's still known as
"Beckett's Well".

The finding of Roman coins in the bottom of the springhead has done
nothing to dispel the story!

The spring [1] was later used to feed cress beds which in the 70s were
bought by part of the McDowell family (Roddy and Angie and that lot) who
turned it into a trout farm. Our neighbour's cat Omar used to go trout
fishing at least once a week and bring her in a socking great specimen.
The things Frances could do with trout in a kitchen were amazing. The
McDowells tolerated Omar 'cos he kept the foxes and other cats away.

[1] Part of the springline running along the base of the North Downs
where the permeable chalk top meets the heavy Weald Clay underneath.
There's a line of villages following the interface all the way along
because the water supply is so reliable...and very nice to drink, too.

Cerumen

Aug 28, 2003, 5:12:17 AM8/28/03

"Guy King" <guy....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> youllha...@notmail.com (Whitedog) mumbled:
>
> > >For that that weren't there...Fran's bath's cold tap ain't jbexed for
> > >over a year. I wandered into the b'froom to limber up ready to have a
go
> > >at fixing it (you know, suck air between teeth, tap things
> > >knowlegdably), turned the tap...and Lo! there was water.
> > >
> > >I feel a bit like one of Thomas a Becket's murderers.
>
> > Who will rid me of this turbulent tap?
>
> Nah. One of the knights wot bumped him orft felt terrible remorse at his
> deeds and smote the ground in anguish round the back of Otford castle in
> Kent. A spring sprang forth from where he struck and it's still known as
> "Beckett's Well".
>
> The finding of Roman coins in the bottom of the springhead has done
> nothing to dispel the story!

But they could have been thrown in by numis...numb num... coin collectors
who got bored last week or sometime?
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Linz

Aug 28, 2003, 8:08:00 AM8/28/03

> Nah. One of the knights wot bumped him orft felt terrible remorse at

> his deeds and smote the ground in anguish round the back of Otford
> castle in Kent. A spring sprang forth from where he struck and it's
> still known as "Beckett's Well".

Smote. Isn't that a wonderful word!

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 10:40:03 AM8/28/03
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk> mumbled:

> Smote. Isn't that a wonderful word!

A bit of righteous smiting goes a long way.

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 10:39:32 AM8/28/03
"Cerumen" <ita...@spam.net> mumbled:

> > The finding of Roman coins in the bottom of the springhead has done
> > nothing to dispel the story!
> >
> But they could have been thrown in by numis...numb num... coin collectors
> who got bored last week or sometime?

Ah, allow me to show you this razor some bloke called Occam once lent me....

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 1:58:51 PM8/28/03
Sn!pe <snipe123....@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> mumbled:

> >> Smote. Isn't that a wonderful word!
> >
> > A bit of righteous smiting goes a long way.

> We're talking 'smiting hip and thigh' here, are we?

Ah, yes, Samson's Ramboesque approach to diplomacy.

Malc

Aug 28, 2003, 3:57:35 PM8/28/03

> Sn!pe <snipe123....@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> mumbled:

> > > A bit of righteous smiting goes a long way.
>
> > We're talking 'smiting hip and thigh' here, are we?
>
> Ah, yes, Samson's Ramboesque approach to diplomacy.

That'd be with the ass bone of a jew

--
Malc

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 4:23:21 PM8/28/03
"Malc" <maltre...@blueyonder.co.uk> mumbled:

> > > We're talking 'smiting hip and thigh' here, are we?
> >
> > Ah, yes, Samson's Ramboesque approach to diplomacy.
> >
> That'd be with the ass bone of a jew

Or possibly the nose bone of a Manilow.

Sena

Aug 28, 2003, 5:39:56 PM8/28/03
Guy King said...

> I feel a bit like one of Thomas a Becket's murderers.

From HWSO: I hope he finds one.

Guy King

Aug 28, 2003, 5:52:51 PM8/28/03
Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:

> From HWSO: I hope he finds one.

Cold tap still jbexing?

DinkiPixie

Aug 28, 2003, 6:12:49 PM8/28/03

> A bit of righteous smiting goes a long way.

IRTA knitting.

--
Angela

Sena

Aug 28, 2003, 6:27:25 PM8/28/03
Guy King said...

> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>
> > From HWSO: I hope he finds one.
>
> Cold tap still jbexing?

It serpently am. Odd. Good, but odd.

Kate Dicey

Aug 29, 2003, 5:12:39 AM8/29/03
"Sn!pe" wrote:

> Guy King wrote:
>
> > "Malc" <maltre...@blueyonder.co.uk> mumbled:

> >> That'd be with the ass bone of a jew
> >
> > Or possibly the nose bone of a Manilow.
>
> Designed by a committee, like the Camule, yer Mankilow.
> --
> Sn!pe - Some kind of quantum bogodynamic singularity?

Camel: A horse designed by a committee and built by MPBW. Enny one
else remember the Ministry of Public Blunders (and Worse)? Where are
they now?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Linz

Aug 29, 2003, 8:21:09 AM8/29/03

"DinkiPixie" <atouc...@beeb.net> wrote in message

Yes, that can go a long way too.

Jamie Hart

Aug 29, 2003, 9:10:58 AM8/29/03

"Kate Dicey" <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Sn!pe" wrote:
> >
> > Guy King wrote:
> >
> > > "Malc" <maltre...@blueyonder.co.uk> mumbled:

> > > Or possibly the nose bone of a Manilow.
> >
> > Designed by a committee, like the Camule, yer Mankilow.
> > --
> > Sn!pe - Some kind of quantum bogodynamic singularity?
>
> Camel: A horse designed by a committee and built by MPBW. Enny one
> else remember the Ministry of Public Blunders (and Worse)? Where are
> they now?

Running the Country?

And while we're on the subject.

<Rant>
Why does this government feel it has to go along wiv the leftpondians in
everything.

T'were bad enough going to war 'cos they did, but when we start 'avin
electronicity blackouts just 'cos they did it's gorn too far.

Something should be done.
</Rant>

Duncan Duck

Aug 29, 2003, 9:43:59 AM8/29/03
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:10:58 +0100, "Jamie Hart"
<theodor...@hotmail.com> said:

> <Rant>
> Why does this government feel it has to go along wiv the leftpondians in
> everything.

> T'were bad enough going to war 'cos they did, but when we start 'avin
> electronicity blackouts just 'cos they did it's gorn too far.

> Something should be done.
> </Rant>

At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If we'd
copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out most of the
right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.

--
Paul Clark you.missed -> umist to reply
The very first thing necessary to anyone who's weird is a place

Jamie Hart

Aug 29, 2003, 10:10:07 AM8/29/03

"Duncan Duck" <paul....@you.missed.ac.uk> wrote in message

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:10:58 +0100, "Jamie Hart"
> <theodor...@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > <Rant>
> > Why does this government feel it has to go along wiv the leftpondians in
> > everything.
>
> > T'were bad enough going to war 'cos they did, but when we start 'avin
> > electronicity blackouts just 'cos they did it's gorn too far.
>
> > Something should be done.
> > </Rant>
>
> At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If we'd
> copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out most of the
> right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.

It's all relative to percentages and sizes and stuff innit.

Besides, the leftpondians went a bit over the top with theirs, wouldn't
catch us being that flamboyant.

Kate Dicey

Aug 29, 2003, 10:45:18 AM8/29/03

Arrrbut! We MOANED about it more van dey did! Weez better at ther
moanin bit...

Guy King

Aug 29, 2003, 1:21:39 PM8/29/03
xenop...@hotmail.com mumbled:

> I didn't!

I only found out about it this morning.

Henriette Kress

Aug 29, 2003, 3:55:34 PM8/29/03
Sena wrote:

> Kran sends
> her love and will be back on line soon. She are currently
> changing all the ickle Swedish pluggits on her pootery stuff to
> proper UKian pluggits. She are good fun, and I goove I are
> going to like having her around.

Aye. Kran is fun, and nice, and lovely, and cool to be around.
And - here's a secret - she's also a great cook!

Hetta

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed

Austin Shackles

Aug 29, 2003, 5:06:09 PM8/29/03
On or around Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:40:03 +0100, Guy King
<guy....@zetnet.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk> mumbled:
>
>> Smote. Isn't that a wonderful word!
>

>A bit of righteous smiting goes a long way.

dude.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt"

Austin Shackles

Aug 29, 2003, 5:09:02 PM8/29/03
On or around Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:12:14 +0100, xenop...@hotmail.com
enlightened us thusly:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:45:18 +0100, Kate Dicey
><ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>>Duncan Duck wrote:
>
>>> At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If we'd
>>> copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out most of the
>>> right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.
>

>>Arrrbut! We MOANED about it more van dey did! Weez better at ther
>>moanin bit...
>

><smug>
>
>I didn't!

nor me. I din't even know it was happening.

could be that this is why the internet were borked.

Carl .LHS. Williams

Aug 27, 2003, 4:41:02 PM8/27/03
In article <MPG.19b5c7911...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>Kran is here and has invaded the madhouse. She are safe and

Yay! Welcome to Blighty, Kran! Erm, sorry about not showing up
to shift TQT, I was a bit occupied elsewhere an' utterly forgot,
*and* managed to be out of reminder-call range at the time.

Competence has never been my strong point...

Only 1800 messages to go now...
--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |

Frank Erskine

Aug 29, 2003, 8:26:14 PM8/29/03
In article <bij50u$o...@yon-net.demon.co.uk>, Carl .LHS. Williams
<ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <MPG.19b5c7911...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
>Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>>Kran is here and has invaded the madhouse. She are safe and
>
>Yay! Welcome to Blighty, Kran! Erm, sorry about not showing up
>to shift TQT, I was a bit occupied elsewhere an' utterly forgot,
>*and* managed to be out of reminder-call range at the time.
>
>Competence has never been my strong point...

IRTA:- "strong paint"

--
Frank Erskine
OETKBC

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Aug 30, 2003, 7:07:42 AM8/30/03
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:21:39 +0100, Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>xenop...@hotmail.com mumbled:

>> I didn't!
>
>I only found out about it this morning.

I only found out about it in this thread. Been a bit out of touch, too
much pooter games playing.

Networking is well understood and well standardized, unfortunately not by the same people.

coj

Aug 31, 2003, 3:28:07 AM8/31/03

"Rugrat" <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid> wrote in
message news:birba2$iok$3...@mail.dcs.warwick.ac.uk...

> Frank Erskine wrote:
> > Carl .LHS. Williams <ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes
>
> >>Competence has never been my strong point...

IRTA Continence

> > IRTA:- "strong paint"
>
> IRIA strange pint.

AIRTA stringy pants.

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Sep 1, 2003, 12:55:30 PM9/1/03
Unforgets me of a recipe comparison I'd seen a dew decafortnights ago, about
a recipe from the middle ages, with modern measurements translated side by
side.

"breast of one chicken, diced 1 cm"
just doesn't have the same ring as
"breast of one chicken-smite unto gobbets"

--

Lane Gray
Yes, I'm a minion of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial

Guy King

Sep 1, 2003, 2:12:26 PM9/1/03
"Lane Gray, Czar Castic" <CGr...@kc.rr.com> mumbled:

> "breast of one chicken-smite unto gobbets"

I hate that word. A-level English students were taught hfring "gobbets"
of text, and though I never did English at A-level I still came across
the concept. Bleeeeugh.

Sena

Sep 4, 2003, 3:28:55 PM9/4/03
Duncan Duck said...

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:10:58 +0100, "Jamie Hart"
> <theodor...@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > <Rant>
> > Why does this government feel it has to go along wiv the leftpondians in
> > everything.
>
> > T'were bad enough going to war 'cos they did, but when we start 'avin
> > electronicity blackouts just 'cos they did it's gorn too far.
>
> > Something should be done.
> > </Rant>
>
> At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If we'd
> copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out most of the
> right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.

Power cut? Did we have a power cut? What power cut?

Sena

Sep 4, 2003, 3:28:56 PM9/4/03
Henriette Kress said...

> Kran is fun, and nice, and lovely, and cool to be around.
> And - here's a secret - she's also a great cook!

But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
Do.

Sena

Sep 4, 2003, 3:28:57 PM9/4/03
Guy King said...

> "Lane Gray, Czar Castic" <CGr...@kc.rr.com> mumbled:
>
> > "breast of one chicken-smite unto gobbets"
>
> I hate that word. A-level English students were taught hfring "gobbets"
> of text, and though I never did English at A-level I still came across
> the concept. Bleeeeugh.

MTAAW. I was first introduced to the worm at University and it
unforgetted me of spitting and suchlike. It sounds rilly rilly
narsty and yucky. Ugh.

Guy King

Sep 4, 2003, 3:45:19 PM9/4/03
Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:

> But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
> Do.

You don't mean...you can see the kitchen floor? What colour was it?

Austin Shackles

Sep 4, 2003, 5:56:22 PM9/4/03
On or around Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:28:56 +0100, Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk>
enlightened us thusly:

>Henriette Kress said...
>> Kran is fun, and nice, and lovely, and cool to be around.
>> And - here's a secret - she's also a great cook!
>
>But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
>Do.

not been mopping the kitchen floor again, has she?

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

Once, when the secrets of science were the jealously guarded property of
a small priesthood, the common man had no hope of mastering their arcane
complexities. Years of study in musty classrooms were prerequisite to
obtaining even a dim, incoherent knowledge of science.
Today, all that has changed: a dim, incoherent knowledge of science is
available to anyone. - Tom Weller, Science Made Stupid, 1986

Kate Dicey

Sep 4, 2003, 6:37:46 PM9/4/03
Guy King wrote:

> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>
> > But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
> > Do.
>
> You don't mean...you can see the kitchen floor? What colour was it?

I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a
mop... but usherly only when me toes start sticking! At the moment
it's cream wiv black spots. The black spots move about from week to
week.

Kate Dicey

Sep 4, 2003, 7:51:26 PM9/4/03
Guy King wrote:

> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>
> > But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
> > Do.
>
> You don't mean...you can see the kitchen floor? What colour was it?

I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a

Guy King

Sep 5, 2003, 2:42:14 AM9/5/03
Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:

> I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a
> mop... but usherly only when me toes start sticking! At the moment
> it's cream wiv black spots. The black spots move about from week to
> week.

Not...."The Black Spot"? Is your kitchen floor cowering in anticipation
of a swarthy pirate fresh from the Spanish Main bursting in with a pair
of hobnail boots and trampling it to death?

Kate Dicey

Sep 5, 2003, 5:41:22 AM9/5/03
Guy King wrote:

> Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:
>
> > I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a
> > mop... but usherly only when me toes start sticking! At the moment
> > it's cream wiv black spots. The black spots move about from week to
> > week.
>
> Not...."The Black Spot"? Is your kitchen floor cowering in anticipation
> of a swarthy pirate fresh from the Spanish Main bursting in with a pair
> of hobnail boots and trampling it to death?

I whishy wood! Then I cood have a new one! This one were cut to fit
the previous kitchen, and there's a bit missing where the units are now
a different shape, and when they fitted it, they tore the vinyl (it were
a repair following a minor flood that turned into a major hassle - as is
everything in this house!), and a few weeks after it went down, the S&H
dropped summat sharp on it and sliced it. It was nice when we chose
it! I need a nice remnant, about 4' wide and 12' long, in a simla
colour.

Austin Shackles

Sep 5, 2003, 8:46:13 AM9/5/03
On or around Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:51:26 +0100, Kate Dicey
<ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>Guy King wrote:
>>
>> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:
>>
>> > But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will Not
>> > Do.
>>
>> You don't mean...you can see the kitchen floor? What colour was it?
>
>I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a
>mop... but usherly only when me toes start sticking! At the moment
>it's cream wiv black spots. The black spots move about from week to
>week.

you seem to be in dupli-Kate.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in
Boswell's "Johnson".

Kate Morgan

Sep 5, 2003, 8:52:58 AM9/5/03
snip

> you seem to be in dupli-Kate.

the best way to be :-)

other kate

Kate Dicey

Sep 5, 2003, 9:57:21 AM9/5/03
Austin Shackles wrote:

> On or around Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:51:26 +0100, Kate Dicey
> <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >Guy King wrote:
> >>
> >> Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> mumbled:

> >> You don't mean...you can see the kitchen floor? What colour was it?
> >
> >I has ter admit ter giving MY kitchen floor a bit of a tickle wiv a
> >mop... but usherly only when me toes start sticking! At the moment
> >it's cream wiv black spots. The black spots move about from week to
> >week.
>
> you seem to be in dupli-Kate.

Yoo arr lucky to have me: the more ov me therr arr, the luckier yoo
gets! ;)

Oiorpata

Sep 5, 2003, 4:45:49 PM9/5/03
On 27 Aug 2003 21:41:02 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
Williams) wrote:

>In article <MPG.19b5c7911...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
>Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>>Kran is here and has invaded the madhouse. She are safe and
>
>Yay! Welcome to Blighty, Kran! Erm, sorry about not showing up
>to shift TQT, I was a bit occupied elsewhere an' utterly forgot,
>*and* managed to be out of reminder-call range at the time.
>
>Competence has never been my strong point...
>
>Only 1800 messages to go now...

Only 1800? I've just managed to get my puter connected (via a
delightfully Heath Robinson arrangement of extension wires) and
downloaded 4976 of the little blighters. Dunno if I'll ever catch up,
or if I'll just save them somewhere in another folder, for a rainy
day. S'not like I've got much time for shedding anyhow, wot wiv having
to look for houses and wothaveyou. T'was jolly nice to see yous that
evening when yous came looming out of the gathering gloom of eventide.

Many thanks to the mighty shedmen who turned up to hump tqt up many
many stairs. Those who were unable to attend the first Krantqt
shifting moot need not dispair, there'll be another chance one the arj
hovel is found and this time it'll be mostly carrying downstairs.
'Specially if I get lucky and find meself a bungalow.

After downloading all these unread messages me and the puter are quite
tired, so I'm gonna unplug it from the phone and get some kip. Nitey
nite all.
--

Kran

oiorpata at brevet dot nu

Frank Erskine

Sep 5, 2003, 5:01:29 PM9/5/03
In article <d6thlvcmvlos7cdkn...@4ax.com>, Oiorpata
<oior...@hotmail.com> writes

>Only 1800? I've just managed to get my puter connected (via a
>delightfully Heath Robinson arrangement of extension wires) and
>downloaded 4976 of the little blighters.
<snip>

Woohoo! Welcome back to the madhouse.
--
Frank Erskine
MJBC

Richard Robinson

Sep 5, 2003, 9:22:24 PM9/5/03
In article <d6thlvcmvlos7cdkn...@4ax.com>, Oiorpata wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2003 21:41:02 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
>>Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
>>>Kran is here and has invaded the madhouse. She are safe and
>>
>>Yay! Welcome to Blighty, Kran! Erm, sorry about not showing up
>>to shift TQT, I was a bit occupied elsewhere an' utterly forgot,
>>*and* managed to be out of reminder-call range at the time.
>>
>>Competence has never been my strong point...
>>
>>Only 1800 messages to go now...
>
> Only 1800? I've just managed to get my puter connected (via a
> delightfully Heath Robinson arrangement of extension wires) and
> downloaded 4976 of the little blighters.

Hooray ! hello.

--
Richard Robinson

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 4:10:35 AM9/6/03
Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> mumbled:

> Only 1800? I've just managed to get my puter connected

Cooo, wotcha! How you settling in?

Oiorpata

Sep 6, 2003, 9:50:44 AM9/6/03

Tah, it's grand to be back, wiv me own puter all connected up and
everything. S'reet luxurius this bedroom, poor Katherine getting
turfed out to make room for me and the tat, and squeezed into the
playdoom next door wiv all the littlies coming in and rootling through
her stuff.

Oiorpata

Sep 6, 2003, 10:40:27 AM9/6/03
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 07:38:48 +0100, xenop...@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:45:49 +0200, Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:

>>Many thanks to the mighty shedmen who turned up to hump tqt up many
>>many stairs. Those who were unable to attend the first Krantqt
>>shifting moot need not dispair, there'll be another chance one the arj
>>hovel is found and this time it'll be mostly carrying downstairs.
>>'Specially if I get lucky and find meself a bungalow.
>

>Let's hope that it's ssoner rather than later. The Shed is not the same
>without you!

Well, now that I've got me own puter set up I orter be able to pop in
rather more often.

>>After downloading all these unread messages me and the puter are quite
>>tired, so I'm gonna unplug it from the phone and get some kip. Nitey
>>nite all.
>

>I should employ Mr Read's services, if I were you!

I've moved them all to an arj folder named "unread shed" and saved
them until they Kummin Handi.

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 10:43:44 AM9/6/03
Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> mumbled:

> Tah, it's grand to be back, wiv me own puter all connected up and
> everything. S'reet luxurius this bedroom, poor Katherine getting
> turfed out to make room for me and the tat, and squeezed into the
> playdoom next door wiv all the littlies coming in and rootling through
> her stuff.

They always did anyway...and don't let her tell you they didn't.

Anyway, she can always take refuge up at the ceiling.

Oiorpata

Sep 6, 2003, 10:53:48 AM9/6/03
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:10:35 +0100, Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> mumbled:

>> Only 1800? I've just managed to get my puter connected
>
>Cooo, wotcha! How you settling in?

Very well thank'ee. S'ever so nice here. Check out this piccy of the
view I have from the computer in Katherine's room (now snared by me
and the tat).
http://www.lesbiangardens.net/shed/window.jpg

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 12:03:04 PM9/6/03
Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> mumbled:

> Very well thank'ee. S'ever so nice here. Check out this piccy of the
> view I have from the computer in Katherine's room (now snared by me
> and the tat).

IRTA cat.
Shame they're allergic to 'em, 'cos what Fran's house really needs is a cat.

Inky and Squid sat on the sofa last night and watched Fellowship of the
Ring. Shrimp (black cat) toddled along and sat next to Inky and he
stroked her for about an hour. This is quite something...he'd only just
made his peace with her after his own toddlerhood when Pipple turned up
and put her right off children again.

Pipple's discovered an arj trick...bodysurfing down the stairs. When
she's in a hurry she lies on her tummy, feet first then straightens out
and slithers all the way down in about two seconds. Had kittens the
first time I saw her do it...and latterly giggles. Squid says she's seen
her do it on her back, too...but I ain't seen that yet.

Austin Shackles

Sep 6, 2003, 2:43:12 PM9/6/03
On or around Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:03:04 +0100, Guy King
<guy....@zetnet.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>Pipple's discovered an arj trick...bodysurfing down the stairs. When
>she's in a hurry she lies on her tummy, feet first then straightens out
>and slithers all the way down in about two seconds. Had kittens the
>first time I saw her do it...and latterly giggles. Squid says she's seen
>her do it on her back, too...but I ain't seen that yet.

seen 'er do it at Fran's.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

Appearances: You don't really need make-up. Celebrate your authentic
face by frightening people in the street.
from the Little Book of Complete B***ocks by Alistair Beaton.

Oiorpata

Sep 6, 2003, 5:18:53 PM9/6/03
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 14:55:58 +0100, Sn!pe
<snipe12...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Oiorpata wrote:
>
>> playdoom
>
>TOBAGO, or the other kind?

A bit of both?

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 5:29:22 PM9/6/03
Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> mumbled:

> >Pipple's discovered an arj trick...bodysurfing down the stairs. When
> >she's in a hurry she lies on her tummy, feet first then straightens out
> >and slithers all the way down in about two seconds. Had kittens the
> >first time I saw her do it...and latterly giggles. Squid says she's seen
> >her do it on her back, too...but I ain't seen that yet.

> seen 'er do it at Fran's.

I've seen her go down stairs facing out, but not toboggan down on her
back. P'raps my eyes are tight shut at that point!

Kate Dicey

Sep 6, 2003, 6:02:52 PM9/6/03

FEET first? Wotz rong wiv HEAD first?
--
Kate XXXXXX (Remembering long wet days in Kirkcaldy, slithering down
the stairs at Granny's house in Loughborough Road)

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 11:27:18 PM9/6/03
Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:

> FEET first? Wotz rong wiv HEAD first?

She'm only tiddly! Poor kid's only 13 mnonths.

Guy King

Sep 6, 2003, 11:27:49 PM9/6/03
xenop...@hotmail.com mumbled:

> Ooooo! You've just unforgotten me of how scary it was going down the
> big slide head first after we'd polished it with a candle!

I waxed the slide in the local park the other day.

As Pip said...."Wheeee!"

Thomas Rushton

Sep 7, 2003, 3:35:30 AM9/7/03
Rugrat <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid> wrote:

> Oiorpata wrote.
>
> Hurrah! We are once more beKranned! Trousies would fall down if I was
> wearing any.

Methinks that is too much information.

--
Thomas Rushton, Leeds, UK
A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours

Helen Deborah Vecht

Sep 7, 2003, 3:48:31 AM9/7/03
Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk>typed

> Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:

> > FEET first? Wotz rong wiv HEAD first?

> She'm only tiddly! Poor kid's only 13 mnonths.

Going feet first fnirf gvzr when you'm get to the bottom of the stairs.

Pipple are a ver ohfl lady and wooden want to jnfgr gvzr...

--
Helen D. Vecht: helen...@zetnet.co.uk
Edgware.

Guy King

Sep 7, 2003, 5:34:24 AM9/7/03
xenop...@hotmail.com mumbled:

> I bet they don't have concrete at the bottom of that one, like the day
> at the bottom of ours!

Rubberised surface, but the one in Coalbrookdale (to which we sometimes
walk) just has dust. Or mud, depending on the clemency of the weather.

Kate Dicey

Sep 7, 2003, 8:22:00 AM9/7/03

Arr... Feets is ok, but she WILL start on headfurz before too long! I
fink I were not quite three... But we did it every year thereafter! I
has in my mind's eye a pix of all 3 ov us and a large tin tray, and a
great crashing noise... Bruvver wood be abaht thee, me nearly 5 and Big
Sis almost 7... Little sis weren't evident at this point.

Granny's house were one of those ole Scottish Baronial style town
houses, wot had bin split in two. She had the upper half, wiv 2/3 of
the old music room as her front entrance hall. The stairs were quite
shallow, and covered in revolting (but excellent quality) brown spotty
carpet, all pure wool, and just about right fer sliding down! It were
nice and thick, and the treads were fairly shallow, but there was a long
straight flight down one wall... Made a great place to play onna wet
day!
--
Kate XXXXXX

Jaques d'Altrades

Sep 7, 2003, 12:36:57 PM9/7/03
The message <bjer9u$8ku$1...@mail.dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
from Rugrat <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid>
contains these words:
> Thomas Rushton wrote:
> > Rugrat <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid> wrote:

> >> Trousies would fall down if I was wearing any.
> >
> > Methinks that is too much information.

> Prolly. I'd come back from the pub and got ready for bed, and just did a wee

Ah, I see.

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.

Austin Shackles

Sep 7, 2003, 2:30:50 PM9/7/03
On or around Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:29:22 +0100, Guy King
<guy....@zetnet.co.uk> enlightened us thusly:

>Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> mumbled:

>> >Pipple's discovered an arj trick...bodysurfing down the stairs. When
>> >she's in a hurry she lies on her tummy, feet first then straightens out
>> >and slithers all the way down in about two seconds. Had kittens the
>> >first time I saw her do it...and latterly giggles. Squid says she's seen
>> >her do it on her back, too...but I ain't seen that yet.
>
>> seen 'er do it at Fran's.
>
>I've seen her go down stairs facing out, but not toboggan down on her
>back. P'raps my eyes are tight shut at that point!

not on 'er back. tobogganning on belly, I saw. was amused thereby, as,
apparently, was Pipple.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

"If you cannot mould yourself as you would wish, how can you expect
other people to be entirely to your liking?"
Thomas Ą Kempis (1380 - 1471) Imitation of Christ, I.xvi.

Sena

Sep 7, 2003, 4:01:13 PM9/7/03
Austin Shackles said...
> On or around Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:28:56 +0100, Sena
<sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk>
> enlightened us thusly:
>
> >Henriette Kress said...
> >> Kran is fun, and nice, and lovely, and cool to be around.
> >> And - here's a secret - she's also a great cook!

> >But... she are also deadly wivva mop and bucket. This Will
Not
> >Do.
>
> not been mopping the kitchen floor again, has she?

She did, but she's a bit funny that way. Wot's really
*seriously* worriting is that the Grid's bin qbvat similar
things. Last night I were ded tyred and went for a nap... and
there was this powdered milik (nuffin' ter qb wiv me guv, blame
the lodger) and there was this rice... and there was Bug, and
Pickle... and the kitching floor so clean and good and arj...
and, er, one thing - or child - led to another, and soon I had
(so I am tolled, for I were napping) a rather white and powdery-
crunchy set of floor tiles. So Grid, for it was she, moppit and
scrubbit and *jnfurq* the kitching floor. This is obviously
somewhat bothersome and I am concerned lest I perhaps I have the
<Railwossname> Wrong Type of Lodger </Railthingy>. OTOH... it
occurs to me that mayhap if this behaviour keeps up I might at
least get a decent dowry for her when she are of age.
--

Fran
The email address in the headers is now a spamtrap; however
ynyschwith at lineone dot net (no spaces) will reach me.

Jaques d'Altrades

Sep 7, 2003, 4:17:16 PM9/7/03
The message <MPG.19c29a034...@news.individual.net>
from Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> contains these words:

/snip of perverted kitchenry/

> OTOH... it
> occurs to me that mayhap if this behaviour keeps up I might at
> least get a decent dowry for her when she are of age.

I thumked RAustin were hard up?

Kate Dicey

Sep 7, 2003, 6:15:00 PM9/7/03
Rugrat wrote:

> Kate Dicey wrote:
>
> > I has in my mind's eye a pix of all 3 ov us and a large tin tray, and a
> > great crashing noise...
>
> In our case it was four of us (Mum, Dad, Brother and Self) (B&S aged
> perhaps 16 and 17 at that point) and the tin tray had been replaced with an
> upside-down patio table liberated (after a well-lubricated dinner) from the
> chalet we were staying in. Replace the stairs with a ski slope while you're
> at it, and you have a pretty good idea of the scene. We kept the Great
> Crashing Noise - the table snapped in half when we tried to get it airborne
> over a sharp bump, but we ohled an arj one and the chalet people reckoned
> the spectacle and story they got was worth it.
>
> Rugrat

We hit the rubber plant granny kept at the bottom of the stairs in an
old brass coal bucket! lovely bangs and crashes! it were loud ennuf
fer her to hear, 5 rooms, a floor level, and 2 ft thick granite walls
away!

Brain D

Sep 7, 2003, 7:29:42 PM9/7/03
On 7 Sep,
Jaques d'Altrades <bric...@pottingshed.org> wrote:

> The message <bjer9u$8ku$1...@mail.dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
> from Rugrat <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid>
> contains these words:
> > Thomas Rushton wrote:

> > > Methinks that is too much information.
>
> > Prolly. I'd come back from the pub and got ready for bed, and just did a wee
>
> Ah, I see.

IRTAAAAW
--
Brain D

Richard Eney

Sep 8, 2003, 2:12:45 AM9/8/03
In article <3F5B22E8...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk>,

Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
>Guy King wrote:
>> Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:
>> > FEET first? Wotz rong wiv HEAD first?

>> She'm only tiddly! Poor kid's only 13 mnonths.

>Arr... Feets is ok, but she WILL start on headfurz before too long! I

>fink I were not quite three... But we did it every year thereafter! I
>has in my mind's eye a pix of all 3 ov us and a large tin tray, and a
>great crashing noise... Bruvver wood be abaht thee, me nearly 5 and Big
>Sis almost 7... Little sis weren't evident at this point.

<snip>

>The stairs were quite
>shallow, and covered in revolting (but excellent quality) brown spotty
>carpet, all pure wool, and just about right fer sliding down! It were
>nice and thick, and the treads were fairly shallow

We hfred old blankets to slide down uncarpeted stairs. At least they were
old when we were through with them.

=Tamar

Austin Shackles

Sep 8, 2003, 2:52:17 AM9/8/03
On or around Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:17:16 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
<bric...@pottingshed.org> enlightened us thusly:

>The message <MPG.19c29a034...@news.individual.net>
>from Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> contains these words:
>
>/snip of perverted kitchenry/
>
>> OTOH... it
>> occurs to me that mayhap if this behaviour keeps up I might at
>> least get a decent dowry for her when she are of age.
>
>I thumked RAustin were hard up?

beat me tuit.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

Soon shall thy arm, unconquered steam! afar Drag the slow barge, or
drive the rapid car; Or on wide-waving wings expanded bear the
flying chariot through the field of air.- Erasmus Darwin (1731-1802)

Guy King

Sep 8, 2003, 3:09:47 AM9/8/03
dic...@radix.net (Richard Eney) mumbled:

> We hfred old blankets to slide down uncarpeted stairs. At least they were
> old when we were through with them.

Some friends and I went to a staggeringly boring army party when we were
in our very early twenties. To relieve the boredom we slid down a vast
staircase for hours on end. I couldn't walk properly for a week
afterwards 'cos I was so bruised.

Kate Dicey

Sep 8, 2003, 7:09:29 AM9/8/03

Nylon sleeping bags werk well too! I once went polybagging down the
lawn at kollij... Nearly ended up in the river! Hild/Bede, Durham,
circa 1977...

Linz

Sep 8, 2003, 8:07:59 AM9/8/03

"Sena" <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> She did, but she's a bit funny that way. Wot's really
> *seriously* worriting is that the Grid's bin qbvat similar
> things. Last night I were ded tyred and went for a nap... and
> there was this powdered milik (nuffin' ter qb wiv me guv, blame
> the lodger) and there was this rice... and there was Bug, and
> Pickle... and the kitching floor so clean and good and arj...
> and, er, one thing - or child - led to another, and soon I had
> (so I am tolled, for I were napping) a rather white and powdery-
> crunchy set of floor tiles. So Grid, for it was she, moppit and
> scrubbit and *jnfurq* the kitching floor. This is obviously
> somewhat bothersome and I am concerned lest I perhaps I have the
> <Railwossname> Wrong Type of Lodger </Railthingy>. OTOH... it
> occurs to me that mayhap if this behaviour keeps up I might at
> least get a decent dowry for her when she are of age.

Could you lend her to me?

On Saturday I inphhzed upstairs, as that's my job while Rapunzel painted the
cot. On Sunday I inphhzed downstairs and then I jnfued the floor because it
really, really needed doing. And then my back went on strike and it's still
stiff as a board today. So I won't be doing that again. It's Rapunzel's
turn.

Kate Dicey

Sep 8, 2003, 9:33:14 AM9/8/03

Dad let a brylcremed pig loose in an RAF officer's mess summer ball
once!

Guy King

Sep 8, 2003, 11:12:04 AM9/8/03
Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> mumbled:

> brylcremed pig

Lord Lucan?

Frank Erskine

Sep 8, 2003, 11:06:05 AM9/8/03
In article <3f5c7a6b$1...@news.umist.ac.uk>, Linz
<sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk> writes

>On Saturday I inphhzed upstairs,

IRTA:- "On Saturday I inhaled"

--
Frank Erskine
OETKBC

Duncan Duck

Sep 8, 2003, 12:43:13 PM9/8/03
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:28:55 +0100, Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> said:

> Duncan Duck said...

>> At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If we'd
>> copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out most of the
>> right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.

> Power cut? Did we have a power cut? What power cut?

Not we as in you and me, but central London did. Judging from the
press coverage, you'd goove central London was the whole UK.

--
Paul Clark you.missed -> umist to reply
The very first thing necessary to anyone who's weird is a place
where they don't give you a hard time just because you're weird.
-Mike Callahan

Oiorpata

Sep 8, 2003, 4:06:32 PM9/8/03
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:17:16 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
<bric...@pottingshed.org> wrote:

>The message <MPG.19c29a034...@news.individual.net>
>from Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> contains these words:
>
>/snip of perverted kitchenry/
>
>> OTOH... it
>> occurs to me that mayhap if this behaviour keeps up I might at
>> least get a decent dowry for her when she are of age.
>
>I thumked RAustin were hard up?

But his family owns a multitude of goats, and goats are a favoured
currency when it comes to paying dowries.
--

Kran

karen at lesbiangardens dot net

Mr Guest

Sep 8, 2003, 6:15:28 PM9/8/03
Duncan Duck wrote (apparently) in uk.rec.sheds on Mon 08 Sep 2003
17:43:13:

> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:28:55 +0100, Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk>
> said:
>
>> Duncan Duck said...
>
>>> At least our power cut only blacked out part of one city. If
>>> we'd copied the leftpondians properly, it would have taken out
>>> most of the right hand side of Ratynaq and part of Senapr.
>
>> Power cut? Did we have a power cut? What power cut?
>
> Not we as in you and me, but central London did. Judging from the
> press coverage, you'd goove central London was the whole UK.

Should us in't'norf have done owt? In sympathy, o'course. Not that I
fimk the feckin' news's biased. Like the weather - torrential rain in
the south-east - I careth not a jot, I don't boodly live there. But
it's obviously worserer for 'em.
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere

Richard Eney

Sep 9, 2003, 12:47:21 AM9/9/03
In article <3F5C6369...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk>,
Kate Dicey <ka...@diceyhome.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Richard Eney wrote:

>> We hfred old blankets to slide down uncarpeted stairs. At least
>> they were old when we were through with them.
>>
>> =Tamar
>
>Nylon sleeping bags werk well too! I once went polybagging down the
>lawn at kollij... Nearly ended up in the river! Hild/Bede, Durham,
>circa 1977...

We had the excuse of being in snigle-digit ages at the time...
Old-fashioned sleds on icy hillsides were fun too, as long as
you remembered to roll off before you hit the stone wall.

=Tamar

Guy King

Sep 9, 2003, 2:40:06 AM9/9/03
dic...@radix.net (Richard Eney) mumbled:

> We had the excuse of being in snigle-digit ages at the time...
> Old-fashioned sleds on icy hillsides were fun too, as long as
> you remembered to roll off before you hit the stone wall.

Stone wall? Eeeh, tha were lucky...we had a bramble patch. Found in the
end that it was more fun to molish a snow ramp and leap it than stop
before it. The wiser among us wore Dad's jbexshop goggles in case it all
went wrong.

We also had an enameled oven door which was splendid for polished ice.
The only trouble was that it was so slippery it lacked any directional
stability and allowed you to weathercock so your legs ended up behind.
Couldn't lie down...t'was too small, so sitting was the only option, but
you always ended up going down backwards unless you trailed a hand...but
that cost speed.

There's a hill near here leading down to Rough Park which is about 300
yards long, and if snowy enough and with a good tobacconist can be
navigated in one swell foop.

Guy King

Sep 9, 2003, 3:16:54 AM9/9/03
Sn!pe <snipe12...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> mumbled:

> A good fag-shop? Anyroadup, we don't get snow these days;
> not like when I were a lad. <sucks teef, shakes head>

We did a couple of years ago. Splendid it was.

Jaques d'Altrades

Sep 9, 2003, 5:13:04 AM9/9/03
The message <1332705.C...@scolopax.snipeco.fsnet.co.uk>
from Sn!pe <snipe12...@spambin.fsnet.co.uk> contains these words:

> Guy King wrote:

> > There's a hill near here leading down to Rough Park which is about 300
> > yards long, and if snowy enough and with a good tobacconist can be
> > navigated in one swell foop.

> A good fag-shop? Anyroadup, we don't get snow these days;

> not like when I were a lad. <sucks teef, shakes head>

Ar, in the winter of 18mumblemumble the Thames froze over and they
roasted a nox on it. Do you remember?

Jaques d'Altrades

Sep 9, 2003, 5:03:08 AM9/9/03
The message <6esolvclqfqja86t8...@4ax.com>
from Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> contains these words:

Ang on! There's summat wrong 'ere!

Dowriz are paid by the bride's fambly in order to offload the bint onto
another fambly innit.

Kate Dicey

Sep 9, 2003, 6:35:09 AM9/9/03

Nine or nineteen, who cares? It was still fun!

Kate Dicey

Sep 9, 2003, 6:53:34 AM9/9/03

Aarrbut the 'bride price' is paid by HIS fambly to make sure they get a
goodun fer breeding stock!

Austin Shackles

Sep 9, 2003, 7:27:29 AM9/9/03
On or around Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:06:32 +0200, Oiorpata
<oior...@hotmail.com> enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. have to unforget that...

Fran did say she wanted a goat to deal wiv the brambulation of the garden,
come to guvax of it.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that

Once, when the secrets of science were the jealously guarded property of
a small priesthood, the common man had no hope of mastering their arcane
complexities. Years of study in musty classrooms were prerequisite to
obtaining even a dim, incoherent knowledge of science.
Today, all that has changed: a dim, incoherent knowledge of science is
available to anyone. - Tom Weller, Science Made Stupid, 1986

Guy King

Sep 9, 2003, 9:31:53 AM9/9/03
Jaques d'Altrades <bric...@pottingshed.org> mumbled:

> Ar, in the winter of 18mumblemumble the Thames froze over and they
> roasted a nox on it. Do you remember?

Hot ice...whatever next.

MEow

Sep 9, 2003, 10:04:30 AM9/9/03
While frolicking around in uk.rec.sheds, Carl .LHS. Williams of Random
Shed said:

>Only 1800 messages to go now...

2859 for me after having read almost half of the ones I got when I
downloaded.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856

MEow

Sep 9, 2003, 10:07:36 AM9/9/03
While frolicking around in uk.rec.sheds, Oiorpata of said:

>After downloading all these unread messages me and the puter are quite
>tired, so I'm gonna unplug it from the phone and get some kip. Nitey
>nite all.

Conga rats on a successful move. Good to hear it went well.

--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN

"How come every thread I start ends up in masturbation?" Clayton(a.a.)

Jaques d'Altrades

Sep 9, 2003, 3:39:53 PM9/9/03
The message <200309091...@zetnet.co.uk>
from Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk> contains these words:

> Jaques d'Altrades <bric...@pottingshed.org> mumbled:

> > Ar, in the winter of 18mumblemumble the Thames froze over and they
> > roasted a nox on it. Do you remember?

> Hot ice...whatever next.

Water?

Andrew Marshall

Sep 9, 2003, 2:01:16 PM9/9/03
In article <97erlvgooladonq1a...@4ax.com>, Austin Shackles
<aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> writes

>On or around Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:06:32 +0200, Oiorpata
><oior...@hotmail.com> enlightened us thusly:
>Fran did say she wanted a goat to deal wiv the brambulation of the garden,
>come to guvax of it.

I like my brambulated garden - lots of tasty blackbriz innit.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
Andrew Marshall, M0MAA.
Unsolicited advertising matter unwelcome. Offenders may be blacklisted.

Big Tone

Sep 10, 2003, 6:53:19 AM9/10/03
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:09:47 +0100, Guy King <guy....@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>dic...@radix.net (Richard Eney) mumbled:
>
>> We hfred old blankets to slide down uncarpeted stairs. At least they were
>> old when we were through with them.
>
>Some friends and I went to a staggeringly boring army party when we were
>in our very early twenties. To relieve the boredom we slid down a vast
>staircase for hours on end. I couldn't walk properly for a week
>afterwards 'cos I was so bruised.

Unforgets me of the old tradition of using resteraunt trays ( silvery
steel ) to surf down the dry ski-slope at Aviemore, after the Scottish
rally. We used to use the side by side cycle things as getaway
vehicles when the dibblery arrived.

--
Big Tone
daviso...@ntlworld.com

Oiorpata

Sep 11, 2003, 4:02:14 PM9/11/03
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:07:36 +0200, MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se>
wrote:

>While frolicking around in uk.rec.sheds, Oiorpata of said:
>
>>After downloading all these unread messages me and the puter are quite
>>tired, so I'm gonna unplug it from the phone and get some kip. Nitey
>>nite all.
>
>Conga rats on a successful move. Good to hear it went well.

Fanks. Good to hear your own move went well too, apart from being
robbed by Telia.

I am a bit miffed today, on account of finding the perfect house
yesterday, and my sister looking the post code up on Upmystreet and
convincing James that it'd be a bad investment. While he was wittering
on about not wanting to ohl something that'd have no resale value some
other rotters snuck round and put in an offer. Me lovely house and
gardin, nicked right out from under me sweaty hands! They were only
asking 40 thou for it too, so I would have been delightfully well orf
on me little pension.

AAW I have come down wiv a rotten sore throat, snotty head and fever.
I'm sure it must be that clod what has been creeping through the shed.
I advise everyone to dip their puters in vinegar to kill the virus
before it spreads any further.

Now I'm gwaning back to bed, for the 3rd or 4th time today. Hope I
remember to log on to the intynet later on tonight and send these
massages.

Oiorpata

Sep 11, 2003, 4:02:15 PM9/11/03
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:03:08 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
<bric...@pottingshed.org> wrote:

>The message <6esolvclqfqja86t8...@4ax.com>
>from Oiorpata <oior...@hotmail.com> contains these words:
>> On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:17:16 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
>> <bric...@pottingshed.org> wrote:
>> >The message <MPG.19c29a034...@news.individual.net>
>> >from Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> contains these words:
>> >
>> >/snip of perverted kitchenry/

>> >I thumked RAustin were hard up?
>
>> But his family owns a multitude of goats, and goats are a favoured
>> currency when it comes to paying dowries.
>
>Ang on! There's summat wrong 'ere!
>
>Dowriz are paid by the bride's fambly in order to offload the bint onto
>another fambly innit.

Well, honestly, t'was obvious we were talking about brideprice, and
not dowries, don't be such a pendant.

Frank Erskine

Sep 11, 2003, 6:04:06 PM9/11/03
In article <ti51mv4i2tumi3oc8...@4ax.com>, Oiorpata
<oior...@hotmail.com> writes

>AAW I have come down wiv a rotten sore throat, snotty head and fever.
>I'm sure it must be that clod what has been creeping through the shed.
>I advise everyone to dip their puters in vinegar to kill the virus
>before it spreads any further.

I've dipped mine in formaldehyde, no less.

--
Frank Erskine
OETKBC

Thomas Rushton

Sep 11, 2003, 6:12:51 PM9/11/03
Rugrat <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom.invalid> wrote:

> Oiorpata wrote:
>
>> I've moved them all to an arj folder named "unread shed" and saved
>> them until they Kummin Handi.
>
> Wayhey! Archaeological replies to come.

Still got some unread stuff from 2000 to go through...

--
Thomas Rushton, Leeds, UK
If a deaf man farts in the bath, and there's no-one there to hear him,

MEow

Sep 12, 2003, 2:47:03 AM9/12/03
While frolicking around in uk.rec.sheds, Oiorpata of said:

>Fanks. Good to hear your own move went well too, apart from being
>robbed by Telia.

Yeah, they're not sorry about it, either.

>I am a bit miffed today, on account of finding the perfect house
>yesterday, and my sister looking the post code up on Upmystreet and
>convincing James that it'd be a bad investment. While he was wittering
>on about not wanting to ohl something that'd have no resale value some
>other rotters snuck round and put in an offer. Me lovely house and
>gardin, nicked right out from under me sweaty hands! They were only
>asking 40 thou for it too, so I would have been delightfully well orf
>on me little pension.

Damn! I hope summat equally suitable will show up again sometime.

>AAW I have come down wiv a rotten sore throat, snotty head and fever.
>I'm sure it must be that clod what has been creeping through the shed.
>I advise everyone to dip their puters in vinegar to kill the virus
>before it spreads any further.

I've gotten the cold now TAAW. I don't have any jbex cynaarq for
today, so I'll stay home, make tomato soup, drink orange juice and
generally be very nice to myself. If they call from jbex to ask if I
can jbex today, I'll say that I'm ill which is true. I'll have to go
fubccvat for orange juice, but I *arrq* orange juice.

>Now I'm gwaning back to bed, for the 3rd or 4th time today. Hope I
>remember to log on to the intynet later on tonight and send these
>massages.

Seems that you did. I'll just sit here with my tea most of the day, I
imagine.

--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN

"They can have my biases when they can pry them from my cold, dead, brain."
Martin Crisp (a.a.)

It is loading more messages.