Re: Why Is Chapman *So* Despised?

Message has been deleted

mileburner

Apr 22, 2009, 2:41:27 PM4/22/09

"Nuxx Bar" <derderd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:09532da1-63a8-4ba1...@g19g2000yql.googlegroups.com...
> It was commented the other day

[big snip]

He ain't.

Get a life mate! I couldn't be bothered reading past the first paragraph.

--
Motorist Hater Mileburner :-)

Brimstone

Apr 22, 2009, 3:02:04 PM4/22/09
Nuxx Bar wrote:

> So...why is Chapman so despised?

He's not, except by tossers like you.

Judith Smith

Apr 22, 2009, 6:42:40 PM4/22/09
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:31:33 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar
<derderd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>So...why is Chapman so despised?

I think it is because he is:

arrogant
a bully
despicable ( a truism? :-)
a liar
will lie and never admit to doing so when caught
a nym shifter
deceitful
pretends to be a Christian
he loves Guy Chapman
will never enter a serious debate with anyone
will never apologise when proven to be wrong
has a serious personality defect (perhaps more than one)

and many, many more reasons too numerous to mention.

I think that infandous says it all

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

Peter Keller

Apr 22, 2009, 7:18:45 PM4/22/09

I didn't even get past the first three words of the subject!

Peter

--
The Kiwi is very aptly New Zealand's national emblem.
It is a bird which cannot fly.

Judith Smith

Apr 22, 2009, 7:30:22 PM4/22/09

I think you will find that he is.

Even Snipper Smith has him in his kill-file.

bod43

Apr 22, 2009, 8:05:17 PM4/22/09
On 23 Apr, 00:30, Judith Smith <judithsm...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:02:04 +0100, "Brimstone"
>
> <brimstone520-n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >Nuxx Bar wrote:
>
> >> So...why is Chapman so despised?
>
> >He's not, except by tossers like you.
>
> I think you will find that he is.

I think that you will find that you (Mr. Smith) are despised
and that Guy is not. I have seen exactly nothing of merit
in your (Mr. Smith's) messages and a great deal of merit
in Mr. Chapman's posts.

You are a despicable tosser. Please go away and
try to impose your will elsewhere. For sure it
will never be imposed on anyone here.

Brian Robertson

Apr 23, 2009, 4:11:53 AM4/23/09
Peter Keller wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:41:27 +0100, mileburner wrote:
>
>> "Nuxx Bar" <derderd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> It was commented the other day
>>
>> [big snip]
>>
>> He ain't.
>>
>> Get a life mate! I couldn't be bothered reading past the first
>> paragraph.
>>
>> --
>> Motorist Hater Mileburner :-)
>

> I didn't even get past the first three words of the subject!
>
> Peter

I didn't even see it. My killfile seems to be working.

RudiL

Apr 23, 2009, 5:00:02 AM4/23/09
On 22 Apr, 19:31, Nuxx Bar <derderderder...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> discussions with them.
>
> David Damerell, Doug, Glug and others are as anti-motorist as
> Chapman.  Yet, while I may make fun of them at times and comment on
> their idiocy and fuckwittedness (at least in Glug's case), I and
> others never attack and despise them in the same way as we do Chapman.
>
> Spindrift and others are, like Chapman, motorist-haters who "cleverly"
> deny that they're anti-motorist as part of their "masterplan".
> Spindrift has said and done some undeniably vile things.  Yet none of
> them attract anywhere near as much derision and hatred as Chapman.
>
> Like Chapman, others lie, deceive, twist the facts and try to evade
> their opponents' points in order to attempt to railroad through
> arguments which they know to be incorrect in order to support some
> hidden agenda.  Others are thoroughly obnoxious, arrogant and
> infuriating people who do their best to keep things on the boil.
> Others label as "trolls" anyone who disagrees with their stated
> position.  Others pretend to own discussion groups when they don't,
> attempt to censor their opponents through various means, and tell
> people off for replying to the "wrong" posters.  Others abuse their
> administrator status on Wikipedia and other sites.  Others are
> renowned trolls who are banned from every forum that they've ever set
> foot in.  Others accuse people of making abusive phone calls which
> never even happened.  A small number of others even advocate measures
> which they know to be killing people.
>
> Yet, the Internet over, Chapman comes out again and again as *the*
> person who is, hands down, the most detested wherever he goes.  Why is
> this?  Clearly (at least to everyone except him and his pathetic,
> salivating sycophants), it is as a result of his behaviour, rather
> than that of those who dislike him so much.  So what is it about
> Chapman's behaviour which pisses off *so* many Internet users in so
> many different places, if none of the above deficiencies are unique to
> him?  Is it because he's the only one who *all* those deficiencies
> apply to?  Is there something particularly offensive about his general
> manner?  What is it that makes so many people despise him so very
> much?  Why do we have so many forum and newsgroup threads and posts,
> web pages, complaints, emails, etc all on the topic of how much people
> hate this one individual and how they intend to make his life
> difficult as a result?
>
> If only he would start addressing some of these points, and making
> genuine efforts to improve his behaviour instead of pretending that it
> "must be everyone else's fault", he would find that he was no longer
> as widely hated.  But of course he won't; not only is he far too
> arrogant to admit, even to himself, that his conduct is anything but
> perfect, but he actually seems to enjoy his infamy.  I guess he knows
> it's the only way that he'll ever get the attention that he thinks he

Actually I don't despise Guy and find much if not most of what he says
entirely sensible and good advice for cyclists, unlike the posts of
many of the "pro-motorist" (i.e. anti anything that might make
motorists slow down) lobby who post here.

Rudi

PS I am also a motorist as well as a cyclist in that I do drive a car
when that is the most convenient thing to do

elyob

Apr 23, 2009, 6:13:16 AM4/23/09
On 22 Apr, 19:41, "mileburner" <milebur...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Nuxx Bar" <derderderder...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > It was commented the other day
>
> [big snip]
>
> He ain't.
>
> Get a life mate! I couldn't be bothered reading past the first paragraph.

Wow, I didn't make it past the subject line. But agreed, he's not by
me. I do hate the trolling on this news group though. However I do
find it incredible how much of their lives they waste doing it. It's
pretty much a full time job.

lardyninja

Apr 23, 2009, 6:35:04 AM4/23/09

elyob wrote, On 23/04/2009 11:13:
> Wow, I didn't make it past the subject line. But agreed, he's not by
> me. I do hate the trolling on this news group though. However I do
> find it incredible how much of their lives they waste doing it. It's
> pretty much a full time job.

Maybe the dole isn't enough to let them sit in the pub all day. Or maybe
they've been barred for shouting at the other customers.

LN

--

Never knowingly understood

Judith Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 6:59:45 AM4/23/09
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:05:17 -0700 (PDT), bod43 <Bo...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

Hello "bod43" - I see that you are new here - welcome aboard.

There are a few "house rules" which you need to be made aware of:

1) This is a moderated group - the Chief Moderator is Mr Guy Chapman.
2) He has delegated the moderation activity to any of the group of
people known as "the clique".
3) The sort of things we do not like here:
anything which can be construed as pro-motorist.
anything which can be construed as anti-cycling
anything which can be construed as promoting cycle helmets.

4) (For the avoidance of doubt "construed" - means "construed by the
clique")
5) If you do not obey the rules- then you will be classified as a
"troll".
6) If you ask difficult questions which the clique would rather not
(or cannot) answer they you can also be classified as a troll.
7)If you are classified as a troll - then you will be put on the
troll list and you will be emailed and told (note - not asked) NOT to
correspond with the trolls.

There you go - not too onerous - I hope you will get as much enjoyment
out of the group as I do.

Sorry "bod43" - missed off one of the rules:

8) You may name shift if you are a regular and want to say something
but remain anonymous.

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Message has been deleted

Ian Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 8:33:01 AM4/23/09
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:00:02 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 Apr, 19:31, Nuxx Bar <derderderder...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I don't despise Guy

Rudi, If you really must, I can't stop you wallowing in the crap if
you like that sort of thing (though I observe that most people don't),
but please don't repost it in its entirety.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

RudiL

Apr 23, 2009, 8:51:00 AM4/23/09
On 23 Apr, 13:33, Ian Smith <i...@astounding.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:00:02 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudilu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On 22 Apr, 19:31, Nuxx Bar <derderderder...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >  Actually I don't despise Guy
>
> Rudi, If you really must, I can't stop you wallowing in the crap if
> you like that sort of thing (though I observe that most people don't),
> but please don't repost it in its entirety.
>
> regards,   Ian SMith
> --
>   |\ /|      no .sig
>   |o o|
>   |/ \|

Sorry!

Sir Jeremy

Apr 23, 2009, 2:48:02 PM4/23/09
On 23 Apr, 13:33, Ian Smith <i...@astounding.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:00:02 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudilu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On 22 Apr, 19:31, Nuxx Bar <derderderder...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >  Actually I don't despise Guy
>
> Rudi, If you really must, I can't stop you wallowing in the crap if
> you like that sort of thing (though I observe that most people don't),
> but please don't repost it in its entirety.
>
> regards,   Ian SMith
> --
>   |\ /|      no .sig
>   |o o|
>   |/ \|

Are you the deputy moderator ?

Ian Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 3:34:24 PM4/23/09
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Sir Jeremy <pete...@virgin.net> wrote:
> On 23 Apr, 13:33, Ian Smith <i...@astounding.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Rudi, If you really must, I can't stop you wallowing in the crap
> > if you like that sort of thing (though I observe that most people
> > don't), but please don't repost it in its entirety.
>
> Are you the deputy moderator ?

Is English your first language? I ask because it seems you have
parsed my simple request as an instruction. That suggests your grasp
of English grammar may not be particularly thorough.

If I was a moderator, it would be within my role to either instruct a
change of behaviour or (in extremis) to take action obliging such a
change. As it is, I have confined myself to asking Rudi to modify his
behaviour. You could try it - if someone does something you don't
like, politely ask them not to do it. Obviously, it will be difficult
for you to frame such a request if you are not familiar with the
language, but in general, if you start a sentence (or clause) with
"please", it indicates that it is a request.

For example: "please pass me the jug of water" is a request that
someone pass to you a jug of water. It is not an instruction or an
order, that might be phrased as "pass me the jug of water". Note the
difference - which is only the addition of the word "please" at the
start.

Thus, while a moderator may be able to say "Don't repost that in its
entirety", that being an _instruction_, any person on the group can
make the _request_ "Please don't repost that in its entirety".

If the distinction is still not clear to you, I am afraid I probably
cannot help further - English _is_ my first language, and as such I do
not have readily to hand references that can explain this at such a
basic level.

Judith Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 6:08:59 PM4/23/09

Wicked - you could not make it up!!

There you go RudiL - what did I tell you - you really must obey the
rules.

I am sure Snipper Smith can tell us which rule number that one is -
it's not actually in my original version of the handbook.

Judith Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 6:10:25 PM4/23/09
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:51:00 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 23 Apr, 13:33, Ian Smith <i...@astounding.org.uk> wrote:

That's OK - please just do not do it again.

--

"something like 70% of motorists go through red lights."
Ian Smith

Judith Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 7:28:39 PM4/23/09

Please can you fuck off.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RudiL

Apr 24, 2009, 5:06:08 AM4/24/09
Just to say - I agree entirely the sentiments behind Ian Smith's
request. Hence my apology
for reposting as part of my reply the complete drivel that momentarily
tempted me into engaging with it.

And yes I do wish this group was moderated (even though in general I
would prefer
groups to be unmoderated) due to the really excessive trolling on this
one.

Rudi

Judith Smith

Apr 24, 2009, 5:18:51 AM4/24/09
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:06:08 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Just to say - I agree entirely the sentiments behind Ian Smith's

and how do you define "trolling" - does it include nym shifting?

--

"Primary position" is one such short-
hand term for riding away from the kerb (if necessary stopping cars

RudiL

RudiL

Apr 24, 2009, 5:47:50 AM4/24/09
On 24 Apr, 10:18, Judith Smith <judithsm...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:06:08 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudilu...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Just to say - I agree entirely the sentiments behind Ian Smith's
> >request. Hence my apology
> >for reposting as part of my reply the complete drivel that momentarily
> >tempted me into engaging with it.
>
> >And yes I do wish this group was moderated (even though in general I
> >would prefer
> >groups to be unmoderated) due to the really excessive trolling on this
> >one.
>
> >Rudi
>
> and how do you define "trolling" - does it include nym shifting?
>
> --

If you are trying to imply I am nym shifting you will find that I
*always* post under my own name, unlike some e.g. those with alias "_"

Just zis Guy, you know?

Apr 24, 2009, 7:05:36 AM4/24/09
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>If you are trying to imply I am nym shifting you will find that I

>*always* post under my own name, unlike some e.g. those with alias "_"

And indeed judith, who is constantly battling to have her strident
bullshit seen so nym shifts in order to evade killfiles. I suspect
that unlike her you also ride a bike sometimes?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Newsgroup may contain nuts.

RudiL

Apr 24, 2009, 7:25:31 AM4/24/09
On 24 Apr, 12:05, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <guy.chap...@spamcop.net>
wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudilu...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >If you are trying to imply I am nym shifting you will find that I
> >*always* post under my own name, unlike some e.g. those with alias "_"
>
> And indeed judith, who is constantly battling to have her strident
> bullshit seen so nym shifts in order to evade killfiles.  I suspect
> that unlike her you also ride a bike sometimes?

Indeed!

Rob Morley

Apr 24, 2009, 11:12:55 AM4/24/09
RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And yes I do wish this group was moderated (even though in general I
> would prefer
> groups to be unmoderated) due to the really excessive trolling on this
> one.

Just use a proper news server rather than Google Groups, then you can
use a proper news client and filter most of the dross.

Sir Jeremy

Apr 24, 2009, 11:56:00 AM4/24/09
On 23 Apr, 20:34, Ian Smith <i...@astounding.org.uk> wrote:

You're pompous enough to be a moderator

Judith Smith

Apr 24, 2009, 2:00:28 PM4/24/09
wrote:

>On 24 Apr, 10:18, Judith Smith <judithsm...@live.co.uk> wrote:

Just to be certain about this - are you saying that you have not
posted here under a different name in the last week?

Judith Smith

Apr 24, 2009, 2:04:44 PM4/24/09
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:05:36 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<guy.c...@spamcop.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>If you are trying to imply I am nym shifting you will find that I
>>*always* post under my own name, unlike some e.g. those with alias "_"
>
>And indeed judith, who is constantly battling to have her strident
>bullshit seen so nym shifts in order to evade killfiles. I suspect
>that unlike her you also ride a bike sometimes?
>
>Guy

Hello its the despicable Chapman - keeping things on the boil.

Deputy Chief Moderator Snipper Smith will not be best pleased.

When you say bullshit - I assume you mean that bit where I pointed out
that your proven Risk Compensation research involved asking as many as
five children what they thought about riding faster when wearing a
helmet.

Talking of nyms - I see your "friend" Badger has buggered off do you
keep in touch?

Judith Smith

Apr 24, 2009, 2:05:43 PM4/24/09
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 04:25:31 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 24 Apr, 12:05, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <guy.chap...@spamcop.net>

Having read you excellent advice on the Primary Position - have you
any more gems to contribute?

RudiL

Apr 24, 2009, 4:11:15 PM4/24/09
On 24 Apr, 19:00, Judith Smith <judithsm...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:47:50 -0700 (PDT), RudiL <rudilu...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>

> >On 24 Apr, 10:18, Judith Smith <judithsm...@live.co.uk> wrote:

> >> and how do you define "trolling" - does it include nym shifting?
>
> >> --
>
> >If you are trying to imply I am nym shifting you will find that I
> >*always* post under my own name, unlike some e.g. those with alias "_"
>
> Just to be certain about this  - are you saying that you have not
> posted here under a different name in the last week?

For what it is worth I have never ever posted to this or anywhere else
with anything other than my own name.

Rudi