<<<Weekly postcard Competitions 8th Oct - 18th Oct 2002>>>

Itson

Oct 7, 2002, 5:23:05 AM10/7/02
Welcome to issue #8 of the weekly postcard competition update!

The following comps are closing in the next 10 days (Tuesday 8th October -
Friday 18th October). I will always do the comps closing 10 days from the
coming
Tuesday.

Guide:
[13/08/02] - Closing Dates
__________
__________ - Separates Dates

+++++++++ - Separates comps from different sources

Apologies if I have missed any out. If you have any comments or suggestions
let me know

:: [Closing: 08/10/02] ::

From now Magazine:

Win a MOBO goody bag worth £2000 including:
£400 Motorola Phone
Dr Stemmer Tooth Whitening Treatment voucher worth £645
Timberland boots worth £110
APX Kodak camera worth £60
La Perla Lingerie worth £80
Missoni Scarf worth £150
Wale Adeyemi bikini worth £60
Schrager Aqua Spa vouchers worth £200
Also includes make up, hair care products, discount vouchers.

Q1: What do the letters MOBO stand for?
ans: Music Of Black Origin

Q2: Which artist has recieved 6 nominations?
ans: Ms Dynamite

Q3: Where are the awards being held?
ans: London Arena

ans and details on a pc to:

Now/MOBO competition,
King's Reach Tower
Stamford Street
London
SE1 9LS

or

UK phone: 0906 751 7621 (75p/min)
IRL phone: 1570 135 034 (it says 1.27/min)
calls cost approx 2 mins

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 x Maxcleavage Atlantis Diablo Pink Lingerie Sets.

See http://www.maxcleavage.com which also has a comp for a Tankini Set
worth
£42.99

n/a/bra size on pc to

Sun Woman/Maxcleavage Contest
Shaw PR
The Windsor Centre
Windsor Street
London
N1 8QG

C/D????

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

45 x Kiwi sports shoebag containing shoe cleaning range
20 x also get £50 voucher to spend at leading sports shoe shop

Send SAE to (Note not pc)
Bella/Kiwi Offer
PO Box 32074
London
NW1 7UD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 x TV/Combi with set of 9 videos
15 RU set of 9 videos
Best/Warner Home Video Offer
PO Box 123
Bushey
Herts WD2 3UW
Tel 0906 367 7508 (Ref BS39/02G1)
They now quote a Ref No for each giveaway which I would put on pc as well
Calls cost 60p per min, no longer than 2 min

33 x Garden sets (shears, gloves, apron, fork, weeder, vitamin tablets)
Best/Hofel's Offer
PO Box 123
Bushey
Herts WD2 3UW
0906 367 7509 (Ref BS39/02G2)

67 x Labelling machines
Best/Brother Offer
Address as above
0906 367 7510 (Ref BS39/02G3)

143 x Fire Safety Kits (Smoke alarms, Fireman Sam Video, worksheets)
Best/Fire Safety Offer
Address as above
0906 367 7511 (Ref BS39/02G5)

70 x Skin, body and mind boosters (Lumene Range, shower gel, moisturiser
etc)
Best/Lumene Offer
Address as above
0906 367 7512 (Ref BS39/02G4)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are from the Womans Own Diet special, I don't think they have been
posted, it they have ,nevermind.

Win a weeks cruise for two around the Mediterranean, worth £2000.
Priize must be taken between April and October 2003. Flights to Palma
included from one of 13 regional airports.

Question- What Med island do the cruises sail from?
Answer- Majorca

Island Cruises / Womans Own Diet Special Competition,
45 Holmead Road,
London,
SW6 2JE.
-----------------
The following are giveaways:

61 x Diet Fuel Plus sets, worth £16.50 (diet bars which are supposed to
speed up your metabolism, enabling you to burn more calories)

Womans Own / Diet Fuel Plus Giveaway,
GCI MC,
30-34 New Bridge Street,
London,
EC4V 6BJ.
--------------
10 x Moisturising Gift Sets from Astra, worth £100-
3 pots of moisturiser and a pretty silken robe in pale blue.

Womans Own / Astral Giveaway,
Attenborough Associates,
Waverley House,
7 - 12 Noel Street,
London,
W1F 8NN.
----------------
2 luxury midweek breaks at Springs Health Farm, in Leicestershire, worth
£1,150

Womans Own / Springs Health Farm Giveaway,
IPC Media,
Kings Reach Tower,
Stamford Street,
London,
SE1 9LS.
------------------
50 x E45 Shower Creams and showerproof Radio, worth £20.

Womans Own / Singing in the Shower Giveaway,
PO Box 193,
Nottingham,
NG3 2HA.
--------------------
50 x Pantene Pro-V smooth and sleek collections, worth £20. (Shampoo,
conditioner, 2 in 1 shampoo, smoothing creme, moisturising masque, gel,
mousse and hold spray)

Womans Own / Smooth & Sleek Giveaway,
IPC Media,
Kings Reach Tower,
Stamford Street,
London,
SE1 9LS.
------------------
79 x Multibionta de-stress packs, worth £12.67.( Washbag, The little book
of
Calm, wooden massage roller and a cooling eye mask)

Womans Own / Multibionta Giveaway,
Northern Mailing Services,
PO Box 1005,
Hull,
HU6 7XS.
------------------
225 x Revlon Dry skin relief firming body moisturisers, worth £4.49

Womans Own / Revlon Giveaway,
Unit 900,
Highgate Studio's,
73- 85 Highgate Road,
London,
NW5 1TL.
----------------------------
100 x Original Source Shower Gels sets, Worth £9.96.

Womans Own / Original Source Giveaway,
PO Box 250,
Gateshead,
NE11 0GB.
-----------------
535 x Tantowels, worth £2.45

Womans Own / Tantowels Giveaway,
Unit 6,
Priory Industrial Estate,
Priory Street,
Birkenhead,
Wirral,
Merseyside,
CH41 5DX.
-------------------------
100 x LA Fitness Day Passes, worth £10

Womans Own / L.A Fitness Giveaway,
Unit 9,
Clyde Works,
Clyde Road,
Wallington,
Surrey,
SM6 8PZ.
---------------------

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 x Year's Membership at a David Lloyd Leisure Fitness Club (worth £1,000)
50 x R/U Three Month's Supply of Efamol Evening Primrose Oil worth £17.98
Chat/Efamol Offer, 69 Oakfield Road, Clifton, BS8 2BB

55 x Avon Makeup and Nail Care Sets worth £36
Chat/Avon Offer, Nunn Mills Road, Northampton, NN1 5PA

25 x Sukiyaki Set worth £60 (Japanese meal set)
Chat/Kikkoman Sauce Offer, 8 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, BN6 9TY

38 x Addis and Jeyes Bathroom Cleaning Kit worth £40
Chat/Addis/Jeyes Offer, PO Box 365, Esher, KT10 9YE

13 x Kitchen Goody Set worth £110 (knife block, recipes and meat dish)
Chat/New Zealand Lamb Offer, 7-12 Noel Street, London, W1F 8NN

10 x Mind Pack worth £150 (flotation tank voucher, wellbeing back massage
at
Saks salons, cooling eye mask and goody bag)
Chat/Migraleve Offer, PO Box 6, Hampton, TW12 2HH

:: [Closing: 09/10/02] ::

Disney's Big Time
PO Box 114
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 9DG

Sorry, we cannot accept email entries!
Use one postcard for each comp you enter. Can go AIOE
Letters and heading now required on pc + answer+full name and address

1 x Gamecube + Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, Supercross World and Dave Mirra
1 x all the games
Q: What does BMX stand for
A: Bicycle Moto-Cross?
A:CONSOLE YOURSELF

3 x L'Espion Camera+Crazy Talk, It's Me and Effect 3D software
Q: The L'Espion Camera is the smallest digital camera in the world. True or
False
A: True
B: SNAP ONE UP

20 x Spider-Man board games
Q: What is Spider-Man's real name?
A: Peter Parker
C: IT MAKES SPIDEY SENSE

35 x Hardback copies of Double Fudge by Judy Blume
Q: How many other books has Judy Blume written about Fudge?
A: 4
D: FUDGING IT

3 x V-Tech Researcher Notebook
Q: Which purring pets like to sit in laps?
A: Cats
E: LAP IT UP

25 x set of MIB II books
Q: Does Will Smith play Agent Jay or Kay in the movie?
A: Agent Jay
F: OUT OF THIS WORLD

20 x Lilo and Stitch CD Soundtracks
Q: What was Elvis's recent No 1 single called?
A: A Little Less Conversation
G: STITCH UP

Just titles for following comps

10 x Monsters Inc DVD, furry bag and t-shirt
10 x Bag and t-shirt
Q: Who is Mike's girlfriend?
A: Celia??
MONSTERS STUFF

6 x Lego Spybotic sets worth £59.99
Q: Who is Gregorio Cortez's brother?
A: Juni Cortez
SPYBOTICS

1 x Year's scholarship to one of the UK's 250 Brazilian Soccer Schools
5 x Lego Championship Challenge II
Q: Which country won this year's World Cup
A: Brazil
BEND IT LIKE BRAZIL

1 x Trip to Disney Channel Kids Awards at the London Arena for 4 people
(including at least one adult) Hotel and Travel included
5 x Kids Awards goody bag
Q: Ben, Christian, Mark and Paul form which Band?
A: A1
PARTY TIME!

1 x PS2 + Donald Duck PK Game
1 x Gamecube + Donald Duck PK Game
10 x copy of the game
Q: What is the computer called that helps PK through the game?
A: Computer One
DONALD DUCK PK

1 x DVD Box Set of Friends Series 8
3 x DVD Box Set of Friends 5 and 6
Q: Which of the Friends played Dr Drake Ramoray in the show?
A: JOEY
FRIENDS

10 x Gareth Gates book + signed photo
Q: Which show made Gareth famous?
A: Pop Idol
GARETH COMP

30 x Krazy Kow Saves the World books
Q: What;s the name of the superhero in the book
A: Krazy Kow
KRAZY KOW

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All the comps go on a pc to:

<name of comp>
SFX Competitions
Future Publishing
30 Monmouth Street
Bath
BA1 2BW

No idea if they can go AIOE... I seem to remember someone won a month or
two ago but not sure if they entered AIOE or not.

Alternatively you can call the 60ppm number at the end of each one.

SPY KID CIMPO
Win one of four Joe 90 DVD digi-packs

What's Joe 90's real name
a. Joe Pantoliano
b. Joe Pasquale
c. Joe McClaine<<<<<<<<This One

I don't know for definite but I would have thought c was the most likely
answer here, anyone know?

Tiebreaker (all of these have to be completed in 15 words or less):
"I wish they'd made an episode where Joe 90 downloaded the brain patterns
of..."

Phone option: 09065 890820

THE X GENERATION

Win one of ten copies of Mutant X Volume One on DVD

Mutant X star Victoria Pratt also starred in which TV series?
a. Farscape
b. Cleopatra 2525<--- this one according ot imdb
c. Captain Zep, Space Detective

Tiebrekaer: "The mutant super-power I wish I had is..."

Phone: 09065 890821

DIVINE PRIZES
Win one of five copies of the Divine Divinity PC game

Which of the folowing is NOT a role playing game?
a. Dungeons and Dragons
b. Warhammer
c. A Bit of Hoovering and A Little Light Dusting
(Something tells me you won't need my help to answer this one, lol)

Tiebreaker: "Role-playing games are great because..."

Phone 09065 890 822

DANIEL JACKSON, R.I.P

Win one of five copies of the Stargate SG-1 Volume 25 DVD

What is Daniel Jackson's area of expertise
a. Archaeology<<<<<<This One
b. Anthropology
c. Entomology

No idea, sorry

Tiebreaker: "I will miss Daniel Jackson because..."

Phone: 09065 890 823

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win Good Food Show Tix
Somerfield magazine has 100 pairs of entrance tix for grabs, valid on
Thursday 28th November 2002. To enter send you details on a postcard to:

PO Box 1150,
Bristol,
BS99 2NE

There was no title for the PC so i suggest you make up your own.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

15 x Kettle and Toaster sets
FC/Muller Offer
King's Reach Tower
Stamford Street
London
SE1 9LS
Tel 0906 210 7980 (calls cost 25p per min and last 1 min)

12 x Mavena Skincare Sets
FC/Mavena
Freepost Mavena
Manchester
M22 5SB
Tel 0906 210 7982

30 x Philishave hair clippers
FC/Philishave Offer
King's Reach Tower
Stamford Street
London
SE1 9LS
Tel 0906 210 7983

3 x Science Museum Inventor's kits (build a camera, clock, for kids)
FC/Inventors Kits
Dept 09/31
39 Barnham Street
London
SE1 2UU
Tel 0906 210 7981

30 x AOL back to school goody bags (flask, pencil case, geometry set, bag,
CD)
FC/AOL Giveaway
80 Hammersmith Road
London
W14 8UD
Tel 0906 210 7978

10 x The Others Video
FC/The Others
PO Box 2172
London W1A 6YQ
Tel 0906 210 7912

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To enter, simply write your name and the name and address of your (or your
child's) school on a postcard and send it to Guardian Education, 119
Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3ER. Indicate clearly which of the prizes
you
are interested in (to enter for all, send separate cards).

All entries must arrive by October 9th.

The Freebies

Win a Our Town Playmate for your school. 5 sets to give away. Ages 9 - 11
years. Price £24.95

Win CD-roms for your school. 5 copies each of Soundstart Red and Orange
Level to give away. Age 4 - 7 years. Price £57.33.

Win books for your school. 5 copies each of A First Word Bank and A First
Thesaurus to give away. Age 7 - 10 years. Price £8.99.

Win books for your school. 15 copies of You Don't Know Me by David Klass to
give away. Ages 12 - 18 years. Price £5.99.

Win CD-roms for your school. 5 copies of Plants and Photosynthesis to
give away. Ages 11 - 16 years. Price £35.25

:: [Closing: 10/10/02] ::

Win £250 of Marks & Spencer vouchers.

Answer: Simon Cowell

Send your answer on a postcard with your name and address to:

NOW/M&S Crossword 40,
PO Box 502,
Leicester,
LE94 OAB

Or call:

UK: 0906 616 6061 (calls cost 60p per minute, and last approx 2 mins).

IRL: 1560 156025 (Calls cost 95c per minute and last approx 2 mins).

*7 August 2002 winner is Ms D Beddoes of Wakefield.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Prize-£50

Westwords
Sunday Independent
Burrington Way
Plymouth
Devon PL5 3LN
Tel- 0906 2104223 (enter pin no 001)

Answer- Broadwoodwidger

CD-10/10

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are 10 pairs of tickets to be won to for the Daily Mail Ski &
Snowboard Show at London Olympia (25 October-3 November).

Question: Whistler is in which country?
Ans. Canada

Send your answer and details to:
ELLE/Daily Mail Ski & Snowboard Show,
Equitable House,
Lyon Road,
Harrow,
HA1 2EW

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Now magazine:

One reader and a friend will win a holiday to Las Vegas worth over £2000
including return flights, airport transfers, 7 nights at the Stratosphere
Hotel and a buffet dinner, tickets to see American Superstars in the
broadway showroom, elevation tickets to America's tallest free-standing
observation tower, tickets to the Big Shot and high Roller rides. Both
adults must be over 21 and teh holiday must be taken between Jan and March
2003.

5 runners up get Indecent Proposal on DVD

Q: Which hollywood actor plays billionaire JohnGage in the film Indecent
Proposal?
ans: Robert Redford

ans and details on a pc to:

NOW/Indecent Proposal Competition
King's Reach Tower
Stamford Street
London
SE1 9LS

or
UK phone: 0906 616 6161 (60p/min)
IRL phone: 1560 156 062 (95c/min)
calls approx 2 mins

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win a weekend in Boston
You and a friend could be heading for a weekend in Boston just answer the
question
What is the name of Boston's Baseball Team?
Answer on a postcard clearly stating your name, job title and company
address:
Boston Competition, coast to coast, Freepost SEA12570, Twickenham, TW1 2BR

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Text: Can only be submitted on the day that the prize is featured.
Include the code, your name and address. Tel: 07740 595 999.

Postcard: Closing date for postcard entries only is 10.10.02. AIOE
accepted - as there are so many I usually submit using two or three
envelopes and have won more than one prize in a month this way.

J17
Endeavour House,
189 Shaftesbury Avenue,
London,
WC2H 8JG

A Walk to Remember goodies (pencil case, fluffy pen and t-shirt)
Date: 13.9.02
Text: TXT WALK

Smash Hits Let's Party CD
Date: 14.9.02
Text: TXT SMASH

Pair of UCI cinema tickets
Date: 15.9.02
Text: TXT UCI

Holy Poly t-shirt
Date: 16.9.02
Text: TXT HOLY

Eyeko glitter powder
Date: 17.9.02
Text: TXT GLITTER

Kisstory Ibiza Classics Rewind to the 90s CD
Date: 18.9.02
Text: TXT KISS

H&M make up goody bag
Date: 19.9.02
Text: TXT HM

Signed Hollyoaks book
Date: 20.9.02
Text: TXT HOLLY

Complete set of series 8 of Friends on DVD plus volumes five and six on DVD
for two runners up.
Date: 21.9.02
Text: TXT FRIEND

Spell in your Pocket book
Date: 22.9.02
Text: TXT SPELL

Perm and non-perm Color Ant hair colours (pyro-purple, hot pink, burnt
copper, fired red, carbon black and electric blue)
Date: 23.9.02
Text: TXT HAIR

Pair of tickets for Terror of the Towers Halloween Special at Alton Towers
between 19.10.02 to 3.11.02
Date: 24.9.02
Text: TXT ALTON

Organics goody bag (bag, conditioner, shaping foam and shampoo)
Date: 25.9.02
Text: TXT ORGANIC

Oral-B Brights plaque control power toothbrush
Date: 26.9.02
Text: TXT TOOTH

Disco Kandi CD
Date: 27.9.02
Text: TXT DISCO

Capri-Sun goodies (bag, mouse mat, pencil case, hat and Capri-Sun drink)
Date: 28.9.02
Text: TXT CAPRI

Just for the Record book by Geri Halliwell
Date: 29.9.02
Text: TXT GERI

T*Witches book
Date: 30.9.02
Text: TXT WITCH

Gareth Gates' book Right from the Start
Date: 1.10.02
Text: TXT GARETH

Songs to Make You Feel Good CD
Date: 2.10.02
Text: TXT GOOD

Royal Elastic Trainers (state size)
Date: 3.10.02
Text: TXT ROYAL

DVD player and A Midsummer Night's Dream
Date: 4.10.02
Text: TXT DREAM

Swimfan goody bag
Date: 5.10.02
Text: TXT SWIM

Clean & Clear pack (cleansing lotion, mask, facial wipes and daily wash)
Date: 6.10.02
Text: TXT CLEAN

Vagabond red trainers (state size)
Date: 7.10.02
Text: TXT VAGA

Mini Boss Highlighter pens
Date: 8.10.02
Text: TXT PEN

Cadbury's Jestives (case)
Date: 9.10.02
Text: TXT BISCUIT

Arkopharma Teensticks and Zoe Phayre-Mudge bag
Date: 10.10.02
Text: TXT BAG

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 pairs of free tickets to the Ski & snowboard show at Olympia 25 Oct -
3rd Nov.

Send the answer to the question - Whistler is in which country?
(sorry haven't had cahnce to check yet) with your 'details' on a pc to

Elle/Daily Mail Ski & Snowboard show
Equitable House
Lyon Road
harrow
HA1 2EW

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seven pairs of tickets to be won for each day of the Hastings Direct
National Tennis Championships from Tuesday Oct 22 - Friday Oct 25th.
at the Bolton arena in Lancs.
send the answer to Who won the men's Nationals event last year?
Answer: Lee Childs
on a pc with name & add to

Nationals comp
ace
9-11 North End Road
London
W14 8ST

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win a set of the great new kids' series Mac and Lauren, interactive
adventures each set around a Grand Prix circuit. the four books are signed
by Lisa Dennis, David Coulthard, Kimi Raikkonen and Alexander Wurz. As if
all that isn't enough, the winner will also receive a Mac and Lauren goodie
bag - as will five runners-up.
Just answer the following question:

Q. Where is the British Grand Prix held?
A. Silverstone

Entries on a postcard to:

Rebecca Caine,
Mac and Lauren Competition,
Simon & Schuster,
Africa House,
64 - 78 Kingsway
London
WC2B 9AH

Closing date 10 October 2002

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a regular comp now in the new style Sunday Express, S2 magazine.

(We've had five ng winners confirmed so far: Steve, coralreef, Brian,
Penny & Angela. Is Mr D Allen a sixth?)
5/25 so far.

Prize is cheque for £250.

You identify the celebrities, who all have their birthdays this week, and
taking one letter from each name, rearrange them to make a Star Celebrity
name.
This week: (6/8) who is 65 this week, no gender or nationality given.

The letters I've got are:
H S U D A J E C M I H R T S

Giving: JUDITH CHALMERS

Last week was SARAH LANCASHIRE and the winner was Mr D Allen, Manchester.

Send pc with ans, n/a & dtel to:

Stardate October 6
Sunday Express
Ludgate House
245 Blackfriars Road
London
SE1 9UX

They've included a phone option now!

Or call 0901 383 9400 (25p, BT landline) with ans, n/a & dtel.

cd 11.59pm Thursday 10 October (there will be a closed message on the
line
after)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win a HMV album of your choice (to be collected from HMV Plymouth)

Question- ........followed by Status Quo's return to form album ' Heavy
Traffic' which debuts at No 15.
Tell us the title of the first Quo single to be released from the album for
the chance to win the HMV album of your choice?

Clare Robinson,
HMV Competition,
Evening Herald Features Desk,
17 Brest Road,
Derriford Business Park,
Plymouth,
PL6 5AA

CD- 10/10
------------------------
Win Atomic Kitten 'So Far So Good' book.

Question- Tell us the title of an Atomic Kitten single not mentioned?
Answer- Whole Again

Clare Robinson,
Atomic Kitten Competition,
Evening Herald Features Desk,
17 Brest Road,
Derriford Business Park,
Plymouth,
PL6 5AA

Cd- 10/10

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Competition address for all pc entries, unless otherwise stated, is:

<Competition/Giveaway Name>
The Weekly News
PO Box 380
London NW1 1TZ

<October 5 Contest> pc or phone 09010 302223

2 x Tricity Bendix TB117FF Fridge/Freezers consisting of a 6.8 cu ft fridge
and a 3.7 cu ft freezer.

Answer: Milk

<Scorpion King Giveaway> pc only

10 x Scorpion King Videos

Answer: n/a

Quizword - pc (note different address) or phone 09010 303330

2 x Electronic Quizmasters

Answer: Hugh Grant

Quiz Word No 377
The Weekly News
185 Fleet Street
London EC4A 2HS

c/d 9 Oct for phone entries or 10 Oct for pcs

Phone Calls cost 25p

:: [Closing: 11/10/02] ::

Win Peter Sellers - The Movie Collection. Not clear if vhs or dvd.
"For Pete's Sake"
Answer: Stanley Kubrick

Win The Exorcist DVD Trilogy.
"That's The Spirit"
Answer: Jack Nitzsche

Win DVDs, Sinatra & Friends, and Sinatra: The First 40 Years.
"Nice And Easy"
Answer: Francis Albert Sinatra"

Win The Scorpion King on VHS.
"A Sting In The Tale"
Question: What is the Rock's real name? (As in World Wrestling
Entertainment)

Win complete set Ally McBeal DVDs.
Question: In which city is the series set?

Separate postcards

<name of comp>
What's On
28 Colmore Circus
Birmingham
B4 6AX

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5 double albums to be won.

Q: What is the name of the Australian pop star who recorded Love at First
Sight?
A: Kylie Minogue

Send answer by next Friday (11/10) to
Debbie Johnson
New Woman Comp
PO Box 48
Old Hall Street
Liverpool

Doesn't state pc, but usually does for Echo comps.

---------

3 pairs of tickets, worth £175 per pair, to see Italian Tenor Andrea
Bocelli in concert at the Manchester Evening News Arena on November
9th.

Q: With which pop artist did Bocelli get an Oscar for a song called
The Prayer?
A: No idea - any opera buffs able to help?

Send answers to:
Joe Riley
Liverpool Echo
PO Box 48
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L69 3EB
including a daytime telephone number.

No cd given, but I would suggest next Friday (11/10), and the Echo
usually states that entries should be sent on postcards (no indication
today!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Entries to:-

What's On
28 Colmore Circus
Birmingham
B4 6AX

Win Sinatra DVDs
Q What was Frank Sinatra's full name?
A Francis Albert Sinatra
Answers to Nice and Easy

Win Peter Sellers - The Movie Collection
Q Who directed Sellers' Oscar nominated performance in Dr Strangelove?
A Stanley Kubrick
Answers to For Pete's Sake

Win Exorcist DVD Trilogy
Q Who wrote the original Exorcist theme music?
A Mike Oldfield ?
Answers to That's The Spirit

Win Ally Mcbeal DVDs, Series 1,2 & 3
Q In which city is the series set?
A Boston (I think)
Answers to Ally Be Back

Win The Scorpion King on VHS
Q What is The Rock's real name?
A Dwayne Johnson
Answers to A Sting In The Tale.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

15 pairs tickets to British International Motor Show at Birmingham NEC from
23rd Oct to 3rd Nov

Answer following question

Q. Name the world record-breaking speedboat appearing at the British
International Motor Show

A. Sunseeker XS (from text)

Phone 0906 210 4304
quote pin number 003
Calls cost 25p per min. and last approx 1 min.
OR
Ans, n/a on pc to
British International Motor Show Competition
The Southern Daily Echo,
PO Box 543
Southampton,
SO16 9JX

cd 11th Oct. phone lines close 9.am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Southern Daily Echo and The Blue Reef Aquarium in Portsmouth have
teamed
up to offer one reader the chance to become a shark expert for the day. Six
runners up will each win a family ticket to the Blue Reef Aquarium.
The lucky winner will be able to join the Blue Reef team to become an
honorary Shark Expert for the day-joining in shark feeds and talks as well
as taking a behind the scenes look at the aquarium's displays
Answer the following question:

Q. How many different species of shark can be found at Blue Reef Aquarium
A. 10 (from the text)

phone 0906 210 4304
quote pin number 002
calls cost 25p per min. and last approx. 1 min.
OR
pc with ans n/a to

Blue Reef Shark Competition
The Southern Daily Echo
PO Box 543
Southampton
SO16 9ZQ
cd 11th Oct phone lines close 9am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kids Competitions - page 8

1) Prize - 20 Colin the cobra goodie bags Video, T-Shirt, and
stickers.

A: pink

n/a/answer to:

tvchoice/Yoga Competition
PO BOX 10303
West Kensington.
london.
W14 0GX

----------
Weekly Prizes - Page 63

1) Prize : 2 week hol to California for 2. (flydrive hol, driver must be
21+ with full licence) prize includes car hire, return
flights from London to LA and £250. Hol must be taken by 30/11/03

Ans: Sunny afternoon

answer on ef or telephone (see below)

--
2) Prize crossword £500/5 x £100

Ans: star trek voyager

answer on ef or telephone (see below)

--
3) DVD Comp - page 66
Prize - 5 x Black Hawk Goodie Bags - DVD of the film, Playstation Game,

A: Pearl Harbor

n/a/answer to:

tvchoice/Black Hawk Down Competition.
Jackie Cooper PR.
91 New Cavendish Street,
London
W1W 6XE.

--

1 and 2 go on ef in mag and send to:-
TV Choice Competitions no 40

or

tel: 0900 2222 366
fax: 0900 2222 166
Calls cost 50p per min and last no longer than 60 secs.
faxes are charged at 50p per page

No em option this month PC or magazine entry form
n/a/email
Comp Title
Pro Sports Promotions Ltd
Unit 12
Anniesland Village
Netherton Road
Glasgow
G13 1AS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No em option this month PC or magazine entry form
n/a/email
Comp Title
Pro Sports Promotions Ltd
Unit 12
Anniesland Village
Netherton Road
Glasgow
G13 1AS

BEN SAYERS COMPETITION (again this is the way it is written) cd 11/10

8 Ben Sayour M2i Saviour recovery woods
From what lie would you use a M2i Saviour from?
Any lie

No title cd 11/10
Four free four balls over the new Devlin Course at St. Andrews
Name the two courses at St Andrews Bay
Torrance Course, Devlin Course

OLYO COMPETITION 11/10
A set of OLYO 2305 series irons and 3 woods, 10 runner up prizes of
Speciality Wedges
What Grips are a standard fit with OLYO golf Clubs?
Golf Pride New Decade Grips
What shaft is fitted as standard in the OLYO 2305 series woods?
UST Graphite Shafts

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Entries on p/c (seperate - envelopes will be binned) to:

< Comp Title >
FREEPOST (SWB 1446)
Patchway
Bristol
BS32 0ZZ

Alternatively, these *might* be on the bizarre website before long:

http://www.bizarremag.com/competitions/default.htm

Or, you can enter by phone to the numbers given. Calls cost 60p/min and
last
approximately one minute.

Closing dates for all: October 11

----

< Bizarre 64 Van Wilder Comp >

Prize: One winner gets a private screening of Van Wilder: Party Liaison for
50 people. (The location is subject to availability - if your local cinema
doesn't like the look of you, the party'll go further afield.) Ten
runners-up get Van Wilder goodies - shot glasses, t-shirts, pheromone wipes
and stay-over toothbrush kits.

QUES: What did Van Halen implore us to do?

a) stomp
b) jump <<-- Thissun
c) felch

Phone entry: 0901 565 5523

----

< Bizarre 64 Inline Comp>

Prize: Six winners get a copy of Aggressive Inline for the pS2, and an
exclusive t-shirt.

QUES: A skate is a kind of what?

a) fish <<-- Thissun
b) tree
c) cheese

Phone: 0901 565 5524

----

< Bizarre 64 League Comp >

Prize: Twenty winners get the League Of Gentlemen Christmas Special in a
limited edition 'local shop' tin (state your choice of DVD or VHS) and a
Papa Lazarou mask.

QUES: Which character is obssessed with pens?

a) Hilary Briss
b) Tubbs
c) Pauline <<-- Thissun

Phone: 0901 565 5525

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

from a Warburtons mailing shot

10 pairs of tickets for Friday 29th Nov at the NEC Birmingham worth £27 per
pair

send your details plus a phone number on plain paper to:
Warburtons Good Food Tickets,
Mayesbrook House,
Redvers Close,
Leeds.
LS16 6QY

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Prize GBP1000 (5 x r/u GBP25)

Answer - HOLLYOAKS

Womans Own
Prize Crossword
7 Oct Issue
P O Box 502
Leicester
LE94 0AB by 11/10/02

or

phone 0906 616 5119 by 14/10 (60p per min)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One winner gets all the prizes listed.

Name, address and Tel on a PC to:

We Can't Get Through The Week Without
WEEKEND
Daily Mail
PO Box 111
Chatham
Kent
ME4 4LS

OR

Phone 0901 4747309 (60ppm)

Prizes:
Fujifilm Zoom date 1300 camera £200
Dr Fix It kit £49
2 tickets to Toploader tour £35
Heart rate monitor £70
A beautiful mind DVD or video £16
Two return flights to Amsterdam, £100 spends, one nights accommodation £600
The Traveller's Box £8
MAC goody bag £24
Cooking for cats book £8
Cat collar £25
Velvet dragon £20
Be Somebody body lotion £16

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For the following giveaways, name, age & address on the back of a postcard
or sealed envelope (can all go in one envelope) to:

<GIVEAWAY NAME> (not shouting - uppercase is as printed)
The Great Giveaway
Sunday Mercury
PO Box 7120
Birmingham B4 6HS by Friday 11 October

You don't have to live near Birmingham to enter. If you do not wish to
receive further information from prize sponsors please put a tick next to
your entry.

Have also included phone nos (cost less than 25p)

<SAY ANYTHING> 5 x DVDs 0901 380 1835

<PUSHING TIN> 5 x DVDs 0901 380 1836

<AIRHEADS> 5 x DVDs 0901 380 1837

<EXORCIST> 5 x DVD Trilogy sets 0901 380 1840

<DIVE 2002> 10 pairs of tix to the Dive Show at the NEC 12 - 13 Oct 0901
380
1839

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Sunday Post (kids only) 5 winners will get a copy of the book
Utterly Me, Clarice Bean worth £8-99. Send name and address to Clarice
Giveawy, Stuff!, The Sunday Post, PO Box 122, Dundee, DD1 9UE by
11/10/2002.

------------

To win a bottle of antiquary whisky: "Fruit played an unusual part in
Ian mcKechnie's playing career. So how many senior players, past or
present can you name who have a fruit related surname? We'll give you
a couple of former Hearts players to get you started - Paul Cherry and
Neil Berry. Use them as your first two, then the rest is up to you.
But remember to name both the player and the club. The person with the
most verified players with fruit-related surnames will win."

Think a conserted pulling together of newsgroup heads and minds is
needed this week!

Answers to: Antiquary Competition, The Sunday Post Sports Desk, 144
Port Dundas Road, Glasgow, G4 0HZ by 11/10/2002. You must be over 18
to enter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Romeo, where art thou?
2 x long weekend for two to Verona, comprising flights, accommodation and
opera tickets. The prize is 3 nights accommodation if travel commences on
a Wednesday, 4 nights if you travel Saturday, at the Hotel Capuletti with
breakfast. Return charter flights and transfers are included but not
insurance or excursions. The tickets to the opera will be based on
unnumbered seats. The prize must be taken between June 21 and August 31
2003.
100 x copy of book 'Calling Romeo' by Alexandra Potter.
Phone 0906 952 0030 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

Technicolour glory
State-of-the-art Olympus IS-5000 QD digital camera with 5x zoom lens, a
year's supply of colour film and a set of 'The British Empire In Colour'
videos.
9 x set of videos.
Phone 0906 952 0031 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

Scottish splendour
Weekend for two in the four-star Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club
in Scotland. You'll be in a dream after breakfast when you hit one of the
two world-class golf courses.
10 x copy of '51st State' on DVD.
Phone 0906 952 0032 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

A real feast
Two-night break for two to Naples, worth £1,200. The prize includes
flights from Gatwick and four-star hotel accommodation, plus a copy of the
film 'Dinner Rush'. Prize must be taken by March 31 2003, excluding Bank
Holidays.
Phone 0906 952 0033 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

(Phone calls cost **75p** pm and last 1½ min max)
Send pc (I recommend NOT AIOE but AOOP works) specifying competition(s) to:
Saturday Express Offers (5.10.02)
PO Box 9521
Sutton Coldfield
B76 1PN

:: [Closing: 12/10/02] ::

answer, name and address to:
<title of comp>
The Dandy
PO Box 305
London
NW1 1TX

<Acclaim Comp>
3 x Aggressive Inline game for playstation2
"who is the world #1 street skater?"
A) Taig Khris
B) Blinky
C) Jaren Grob<<<<<this one

<KFC Fox Comp>
5 x sets of four kids meals vouchers for KFC
"tell us the name of favourite Dandy character"

<Rallye Mountain Comp>
10 x Micro MachinesRallye Mountain playset
"what does 3D stand for?"
A) 3 dishes
B) 3 dogs
C) 3 dimensional<<<<this one

<Clue-Doh! Comp>
10 x Simpson cluedo game
"who discovers Mr. Burns is dead?"
A) Bart Simpson
B) Krusty the Clown
C) Chief Wiggum<<<<this one

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chateau celebration
6 x Celebration weekend for two at the luxurious Chateau Hotel Mont Royal
in the Chantilly Forest, just north of Paris. It has extensive sports
facilities. The prize includes breakfast and dinner each day, travel to
Paris from one of seven UK airports and £150 spending money per prize,
worth £700. Prize are subject to availability and are valid for six months.
5 x year's supply of Perrier 50cl PET bottles.
Phone 0906 952 0001 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

Fang-tastic fun
24 x Family pass to Chessington's Halloween Hocus Pocus from 19 Oct to 3
Nov, worth £63.
Phone 0906 952 0002 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

Grown-up gaming
PS2 console, copy of Myst III: Exile and a limited edition pen, worth £250.
24 x copy of game and pen, worth £50.
Phone 0906 952 0003 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

Master of the arts
2 x trip to Amsterdam for two. The prize includes return flights, a tour
of Rijksmuseum, one night's hotel accommodation and £250 spending money,
worth £750 in all. The prize must be taken by the last weekend in
November. Winners must pay all applicable taxes and service charges.
Phone 0906 952 0004 with n/a & dtel or send pc to address below:

(Phone calls cost **75p** pm and last 1½ min max)
Send pc (I recommend NOT AIOE but AOOP works) specifying competition(s) to:
Sunday Express Offers (6.10.02)
PO Box 6007
Sutton Coldfield
B76 1BR

cd Saturday 12 October.

allow 28 days to arrive.

:: [Closing: 13/10/02] ::

This is a Glamour Mag and Diet Coke giveaway.
First prizeis a voucher worth £3000 to spend at any Theo Fennell jewellery
stockist and you will even get the chance tocommision your own piece.Two
runners up recieve vouchers worth £1000.
Phone 0901 601 4042 no ppm given
with the answer Silver give your name,address, tel number or send a pc to
Glamour/Diet Coke Jewellery Comp
PO Box 104
Colchester
CO2 8GG with answer Silver, name, address, dtpn, and email addy

:: [Closing: 14/10/02] ::

Win a holiday in South Africa

The prize is two places on the Cox & Kings 10-day Taste of South Africa
tour, which "takes in some of the country's most famous sights including
Cape Peninsula, the vineyards surrounding the town of Stellenbosch and the
picturesque Garden Route".

Q: What is the name of South Africa's most famous vineyard town?
(I presume the answer is Stellenbosch from the above text describing the
tour)

Send the ans, n/a and Tesco Clubcard number on a pc to:

TRM South Africa Prize Draw
Just Julia
Unit 30/31
Hertford Industrial Estate
Caxton Hill
Hertford
SG13 7ZG

The holiday must be taken by 31/12/03.

Win Lonely Planet Guides

There are ten sets of guides to be won - 'Cape Town', 'South Africa,
Lesotho
& Swaziland' and 'Watching Wildlife, Southern Africa'

Send your n/a and Tesco Clubcard number on a pc to:

TRM African Book Offer
Just Julia
Unit 30/31
Hertford Industrial Estate
Caxton Hill
Hertford
SG13 7ZG

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win a family break to Disneyland Resort Paris to be taken between Nov2002
and
Nov2003
Two adults and two children will receive three nights accommodation
plus four days unlimited access to DisneylandPark plus the new Walt
Disney Studios Park. Travel by Eurostar.
Nine runners up will receive DVD copies of Mickey's House of Mouse
Villains.

Name & Address on a poscard to:
Womans Own/DRP Giveaway
Pims House
P O Box 12555
Mildmay Avenue
London
N1 4DT by 14/10

or visit www.disneylandparis.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Sunshine Of Your Smile by Joan Jonker

n/a on pc to
Promotions(Sunshine Of Your Smile)
Southern Daily Echo
PO Box 543
Southampton
SO16 9ZQ
cd 14th Oct

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3 x Roots DVD, containing 6 episodes.

Answer- Roots

Warner Home Video Competition,
Promotions Department,
Sunday Independent
Burrington Way
Plymouth
Devon PL5 3LN

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<Mickey's House of Villains>
10 x copy of 'Disney's Mickey's House of Villains' on DVD and 10 x VHS.
Q: Who do you think is the biggest Disney Villain of all time?
A: ??

<Candy Floss competition>
10 x Table Top Candy Floss Machine.
Q: What is candy floss called in the USA?
A: Cotton candy (from text).

Send ans & name, age & address on SEPARATE pcs to:

< >
Sunday Express Kids
Ludgate House
245 Blackfriars Road
London
SE1 9UX

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Win a Green's goody bag worth £500 containing a Dennis the Menace Chocolate
flavour cake kit, other Green's cake mixes, a Playstation 2 with games,
microscooter and stunt kite! 10 runners up get a £50 goody bag.

"what is the name of Dennis the Menace's dog?"
1) Fido
2) Gnasher<<<<this one
3) Spot

answer, name and address on a postcard to:
Green's mixes Competition,
the Beano,
PO Box 305,
London,
NW1 1TX

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win £100 of Tchae Vouchers (Green tea) for Neals' Yard Remedies.

Either: Phone 0901 383 4061 OR

name n address on a postcard to:

Tchae/Marie Claire <<<<<<<<<---------note the e in Tchae has a thingy
over
it
PO BOX 21
Darwen
BB3 1GH

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

9 day holiday for two people including dinner bed and breakfast and
free excursions.

1. What is the oldest quarter of Barcelona called

a Barri Gaudi
b. Barri Gotic this one from text
c. The Boqueria

2. What is the name of Barcelonas most famous street
a. La Rumba
b. La Sardena
c. La Rambla this one from text.

either tel 0906 586 2360 (60p per minute & last no more than 2 mins)
or send answer on postcard with name address and e mail to
You in Mind/Catalonia Comp
PO Box 198
Westbury on Trym
Bristol
Bs9 2YP

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

answer, name and address to;-
<name of comp>
the Dandy
PO Box 305
London
NW1 1TX

<Pino comp>
2 x pino, and runner ups x 5 of pino too (smaller)
"from which country does pino originate?"
A) scotland
B) japan<<<<this one
C) australia

<power-extreme comp>
13 x action man extreme toys
"where does molten lava come from?"
A) erupting volcanoes<<<<this one
B) the Pacific ocean
C) the Sahara desert

<zoocube comp>
5 x GBA zoocube game
"who is the Dandy's brand new star elephant?"
A) Jumbo of the jungle<<<<this one
B) Bumble of the bungle
C) Custard of the crumble

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

30 x Bear from the Blue Foot Bear Company worth £25 (over 50 to choose
from)
that's life!/Teddy Freebie, PO Box 616m Middlesex, HA1 3JJ

100 x No! CD worth £12.99
that's life!/No! Freebie, PO Box 521, Harrow, HA1 4FF

100 x Gengigel Set worth £15
that's life!/Gengigel Freebie, Unit 11, Harvard Industrial Estate,
Kimbolton, PE28 0NJ

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

15 x Double bed sets of lovely Lulu bed linen, (comprising duvet cover and
2
pillowcases)

Send n/a on pc to

Bella/Bedeck
PO Box 32074
London NW1 7UD

Bed and headboard (double bed)
4 x headboards

Bella/Freemans
Address as above

26 x single spundown washable duvets

Bella/Spundown
As above

17 x Classic Pillows worth £59.95
Bella/Tempurr (last r has a circle round it)
PO Box 4030
Worthing
BN11 1RZ

1 x Silentnight double bed and headboard, pillows, duvet
15 x double duvet and 2 pillows

Bella/Silentnight
PO Box 32074
London NW1 7UD

50 x Cherokee Afghan style childrens coats (4-12 years) (Girls style)
send n/a and child's size to
Cherokee/Bella Giveaway
PO Box 32074
London
NW1 7UD
CD is 14 Oct

:: [Closing: 15/10/02] ::

Not sure if these have been posted before - but twice won't hurt!

I picked up the magazine (Bookmark Magazine), in my local Hammicks and it
is the Autumn 2002 issue

______________________

Earthlight will publish 34 books this year, and Books Magazine is giving
you the chance to win every one of them. That's over £300 worth of top
quality reading.

Just answer this simple question.

Simon & Schuster's science fiction and fantasy imprint shares its name with
what 1955 novel by Sir Arthur C Clarke?

Send your answers on a postcard to:

Books Science Fiction Competition
PO Box 39
London
W1P 1HQ

to arrive no later than 15 October 2002

____________________________

Books has three signed copies of Fauna Britannica to give away. Simply
answer the following question:

Q: What is "Skate bree"?
A: The liquor in which skate has been boiled (from text)

Entries on a postcard , please, to:

Britannica Competition
Books Magazine,
PO Box 39
London
W1P 1HQ

to arrive no later than 15 October 2002

____________________________

Win one of five copies of The Shining Ones! Simply answer the question:

Q. What is the Radikal webite address?
A. www.radikalbooks.com

Entires [sic] on a postcard, please, to:

Radikal Phase Publishing House
Willow Court
Cordy Lane
Underwood
Nott
NG16 5FD

to arrive no later than 15 October

____________________________

Win a signed copy of Dead Air

Books has six signed copies to give away to the first six readers to
correctly answer the question:

Q. What was the title of IainBanks' debut novel?
A. The Wasp Factory???? (can anyone confirm)

Answers on a postcard, please, to:

Banks Competition
Books Magazine,
PO Box 39
London
W1P 1HQ

Closing date: 15 October 2002

____________________________

And there's another 10 chances to win a copy of the best-selling Passing
Time in the Loo: Just answer the following:

Q. What is the name of the Englishman sometimes credited with the invention
of the flushing toilet?
A. Thomas Crapper ??? Again can anyone confirm?

Answers on a postcard to:

Passing Time Competition
Books
PO Box 39
London
W1P 1HQ

to arrive no later than 15 October 2002
____________________________

Win Book Tokens to the value of £60, £40, £20. Simply answer the following
question:

Q. April 23 Marks the birthday of which celebrated English playwright?
A.

Answers on a postcard to:

Book Tokens Competition
PO Box 39
London
W1P 1HQ

to arrive no later than 15 October 2002

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

22 x Pamper Kits worth £90 (Wilko facial and bath products)
Chat/Wilko Pamper Offer, JK House, PO Box 20, Roebuck Way, Manton Wood,
Worksop, S80 3YY

10 x Cutlery Sets worth £200 (44pc)
Chat/Oneida Offer, PO Box 11960, London, NW2 1WG

150 x Radiator Paints worth £10
Chat/Radiator Enamel Offer, PO Box 204, Bristol, BS99 3WY

1 x Dreams 5ft King Size Liberty two drawer divan with Hampstead headboard,
a Fiji 3 seater sofa futon, and a pine Boston Sleepstation worth £1,506 in
total
Chat/Dreams Offer, Knaves Beech, High Wycombe, HP10 9QY

65 x Jackie Collins Novels worth £23
Chat/Jackie Collins Offer, Simon & Schuster, Africa House, 64-78 Kingsway,
London, WC2B 6AH

17 x 8 Land Before Time VHS Set worth £90
Chat/Land Before Time Offer, PO Box 14, London, SE16 2DF

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Sunday Post Magazine. 10 winners for a Halloween fun and food
book worth £4-99.
Name and address to Hallowe'en, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box 962,
Glasgow G9 6SP. Or call 09010 304050 and when prompted key in 4439,
calls should cost no more than 25pence. C/D 15/10/2002.

------------

From the Sunday Post Magazine. 1 winner for a two night/two guest B&B
stay in a three star hotel in Edinburgh plus tickets to see Miss
Saigon.
Name and address to Theatre Break Giveaway, The Sunday Post Magazine,
PO Box 962, Glasgow G9 6SP. Or call 09010 304050 and when prompted key
in 4433, calls should cost no more than 25pence. C/D 15/10/2002.

--------------

From the Sunday Post Magazine. 1 winner for a four night/two guest B&B
stay in a three star hotel in Sutherland
Name and address to West Coast break, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box
962, Glasgow G9 6SP. Or call 09010 304050 and when prompted key in
4432, calls should cost no more than 25pence. C/D 15/10/2002.

--------------

From the Sunday Post Magazine. 1 winner for a two night/two guest B&B
stay in a three star hotel in Lossiemouth
Name and address to City and Seaside break Giveaway, The Sunday Post
Magazine, PO Box 962, Glasgow G9 6SP. Or call 09010 304050 and when
prompted key in 4431, calls should cost no more than 25pence. C/D
15/10/2002.

--------------

From the Sunday Post Magazine. 10 winners for a copy of Rick Stein's
latest book food heroes worth £20.
Name and address to Rick Stein Giveaway, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO
Box 962, Glasgow G9 6SP. Or call 09010 304050 and when prompted key in
4440, calls should cost no moe than 25pence. C/D 15/10/2002.

-------------

From the Sunday Post magazine. To win a family holiday (2 adults 2
kids) bed breakfast and dinner at the four star Best Western Links
hotel, Montrose with £250 spending money. Name and address to Montrose
break, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box 962, Glasgow, G9 6SP. Or call
09010 30 40 50 and key in 4435 when prompted. Calls cost 25pence.

-------------

From the Sunday Post magazine. To win a family holiday (2 adults 2
kids) bed breakfast and dinner at the four start Western Isles hotel,
Tobermony with £250 spending money and ferry crossings. Name and
address to Mull break, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box 962, Glasgow,
G9 6SP. Or call 09010 30 40 50 and key in 4434 when prompted. Calls
cost 25pence.

------------

from the Sunday Post magazine to win a 21st century Beauty bible book
worth £25, six winners. Send your name and address to Beauty Bible
Giveaway, The Sunday Post Magazine, Po Box 962, Glasgow, G9 6SP or
call 09010 30 40 50 and key in 4436 when prompted. Calls should cost
no more than 25pence. C/d 15/10/02.

-------------

Care for you hair with Calming Shampoo and Hydrating conditioner and
Corrective Hair Serum, then finish your look with new Perfectly Calm
Styling Pomade all worth about £15 but no use to follicly challenged
people like me.
Send name and address to Zero Frizz Giveaway, The Sunday Post
Giveaway, The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box 962, Glasgow, G9 6SP or
call 09010 30 40 50 and when prompted key in 4437. Calls cost no more
than 25pence. Closing date 15/10/2002 and there are 10 prizes.

-------------

From the Sunday Post magazine to win £500 from the Dorothy Perkins
autumn/winter collection. Send name and address to: Dorothy Perkins,
The Sunday Post Magazine, PO Box 962, Glasgow, G9 6SP by 15/10/2002 or
telephone 0910 304050 and when prompted key in 4441. Calls should cost
no more than 25pence.If anyone wins can they spare £10 from this prize
to buy me a thermal vest as it's starting to get chilly up here!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Only one entry per household, entrants must be over 50 Closing date 15th
October 2002

Name, address (including postcode) date of birth on a postcard only to

Active Life
Competition name
(Code)
PO Box 57
Coates
Peterborough
PE7 2FF

Aix-les-Bains Competition
(AL/SEP02/CMP/16)

Holiday for 2 to the Savoie region of France.
Seven nights half board for two adults.

Q. Name the famous impressionist museum in Aix-les-Bains?
A. Docteur Faure (from text)

Powabyke Competition
(AL/SEP02/CMP/17)

Easy to ride electric bicycle.

Q. What is the top speed of a Powabyke?
A. 15mph (from text)

.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Only one entry per household, entrants must be over 50

Name, address (including postcode) date of birth on a postcard only to

Active Life
Offer Name.
(Code)
PO Box 57
Coates
Peterborough
PE7 2FF

10 Copies of Winning Lines - The Quiz - worth £5.99
Winning Lines Book Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/3)

Five copies of The Green Holiday Guide Great Britain and Ireland 2002/3
costs £9.95
Green Guide Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/WP)

10 free copies of the companion to food & drink in France worth 5.95
Food & Drink in France book offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/4)

10 Copies of Vanished Civilizations (Readers Digest) worth £26.99
Civilizations Book Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/9)

3 each of signed DVD copies of the first series of Widows and unsigned
copies of the second series.
Widows DVD Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/10)

Six copies of Campion starring Peter Davison on double video worth £19.99
Campion Video Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/11)

3 DVD box sets of Van Der Valk worth "????
Van Der Valk DVD Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/12)

10 Copies of the video The Way it Was 1940s & 1950s worth £9.99
Coronation Years Video
(AL/SEP02/OF/13)

6 Copies of The Essential Andy Williams on double cd worth £15.99
Andy Williams CD Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/14)

5 Copies of the cd of the show Umoja showing at the New London Theatre
Drury Lane.
Umoja CD Offer
(AL/SEP02/OF/15)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ER: No purchase necessary. 18 or over
Prize: pair of tickets to Manic Street Preachers private gig, signed guitar
Freepost. No limit on entries obvious, but I may have missed it.
Can enter on PP:
Sainsbury's/Carling Homecoming,
Freepost,
PO Box 5050,
Amnesley,
Nottingham,
NG15 0DJ

:: [Closing: 16/10/02] ::

Postcards (AIOE) to;

Its Hot! (name of comp/giveaway)
PO Box 114
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 9DG.

Telephone option for some of them (call cost no more than 30p).

ITS HOT ! TWIX COMP
Prize- A years supply of Twix.
No question

ITS HOT ! GARETHS BATHTIME BITS COMP
Prize- Everything in Gareth Gates bathroom cabinet- Shaving Foam, Shampoo,
Aftershave, Moisturizer, shave cream, Deodorant, Styler, Toothpaste, Face
Wash and a rubber duck.
Question- Tell us the name of Gareths fave aftershave?
Answer- Jean-Paul Gaultier Aftershave Lotion

ITS HOT ! SATURDAY SHOW LIVE COMP
Prize- One winner will get a pair of tickets to go to the studio and see
The
Saturday Show live (you must be between 12 and 17).
Question- Whats the name of The Saturday Show's resident band?
Answer- No idea
Tel- 0900 1717 087

ITS HOT ! DIGITAL DREAM CAMERA COMP
Prize- 4 x Digital Dream L'Espion Camera plus copies of Crazy Talk, Its Me
and Effect3D.
Question- What does CD stand for?
Answer- Compact Disc
Tel- 0900 1717 089

ITS HOT ! WESTLIFE STUFF COMP
Prize- Limited edition Westlife Fan-O-Mania PC game, limited edition
t-shirt, signed poster and bag.
2 runners up- just the bag
Question- Where are Westlife from?
Answer- Ireland
Tel- 0900 1717 090

ITS HOT ! PRINT ATTITUDES COMP
Prize- 20 x Print Attitudes CD Roms ( design cards, t-shirts and CD labels)
Question- What does PC stand for?
Answer- Personal Computer
Tel- 0900 1717 091

ITS HOT ! MYST COMP
Prize- PS2 console, Myst III Exile PS2 game, wooden puzzles and limited
edition pens.
Runners up- 4 x Myst III Exile PS2 game and puzzles.
Queston-Which universe is Myst III Exile set in?
Answer- Myst
Tel- 0900 1717 093

ITS HOT ! HASBRO GAME GOODIES COMP
Prize- Two winners get a pair of UCI cinema tickets and loadsa Hasbro games
( Simpsons Cluedo, Egyptain Mystery, Chocolate Factory, Discovering
Mosiacs,
Wonders of the East, Spirograph Classic, Magic Tracer and Funny Face Maker)
3 runners up - Cinema tickets plus Hasbro 3-in-1 Party Compendium (Guess
Who
, Buckaroo and Operation).
Question- Which of these games features a moody mule that likes to kick?
Answer- Buckaroo
Tel- 0900 1717 094

ITS HOT! WORDSEARCH 6
Prize- A V-Tech Researcher
Answer- With all the cheesecakes
Tel- 0900 1717 095

ITS HOT ! MONSTERS INC DVD COMP
Prize- 6 x Monsters Inc DVD
No question

ITS HOT ! GARETH BOOK COMP
Prize- 10 x Gareth Gates: Right from the Start book, plus a signed photo
No question

ITS HOT ! BUSTED COMP
Prize- 5 x Busted t-shirts, badges, vids and signed singles of What I Go To
School For.
Question- How many guys are in Busted?
Answer- 3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reader Offer in the Sunday Telegraph Magazine.

We have ten pairs of Daniel Hersheson Waving Tongs (worth £70) to give
away. Send a postcard with your name and address to Daniel Hersheson
Reader Offer, Halpern Associates, 250a King's Road, London SW3 5UE, by
16 October.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Postcards with name, address, Tel no and age:

Art Attack /......?.....,
Panini,
Panini House,
Coach & Horses Passage,
The Pantiles,
Tunbridge Wells,
TN2 5UJ
----------
Art Attack / Click em On's Comp

Prize- 15 x Crayola Click em on Marker Pen Sets

Answer- c) 36
-----------
Art Attack / Inline Comp

Prize- 5 x Aggressive Inline PS2 game

No Question
------------
Art Attack / Simpsons Comp

Prize- 30 x Printasia Kits (make cards, invites etc on the PC)

Answer- A) Maggy
------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For the following just change the subject line and send your details (
assume pc although it does not specify)to :

Gardens Monthly/ (name of comp)
HIGHBURY -SPL (was in capitals in magazine)
Berwick House
8-10 Knoll Rise
Orpington
Kent Br6 0PS

GardensMonthly/Bradstone
1 x visit from home garden design service next spring worth £250 plus VAT

Gardens Minthly/Power-Trak
2 x Mower worth £139.99

Gardens Monthly/MasterVac
4 x Garden Vacuum worth £69.99

Gardens Monthly/Hydratech
4 x Pond pump worth £69.99)

Gardens Monthly/Leather Gloves
25 x leather gardening gloves

Gardens Monthly/Legend Tools
10 x loppers worth £28.99

Send the following to the individual addresses below

1 x Arbour

Forest Garden plc/Gardens Monthly
Stanford Court
Stanford Bridge
Nr. Worcester
WR6 6SR

150 x pack of 'Ballerina' tulips worth £1.99

Taylors/Gardens Monthly
Washway House Farm
Washway Road
Holbeach
Spalding
Lincs
PE12 7PP

If you do not wish to receive mailings indicate this when you enter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 'Wild Guess' multiple choice is back. You have a one from three
choices -
A Teasel Mite
B Bur-reed Pollen
C Horsefly foot

The picture looks like a couple of small yellow koosh balls on a brown
velcro backing circled by a couple of brown horns together with a
number of additional brown spikes.

I do not know if this is some kind of clue or a mistake but the name
Susumu Nishinaga is in small print above the picture.

p/c to
Wild Guess
BBC Wildlife Magazine
Broadcasting House
Whiteladies Road
Bristol
BS8 2LR

c/d 16/10 for a subscription to BBC Wildlife magazine.

:: [Closing: 17/10/02] ::

The Cat - the official journal of the Cats Protection.

I have entered aioe before and won :o)

<competition name>
The Cat
PO Box 314
Horsham
West Sussex
RH13 5FE

closing date: 17th October 2002

<COMBO GLOVE>

12 x Combo gloves, a grooming mitt rrp £9.39
<HILIFE POUCHES>

30 x multipacks to give away, state which flavour mutlipack you would
prefer:

HiLife Ocean Selection (assortment of tuna and salmon, seafood flakes and
tuna and chicken)

or

HiLife Country Collection (turkey and giblets, chicken and giblets, pork
and
game)
awards, the feline equivalent of the Oscars! There's six catergories:
Ultimate Survivor
Long-Distance Traveller
Most Incredible Story
Best Turn-Around
Best Friends (cat-human relationship)
Best Personality

Closing date for entries 15th November. The awards ceremony will take
place
at Kensington Roof Gardens in London on Feb 13th 2003. Entry form in The
Cat, photocopies accepted.

Also, if you get The Cat - page 22, that's my piece about one of my foster
kittens from last year :o) Don't forget you can find out about the Derby &
District Branch or just ooh and aww at our latest guests at
www.derbycats.org.uk !!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not sure if these have been posted so here goes anyway.

It says 'write to' but assume pc entry is fine. These all go the same
address changing the first line as appropriate. I think that AIOE is ok.

20 x Iman Intense hair product set worth £10.45
Hairflair/Iman Giveaway

15 x Zirh Shampoo (for men) worth £12
Hairflair/Zirh Giveaway

80 x Dead Sea Spa Magik Shampoo and Serum
Hairflair/Spa Magik Serum Giveaway

10 x Kadus My Way Hair and Sun products worth £25
Hairflair/Kadus Giveaway

6 x Original Source Body Mist set of 5 worth £34.95
Hairflair/Original Source Giveaway

13 x Hot Air Styler worth £11.95
Hairflair/Wahl Giveaway

12 x Insights Shine hair products worth £18
Hariflair/Insights Giveaway

15 x Handbook of Hairdressers worth £15
Hairflair/Hairdressing Coucil Giveaway

The address is :

"name of comp"
Freebournes House
Freebournes Road
Witham
Essex
CM8 3US

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bit late this week.

Entries on a postcard or sealed envelope with answers on the back.
One entry per Household.

What you can win.

One of three Toys R Us Cybermaxx PCs wirth a 2.5 Ghz Pentium 4
processor, 512Mb of DDR memory, a 120 Gb hard disk, DVD and CD-RW
drives, a 64Mb nVidia GeForce MX440 graphics card, a 17in monitor,
Windows XP and a host of pre-installed software.

Question

How big is the hard disk supplied with the Cybermaxx PC?

Answer:- 120 Gb (From Text)

n/a/dpn/email

Toys R Us competition,
Computeractive,
PO Box 10218,
Sutton Coldfield
B76 1ZB

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Prizes are 10 x return ferry trips to or from Britain, for a car and four
passengers with Irish Ferries on the Dublin-Holyhead or Rosslare-Pembroke
routes. Prizes valid until May 31, 2003, excluding Christmas and Bank
Holidays.

In which Irish county is Rosslare ferry port?
N/A and answer on pc to:
Irish Ferries Competition
Ireland's Own
Channing House
Rowe Street
Wexford
Ireland

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4 hardback books (The Heart of Dublin; Shackleton, the Polar Journeys;
Killarney National Park; and Ireland's Turnpike Roads) - doesn't say if you
can choose which one you want.

On a pc answer question, 'what was the first name of the explorer,
Shackleton?' (Ernest? - confirmation anyone please)

Centenary Books Contest
Ireland's Own
Channing House
Rowe Street
Wexford
Eire

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/Competition/tandc.html

The first prize is a car and personalised number plate in the colour
of the winner's choice up to the value of £50,000. Subject to
availability.
A cash alternative of £50,000 is available to the first prize winner.
There will be 100 runners up prizes. Winners will have the choice of
either a pair of tickets to 1 Barclaycard Premiership match between
13.01.03 and 26.04.03, subject to availability, or theatre vouchers
(redeemable at most theatres nationwide) up to the value of £60.
Travel expenses are not included.

No purchase is necessary. Entries can be made by sending details of
your name, account number if applicable, address & contact telephone
number to
Barclaycard Premiership August Prize Draw,
PO Box 202,
Abingdon,
Oxon
OX14 4XR.

Only one entry per person.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Postcards AIOE to-

TITLE OF COMP
DVD Review (43),
Paragon House,
St Peters Road,
Bournemouth,
BH1 2JS.

DVD WORLD COMPO
5 x Pulp Fiction DVD's
Question- Pulp Fiction revived the career of which mover and shaker?
Answer- John Travolta

OCEANS ELEVEN COMPETITION
Win a Sony widescreen TV and Sony DVD player plus Oceans Eleven DVD.
Runners up- 9 x Oceans Eleven DVD's
Question- Which 'Pack' starred in the original Oceans Eleven?
Answer- B) The Rat Pack

SERENDIPITY COMPETITION
1st Prize- Win a Home Entertainment System, Grundig widescreen, Serendipity
DVD and a Sumptuous Hamper containing chocolates, champagne and treats.
The next 3 winners - Box of expensive chocs and bottle of champagne.
15 runners up- Serendipity DVD
Question- Which World War II epic did star in?
Answer- B) Pearl Harbor

WE WERE SOLDIERS COMPETITON
10 x We Were Soldiers DVD's plus We Were Soldiers Once....And Young books.
Question- Who did Mel Gibson portray in Braveheart?
Answer- B) William Wallace

A BEAUTIFUL MIND COMPETITION
5 x A Beautiful Mind DVD and special edition Silver Pen and Logic Puzzles
Question- Ron Howard played nice guy Richie in which seventies TV show?
Answer- A) Happy Days

UK LISTINGS 43
Win the Esssential Collection-
Die Hard:SE Boxset, Toy Story:CE boxset, Fight Club, The
Exorcist:SE, The Matrix:Revisited boxset, Monty Python and the Holy
Grail,plus The Godfather Trilogy.
Question- What sound do the Monsters need from the children?
Answer- Childrens Screams

COLUMBIA COMPETITION
Prize- You need to choose the 5 films you would like out of the following
list: (put choices on the postcard)

Gandhi
Papillon
Taxi Driver
Midnight Express
Easy Rider
Dirty Dancing
The Blues Brothers
Spartacus

Question-Tell us which larger than life actor took over vocal duties from
John Belushi in the sequel to The Blues Brothers, Blues Brothers 2000?
Answer- Again anyone please?

CLASSIC DELETED SCENE COMPO
Win the top 5 DVD's of the month in the Game chart.
Question- Which Cameron Crowe film introduced stars and lovers Cruise and
Cruz?
Answer- Vanilla Sky
---------------------------------------
Last one to different address

5 x From Hell DVD and a bottle of Senor Absinth, and a special sipping
pipe.
Question- From Hell star Johnny Depp is married to which foxy French Lady?
Answer- B) Vanessa Paradis

From Hell Competition,
DVD Review (#43),
Darwall Smith Associates,
PO Box 36414,
London,
EC1R 3WA.

Must be over 18 for this one.
----------------

:: [Closing: 18/10/02] ::

5 x Trendy leather jacket worth £89 each.

Send your details and size ( 8 - 18 ) on a postcard to : -

essentials / Freemans Jacket Offer
Room 278,
King's Reach Tower
Stamford Street
London
SE1 9LS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My daughter bought this today. There are some good comps but you need the
official entry form for most of them. One phone comp and one postcard comp
you dont need the mag for -

Phone comp:

1st prize - one metre high Scully and a monsters inc DVD
Runners up prizes - 10 DVD's, 10 videos, 12 t-shirts and 25 furry bags.

questions
1) What city do the Monsters live in?
a) Monstropolis-------------THIS ONE
b) Monster Land
c) Valley of the Monsters

2) Where do Monsters get their energy from?
a) Chocolate
b) Children's screams -----------THIS ONE
c) Lots of sleep

3) Name the company Mike & Sulley work for
a) Monsters Incorporated----------THIS ONE
b) Monsters Limited
c) Monsters & Co.

to enter call 09010 300555 leaving your name, address, tel. no, and
answers.
Calls should cost no mare than 25p. Closing 18/10/02

Postcard comp:

one of 12 Gast pc cd-rom - worth £19.99. No question
send name, address and age to:-

Gast Game
Animals and You no.8
P.O. Box 305
London
NW1 1TX

before 18/10/02
(note - IMO this mag is aimed at girls 7-12)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HomeStyle Giveaways:

70 x pair of tickets to the Scottish Homebuilding & Renovating Show (Royal
Highland Centre, Edinburgh, 26-27 October)

HomeStyle/ScH&R offer
Centaur Exhibitions
50 Poland Street
London
W1V 4AX

cd 18th October

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Win a Stowaway Tender
Collapsed the 16kg Stowaway Tender easily fits on a roof rack. Three pieces
slot in to quickly and easily form a rigid dinghy.
To win answer question
Q. What is the weight of the Stowaway Tender
Send ans n/a on pc to
Stowaway/CCC Competition
12 High Street
Byfield
Northants
NN11 6XH

cd 18th October

(oars and motor not included)

CCC= camping and caravanning club(just for info)

------------

Win an Airik 2 Kayak complete with two sets of paddles and a pump
Answer question
Q. How many air chambers has the Airik 2
A. Three (from the text)

Send ans. n/a on pc to
Chandlerydirect/
CCC Competition
37-38 Seymour Road
Attleborough
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV11 4JD
----------

10 Multi Link Lock Alarms

send na on pc to

Lock Alarm Draw/CCC,
Marketing Dept
Eliza Tinsley & Co.Ltd
Reddal Hill Road
Cradley Heath
West Midlands
B64 5JF

CCC=camping and caravanning club (just for info)

----------

3 pairs of Jessops Aqua binoculars 8x32 worth £80 pr
(Jessops Giveaway)

1 Khyam Variable Sleeping System (Three modules can be used individually or
combined. Two sleeping bags filled with Thermalin and one outer bivvy-bag)
value £99.99
(Khyam VSS giveaway)

pc to
Camping and Caravanning/(name of product) Giveaway
Greenfields House
Westwood Way
Coventry
CV4 8JH

---------

6 pairs Italian Lizard Australian Sandals worth £54.95
sizes 37-46

send na and shoe size on pc to

footWORK/CCC Giveaway
PO Box 10
Helensburgh
Dunbartonshire
G84 8WD

CCC=camping and caravanning club(just for info)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Major change to the format of the Quiz as of this month. The old style ream
of
questions has gone, as has the necessity for a copy of the entry form. All
I had
to do was complete a crossword, take the highlighted letters, and reaarange
them
into the name of an American actor.

Prizes: One winner gets a JVC widescreen TV, a DVD player and copy of Dog
Soldiers on DVD. Ten runners-up get a Dog Soldiers DVD.

I found the letters - S I R A H R D E - giving the answer:

ED HARRIS

Simply put this on a postcard, with your details and send to:

The Empire Crossword
Mappin House
4 Winsley Street
London
W1W 8HF

c/d: October 18

Kim Papworth
____________________________________

A new home for our community:
<<< http://www.ddncafe.com >>>
Chat, Nonsense and very little to do with coffee!
____________________________________

V6

Oct 7, 2002, 6:32:35 AM10/7/02
Am very grateful for the list - thanks for posting.
Is it worth however listing postcard entries that close on Tuesday and
Wednesday as postcards always go second-class regardless of class stamp on
them.
Jan

"Itson" <kimpa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anamcara

Oct 7, 2002, 7:00:53 AM10/7/02
Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion sang ' The Prayer'

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Janine

Oct 7, 2002, 7:11:17 AM10/7/02
Please could people replying to this thread please snip some of the text, I
have to download it each time before I can see it as it's a long post.

Thanks
Janine

Penz

Oct 7, 2002, 7:21:34 AM10/7/02

"V6" <ne...@strollers.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Am very grateful for the list - thanks for posting.
> Is it worth however listing postcard entries that close on Tuesday and
> Wednesday as postcards always go second-class regardless of class stamp on
> them.
> Jan

This is something I didn't know. I send a lot of postcards out first class.
I know one of the regular posters to the news group works for the post
office. Can you please tell me if this is true?

Penz

Spyda

Oct 7, 2002, 7:50:59 AM10/7/02
spyda amused herself spinning a new web whilst "Penz"
<money...@blueyonder.co.uk> waffled on :

I don't work for the PO but I am pretty certain this is untrue - the
machine reads the stamp - it has no idea what the stamp is stuck on
IYSWIM so if it's first class it goes first class - which is still
about a week ;o)

spyda

www.compersmentis.co.uk
www.kythe.co.uk

V6

Oct 7, 2002, 7:26:06 AM10/7/02
> This is something I didn't know. I send a lot of postcards out first
class.
> I know one of the regular posters to the news group works for the post
> office. Can you please tell me if this is true?

Best way is to go away from your local area (else you'll get them both next
day) and send yourself 2 cards with different class stamps on and see when
they arrive.
Jan

Vicky Conlan

Oct 7, 2002, 12:44:45 PM10/7/02
According to <ne...@strollers.freeserve.co.uk>:

>Am very grateful for the list - thanks for posting.
>Is it worth however listing postcard entries that close on Tuesday and
>Wednesday as postcards always go second-class regardless of class stamp on
>them.

I think this has been well established a an urban legend.

--
http://comps-online.co.uk/ -:- http://uksf.org.uk/
http://comps-offline.co.uk/ :-: http://comps.org/