Creighton Binns folding camper

kin®sole

Aug 15, 2002, 4:27:52 PM8/15/02
Hi
Has anyone ever heard of a Comfort by Creighton Binns Development Ltd.
They are(where) base at Ickornshaw Mill,Cowling,nr Keighley,West Yorks.
I have just bought one of these and wondered if I could find a bit more
about it.
I tried a "google" but with no joy.
I believe that the company change its name.
TIA for any help

--
************
kin峴ole

mhlife

Aug 16, 2002, 3:32:32 PM8/16/02

"kin®sole" <kinr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> kin®sole
> ************

Creighton-Binns, a name from the Sixties, when trailer tents enjoyed
something of a heyday (thanks, partly, to Barry Bucknall and his 'Mirror'
trailer tent - D.I.Y plans published by Mirror Newspapers)

The model you have is probably called the 'Double Top' - it was Creighton's
biggest (in relative terms!) seller.

Like other weird and wonderful designs of that period ('Campavan', for
example) they have long since ceased production - a demise hastened by Sam
Alpen (sp?) and his affordable range of 'Sprite' caravans.

kin®sole

Aug 16, 2002, 4:17:30 PM8/16/02
The model I have is called 'comfort' and is a 4/6 berth.
If it dates from the sixties then It must have either hardly ever been used
or very well looked after as it is in like new condition.
The thing I like best about it is it only takes 3 minutes on my own to
erect.
Thanks for your reply

--
************
kin®sole

"mhlife" <mhl...@whateverufancy.com> wrote in message

mhlife

Aug 16, 2002, 4:28:04 PM8/16/02

> The model I have is called 'comfort' and is a 4/6 berth.
> If it dates from the sixties then It must have either hardly ever been
used
> or very well looked after as it is in like new condition.
> The thing I like best about it is it only takes 3 minutes on my own to
> erect.
> Thanks for your reply

]
C.B did, actually, produce a handful of models into the early 70's - by that
time they were also doing a folding camper (I seem to remember that the name
was 'Gold', something...) , designed to rival the Conway Cruiser.

They always were at the more expensive end of the market - which, of course,
is reflected in the overall quality.

Your best bet is to make enquiries with the Trailer Tent Section of the
Camping & Caravanning Club - someone there will have Chapter and Verse on
every detail of every C.B ever made! www.trailertent.fsnet.co.uk

kin®sole

Aug 17, 2002, 3:54:36 AM8/17/02
Thanks for that link.
The original instruction came with the camper and has a list of optional
extras which include a rack for putting thing on top of the camper when
towing and also a spare wheel( which would be very useful!!)
If I could see a picture of the racks then making a set shouldn't be a
problem.
Thanks again

--
************
kin峴ole

************

destay...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 10:49:46 PM6/19/14
I have just become the proud owner ( I think ) of a Lowline Caravan by Creighton Binns. It is extremely small and very light but well equipped and with the pop up roof extended has lots of headroom. I have never seen another one like it and wondered if anyone had any info re this model,

thanks, Des
Message has been deleted

davids...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2015, 8:02:44 AM4/29/15
I think I have a similar caravan to yourself. Does it have an extra door that is used for a inbuilt toilet tent?

David

GrahamW

May 4, 2015, 1:32:21 PM5/4/15
David. I don't know if you noticed but you are replying to a post from June
of last year. If Des is still around he may reply, but it's been nearly a
year.
It's been really quiet in here for some time.

Regards, Graham (Tiptoes out, stage right)

<davids...@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Friday, June 20, 2014 at 3:49:46 AM UTC+1, destay...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, August 15, 2002 9:27:50 PM UTC+1, kinŽsole wrote:
> > Hi
> > Has anyone ever heard of a Comfort by Creighton Binns Development Ltd.
> > They are(where) base at Ickornshaw Mill,Cowling,nr Keighley,West Yorks.
> > I have just bought one of these and wondered if I could find a bit more
> > about it.
> > I tried a "google" but with no joy.
> > I believe that the company change its name.
> > TIA for any help
> >
> > --
> > ************
> > kin?ole

jadeta...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 3:35:10 PM8/7/15
Sorry for the late reply, yes it does have an extradoor for the toilet, did you manage to find anything more out about the caravan?

Thanks Des

davids...@gmail.com

May 16, 2017, 3:36:52 PM5/16/17
On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 8:35:10 PM UTC+1, jadeta...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, yes it does have an extradoor for the toilet, did you manage to find anything more out about the caravan?
>
> Thanks Des

Sorry, I did not see your reply until now. Not sure whether you will see this.I have not been able to find any more information and yours is the only other one I have heard of. As it has the two large windows front and back I have found it very easy to tow. David