Sky V ON channel breakdown

Jay

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.

The term channel is used in its loosest meaning and includes
time-shifted and shared channels.

From a Sky Digibox you can get:

1. BBC One + regions
2. BBC Two WS
3. BBC choice + regions
4. BBC News 24
5. Channel 4
6. Channel 5
7. Sky News
8. Sky Sports News
9. Bloomberg
10. Discovery
11. Discovery Timeshift
12. National Geographic Channel
13. UK Horizons
14. The History Channel
15. Animal Planet
16. CNBC
17. Bravo
18. Nickelodeon
19. Fox Kids
20. Trouble
21. MTV
22. VH1
23. M2
24. The Box
25. UK Play
26. Paramount Comedy Channel
27. UK Gold
28. UK Style
29. Living
30. Challenge TV
31. Granada Plus
32. Granada Breeze
33. Granada Men & Motors
34. UK Arena
35. [.tv]
36. Discovery Showcase: Travel & Adventure
37. Discovery Showcase: Civilizations
38. Discovery Showcase: Sci-Trek
39. The Sci-Fi Channel
40. TARA
41. Sky Soap
42. Sky Travel
43. MUTV
44. Film Four
45. Sky Sports 1
46. Sky Sports 2
47. Sky Sports 3
48. Sky Premier 1
49. Sky Premier 2
50. Sky Premier 3
51. Sky Premier 4
52. Sky PremierWS
53. Sky MovieMax 1
54. Sky MovieMax 2
55. Sky MovieMax 3
56. Sky MovieMax 4
57. Sky Cinema 1
58. Sky Cinema 2
59. Disney
60. TV Travel Shop
61. QVC
62. Television X
63. Playboy
64. CNE (FTA)

So right now via a Sky Digibox you can get:
64 TV + 44 audio + 50 PPV = 158 channels

From a Digital Terristrial box from ONdigital

1. BBC One
2. BBC Two
3. BBC choice
4. BBC News 24
5. Channel 4
6. Channel 5
7. ITV 1
8. ITV 2
9. UK Gold
10. UK Style
11. UK Horizons
12. UK Play
13. Sky One
14. Eurosport
15. The Cartoon Network
16. Carlton Kids
17. Carlton World
18. Carlton Select
19. Carlton Food Network
20. Carlton Cinema
21. Granada Plus
22. Granada Men and Motor
23. Granada Breeze
24. Shop!
25. First Ondigital
26. Sky Premier
27. Sky Movie Max
28. Film Four
29. Sky Sports
30. Sky Sports 3

A total of 30 channels from the DTT

Exclusives - Ondigital
1. Local BBC
2. ITV 1
3. ITV 2
4. First Ondigital
5. Eurosport
6. Carlton Kids
7. Carlton World
8. Carlton Select
9. Carlton Food Network
10. Cartoon Network
11. Carlton Cinema

11 Exclusives with DTT and ONdigital

Sky Digital Exclusives
1. Sky News
2. Sky Sports News
3. Bloomberg
4. Discovery
5. Discovery Timeshift
6. National Geographic Channel
7. The History Channel
8. Animal Planet
9. CNBC
10. Bravo
11. Fox Kids
12. Trouble
13. MTV
14. VH1
15. M2
16. The Box
17. Living
18. Challenge TV
19. [.tv]
20. Discovery Showcase: Travel & Adventure
21. Discovery Showcase: Civilizations
22. Discovery Showcase: Sci-Trek
23. The Sci-Fi Channel
24. TARA
25. Sky Soap
26. Sky Travel
27. Sky Sports 2
28. Sky Premier 2
29. Sky Premier 3
30. Sky Premier 4
31. Sky PremierWS
32. Sky MovieMax 2
33. Sky MovieMax 3
34. Sky MovieMax 4
35. Sky Cinema 1
36. Sky Cinema 2
37. Disney
38. TV Travel Shop
39. QVC

39 exclusives TV channels with Sky + 44 Audio

Any corrections apprechiated.

David John Patrick

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Jay wrote:

> Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.

Good work on the list. Here's a couple of minor points that might be worth
mentioning though.

> Exclusives - Ondigital
> 1. Local BBC

This exclusive only applies to England. In Scotland, Wales and NI the
local BBC regions are delivered over satellite.

> 8. Carlton Select
> 9. Carlton Food Network

Not really relevant to this list, but Carlton Food Network and Carlton
Select are available on some (all?) cable services.

David Patrick

Jay

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:19:21 +0000, David John Patrick
<spsp...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

>Good work on the list. Here's a couple of minor points that might be worth
>mentioning though.
>
>> Exclusives - Ondigital
>> 1. Local BBC
>
>This exclusive only applies to England. In Scotland, Wales and NI the
>local BBC regions are delivered over satellite.

Agreed

>> 8. Carlton Select
>> 9. Carlton Food Network
>
>Not really relevant to this list, but Carlton Food Network and Carlton
>Select are available on some (all?) cable services.

Was meant as a straight Sky V ONdigital comparison, we should compare
Digital Cable...

Nathan Savage

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:58:27 GMT, sco...@cyberdude.com (Jay) wrote:

>Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.

65 Sky One
66 Discovery Home&Leisure
67 UK Gold Classic
68 The Racing Channel

>So right now via a Sky Digibox you can get:
> 64 TV + 44 audio + 50 PPV = 158 channels

There are 48ppv channels plus the ppv preview channel

So it`s 68 + 44audio + 49ppv = 161 channels

Nathan Savage (Nat...@canofbis.demon.co.uk)
Freelance Website Designer
ICQ - 7498684
Phone - 07020 958854 or Fax - 07020 968854
Please visit http://www.thoic.com

Brian McIlwrath

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98

: On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Jay wrote:

: > Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.

: Good work on the list. Here's a couple of minor points that might be worth
: mentioning though.

: > Exclusives - Ondigital
: > 1. Local BBC

Actually not NOW - as the original post said. Regional BBC on DTT is end of
1999.

Matthew Thompson

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:28:36 GMT, Nat...@canofbis.demon.co.uk (Nathan
Savage) wrote:

Actually he quoted - far too bloody much STOP QUOTING EVERYTHING.

>>So right now via a Sky Digibox you can get:
>> 64 TV + 44 audio + 50 PPV = 158 channels
>
>There are 48ppv channels plus the ppv preview channel

700 - Preview channel
701 - 748 - 48 PPV Movie Channels
750 - PPV Events Channel

I make that 50

>So it`s 68 + 44audio + 49ppv = 161 channels

Care to amend that figure?

M@t :O)

Nathan Savage

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:53:25 GMT, ma...@actuality.co.uk (Matthew
Thompson) wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:28:36 GMT, Nat...@canofbis.demon.co.uk (Nathan
>Savage) wrote:
>
>Actually he quoted - far too bloody much STOP QUOTING EVERYTHING.

Actually i could of quoted the whole post but I didn`t .. and that`s
what i`ve been doing for the last 7 years..

>>>So right now via a Sky Digibox you can get:
>>> 64 TV + 44 audio + 50 PPV = 158 channels
>>
>>There are 48ppv channels plus the ppv preview channel
>
>700 - Preview channel
>701 - 748 - 48 PPV Movie Channels
>750 - PPV Events Channel
>
>I make that 50

Wrong.. When 750 is used 748 is not active, so at any one time 48ppv
+1 preview are active..

>>So it`s 68 + 44audio + 49ppv = 161 channels
>
>Care to amend that figure?

Nope..

David Marshall

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Nathan Savage wrote:
> Wrong.. When 750 is used 748 is not active, so at any one time 48ppv
> +1 preview are active..

The same applies to 127 and 604, but you still counted both of those.

Dave

Robert Brown

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Does anyone know if you get a TV guide with Ondigital, like the Sky TV
Guide?
Jay wrote in message <3652b3b2...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.
>
>So right now via a Sky Digibox you can get:
> 64 TV + 44 audio + 50 PPV = 158 channels
>
>From a Digital Terristrial box from ONdigital
>
>1. BBC One
>2. BBC Two
>3. BBC choice
>4. BBC News 24
>5. Channel 4
>6. Channel 5
>Exclusives - Ondigital
>1. Local BBC
>2. ITV 1
>3. ITV 2
>4. First Ondigital
>5. Eurosport
>6. Carlton Kids
>7. Carlton World
>8. Carlton Select
>9. Carlton Food Network

Matthew Thompson

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:45:30 -0000, "Robert Brown" <v...@nettaxi.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if you get a TV guide with Ondigital, like the Sky TV
>Guide?

Yes you do. The Sky Digital Guide.

It's crap for anything but a list of iflms as it only shows time based
listings for 'peak time' viewing.

And can we stop quoting all of every post please - it just wastes
download time.

M@t :o)

James Cridland

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98

> Someone asked for a breakdown of the channels available now.

Good work!

You'll find a complete list of the channels available on both SkyDigital and OnDigital at the website below, with
channel numbers and wesbites where applicable, in case you'd like to come and see.

--
James Cridland, Production Manager, Media UK
Media UK Internet Directory: http://www.mediauk.com/directory/

Craig Oldfield

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
In article: <3671d8ad...@207.14.113.10> Jom...@the.beach (Jomtien)
writes:

> >Actually he quoted - far too bloody much STOP QUOTING EVERYTHING

> Hear, hear.
> Far too many people in this group don't seem to have a clue about how
> to post.

My two pennorth, Your messages are often hard to read because you post
immediately after the text you are quoting, if you left one blank line (as
above) I wouldn't miss some of your stuff.
--
Craig Oldfield

Matthew Thompson

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 05:29:15 GMT, Jom...@the.beach (Jomtien) wrote:

>Hear, hear.
>Far too many people in this group don't seem to have a clue about how
>to post.

Far from me to be seen as anti-Jotien I fully agree with him on this.

M@t :o)

Craig Oldfield

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
In article: <36868992...@207.14.113.10> Jom...@the.beach (Jomtien)
writes:

> Most other clients (Agent is the best) display quoted text in a
> different colour or shade (user-selectable) which makes it very clear
> indeed.
> Even Outlook Express displays quoted text differently.
> I suggest that you try one of them.

Some use mono displays, some are colour blind, some have tried other
newsreaders and didn't like them :)

> (BTW many people here would be delighted to have a newsreader like
> yours which lets you miss what I write. <g>)

I'm saying nowt :)
--
Craig Oldfield

Stephen M Baines

Nov 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/24/98
In article <366a2aab...@207.14.113.10> Jom...@the.beach "Jomtien" writes:

> Cr...@thebrink.demon.co.uk (Craig Oldfield) wrote:
>
> >> Most other clients (Agent is the best) display quoted text in a
> >> different colour or shade (user-selectable) which makes it very clear
> >> indeed.
> >> Even Outlook Express displays quoted text differently.
> >> I suggest that you try one of them.
> >
> >Some use mono displays,

> Not many these days, surely ?

Probably more than have country cottages and want to watch Sky at
them...

--
Stephen M Baines

"I have a very positive outlook on life. I am one of the six percent of
people who survive helicopter crashes." Alessandro Nannini

F1/TouringCars http://www.motorsport.org.uk stephen @ motorsport * org * uk

Stephen M Baines

Nov 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/26/98
In article <367ec9c3...@207.14.113.10> Jom...@the.beach "Jomtien" writes:

> >> Not many these days, surely ?
> >
> >Probably more than have country cottages and want to watch Sky at
> >them...

> Hmm. Do I detect a touch of jealousy from the non-cottage owning
> members of this group ? <g>

Not in the slightest. My house is already in the country.

--
Stephen M Baines

Nuvolari on being asked if he was scared of dying in a racing car:
"I suppose you expect to die in bed?
In that case, I wonder you dare go to bed at night"