[322] What A Way To End It. What A Frelling Way To End It!

Andrew Wright

Jan 31, 2002, 12:51:27 PM1/31/02
OK, I missed the first couple of minutes, but where the hell did that
crazy old woman come from?

Well, those of us who wanted something seriously weird look like they
got their wish. I mean, D'Argo in a tux? Second only to Chiana in a
blue dress. I'm not too sure about Pilot at the wedding reception
though. And we do get to see what the PKs arriving on Earth would be.
Shades of Blakes 7 again. As yet another season ends with Aeryn dying.

I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
"when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
hopes of returning. Or has he?

Nasty line, "All I want is you." Talk about opening old wounds. After
all that, after three years, "there is no wormhole, there is only you."
Ouch, painful. Some people around here suggested 321 was the best
Farscape yet. Sorry, but that sequence in the hanger, now that is what
we watch this show for, and there weren't even any words.

Can it just say: Aeryn Sun in her wedding dress, woyzer! Although,
Chiana the hooker has some /interesting/ possibilities. Anyone manage
to spot a belly button? Loved the way Crichton held the hand bag in
front of him.

OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
was we watched D'Argo on the Sydney waterfront, I kept expecting to see
'oward from the Halifax on his bloody swan. Who would have guessed that
Rygel would beliver Talyn's eulogy? What the hell did they use to
destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

Big question, who was that old woman. What was the old woman? Shades of
SiL and Lorien personally.

Leviathan burial ground, why the hell not? They are clearly not
elephants, but I do like the idea. Just like different leviathans
having different values and views on Talyn. It's great to see
leviathans actually having values, and to learn more about Moya as a
character. Really, after 3 years, we still don't know that much about
her.

Oh, and yet more wonderful CGi, BTW. Those remains of Talyn, I guess
that really means he is dead, along with Crais.

PK anti-terriorist squad? Bunch of assassins. Ummmn, that's a little
close to current events isn't it? But where the hell did that come
from? Anyone remember any mention from 318-321?

Zhaan said the Key is to be honest. Has anyone told Buffy?

Line of the week? er, pretty much most of it. Or, if there has to be
one I think it was Crichton's line one.

So, where do we go from here? Aeryn, and 'junior' are gone (off to
war), D'Argo, Chiana, and Rygel gone somewhere, and Moya, Pilot, Jool
and weird woman shot down a wormhole. Does that really leave Crichton
on his own, with no fuel, stranded?

Excellent episode, and it's going to be a long, long wait until
September.

Andrew

--
Andrew Wright <*> and...@stardock.u-net.com
Fry: What do we care, we live in the United States

Justin Keverne

Jan 31, 2002, 2:36:17 PM1/31/02

"Andrew Wright" <and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote in message

Although I managed to see the Episode in it's Entirity, I'm still not sure
where D'Argo, Chiana and Rygel have gone. Was that explained at the end of
the Episode? Because at that point I was d'loading the Msg from here and may
have miss some of what happened, about 30 seconds...

As for the three-eyed old woman, from wot I could tell she was a prisionor
onboard the Command Carrier, who John choose to rescue from the debris (at
least that's the way I remember it being explained)...

- - -
J Ross "Ebola" Keverne.

Ignorance Is Bliss.
But Knowledge Is Power!

Ade Vickers

Jan 31, 2002, 3:58:28 PM1/31/02
Andrew Wright wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:

> OK, I missed the first couple of minutes, but where the hell did that
> crazy old woman come from?

One of Scorpy's prisoners, as rescued by JC, and presumably didn't jump
ship with the rest of them.

> Well, those of us who wanted something seriously weird look like they
> got their wish. I mean, D'Argo in a tux? Second only to Chiana in a
> blue dress. I'm not too sure about Pilot at the wedding reception
> though. And we do get to see what the PKs arriving on Earth would be.
> Shades of Blakes 7 again. As yet another season ends with Aeryn dying.

Only in John's dreamworld. And whilst it was a bit Blake's 7ish in
sofaras they killed everyone (except John), that's as far as the
parallel goes IMHO.

> I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
> "when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
> all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
> learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
> hopes of returning. Or has he?

Probably not. After all, he doesn't believe in all that fate crap. No,
wait, that's Matrix. Hmm...

> Nasty line, "All I want is you." Talk about opening old wounds. After
> all that, after three years, "there is no wormhole, there is only you."
> Ouch, painful. Some people around here suggested 321 was the best
> Farscape yet. Sorry, but that sequence in the hanger, now that is what
> we watch this show for, and there weren't even any words.

Indeed. You'd have to be a pretty cold fish not to be moved by that.

> What the hell did they use to
> destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the command
carrier is what I want to know?

--
"I may have invented Ctrl-Alt-Del, but Microsoft made it popular."
- David Bradley, one of the designers of the original IBM PC

Justin Keverne

Jan 31, 2002, 4:08:31 PM1/31/02

"Ade Vickers" <javi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I think the reason behind that was that it takes a long time to "target" or
"charge" or summat, and that's Y Aryen had to distract the other Levithian
while D'Argo did what had to be done to actually be able to fire...

If they'd tried that with the Command Carrier D'Argo's ship would have been
destroyed while he was still waiting to fire...

I think...

Mark Blunden

Jan 31, 2002, 6:54:23 PM1/31/02
"Justin Keverne" <JKev...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Also, the Command Carrier is a great deal larger than even the larger
leviathan, and armed with defensive screens, which might have fended off
that weapon.

--
Mark.
mark.b...@ntlworld.com

* Our troops will impregnate your dairy animals, and laugh at your human
dress sense!

Dan Kelly

Jan 31, 2002, 7:05:50 PM1/31/02
Andrew Wright <and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:

> OK, I missed the first couple of minutes, but where the hell did that
> crazy old woman come from?

Explained later - John rescued a pod full of PK prisoners and the others
scarpered first chance - she stayed to 'help' him. We saw none of this.

> Well, those of us who wanted something seriously weird look like they
> got their wish. I mean, D'Argo in a tux? Second only to Chiana in a
> blue dress. I'm not too sure about Pilot at the wedding reception
> though. And we do get to see what the PKs arriving on Earth would be.
> Shades of Blakes 7 again. As yet another season ends with Aeryn dying.

Johns fear that the two things he want most - his friends and earth -
was really nicely shown through all this - however I'm not too sure
about all the "See the truth" things. All the dreams were broadly
similar.

> I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
> "when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
> all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
> learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
> hopes of returning. Or has he?

After the coinf flip did anyone else think that John was the one leaving
and Aeryn staying? Odds on a compromise with their journey taking them
all to earth sometime soon?

> Nasty line, "All I want is you." Talk about opening old wounds. After
> all that, after three years, "there is no wormhole, there is only you."
> Ouch, painful. Some people around here suggested 321 was the best
> Farscape yet. Sorry, but that sequence in the hanger, now that is what
> we watch this show for, and there weren't even any words.
>
> Can it just say: Aeryn Sun in her wedding dress, woyzer! Although,
> Chiana the hooker has some /interesting/ possibilities. Anyone manage
> to spot a belly button? Loved the way Crichton held the hand bag in
> front of him.

Saw this - guess the season one covering was Clothing and not effects -
which is a shame - why would an alien have the umbilical connected to
the same place?

> OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
> was we watched D'Argo on the Sydney waterfront, I kept expecting to see
> 'oward from the Halifax on his bloody swan. Who would have guessed that
> Rygel would beliver Talyn's eulogy? What the hell did they use to
> destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

Big guns - looks like everyone was a bit shook up on the result. As to
the dreams - liked the way that the conversations in and out of the
dreams interwove. Good writing DK <g>

> Big question, who was that old woman. What was the old woman? Shades of
> SiL and Lorien personally.

Doubt that shes all she seems.

> Leviathan burial ground, why the hell not? They are clearly not
> elephants, but I do like the idea. Just like different leviathans
> having different values and views on Talyn. It's great to see
> leviathans actually having values, and to learn more about Moya as a
> character. Really, after 3 years, we still don't know that much about
> her.

Looked a lot like the Builders 'yard' - so perhaps it was more of a
repair shop - leading to Talyn Returns next year <ducks and runs>

> Oh, and yet more wonderful CGi, BTW. Those remains of Talyn, I guess
> that really means he is dead, along with Crais.

Despite the above I sincerely hope so - the burial I liked, but the mad
leviathan was pants - and a waste of valuable time.

> PK anti-terriorist squad? Bunch of assassins. Ummmn, that's a little
> close to current events isn't it? But where the hell did that come
> from? Anyone remember any mention from 318-321?

No previous mention - and it was _EX_ PK hit squad wasn't it? So it was
likely rumours that refered to them when opn board the CC.

> Zhaan said the Key is to be honest. Has anyone told Buffy?

or Glory for that matter

> Line of the week? er, pretty much most of it. Or, if there has to be
> one I think it was Crichton's line one.

Did you love John Crichton... to Crichton turning aeway from Aeryn to
them taking the frelling coin toss - dammit

> So, where do we go from here? Aeryn, and 'junior' are gone (off to
> war), D'Argo, Chiana, and Rygel gone somewhere, and Moya, Pilot, Jool
> and weird woman shot down a wormhole. Does that really leave Crichton
> on his own, with no fuel, stranded?
>
> Excellent episode, and it's going to be a long, long wait until
> September.

Hopefully thats all we need to wait - anyone know when the BBC teen
digitals srtarting - and can ewe lobby them to stick Farscape on there a
la E4 and ER etc...? I'm desperate. (Actually anyone know whether
they'd have the masters a Henson UK - if so i could cal up the
ninjas...)

#DL

--
Apple does not recommend allowing an elephant
to operate a Mac in any environment. July 2000

Iain Clark

Jan 31, 2002, 7:14:00 PM1/31/02
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:51:27 +0100, Andrew Wright
<and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:

>OK, I missed the first couple of minutes, but where the hell did that
>crazy old woman come from?

She didn't - hence the running gag of people asking where she came
from. She explained halfway through though about having been a
rescued prisoner form the Command Carrier.

>Nasty line, "All I want is you." Talk about opening old wounds. After
>all that, after three years, "there is no wormhole, there is only you."
>Ouch, painful. Some people around here suggested 321 was the best
>Farscape yet. Sorry, but that sequence in the hanger, now that is what
>we watch this show for, and there weren't even any words.

Superb scene.

>OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
>was we watched D'Argo on the Sydney waterfront, I kept expecting to see
>'oward from the Halifax on his bloody swan. Who would have guessed that
>Rygel would beliver Talyn's eulogy? What the hell did they use to
>destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

I thought it was supposed to be just a dream, right from the start.

>Big question, who was that old woman. What was the old woman? Shades of
>SiL and Lorien personally.

Yes, I was reminded of that too.

>So, where do we go from here? Aeryn, and 'junior' are gone (off to
>war), D'Argo, Chiana, and Rygel gone somewhere, and Moya, Pilot, Jool
>and weird woman shot down a wormhole. Does that really leave Crichton
>on his own, with no fuel, stranded?
>
>Excellent episode, and it's going to be a long, long wait until
>September.

Myself I loved the entire episode: the ongoing dream sequences turning
sour, the final farewell to Tayln, the crew splitting up, the
inexplicable strange old lady <g>.

I loved it all...well, right up to the coin toss. After that...I'm
still trying to decide. It felt just a tad too contrived to me.

Then again I doubt they're going to go any route that I would expect,
so I remain optimistic.

Overall, that was excellent.

Iain
--
"Signs, portents, dreams...next thing
we'll be reading tea leaves and chicken entrails."

Peter John Baker

Jan 31, 2002, 5:49:48 PM1/31/02
> > What the hell did they use to
> > destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?
>
> That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
> pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the command
> carrier is what I want to know?

It did look like a 'projected' version of a starburst. Perhaps thats what
it's meant to be - a controlled starbust gone wrong.

I would guess with so many Maruders and gun emplacements around, D'Argo
wouldn't have had a chance to fire the weapon at the command carrier.

--
Pete

Alison

Jan 31, 2002, 2:06:12 PM1/31/02
<and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:

>OK, I missed the first couple of minutes, but where the hell did that
>crazy old woman come from?

That's what most of the crew spent most of the episode wondering.
There was a bit near the end when she said she was in a lifepod of PK
prisoners which Moya had picked up after the command carrier blew. She
felt some gratitude to Crichton so hadn't let herself be dropped off
with her companions.

>Well, those of us who wanted something seriously weird look like they
>got their wish. I mean, D'Argo in a tux? Second only to Chiana in a
>blue dress. I'm not too sure about Pilot at the wedding reception
>though.

I really think Jool's pink suit was a mistake.

>Can it just say: Aeryn Sun in her wedding dress, woyzer! Although,
>Chiana the hooker has some /interesting/ possibilities. Anyone manage
>to spot a belly button? Loved the way Crichton held the hand bag in
>front of him.

Definitely a belly button.

>OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
>was we watched D'Argo on the Sydney waterfront, I kept expecting to see
>'oward from the Halifax on his bloody swan. Who would have guessed that
>Rygel would beliver Talyn's eulogy? What the hell did they use to
>destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

D'Argo's ship would appear to be quite powerful. So how come they
couldn't use it blow up the command carrier last week? I suppose they
needed time for the PKs to abandon ship.

>Big question, who was that old woman. What was the old woman? Shades of
>SiL and Lorien personally.

See above.

>PK anti-terriorist squad? Bunch of assassins. Ummmn, that's a little
>close to current events isn't it? But where the hell did that come
>from? Anyone remember any mention from 318-321?

Nope.

>Line of the week? er, pretty much most of it. Or, if there has to be
>one I think it was Crichton's line one.

I think "you've got to be kidding me" pretty much summed it up for me
:-)

>So, where do we go from here? Aeryn, and 'junior' are gone (off to
>war), D'Argo, Chiana, and Rygel gone somewhere, and Moya, Pilot, Jool
>and weird woman shot down a wormhole. Does that really leave Crichton
>on his own, with no fuel, stranded?

I suspect D'Argo, Chiana and Rygel were still on Moya, weren't they?

>Excellent episode, and it's going to be a long, long wait until
>September.

September? Aargh.

Alison

Mark Myers

Feb 1, 2002, 8:37:03 AM2/1/02
On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:14:00 GMT, Iain Clark wrote ...

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:51:27 +0100, Andrew Wright
> <and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:
>
> >OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
> >was we watched D'Argo on the Sydney waterfront, I kept expecting to see
> >'oward from the Halifax on his bloody swan. Who would have guessed that
> >Rygel would beliver Talyn's eulogy? What the hell did they use to
> >destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?

A weapon from D'Argo's ship.

> I thought it was supposed to be just a dream, right from the start.

What, the whole episode? I'm not sure about that. It's an interesting
thought for when I watch it again though.

> >Big question, who was that old woman. What was the old woman? Shades of
> >SiL and Lorien personally.
> >

> Yes, I was reminded of that too.
>

> >Excellent episode, and it's going to be a long, long wait until
> >September.
> >
> Myself I loved the entire episode: the ongoing dream sequences turning
> sour, the final farewell to Tayln, the crew splitting up, the
> inexplicable strange old lady <g>.

Yes, so did I.

> I loved it all...well, right up to the coin toss. After that...I'm
> still trying to decide. It felt just a tad too contrived to me.

I was thinking (during the Aeryn-John hanger scene) that Aeryn leaving
would be too easy, that they (the two characters) both had the strength
to overcome their grief, and that they should be together, but that's
what *I* want, rather than what they could stomach. Although Aeryn's
decision in the end was balanced on a knife edge.

I also don't think her leaving can be categorised as her going PK. I
think it's more likely that she wants to teach any PKs that she can find
about all the new life skills she has learned.

> Then again I doubt they're going to go any route that I would expect,
> so I remain optimistic.
>
> Overall, that was excellent.

Absolutely. The final twist with the wormhole took me by surprise and I
loved it for that. I'm not exactly sure what I feel about Aeryn being
pregnant, but if it's true it does move the show on.

--
Mark Myers
jahdzia at iname dot com

Niall Harrison

Feb 1, 2002, 9:02:27 AM2/1/02
Previously, on uk.media.tv.sf.farscape - Andrew Wright wrote:

> I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
> "when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
> all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
> learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
> hopes of returning. Or has he?

Hopefully. Althought I did have a vague idea that something along these
lines was coming (gets the ability to go home, discovers that he doesn't
really want it), I still enjoyed the execution of it here. Especially with
his son in the picture, it wouldn't make any sense to me to have Crichton
continue to try to find a way home.

> Zhaan said the Key is to be honest. Has anyone told Buffy?

She thinks she's doing it for her friends, though.

> Line of the week? er, pretty much most of it. Or, if there has to be
> one I think it was Crichton's line one.

Nah. I've gotta go for the 'tiny shiny hiney' line. :-)

Niall

--
Does it take the fireworks to make you look in wonder?

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 10:39:53 AM2/1/02

"Justin Keverne" wrote
> "Ade Vickers" wrote

<snip>

> > That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
> > pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the command
> > carrier is what I want to know?
>
> I think the reason behind that was that it takes a long time to "target"
or
> "charge" or summat, and that's Y Aryen had to distract the other Levithian
> while D'Argo did what had to be done to actually be able to fire...
>
> If they'd tried that with the Command Carrier D'Argo's ship would have
been
> destroyed while he was still waiting to fire...

It seems to me it was more to do with destroying the CC being a change of
plan. What kind of excuse could they have come up with for them all leaving
for Moya all of a sudden?

--
SB

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 10:45:16 AM2/1/02

"Niall Harrison wrote

> Andrew Wright wrote:
>
> > I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
> > "when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
> > all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
> > learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
> > hopes of returning. Or has he?
>
> Hopefully. Althought I did have a vague idea that something along these
> lines was coming (gets the ability to go home, discovers that he doesn't
> really want it), I still enjoyed the execution of it here. Especially with
> his son in the picture, it wouldn't make any sense to me to have Crichton
> continue to try to find a way home.

Son? Jumping to conclusions there I think.

--
SB

Andrew Hogg

Feb 1, 2002, 11:06:56 AM2/1/02

"Ade Vickers" <javi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Andrew Wright wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:> > What the hell did they

use to
> > destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a wormhole, a starburst?
>
> That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
> pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the command
> carrier is what I want to know?

Perhaps it only works on living matter. An anti-Leviathan weapon?

--
Andrew Hogg

Ade Vickers

Feb 1, 2002, 11:33:37 AM2/1/02
Andrew Hogg wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:

Unlikely, seeing as it's a Luxon ship. It'd be more likely to be a PK-
basher than a Leviathan basher...

I think Steve's suggestion works: The "kill the ship" plan was a last-
minute "oops, our other plan's failed" plan.

Nick

Feb 1, 2002, 12:34:41 PM2/1/02
Alison wrote:

Also, command carriers have shields, leviathans do not.

Andrew Hogg

Feb 1, 2002, 1:24:11 PM2/1/02

> Andrew Hogg wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:
> >
> > "Ade Vickers" <javi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Andrew Wright wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:> > What the hell did
they
> > use to
> > >
> > > That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
> > > pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the
command
> > > carrier is what I want to know?
> > >
> > Perhaps it only works on living matter. An anti-Leviathan weapon?
> >

> Unlikely, seeing as it's a Luxon ship. It'd be more likely to be a PK-
> basher than a Leviathan basher...

True. There's probably not a lot of call for utterly vaporising traders.

--
Andrew Hogg

Trouble

Feb 1, 2002, 1:32:50 PM2/1/02
Ade Vickers wrote:

>> What the hell did they use to destroy the 'rogue' leviathan, a
>> wormhole, a starburst?

> That weird weapon thing from D'Argo's ship. NFC what it is, but it was
> pretty damn impressive... How come it couldn't have chomped the command
> carrier is what I want to know?

Because 50,000 people would have one 3 microts to get clear of it ; )

not the half an arn they needed...

--
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts

Thinkum

Feb 1, 2002, 1:50:11 PM2/1/02
Niall Harrison wrote:
> Andrew Wright wrote:
>>
>> I guess Crichton isn't going home afterall. I liked the line about
>> "when I was a kid all I dreamt of was outer space, now that I am here
>> all I dream about is Earth." Remember John, it's never too late to
>> learn, and maybe now we close another chapter, now he has abandoned all
>> hopes of returning. Or has he?
>
> Hopefully. Althought I did have a vague idea that something along these
> lines was coming (gets the ability to go home, discovers that he doesn't
> really want it), I still enjoyed the execution of it here. Especially with
> his son in the picture, it wouldn't make any sense to me to have Crichton
> continue to try to find a way home.

It's weird, but I've thought since season one that when John eventually found
a way home (and I had only mild doubt that he would), he wouldn't take it,
out of fear that he might lead the PK there. I figured he'd hang out in the
UT, sending back intelligence reports and scientific data to Earth, maybe
getting to talk to folks (like his dad) via some sort of wormhole
transmission.

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

"You're very wise." "I don't get out much, so I read."

Iain Clark

Feb 1, 2002, 1:56:11 PM2/1/02
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:37:03 -0000, spam...@see.sig (Mark Myers)
wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:14:00 GMT, Iain Clark wrote ...
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:51:27 +0100, Andrew Wright
>> <and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:
>>
>> >OK, so I guessed the 'views' of Earth were just a 'dream' (again!), but
>>

>> I thought it was supposed to be just a dream, right from the start.
>
>What, the whole episode? I'm not sure about that. It's an interesting
>thought for when I watch it again though.

No, I was meaning just the "wedding" sequences.

>I was thinking (during the Aeryn-John hanger scene) that Aeryn leaving
>would be too easy, that they (the two characters) both had the strength
>to overcome their grief, and that they should be together, but that's
>what *I* want, rather than what they could stomach. Although Aeryn's
>decision in the end was balanced on a knife edge.

That was my feeling - that it's the easy, conventional way out to
separate them and not deal with their relationship. Still they've
dealt with things fairly effectively so far - I'll give them the
benefit of the doubt.

>> Overall, that was excellent.
>
>Absolutely. The final twist with the wormhole took me by surprise and I
>loved it for that. I'm not exactly sure what I feel about Aeryn being
>pregnant, but if it's true it does move the show on.

It does, and I trust them not to do it in a soapy way, but it's a bit
of a cliche. Still, as you say it may not even be true. Harvey was
only reporting what the old woman said.

There's also the possibility that Aeryn may not know, although it
doesn't seem likely.

Iain Clark

Feb 1, 2002, 2:19:21 PM2/1/02
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 00:05:50 +0000, dead...@mac.com (Dan Kelly) wrote:

>Andrew Wright <and...@stardock.u-net.com> wrote:

>> Well, those of us who wanted something seriously weird look like they
>> got their wish. I mean, D'Argo in a tux? Second only to Chiana in a
>> blue dress. I'm not too sure about Pilot at the wedding reception
>> though. And we do get to see what the PKs arriving on Earth would be.
>> Shades of Blakes 7 again. As yet another season ends with Aeryn dying.
>
>Johns fear that the two things he want most - his friends and earth -
>was really nicely shown through all this - however I'm not too sure
>about all the "See the truth" things. All the dreams were broadly
>similar.

I disagree. The early dreams were happy and positive. Only after the
Strange Old Woman's pixie dust did they take a turn for the darker and
more realistic. She took away his capacity for self-delusion in his
dream marriage scenario.

mary_...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Feb 1, 2002, 2:20:41 PM2/1/02
In article <a3e75j$34p$5...@news.ox.ac.uk>,
s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk (Niall Harrison) wrote:

[...]

> Especially with
> his son in the picture,

'Scuse me?

Mary

Mark Blunden

Feb 1, 2002, 12:59:53 PM2/1/02
"Steve Brooks" <IDontHave...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

There's also the matter of the Sebacean crew - how many was it, 50,000? I
doubt whether D'Argo's ship's weapon would have given them half an hour to
evacuate.

--
Mark.
mark.b...@ntlworld.com

* Oh, drat. That means I'm gonna miss the Meaning and Purpose of Life

Iain Clark

Feb 1, 2002, 2:49:52 PM2/1/02

Obviously all unexpected pregnancies of main characters on TV shows
are boys. Don't you know anything? <g>

Actually I can only think of two examples - Troi's little boy in TNG,
and Robin's little girl in V. So that instantly cancels out that
theory...

I think there'd be some good drama out of John having a son, which we
know he wants from LATP. Equally there would be strong drama form
Aeryn having a girl. She didn't have much of a childhood and I liked
her attempt to reach out to the peacekeeper girl on the Command
Carrier.

Nick

Feb 1, 2002, 3:12:30 PM2/1/02
Iain Clark wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:20:41 +0000 (UTC),
> mary_...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>
>>In article <a3e75j$34p$5...@news.ox.ac.uk>, s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk
>>(Niall Harrison) wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> Especially with his son in the picture,
>>
>>'Scuse me?
>>
> Obviously all unexpected pregnancies of main characters on TV shows
> are boys. Don't you know anything? <g>

Don't forget Ross on Friends.

Niall Harrison

Feb 1, 2002, 4:52:20 PM2/1/02

Y'know, I really did mean to type 'child' there. Not sure what happened.

Although having said that, I think it will be a boy.

Niall

--
Burn baby burn.

Mark Blunden

Feb 1, 2002, 5:20:37 PM2/1/02
"Nick" <ni...@snurcher.com> wrote in message

What about Trip on Enterprise? His unexpected pregnancy was a girl.

> Don't forget Ross on Friends.

If only I could...

--
Mark.
mark.b...@ntlworld.com

* Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it
holds the universe together.

Iain Clark

Feb 1, 2002, 5:25:34 PM2/1/02

We should start a sweepstake...

Ade Vickers

Feb 1, 2002, 7:08:04 PM2/1/02
Andrew Hogg wrote in uk.media.tv.sf.farscape:

> True. There's probably not a lot of call for utterly vaporising traders.

Oh, I don't know. There's a few down Tottenham Court Road who could use
vapourising...

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 8:06:50 PM2/1/02

"Thinkum wrote

<snip>

> It's weird, but I've thought since season one that when John eventually
found
> a way home (and I had only mild doubt that he would), he wouldn't take it,
> out of fear that he might lead the PK there. I figured he'd hang out in
the
> UT, sending back intelligence reports and scientific data to Earth, maybe
> getting to talk to folks (like his dad) via some sort of wormhole
> transmission.

That'd be a reasonable compromise.. Or possibly the best of both worlds. I
think John might have little trouble persuading the folks back home it was
really him on the other side of the wormhole. OTOH his messages would
definitely get them to prepare - as best they could - to meet the
neighbours.

--
SB

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 8:11:03 PM2/1/02

"Iain Clark" wrote

> Niall Harrison wrote:
>> Steve Brooks wrote:
> >> "Niall Harrison wrote

Crichton

> >> Son? Jumping to conclusions there I think.
> >
> >Y'know, I really did mean to type 'child' there. Not sure what happened.
> >
> >Although having said that, I think it will be a boy.
> >
> We should start a sweepstake...

That wouldn't really work with only two possibilities.. Unless you know
better.

--
SB

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 8:08:48 PM2/1/02

"Nick" wrote
> Iain Clark wrote:

> > mary_...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> >>(Niall Harrison) wrote:

> >>[...]
> >>
> >>'Scuse me?
> >>
> > Obviously all unexpected pregnancies of main characters on TV shows
> > are boys. Don't you know anything? <g>
>
> Don't forget Ross on Friends.

Ross is pregnant??

--
SB

Steve Brooks

Feb 1, 2002, 8:02:47 PM2/1/02

"Andrew Hogg" wrote

<snip>

> True. There's probably not a lot of call for utterly vaporising traders.

You've never read 'Which' then..

--
SB

Nick

Feb 1, 2002, 8:28:28 PM2/1/02
Steve Brooks wrote:

Yes, Morrison is the father.

Iain Clark

Feb 1, 2002, 9:21:49 PM2/1/02

We can add other things... how much it will weigh, when it will be
born, how quickly it will grow, what age it will be when it first uses
the word "frell", at what stage it will turn out to have a natural
talent for creating wormholes out of baby food, how often it will
miraculously survive death...

... you know, the usual.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 12:13:04 AM2/2/02
Steve Brooks wrote:

I'll take the third possibility and say none.

--
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it.
-Jules Renard

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 12:14:22 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

Why is that weird? Farscape is about a human in the UT. If it wasn't
Crichton who would it be?

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 12:15:52 AM2/2/02
Iain Clark wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:20:41 +0000 (UTC),
> mary_...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>
>>In article <a3e75j$34p$5...@news.ox.ac.uk>, s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk
>>(Niall Harrison) wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> Especially with his son in the picture,
>>
>>'Scuse me?
>>
> Obviously all unexpected pregnancies of main characters on TV shows
> are boys. Don't you know anything? <g>
>
> Actually I can only think of two examples - Troi's little boy in TNG,
> and Robin's little girl in V. So that instantly cancels out that
> theory...

don't know where you all are in the season. possible spoilers for angel
ahead

what about Angels son?

Mark Morrison

Feb 2, 2002, 5:37:43 AM2/2/02

He said anal was safe !

--

Bunnies aren't cute like everybody supposes !
And what's with all the carrots ?

Niall Harrison

Feb 2, 2002, 7:23:38 AM2/2/02

lol. Possibly. I dunno, though, I can't really visualise a little girl
being bounced on Crichton's knee, whereas I can see him and John Jr
playing in a father-son baseball tournament.

Plus, If it's a boy, D'Argo can dispense sagely parenting advice. :-)

Niall

--
Happiness is...a big purple tennis ball.

Mark Blunden

Feb 2, 2002, 6:04:18 AM2/2/02
"catherine" <casumme...@velocityhsi.com> wrote in message

Yes, but if this was Trek, John wouldn't have found a way home until the
final episode. With Farscape, they manage to resolve the "just trying to
find a way home" aspect, and then move on. Which is routine by Farscape's
standard, but weird by that of most other SF series.

--
Mark.
mark.b...@ntlworld.com

* Never tangle with anything that's got more teeth than the entire Osmond
family

Niall Harrison

Feb 2, 2002, 7:26:23 AM2/2/02
Previously, on uk.media.tv.sf.farscape - catherine wrote:
> Iain Clark wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:20:41 +0000 (UTC),
>> mary_...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>>>In article <a3e75j$34p$5...@news.ox.ac.uk>, s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk
>>>(Niall Harrison) wrote:
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>'Scuse me?
>>>
>> Obviously all unexpected pregnancies of main characters on TV shows
>> are boys. Don't you know anything? <g>
>>
>> Actually I can only think of two examples - Troi's little boy in TNG,
>> and Robin's little girl in V. So that instantly cancels out that
>> theory...
>
> don't know where you all are in the season. possible spoilers for angel
> ahead

Sky just aired 3x03. So this is still a big whopping spoiler for most
people.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
> what about Angels son?

That's probably why I ended up typing 'son' instead of 'child' elsewhere.
:-/

There's also Scully's baby in _The X-Files_, although all I know about
that is that she's been pregnant. I have no idea if the progeny was boy,
girl, or thing.

Niall

--
I want a pistol in my hand
I wanna go to another land.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 8:01:21 AM2/2/02
Niall Harrison wrote:

maybe it's a way for BB to spend more time with one of his children.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 8:04:09 AM2/2/02
Mark Blunden wrote:

ah, yeah. I agree with that. But in ST they wander through the universe
never really being affected by it. It hasn't been that way for Crichton,
although in DWTB, I think he was hinting at wishing the former approach
with his speech about space. There are amazing potshots taken at ST all of
the time in FS. Some are very subtle.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 8:05:02 AM2/2/02
Niall Harrison wrote:

do you want to know?

Niall Harrison

Feb 2, 2002, 8:13:01 AM2/2/02
> do you want to know?

OK, go ahead. I'm not a huge _X-Files_ fan any more, and I'm intrigued.

Niall

--
Honesty is a beautiful lie
People say what they will to get by.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 8:23:11 AM2/2/02
Niall Harrison wrote:

well it was a boy and it somehow belonged to mulder. it seems that mulder
and scully did an ai thing, but that didn't work, so it was difficult to
figure out where it came from. speculation seemed to point to the normal
method...
talk about jumping the shark. it made no sense in the typical xfiles
fashion.

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 9:28:39 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:
> Thinkum wrote:
>> Niall Harrison wrote:
>>>
>>> [...] Althought I did have a vague idea that something along

>>> these lines was coming (gets the ability to go home, discovers that he
>>> doesn't really want it), I still enjoyed the execution of it here.
>>> Especially with his son in the picture, it wouldn't make any sense to
>>> me to have Crichton continue to try to find a way home.
>>
>> It's weird, but I've thought since season one that when John eventually
>> found a way home (and I had only mild doubt that he would), he wouldn't
>> take it, out of fear that he might lead the PK there. I figured he'd
>> hang out in the UT, sending back intelligence reports and scientific
>> data to Earth, maybe getting to talk to folks (like his dad) via some
>> sort of wormhole transmission.
>
> Why is that weird? Farscape is about a human in the UT. If it wasn't
> Crichton who would it be?

No, I meant it's weird that I might actually have guessed something right,
that far ahead of time. I never guess right. <g>

--
Thinkum
http://www.snurcher.com/

"You're very wise." "I don't get out much, so I read."

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 9:40:49 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

Ah, I see. I never guess. Well not really. I don't have a very good
success ratio with farscape. It's somewhat unpredictable.

No one has mentioned D'argo saying "revenge is a dish best served
immediately" <I think I got that right> I thought that was humorous.

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 9:49:09 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:

> No one has mentioned D'argo saying "revenge is a dish best served
> immediately" <I think I got that right> I thought that was humorous.

I thought it was hysterical -- I just got so overwhelmed with all the stuff
that came after that, that I totally forgot about it until you just mentioned
it.

I have not watched 322 a second time yet. I think I need to wait until Fred
is here, so that he can comfort me when I am again reduced to gibbering.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 9:52:34 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

> catherine wrote:
>>
>> No one has mentioned D'argo saying "revenge is a dish best served
>> immediately" <I think I got that right> I thought that was humorous.
>
> I thought it was hysterical -- I just got so overwhelmed with all the
> stuff that came after that, that I totally forgot about it until you
> just mentioned it.
>
> I have not watched 322 a second time yet. I think I need to wait until
> Fred is here, so that he can comfort me when I am again reduced to
> gibbering.

only gibbering? I cry when aeryn cries, I cry when crichton cries.... it's
absolutely pathetic. I don't think I've actually seen the last half of the
ep. I just keep crying through it.

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 9:57:16 AM2/2/02

It was just faster to say "gibbering" than "spluttering, yelling, cursing,
whimpering, wailing, screaming, weeping, and hopping up and down in torment."

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 10:19:31 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

um, lets see:
SYCWWSWHUADIT
lets add it to the faq

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 10:22:57 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:
> Thinkum wrote:
>> catherine wrote:

>>> only gibbering? I cry when aeryn cries, I cry when crichton cries....
>>> it's absolutely pathetic. I don't think I've actually seen the last
>>> half of the ep. I just keep crying through it.
>>
>> It was just faster to say "gibbering" than "spluttering, yelling,
>> cursing, whimpering, wailing, screaming, weeping, and hopping up and
>> down in torment."
>
> um, lets see:
> SYCWWSWHUADIT
> lets add it to the faq

Not until you figure out how to pronounce it. ;-)

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 10:29:26 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

> catherine wrote:
>> Thinkum wrote:

>>> It was just faster to say "gibbering" than "spluttering, yelling,
>>> cursing, whimpering, wailing, screaming, weeping, and hopping up and
>>> down in torment."
>>
>> um, lets see:
>> SYCWWSWHUADIT
>> lets add it to the faq
>
> Not until you figure out how to pronounce it. ;-)

psych-waas-who-a-dit

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 10:34:00 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:
> Thinkum wrote:
>> catherine wrote:

>>> um, lets see:
>>> SYCWWSWHUADIT
>>> lets add it to the faq
>>
>> Not until you figure out how to pronounce it. ;-)
>
> psych-waas-who-a-dit

I like it.

Broughps

Feb 2, 2002, 10:46:12 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:
>catherine wrote:
>> Thinkum wrote:

>>> I have not watched 322 a second time yet. I think I need to wait until
>>> Fred is here, so that he can comfort me when I am again reduced to
>>> gibbering.

>> only gibbering? I cry when aeryn cries, I cry when crichton cries.... it's
>> absolutely pathetic. I don't think I've actually seen the last half of the
>> ep. I just keep crying through it.

>It was just faster to say "gibbering" than "spluttering, yelling, cursing,
>whimpering, wailing, screaming, weeping, and hopping up and down in torment."

I haven't gotten to see it yet. Am I going to be crying more than when Talyn
John died?

Penni

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 10:50:37 AM2/2/02

Hmmm. Well, I cried buckets when John(T) died, but that was pretty much pure
grief. This one is so packed with so many different things to react to, that
it's hard to compare. You will cry, but not as much as at John(T)'s death.
On the other hand, you will be screaming a lot more at the end of this one.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 10:51:41 AM2/2/02
Broughps wrote:

um, it was shorter term when c/t died. Just the tag. YMMV

Broughps

Feb 2, 2002, 10:57:25 AM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:
>Broughps wrote:

>> I haven't gotten to see it yet. Am I going to be crying more than when Talyn
>> John died?

>Hmmm. Well, I cried buckets when John(T) died, but that was pretty much pure
>grief. This one is so packed with so many different things to react to, that
>it's hard to compare. You will cry, but not as much as at John(T)'s death.
>On the other hand, you will be screaming a lot more at the end of this one.

I can't wait to see it if only to see how well you've gotten to know my
personality. <g> And you're probably right.

Penni

Broughps

Feb 2, 2002, 11:01:57 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:
>Broughps wrote:

>> I haven't gotten to see it yet. Am I going to be crying more than when
>> Talyn John died?

>um, it was shorter term when c/t died. Just the tag. YMMV

I actually sobbed when Talyn John died. I am not given to sobbing over a tv
character. The occasional tear but not full blown sobbing. Actually I'm not
given to sobbing over anything. Which made it very weird when sobbing for Aeryn
when John died.

Penni

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 11:06:28 AM2/2/02

Yeah. What Penni said.

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 11:11:36 AM2/2/02
Broughps wrote:

Oh me too. I started when Aeryn found out what happened to him. I am
given to movie sobbing. I have no idea why. I'm not much of a sobber in
RL. But I can't remember the last time I sobbed about something on
television - outside of farscape that is.

Tim Weaver

Feb 2, 2002, 11:24:04 AM2/2/02
catherine wrote:

Women!!! Emotional piles of goo. All of you.

--
Tim Weaver
"HTTP 404 - Sig File not found"

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."
++Stolen from Gizkard++

Christa Jonkergouw

Feb 2, 2002, 12:13:53 PM2/2/02
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 10:34:00 -0500 tikte dan wel citeerde Thinkum:

Especially the psych part!
I'd go for psych-shoe-a-dit actually. But I guess that's my accent.

--
Christa

If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing

Scott Andrews

Feb 2, 2002, 1:51:42 PM2/2/02

Trust No1 explained that it was Mulder's baby, and it was concieved the good
ol' fashioned way. She took Mulder to bed and they're now exchanging love
emails. Aaah. Why or how it turned out to be a hybrid/supersoldier remains
unexplained. And irritating beyond words.

--
Scott
http://www.sixesandsevens.net/

John Cholewa

Feb 2, 2002, 2:06:21 PM2/2/02
SPOILER SPACE
.
.
.
.
Justin Keverne wrote:

>Although I managed to see the Episode in it's Entirity, I'm still not sure
>where D'Argo, Chiana and Rygel have gone. Was that explained at the end of
>the Episode? Because at that point I was d'loading the Msg from here and may
>have miss some of what happened, about 30 seconds...

Nothing was explained at the end of the episode. At the end of the
episode, John suddenly and for little reason comes to believe that Aeryn
is pregnant (not by him, but by John Crichton), then a random wormhole
(!) seems to open and Moya gets sucked in.

>As for the three-eyed old woman, from wot I could tell she was a prisionor
>onboard the Command Carrier, who John choose to rescue from the debris (at
>least that's the way I remember it being explained)...

The triclops *claimed* that she was a prisoner that stayed behind when
they others left Moya, but....
(A) she produced no evidence with this
(B) John didn't believe her story
(C) I mean, this isn't Star Trek or anything, but don't you think that
Pilot could count the number of people who enter Moya versus the number
of people who leave her?

-JC
http://www.jc-news.com/

Nick

Feb 2, 2002, 4:36:45 PM2/2/02
Thinkum wrote:

> catherine wrote:
>>
>> No one has mentioned D'argo saying "revenge is a dish best served
>> immediately" <I think I got that right> I thought that was humorous.
>
> I thought it was hysterical -- I just got so overwhelmed with all the
> stuff that came after that, that I totally forgot about it until you
> just mentioned it.
>
> I have not watched 322 a second time yet. I think I need to wait
> until Fred is here, so that he can comfort me when I am again reduced
> to gibbering.

I will try to hurry.

Nick

Feb 2, 2002, 4:38:05 PM2/2/02
catherine wrote:

I never knew you were that much of a total pansy.

Tim Weaver

Feb 2, 2002, 4:57:37 PM2/2/02
Nick wrote:

Neither did I. The next time you start to cry just think of Talyn's
final starburst on-board the command carrier. Lani's excellent acting
and cool graphics. That'll drive those pesky tears away.

Nick

Feb 2, 2002, 5:23:52 PM2/2/02
John Cholewa wrote:

So, am I a biclops?

Thinkum

Feb 2, 2002, 6:04:33 PM2/2/02

Sorry, but you cannot have Fred. I saw him first.

Gareth Kitchener

Feb 2, 2002, 6:41:15 PM2/2/02
On 2 Feb 2002 22:23:52 GMT, Nick <ni...@snurcher.com> wrote:

>> The triclops *claimed* that she was a prisoner that stayed behind when
>
>So, am I a biclops?

You tell us. You may have 3 eyes for all we know.

--
Gareth Kitchener
Bedfordshire, England

catherine

Feb 2, 2002, 7:06:34 PM2/2/02
Nick wrote:

sometimes. but enough about me. let's talk about you...

Nick

Feb 2, 2002, 9:51:32 PM2/2/02
catherine wrote:

I am a pansy for totally different reasons.

Andrew Wright

Feb 3, 2002, 1:59:04 AM2/3/02
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 2:11:03 +0100, Steve Brooks wrote
(in message <a3ff46$184d0j$1...@ID-109455.news.dfncis.de>):

> That wouldn't really work with only two possibilities.. Unless you know
> better.

Twins. One of each.

Andrew

--
Andrew Wright <*> and...@stardock.u-net.com

Lee Kelly

Feb 3, 2002, 9:05:24 PM2/3/02
Niall Harrison <s...@tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
<snip>
> Plus, If it's a boy, D'Argo can dispense sagely parenting advice. :-)

What? Like, "check out my ex-girlfriend, she's hot?" 8)

Lee Kelly

Feb 3, 2002, 9:10:17 PM2/3/02
Tim Weaver <twea...@home.com> wrote in message

> catherine wrote:
> > Broughps wrote:

> >> I actually sobbed when Talyn John died. I am not given to sobbing
> >> over a tv character. The occasional tear but not full blown
> >> sobbing. Actually I'm not given to sobbing over anything. Which
> >> made it very weird when sobbing for Aeryn when John died.
> >>

> > Oh me too. I started when Aeryn found out what happened to him. I
> > am given to movie sobbing. I have no idea why. I'm not much of a
> > sobber in RL. But I can't remember the last time I sobbed about
> > something on television - outside of farscape that is.

Indeed. Although DS9 "The Visitor" and B5 "Sleeping in Light" got me going.
. .

Lee Kelly

Feb 3, 2002, 9:12:17 PM2/3/02
Mark Morrison <mark.mo...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On 2 Feb 2002 01:28:28 GMT, Nick <ni...@snurcher.com> wrote:
> >Steve Brooks wrote:
> >> "Nick" wrote

> >> Ross is pregnant??
> >>

> >Yes, Morrison is the father.
>
> He said anal was safe !

Dude, you believed a PALEONTOLOGIST?

Lee Kelly

Feb 3, 2002, 9:17:53 PM2/3/02
John Cholewa <profession...@jc-news.com> wrote in message

Exactly! No-one knew who she was, which says no-one had let her on board
(either as part of an escape pod complement, or letting her stay on
afterwards). No-one bothered to really wonder who she was. Perhaps she's The
Key. In Triclops-alien form.

And, 50,000 people have just abandoned ship and are mostly armed and
unhappy. Moya's crewq stop to rescue one pod that doesn't have any such
individuals on board, just unguarded prisoners?

Christa Jonkergouw

Feb 3, 2002, 11:44:51 PM2/3/02
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:17:53 -0000 tikte dan wel citeerde Lee Kelly:

>> The triclops *claimed* that she was a prisoner that stayed behind when
>> they others left Moya, but....
>> (A) she produced no evidence with this
>> (B) John didn't believe her story
>> (C) I mean, this isn't Star Trek or anything, but don't you think that
>> Pilot could count the number of people who enter Moya versus the number
>> of people who leave her?
>
>Exactly! No-one knew who she was, which says no-one had let her on board
>(either as part of an escape pod complement, or letting her stay on
>afterwards). No-one bothered to really wonder who she was. Perhaps she's The
>Key. In Triclops-alien form.
>
>And, 50,000 people have just abandoned ship and are mostly armed and
>unhappy. Moya's crewq stop to rescue one pod that doesn't have any such
>individuals on board, just unguarded prisoners?

I don't think it would have been wise to rescue any others. Best leave
it to Commander Servalan to rescue.

Trouble

Feb 4, 2002, 12:30:04 AM2/4/02
Christa Jonkergouw wrote:

Well just like people pointed out that there were other injured Leviathans
in 322 near the graveyeard to pick up John, there were other ships besides
the Command Carrier in the fleet, lots of them could pick up life pods, I'm
not sure that picking up prisoners would be their first priority, nor that
of Commandant Cleavage, so if they were going to live at all, Moya would
have had to pick them up. Of course we didn't see them pick up Talyn's
bits and piece, but they did...

--
Knowledge is power
Power corrupts

Lee Kelly

Feb 4, 2002, 1:57:00 PM2/4/02
Trouble <tro...@tekfactory.com> wrote in message

No, no, no - the point is, how did they know to pick up that one pod and not
any others? Did it have an official PK "only prisoners in this pod, so pick
up last" beacon?

Iain Clark

Feb 4, 2002, 2:42:22 PM2/4/02
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:10:17 -0000, "Lee Kelly" <ussc...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Yes, B5 got me twice - Interludes and Examinations, and Sleeping in
Light. DS9 didn't quite, but NYPD Blue got me as well.

But I'm a sucker for loved-ones dying on screen, so if a show pushes
the right buttons I'm more or less gone :-)

Iain
--
"Signs, portents, dreams...next thing
we'll be reading tea leaves and chicken entrails."

William McNee

Feb 4, 2002, 2:42:31 PM2/4/02
In article <1012788631.22298....@news.demon.co.uk>,
Lee Kelly <ussc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<sobbing over TV series>

> Indeed. Although DS9 "The Visitor" and B5 "Sleeping in Light" got me going.

Well, certainly 'SiL' almost made me shed a tear. I certainly had a lump
in my throat, and I have never felt that way over any other TV show.
Except, of course, crying over the disappoinment when watching 'Battlestar
Galactica'...:-)

William

--
w-m...@argonet.co.uk
West Lothian, Scotland

162MB SARPC 20GBHD RISC OS 4.02
ICQ 94677008

Dan Kelly

Feb 4, 2002, 4:25:38 PM2/4/02
William McNee <w-m...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <1012788631.22298....@news.demon.co.uk>,
> Lee Kelly <ussc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> <sobbing over TV series>
>
> > Indeed. Although DS9 "The Visitor" and B5 "Sleeping in Light" got me going.
>
> Well, certainly 'SiL' almost made me shed a tear. I certainly had a lump
> in my throat, and I have never felt that way over any other TV show.
> Except, of course, crying over the disappoinment when watching 'Battlestar
> Galactica'...:-)

Sleeping in Light got me twice, the first time I was blaming it on the
music, the second time I realised that the whole scene was silent until
after I was welling up

#DL

--
Apple does not recommend allowing an elephant
to operate a Mac in any environment. July 2000

Trouble

Feb 4, 2002, 4:53:37 PM2/4/02
Lee Kelly wrote:

> Trouble wrote
>> Christa Jonkergouw wrote:
>> > Lee Kelly:

>> > I don't think it would have been wise to rescue any others. Best
>> > leave it to Commander Servalan to rescue.

>> Well just like people pointed out that there were other injured
>> Leviathans in 322 near the graveyeard to pick up John, there were
>> other ships besides the Command Carrier in the fleet, lots of them
>> could pick up life pods, I'm not sure that picking up prisoners would
>> be their first priority, nor that of Commandant Cleavage, so if they
>> were going to live at all, Moya would have had to pick them up. Of
>> course we didn't see them pick up Talyn's bits and piece, but they
>> did...

> No, no, no - the point is, how did they know to pick up that one pod
> and not any others? Did it have an official PK "only prisoners in this
> pod, so pick up last" beacon?

Probably some emergency comm unit there to say hey "rescue us"
and when they heard some Haggard old crone that didn't say
code "magic number, velkar, time of day" they were let on
board...

--
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts

InsAnimal

Feb 4, 2002, 5:38:22 PM2/4/02

"Dan Kelly" <dead...@mac.com> wrote in message

> William McNee <w-m...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <1012788631.22298....@news.demon.co.uk>,
> > Lee Kelly <ussc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > <sobbing over TV series>
> >
> > > Indeed. Although DS9 "The Visitor" and B5 "Sleeping in Light" got me
going.

> > Well, certainly 'SiL' almost made me shed a tear. I certainly had a lump
> > in my throat, and I have never felt that way over any other TV show.
> > Except, of course, crying over the disappoinment when watching
'Battlestar
> > Galactica'...:-)
>
> Sleeping in Light got me twice, the first time I was blaming it on the
> music, the second time I realised that the whole scene was silent until
> after I was welling up

I for one blub like a baby all the way through Sleeping In Light every time
I see it...

*sob*

Cheers,
InsAnimal
--
In the good old days, Moya used to Opal Fruit out of danger.
insa...@hotmail.com

Dan Kelly

Feb 4, 2002, 6:53:53 PM2/4/02
InsAnimal <insa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Dan Kelly" <dead...@mac.com> wrote in message
> > William McNee <w-m...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <1012788631.22298....@news.demon.co.uk>,
> > > Lee Kelly <ussc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > <sobbing over TV series>

> going.
> > >
> > > Well, certainly 'SiL' almost made me shed a tear. I certainly had a lump
> > > in my throat, and I have never felt that way over any other TV show.
> > > Except, of course, crying over the disappoinment when watching
> 'Battlestar
> > > Galactica'...:-)
> >
> > Sleeping in Light got me twice, the first time I was blaming it on the
> > music, the second time I realised that the whole scene was silent until
> > after I was welling up
>
> I for one blub like a baby all the way through Sleeping In Light every time
> I see it...
>
> *sob*

I even blub if I listen to the soundtrack... as a result I've listened
to the soundtrack about 3 times and watched the realthing about 3/4
times... same sorta deal as I said for Star Wars - don't like to spoil
the effect

Lee Kelly

Feb 4, 2002, 8:38:07 PM2/4/02

> InsAnimal <insa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > "Dan Kelly" <dead...@mac.com> wrote in message

> > going.

> > 'Battlestar
> > >
> > > Sleeping in Light got me twice, the first time I was blaming it on the
> > > music, the second time I realised that the whole scene was silent
until
> > > after I was welling up
> >
> > I for one blub like a baby all the way through Sleeping In Light every
time
> > I see it...

Ditto.

> > *sob*
> >
> I even blub if I listen to the soundtrack... as a result I've listened
> to the soundtrack about 3 times and watched the realthing about 3/4
> times... same sorta deal as I said for Star Wars - don't like to spoil
> the effect

Again, the soundtrack gets me going too.

Lee Kelly

Feb 4, 2002, 8:39:29 PM2/4/02
Iain Clark <ia...@dragonhaven.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> Yes, B5 got me twice - Interludes and Examinations, and Sleeping in
> Light. DS9 didn't quite, but NYPD Blue got me as well.
>
> But I'm a sucker for loved-ones dying on screen, so if a show pushes
> the right buttons I'm more or less gone :-)

NYPD Blue, that whole Simone ep, was very powerful but it left me more
drained than anything. Although that dream-sequence at the end with all the
gang standing in the background was very powerful.

Christa Jonkergouw

Feb 5, 2002, 12:06:20 AM2/5/02
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:57:00 -0000 tikte dan wel citeerde Lee Kelly:

>No, no, no - the point is, how did they know to pick up that one pod and not
>any others? Did it have an official PK "only prisoners in this pod, so pick
>up last" beacon?

Ah... it had the old lady. Maybe she influenced their decision?

Lee Kelly

Feb 5, 2002, 8:13:15 AM2/5/02
Christa Jonkergouw <christa@news_guy.invalid.com> wrote in message

> Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:57:00 -0000 tikte dan wel citeerde Lee Kelly:
> >
> >No, no, no - the point is, how did they know to pick up that one pod and
not
> >any others? Did it have an official PK "only prisoners in this pod, so
pick
> >up last" beacon?
>
> Ah... it had the old lady. Maybe she influenced their decision?

Exactly. So what else could she be influencing, and why?

You see, I'm not buying her explanation. I don't however think it's Maldis,
as a villain he was so useless he made Crais look effective ("you killed my
brother!" "It was an accident!" "I don't care!" ad infinitum).