Neighbours playing music in their cars!

john

Mar 28, 2002, 12:00:58 PM3/28/02
I've posted on here before, but we are hoping a new post will give us
some new advice.
New neighbours have moved into our street. They (repair) and play
(VERY)loud music from their cars all day long ... they have six cars
at present. We've had this now for several weeks. The sunny weather as
escalted the problem ... all last night, all today ... it's been thud,
thud, through our walls. The noise is starting to make me ill!
I've phoned the police twice ... both times they never came. Other
neighbours have asked them in person ... it makes no difference.
What can I do to stop this? The neighbours have had enough also.
In desperation, please help!!!

.

Mar 28, 2002, 12:26:07 PM3/28/02

Are you a local authority tenant? If so complain to your council
landlord. If not then give them some back. I have a friend who had
similar problems with a noisy neighbour. I couldnt decide whether she
just didnt give a toss or whether she genuinly didnt realise how much
her hi fi penetrated the walls. One night she had had an all night
party with music at varying volumes. About 0800 hrs Sunday morning she
decided enough was enough and turned it off and went to bed. I then
got up,put some big speakers inside some built in cupboards which back
onto the dividing wall upstairs and put some heavy meteal on and shut
the cupboard doors. I played it loud n proud for hours and best of
all,i could hardly hear it cos the speakers were in the cupboard!!.
What bliss. since then she has been a lot lot quieter..

Also consider the purchase of a CB radio and a power amplifier.

I used this cure on another friends noisy neighbour. She fired up with
her moosic,i fired up with the radio transciever using an internal
antenna and a power amplifier of about 100watts,,highly illegal but ok
for a short term solution.

So much RF energy being released only next door was enough to make her
hi fi squeal and groan very loudly to such a degree that it was
unusable!!,,what joy. When she lowered the volume to a decent level,i
backed off. Youve got to fight fire with fire,,these people are like a
lot of the public today,inconsiderate bastards.

Raju Khagram

Mar 28, 2002, 12:43:39 PM3/28/02
Dear Mr .
I can't wait to read some of the post you are going to get!
Raju

. <noemai...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
=====snip=====

Sp!ke

Mar 28, 2002, 8:16:55 PM3/28/02
> Try your local council's environmental health department. In theory
> they can come out at any time of day or night if there's a serious
> noise nuisance. I daresay if you and your neighbours all arranged to
> phone within a 15-minute period one day then action might be taken.
>
> Dave
> --
> mail dav e...@llondel.org (without the space)
> http://www.llondel.org/
> Logic is what you use when you run out of ideas

My local council has a special department set up for this kind of
thing....only problem being that they are only contactable Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
bloody marvellous huh?

eTOMd

Mar 29, 2002, 3:53:16 AM3/29/02
"john" <Missa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

From the car point of view you could report them to your local council for
running a business from domestic premises.

Steven Brown

Mar 29, 2002, 6:31:53 AM3/29/02
Missa...@hotmail.com (john) wrote in

You are most certainly not alone in this. There are people in my
street who think nothing of having a car stereo on (full volume of
course) while they repair their scrambler bikes! One day last week
there were three scrambler bikes all being 'tuned up' (rev rev rev
rev rev etc). Then of course, they have to test out their bikes...
up and down the street... totally illegal of course... and all the
while their car stereo is blaring out...

I tried my local environmental health dept and all they did was
refer the problem to the highways dept! They suggested phoning the
police... I tried not to laugh TOO much when this suggestion was
made... the police are too busy filling in forms to come out and
deal with a nuisance...

The only solution open to me now is to move. Sorry I can't be of
any help with your problem. :o/

--
Steven Brown
http://www.trailofdead.com/

Message has been deleted

bryher

Mar 29, 2002, 5:06:43 PM3/29/02
You could try the wee ruse played recently by someone who was having his
shed burgled in in the middle of the night. He called the police - they
said they had no-one available. After a while he rang them back and said
not to worry - he had shot both burglars. Within minutes, half a dozen
squad cars with armed police, followed by a helicopter overhead were on the
scene and caught the burglars red handed. The officer said ' I thought you
said you'd shot them?' Our hero retorted ' I thought you said no-one was
available?'... :o)