Leon Brittan Died

Judith

Jan 22, 2015, 9:52:02 AM1/22/15

Now the child abuse enquiry can get under way properly - they must have known
he was ill and was waiting for him to peg it.

Looking forward to the disclosures in the press.

Message has been deleted

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 10:03:34 AM1/22/15
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816508/Are-vile-paedophile-allegations-against-Leon-Brittan-sinister-MI5-smear-plot-Labour-MP-uses-Commons-privilege-link-Tory-abuse.html

Now's the time to supply links to all the stories about Brittan. My
guess is that they are wholly without foundation. Maybe I'll be surprised.

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 10:04:12 AM1/22/15
On 22/1/15 14:57, Jethro_uk wrote:
> No. Now what will happen, is that mysteriously, all roads will lead to a
> dead man. Who can't answer the key questions.
>
> One wonders how natural the death was ?

You don't think he was buggered to death, do you? That would be cruel
and unusual.

Judith

Jan 22, 2015, 10:05:23 AM1/22/15
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:57:31 +0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:51:55 +0000, Judith wrote:
>
>No. Now what will happen, is that mysteriously, all roads will lead to a
>dead man. Who can't answer the key questions.
>
>One wonders how natural the death was ?

I hope that there is no concept of burying evidence.

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 10:07:30 AM1/22/15
The first port of call should surely be Esther Rantzen. Perhaps she'll
say "oh, we all knew about Leon but we felt powerless to act, or even to
speak. Still, I did set up a telephone support line".

Richard McKenzie

Jan 22, 2015, 10:07:34 AM1/22/15
Was he known to go to a certain celebs party
and partake in their swimming pool game.

Judith

Jan 22, 2015, 10:44:13 AM1/22/15
Do you genuinely think that?
I realise that there is no clear evidence that he did anything - but there are
certainly all sorts of implications.

David D S

Jan 22, 2015, 11:11:03 AM1/22/15
There were widespread rumours about him at one point when he
was a cabinet member. I recall them quite clearly because some of
my more distinguished academic colleagues were quite surprising
because of the extent to which they believed the stories. Although
I thought he was oleagenous in the extreme (I imagined that if
I was in a room that he walked into, I would imagine an oil slick
pouring in through the door) I thought the allegations were just
that, without any apparent evidence being held by those who
seemed to believe them.

--
David D S: UK and PR China. (Native BrEng speaker)
Use Reply-To header for email. This email address will be

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 11:31:52 AM1/22/15
On 22/1/15 15:44, Judith wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:03:31 +0000, The Todal <deadm...@beeb.net> wrote:
>
>> On 22/1/15 14:51, Judith wrote:
>>>

>>> Now the child abuse enquiry can get under way properly - they must have known
>>> he was ill and was waiting for him to peg it.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to the disclosures in the press.
>>>

>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816508/Are-vile-paedophile-allegations-against-Leon-Brittan-sinister-MI5-smear-plot-Labour-MP-uses-Commons-privilege-link-Tory-abuse.html
>>
>> Now's the time to supply links to all the stories about Brittan. My
>> guess is that they are wholly without foundation. Maybe I'll be surprised.
>

> Do you genuinely think that?

Yes. But that's mainly because I've seen no credible reports and maybe I
haven't read widely enough. Based on the Mail piece I cited, Private Eye
were doubtful about whether the rumours were well founded.

> I realise that there is no clear evidence that he did anything - but there are
> certainly all sorts of implications.

No need to worry about clear evidence - the man is dead, so no risk of
libel. Where are the accounts of his misdeeds? I'm keen to read them. I
certainly don't blindly support any politician and I'd be willing to
believe that Maggie Thatcher had it off with schoolboys if there were
credible allegations, but we all know how much crap there is on the
Internet.

Phi

Jan 22, 2015, 11:42:48 AM1/22/15

"Judith" <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
He was interviewed by police in 2014 about an allegation of
historic rape from the 1960s, it depends how ill he was for
further action.

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 11:45:56 AM1/22/15
It might also depend on whether the police accepted his denial.

I'm still waiting for someone to offer links to any useful material on
the Web, preferably from reliable sources. At the moment the mood seems
to be, if he's rich and important he must be guilty. Unless he's Cliff,
of course. The public mood and his popularity as a person will determine
whether or not he's regarded as a much maligned saint or a devious pervert.

GB

Jan 22, 2015, 11:57:02 AM1/22/15
On 22/01/2015 16:31, The Todal wrote:

> No need to worry about clear evidence - the man is dead, so no risk of
> libel.

Do you know whether there have been any test cases where members of the
deceased's family sue because their reputation is sullied or their
feelings severely hurt by false allegations against a parent?

andy wainwright

Jan 22, 2015, 12:00:53 PM1/22/15
It's all come out already, but people seem to want to see it in the
mainstream media which now bears no resemblence to reality at all.

Best policy is use the lack of publicy to realise the MSM is a joke and
see it as a joke, a pathetic excuse of a joke.

Remember, we now appear to have an economy exported to the East, all
that holds the economy up is a paedophile ring cover up.

I'd rather see kids survive in poverty than be abused by the rich to
keep their economy afloat.

Max Demian

Jan 22, 2015, 12:27:10 PM1/22/15
"Judith" <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
They'd better not bury *Brittan* in case they have to dig him up again, like
'they' want to with Savile.

--
Max Demian

Judith

Jan 22, 2015, 12:32:41 PM1/22/15
On 22 Jan 2015 16:11:00 GMT, "David D S" <inv...@m-invalid.invalid> wrote:

<snip>

>There were widespread rumours about him at one point when he
>was a cabinet member. I recall them quite clearly because some of
>my more distinguished academic colleagues were quite surprising
>because of the extent to which they believed the stories. Although
>I thought he was oleagenous in the extreme (I imagined that if
>I was in a room that he walked into, I would imagine an oil slick
>pouring in through the door) I thought the allegations were just
>that, without any apparent evidence being held by those who
>seemed to believe them.

He had a terrible memory:

Firstly he said that he had no recollection of the Dickens dossier.

Then he remembered he had in fact been handed the dossier by Dickens.

He then claimed that he handed it to his officials in his office and that was
the last that was seen of the papers.

Then he changed his mind again, having remembered (coincidently after proof
emerged) that he had in fact written to Dickens and told him that the dossier
had been analysed and handed to the police.

Most odd that he just could not remember anything that the dossier claimed.

Still no doubt much of the "evidence" will be buried later this week (or
perhaps even burnt)

David D S

Jan 22, 2015, 12:39:36 PM1/22/15
Thw problem is that none of this is evidence that he was involved as
a participant in child sex abuse.

--
David D S: UK and PR China. (Native BrEng speaker)
Use Reply-To header for email. This email address will be
valid for at least 2 weeks from 2015/1/23 1:38:52

The Todal

Jan 22, 2015, 12:44:39 PM1/22/15
I remember hearing David Mellor on LBC Radio a good few months ago. If I
remember correctly, he was the Home Office Minister under Brittan who
was Sec. of State. He had no recollection of any dossier either. He said
that in the Home Office they were inundated with dossiers and reports,
some in green ink, some more credible, and some of them made worrying
allegations, some not. He didn't find it at all surprising that it could
have been lost or misfiled.

Nobody has ever suggested that the Dickens "dossier" contained
allegations of misconduct by Brittan. The notion that he personally
shoved it on the fire or through the shredder is really rather implausible.

David D S

Jan 22, 2015, 12:53:38 PM1/22/15
The Todal wrote:

> [...]
> Nobody has ever suggested that the Dickens "dossier" contained
> allegations of misconduct by Brittan. The notion that he personally
> shoved it on the fire or through the shredder is really rather
> implausible.

Oh, I totally agree. I was pointing out that some of the more lurid
allegations cannot be supported at all with this evidence of mislaying
or misremembering whether some dossier existed or not.

I find the report as given by Private Eye to be rather more plausible,
particularly as it was largely authored by Paul Foot: that Brittan was
the subject of a smear campaign, possibly by MI5.

--
David D S: UK and PR China. (Native BrEng speaker)
Use Reply-To header for email. This email address will be
valid for at least 2 weeks from 2015/1/23 1:50:37

pensive hamster

Jan 22, 2015, 1:40:24 PM1/22/15
On Thursday, 22 January 2015 17:44:39 UTC, The Todal wrote:

> I remember hearing David Mellor on LBC Radio a good few months ago. If I
> remember correctly, he was the Home Office Minister under Brittan who
> was Sec. of State. He had no recollection of any dossier either. He said
> that in the Home Office they were inundated with dossiers and reports,
> some in green ink, some more credible, and some of them made worrying
> allegations, some not. He didn't find it at all surprising that it could
> have been lost or misfiled.

Mellor didn't find it at all surprising that a dossier *from a Conservative
MP, Geoffrey Dickens* could have been lost by the Home Office??

Always losing stuff, are they, the Home Office? Not just green ink
stuff, but dossiers from MPs?

Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch - 'Dossiers go missing, like ...
Oh dear, that was careless of me. Still, not an important dossier,
was it?'

Brian G

Jan 22, 2015, 2:05:34 PM1/22/15
On 22/01/2015 17:32, Judith wrote:

> Still no doubt much of the "evidence" will be buried later this week (or
> perhaps even burnt)

Two of Liverpool's most dangerous gangsters John Haase and Paul Bennett,
were granted a royal pardon in July 1996 on Howard's orders, after
serving only 11 months out of 18 year sentences.
These men were linked to Howard's cousin, Simon Bakerman, who was
released from prison on the day Howard became leader of the Conservative
Party in November 2003.

Paul Pot

Jan 22, 2015, 2:46:54 PM1/22/15
Jethro_uk pretended :
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:51:55 +0000, Judith wrote:
>
> No. Now what will happen, is that mysteriously, all roads will lead
> to a dead man. Who can't answer the key questions.
>
> One wonders how natural the death was ?

Exactly. The intelligence services in this country protect its elite by
any means possible.

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Mr Pounder

Jan 22, 2015, 2:53:05 PM1/22/15

"Paul Pot" <P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message news:m9rk2e$oa2$1...@dont-email.me...
Other countries do exactly the same.

Justin Thyme

Jan 22, 2015, 3:07:13 PM1/22/15
David D S wrote:
> The Todal wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Nobody has ever suggested that the Dickens "dossier" contained
>> allegations of misconduct by Brittan. The notion that he personally
>> shoved it on the fire or through the shredder is really rather
>> implausible.
>
> Oh, I totally agree. I was pointing out that some of the more lurid
> allegations cannot be supported at all with this evidence of mislaying
> or misremembering whether some dossier existed or not.
>
> I find the report as given by Private Eye to be rather more plausible,
> particularly as it was largely authored by Paul Foot: that Brittan was
> the subject of a smear campaign, possibly by MI5.

What did MI5 have on him?

--
Sorrow in all lands, and grievous omens.
Great anger in the dragon of the hills,

Alex Heney

Jan 22, 2015, 4:49:41 PM1/22/15
<jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:51:55 +0000, Judith wrote:
>
>No. Now what will happen, is that mysteriously, all roads will lead to a
>dead man. Who can't answer the key questions.
>
>One wonders how natural the death was ?

Given that he has been known to have cancer for a few months, why
would one wonder that?
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Printed on 100% recyclable phosphor.

F Murtz

Jan 22, 2015, 6:48:34 PM1/22/15
Do tell, what is the swimming pool game?

pensive hamster

Jan 22, 2015, 7:00:18 PM1/22/15
I'm guessing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Barrymore#Death_of_Stuart_Lubbock

'Following a party in the early hours of 31 March 2001, a
31-year-old man, Stuart Lubbock, died after three witnesses -
including Barrymore himself - claimed to have found him
motionless in Barrymore's swimming pool. ...

David D S

Jan 22, 2015, 11:47:14 PM1/22/15
Justin Thyme wrote:

> David D S wrote:
> > The Todal wrote:
> >
> > > [...]
> > > Nobody has ever suggested that the Dickens "dossier" contained
> > > allegations of misconduct by Brittan. The notion that he
> > > personally shoved it on the fire or through the shredder is
> > > really rather implausible.
> >
> > Oh, I totally agree. I was pointing out that some of the more lurid
> > allegations cannot be supported at all with this evidence of
> > mislaying or misremembering whether some dossier existed or not.
> >
> > I find the report as given by Private Eye to be rather more
> > plausible, particularly as it was largely authored by Paul Foot:
> > that Brittan was the subject of a smear campaign, possibly by MI5.
>
> What did MI5 have on him?

If my memory is correct, it wasn't what they had on him, rather than
what
he, in his cabinet role, proposed to change about the way MI5 did
things.

--
David D S: UK and PR China. (Native BrEng speaker)
Use Reply-To header for email. This email address will be
valid for at least 2 weeks from 2015/1/23 12:46:13

David D S

Jan 23, 2015, 12:09:04 AM1/23/15
Reading the article, I notice it mentions anomalies in the time of
death and the age of severe anal injuries suffered by Stuart
Lubbock. Given this, I wonder whether Jimmy Savile ever
visited that mortuary at a relevant date...

--
David D S: UK and PR China. (Native BrEng speaker)
Use Reply-To header for email. This email address will be
valid for at least 2 weeks from 2015/1/23 13:07:20

Judith

Jan 23, 2015, 12:11:57 AM1/23/15
found him motionless?
Sounds like he had shit himself.

Bollocky William

Jan 23, 2015, 1:17:54 AM1/23/15
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:31:50 +0000, The Todal <deadm...@beeb.net>
wrote:

>No need to worry about clear evidence - the man is dead, so no risk of
>libel. Where are the accounts of his misdeeds? I'm keen to read them. I
>certainly don't blindly support any politician and I'd be willing to
>believe that Maggie Thatcher had it off with schoolboys if there were
>credible allegations, but we all know how much crap there is on the
>Internet.

I have no knowledge of anything but when thatcher threatened to sue
anybody revealing the name of the person involved I became suspicious.

Bollocky William

Jan 23, 2015, 1:33:50 AM1/23/15
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:44:36 +0000, The Todal <deadm...@beeb.net>
wrote:
snipped

>I remember hearing David Mellor on LBC Radio a good few months ago. If I
>remember correctly, he was the Home Office Minister under Brittan who
>was Sec. of State. He had no recollection of any dossier either. He said
>that in the Home Office they were inundated with dossiers and reports,
>some in green ink, some more credible, and some of them made worrying
>allegations, some not. He didn't find it at all surprising that it could
>have been lost or misfiled.
>
>Nobody has ever suggested that the Dickens "dossier" contained
>allegations of misconduct by Brittan. The notion that he personally
>shoved it on the fire or through the shredder is really rather implausible.

I very much doubt Dickens wrote in green ink! However although Brittan
may not have been involved in child abuse he would be guilty of
something if he covered up evidence of child abuse. Surely there is a
record, a paper trail of the alleged dossier.

Vidcapper

Jan 23, 2015, 2:26:00 AM1/23/15
By giving them cancer??

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

Judith

Jan 23, 2015, 4:11:34 AM1/23/15
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:22:41 +0000, Bollocky William <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:31:50 +0000, The Todal <deadm...@beeb.net>
>wrote:
>
>>No need to worry about clear evidence - the man is dead, so no risk of
>>libel. Where are the accounts of his misdeeds? I'm keen to read them. I
>>certainly don't blindly support any politician and I'd be willing to
>>believe that Maggie Thatcher had it off with schoolboys if there were
>>credible allegations, but we all know how much crap there is on the
>>Internet.
>
>I have no knowledge of anything

Those may be the first true words you have ever uttered.

Paul Pot

Jan 23, 2015, 1:53:13 PM1/23/15
Vidcapper pretended :
Oh yes, he caught cancer from an infected biscuit, you fool.

andy wainwright

Jan 24, 2015, 9:00:19 AM1/24/15
On 22/01/15 18:39, mro...@btopenworld.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 January 2015 14:58:03 UTC, Jethro_uk wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:51:55 +0000, Judith wrote:
>>
>>> Now the child abuse enquiry can get under way properly - they must have
>>> known he was ill and was waiting for him to peg it.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to the disclosures in the press.
>>
>> No. Now what will happen, is that mysteriously, all roads will lead to a
>> dead man. Who can't answer the key questions.
>>
>> One wonders how natural the death was ?
>
> I reckon he died on purpose!

Note how the Tory press seem to have quickly dropped the story.

As for John Gummer, that's looking like a bit of a bummer.

Morning cloud, morning cloud, morning cloud,
their screams live on in Girls Aloud, Girls Aloud, Girls Aloud

it isn't that I've any beef
but Sir Jimmy Savile says, Ted Heath :)

nutherpe...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 24, 2015, 1:51:03 PM1/24/15
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 2:52:02 PM UTC, Judith wrote:
> Now the child abuse enquiry can get under way properly - they must have known
> he was ill and was waiting for him to peg it.
>
> Looking forward to the disclosures in the press.

Bollocks ,,

He's gorn an dun an McAlpine,,,

I would need to see the old scrotum and give it a poke to see
if he is really dead before I believe what I read int
the news these days,,

..

He could have

orfin'ed himsel orft tae Bermuda,, cliffie's bit,,
for all I know,,

///////////////

I never was keen on the bachelor boy,,,

Like music though..

My word this is a smooth sound.

My taste,,/my choice/

ava listen

Play Loud,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TYh7Hlr_5k

//////

andy wainwright

Jan 24, 2015, 3:45:14 PM1/24/15
This guy possesses views that look a bit sex case to me, the sort of guy
who pounds his parson in public, Mr Pounder.

At this point, the Silver Man is called, a superhero much like Spider
Man, but being Andy as opposed to Paul or Phil.

Sound as a pound, Sterling Silver etc, so is the pound indeed sound?

Do English people have a Queen? Yeah, she's on the money. Do Bees have a
Queen? Yeah, a Queen Bee.

But the Queen Bee is female as opposed to male, and racists, sexists and
paedophiles are notably linked.

Sounds either like a Parson Pounder or a Bent Ref, Two Pin Din plug,
Free Willy. William Of Orange? An odd order that one, we're looking into
it, wasn't there a Mary, his sis or something...

But William was a king, foreign and the earlier one a conquerer. But
Willy has insecuritues about the size of it and is into appliantology,
like sticking your dicks in hoovers and stuff.

And this stuff about orders and lodges and societies and secrecies.
Secrets and lies here, Princess Leona may be pondering about whether
that's really a sensible idea, the greedy buggers want a new world order
now, we beat Hitler off for a bit.

Look mate, assuming your not a lizard beast or something and remotely
human, birds like blokes who realise that they can often be different
colours to the men.

Unless pounding your parson is good enough. But please don't pound
little boys bottoms or support Nazis, because some consider it the same
thing with good reason.

Mr Pounder

Jan 25, 2015, 1:26:11 PM1/25/15

"andy wainwright" <andrewricha...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 22/01/15 19:52, Mr Pounder wrote:
>> "Paul Pot" <P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote in message
>>> Jethro_uk pretended :

>>> Exactly. The intelligence services in this country protect its elite by
>>> any means possible.
>>
>> Other countries do exactly the same.
>>

> This guy possesses views that look a bit sex case to me, the sort of guy
> who pounds his parson in public, Mr Pounder.
>
> At this point, the Silver Man is called, a superhero much like Spider Man,
> but being Andy as opposed to Paul or Phil.
>
> Sound as a pound, Sterling Silver etc, so is the pound indeed sound?

Shit snipped.
You are off your fucking rocker.

The Todal

Feb 3, 2015, 10:43:05 AM2/3/15
On 22/1/15 16:45, The Todal wrote:
> On 22/1/15 16:42, Phi wrote:
>>
>> "Judith" <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

>> He was interviewed by police in 2014 about an allegation of historic
>> rape from the 1960s, it depends how ill he was for further action.
>
> It might also depend on whether the police accepted his denial.
>
> I'm still waiting for someone to offer links to any useful material on
> the Web, preferably from reliable sources. At the moment the mood seems
> to be, if he's rich and important he must be guilty. Unless he's Cliff,
> of course. The public mood and his popularity as a person will determine
> whether or not he's regarded as a much maligned saint or a devious pervert.

There have been various press reports about Leon Brittan and his
possible involvement in sex offences against children.

These seem credible only insofar as there have been so many shocking
revelations about celebrities and politicians that almost anyone is to
be regarded as capable of anything.

I suppose my main question to these people who say they saw him enter a
house of ill repute (in the company of others including senior judges)
or who remember being abused by him decades ago, is: how do you know it
was Leon Brittan? Was it a chap who looked like Leon Brittan or did he
introduce himself before plunging right in?

Hope the story is fully investigated - no doubt if there is no
likelihood of a prosecution, sub judice is less likely to be an excuse
for silence.

JNugent

Feb 4, 2015, 9:22:13 PM2/4/15
Come to that, the other obvious question for them is "How did you know
it was a house of ill-repute?".

I have managed to live to my advanced age without ever having seen - or
at any rate recognised - such an establishment.

Max Demian

Feb 5, 2015, 12:50:18 PM2/5/15
"JNugent" <jenni...@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
You mean you've never seen a sign next to a Soho door saying, "Model, first
floor, walk up"?

--
Max Demian

JNugent

Feb 5, 2015, 3:40:02 PM2/5/15
I haven't, though in the days when we all needed to use public
telephones, I can remember West End kiosks decorated with lots of
"business cards".

John

Feb 6, 2015, 5:50:14 AM2/6/15

"JNugent" wrote

> I haven't, though in the days when we all needed to use public telephones,
> I can remember West End kiosks decorated with lots of "business cards".

Yes I remember that too, didn't seem to bring the world to an apocalypse.

John.