Play Want Ache

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 4:34:18 AM9/29/08
Play
----

Civ, in various forms - I think I actually /prefer/ the shorter gameplay of
Civ Rev over Civ IV or whatever now. I can keep most of the tech tree in my
head without a problem, and the faster game time means I can actually finish
a game in an evening and still keep my marriage together and get to work on
time the following day. Which is nice.

Viva Pinata DS (DS) - Like I said in another post: Holy Shit, this is actually
Viva Pinata, on a DS. It's quite remarkable. If anything, it's actually even
more at home on the DS than it is on the 360 - the interface is quicker and
easier, and it feels much more interactive to actually poke your pinata with
the stylus than press a button on the joypad. Plus, there's no irritating
better presented. deKay probably shouldn't be allowed to buy this.

CivIV: Colonization (PC) - Only briefly, last night. Holy crap, there's a lot
of micromanagement. Is there an "automate my pioneers" button like there is
for workers in Civ IV? Maybe not best to have tried it after a day of long
journeys and painful heads.

Warhammer Online (PC) - Again, only briefly, because every time I want to play,
so does EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD and I can't be arsed queueing.

Want
----

Queues in Warhammer Online to go down.

Sleep.

Bin
---

Every muscle in my body aching after dancing for many hours at a wedding on
saturday night.

The headache I had all of sunday morning after not drinking enough water and
drinking slightly too much beer at a wedding on saturday night.

Pinata fights. Why can't we all just get along?

Chris
--
Gamertag: parm * BRING BACK BLUE SKY IN GAMES *

"Back when I was young, we had to travel back in time to put the tape in so
the game would load before we died."

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Sep 29, 2008, 4:36:14 AM9/29/08
In article <slrnge14oa.ea...@parm.vs.topper.me.uk>,
Chris Whitworth <usenet...@parm.net> wrote:
>Play
>----

Sonic Gems (GC) - Ooh, beat Sonic the Fighters for the first time on
Saturday. I like the surprise sudden-death fight at the end with the
unusual time limit. This is, sadly, probably the most fun I've had with a
Sonic game in the last two years and it's not even a proper platform
title.

Fatal Fury Battle Archives (PS2) - These games have aged quite poorly. I'm
starting to see now that Street Fighter has more longevity because there
was a bit more care in the tweaking of the battle mechanisms. With SNK's
fighters, every quarterly release of a FF/RB/KOF was full of thrilling new
features and adjustments that you couldn't count on being there in the
next game. I found it much easier to go back and play SFII than it was to
get back into FF Special.

Revelations: The Demon Slayer (GBC) - Finally stumbled on a copy of this
in the independent game shop across town. I didn't realise that it was so
much of a standard, party-based RPG. Still, being able to play the
earliest Shin Megami Tensei game localised for the west is a valuable
experience for me.

Disgaea DS (DS) - Well, I bought it. I'll let you know if there's anything
wrong with it if I ever get past the pretty title screen.

>Want
>----

King's Bounty: The Legend (PC) - A remake of a beloved Amiga RPG that we
all probably know better from its Megadrive port. I love seeing tactical
RPG combat revived every few years like this. I'm hoping the new PC
version doesn't clutter up the menu interface or make the random overworld
maps hard to use. I didn't know until this weekend that the PS2 Heroes of
Might and Magic game was a recent remake as well, so I picked that up
yesterday too. I hope this is typical of the new Atari.

>Bin
>---

American bicyclists who don't understand the need to stop at a red light.

-KKC, running late this morning.
--
-- A class action lawsuit has been settled against | kendrick @
Paypal for $3.5 million. Read the full notification | io . com

Mal F

Sep 29, 2008, 4:43:18 AM9/29/08
In article <slrnge14oa.ea...@parm.vs.topper.me.uk>,
usenet...@parm.net says...
> Play
> ----

> Warhammer Online (PC) - Again, only briefly, because every time I want to play,
> so does EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD and I can't be arsed queueing.
>
> Want
> ----
>
> Queues in Warhammer Online to go down.

What server are you playing on again?

Didn't see a single queue on Karag Orrud this weekend

--
XBLA/PSN/Steam: merseymal

Thyklypp (Black Orc) Splytlypp (Squig Herder), Terris (Chosen)
Kutlypp (Shaman) of Delirium, Karag Orrud, WAR (Europe)

gospvg

Sep 29, 2008, 4:50:06 AM9/29/08
"Chris Whitworth" <usenet...@parm.net> wrote in message

> Play
> ----
>
> Civ, in various forms - I think I actually /prefer/ the shorter gameplay
> of
> Civ Rev over Civ IV or whatever now. I can keep most of the tech tree in
> my
> head without a problem, and the faster game time means I can actually
> finish
> a game in an evening and still keep my marriage together and get to work
> on
> time the following day. Which is nice.

This is the reason why I gave up playing Civ4, it was taking way too much
time, ruined my sleep pattern & made me a horrible troll
At some point I will probably buy Civ Rev on the 360 but not at the moment.

--
gospvg
[..getting old and still playing video games..]

The Rev

Sep 29, 2008, 4:51:27 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> Play
> ----

WipEout HD (PS3) - Fucking best. Really, really, really good. Fast, smooth,
controls brilliantly, sounds great, not too hard so far. It's really great.

The Last Guy (PS3) - Hard but fun. The risk/reward mechanic is just about
perfect and always makes me push things too far.

Pain (PS3) - The Abusement Park DLC. Fun, again. Same game, different
environment.

Lego Batman (DS) - Exactly what was expected. So it's very good indeed, but
not especially different from the other TT Lego games. Character unlock
prices are pretty insane, mind.

> Want
> ----

More sleep.

> Bin
> ---

Friday night - Temperature of 103, weird off-and-on dozing for fifteen hours.
Saturday - No control of bowels, resulting in two brown-trouser incidents
and several close calls.
Saturday night - Horrible, horrible stomach ache.
Sunday - Headache, face ache, sore throat, cough, leg ache, generally
feeling like crap.
Sunday night - Sleep! Proper sleep!
Today - Like Sunday, but not as bad. Possibly foolishly, am at work.

Whatever fucking bug this is, it's the worst thing I've had in years.

Mal F

Sep 29, 2008, 4:52:41 AM9/29/08

Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning (PC)

This weekend my Black Orc completed all the tier 2 quests in the
greenskins realm and reached level 18. I've decided to hold off quests
in the chaos and dark elf realms until I create alts from those realms,
so for my Black Orc that just leaves doing public quests and scenarios.

As it's more fun to play against enemy players, the emphasis is on
scenarios. So I spent quite a lot of time in groups with guildmates and
having a whale of a time. My only complaint is that at least in T2
scenarios on our server, there's a severe lack of healers on the side of
Destruction. However we still manage to win the scenarios reasonably
evenly against Order.

With the above in mind I decide to create a shaman called Kutlypp and
spent quite a bit of time yesterday afternoon levelling this and playing
in tier 1 scenarios and I found it a rather fun character to play.

No other games - sorry :)

> Want
> ----

More time to play WAR

More time to play other games such as Crysis: Warhead (PC)

WipeoutHD (PS3) - plus the time to play it of course

> Bin
> ---

Working weeks seeming to last an eternity

Quick weekends

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 4:54:40 AM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Friday night - Temperature of 103, weird off-and-on dozing for fifteen hours.
> Saturday - No control of bowels, resulting in two brown-trouser incidents
> and several close calls.

There is such a thing as "too much information". I know you're feeling horrible
and want us all to suffer too, but still... I hope you're not contagious over
the internet.

Get well soon!

jochta

Sep 29, 2008, 5:04:17 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> Play
> ----

TW09 (360) - Just gamernet challenges. Got to 25k and I take it all
back, reasonable 8-birdie run 9-holers on Sheshan are pretty easy to
beat and give mega-points.

GHIII (360) - I nearly bloody had him. Damned final boss on hard,
grrrrr. Didn't get to 500k either, 460k was my best. So I played...

GHII (360) - Got the 400k and 1000 note streak achievements which had
eluded me before. Also whored the last easy achievement. Don't think I
can get any more points out of it now. Oh and going back to this just
proved to me how much better this is than GHIII.

> Want
> ----

To get to 50k on gamernet challenges in TW09.

> Bin
> ---

Pure (360) - Judging by the total lack of play this had over the weekend
on my FL I'm not sure I should have succumbed to temptation after all.
My copy is still shrinkwrapped.

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 5:09:28 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> Play
> ----

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (360)
A long session yesterday saw my stats plummet. Despite beating Vijay and
being 3 events from unlocking Tiger my short game stat dropped 7 points
in one game, for reasons beyond me (I still won it!). The stats just
seem completely random, I have no idea how I'm supposed to max them as
even when I'm playing perfectly they go down.

Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin (DS)
I love Advance Wars. So why do they always put an insane difficulty
spike very early on? Chapter 9 I finished with an S with about 15 units
to spare. Chapter 10 I start with half the power of a very aggressive
opposition who can build at an alarming rate, have big war tanks and
things I don't have access to and effortlessly fuck me over very quickly.

Echochrome (PSP)
Hardest game ever.

WipEout HD (PS3)
After finally getting around to upgrading my PS3 HDD (through a very
long and complicated process that took several hours) I gave it a spin.
Just done the first world, 5 golds and a silver, it is FUCKING AWESOME.

Holidaying (RL)
An 8ft piece of 'safety' glass exploded in my hand. A million small
pieces of glass rained down on my head. Amazingly I walked away with
about 10 small cuts, all of which are now practically invisible.
Bordeaux is nice. French people less so.

> Want
> ----

FIFA 09.

To know if Edge have actually played VP2. I read the review in Smiths
this morning. It basically said "like the first one, but better because
it's easier and the ruffians and Pester are less intrusive, the
tutorials are better and there are less endless cut-scenes and
interruptions". WTF?

Another holiday.

> Bin
> ---

Tiger Woods stats. Gay bollocks.

Hard handheld games.

Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
things.

English people in general.

Xbox Live for the day.

The next three days without FIFA 09.

--

Zo
Gamerscore whore and proud (and not very good at it)

Chris Stevens

Sep 29, 2008, 5:17:01 AM9/29/08
Zomoniac wrote:
>> Play
>> ----
>
> Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (360)
> A long session yesterday saw my stats plummet. Despite beating Vijay
> and being 3 events from unlocking Tiger my short game stat dropped 7
> points in one game, for reasons beyond me (I still won it!). The
> stats just seem completely random, I have no idea how I'm supposed to
> max them as even when I'm playing perfectly they go down.

Read what it says on the stats screen. Short game is based *solely* on
average distance to pin from inside 100 yards. Thus the way to improve it is
to either have superhuman accuracy from 40-100 yards, or adapt your game
such that you're either >100 yards from the pin with your approach, or
within about 30. You won't score quite as well, but if you line yourself up
such that you avoid approaches in that awkward 40-100 range, then it'll
shoot up.

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

Chris Stevens

Sep 29, 2008, 5:19:19 AM9/29/08
jochta wrote:
>> Bin
>> ---
>
> Pure (360) - Judging by the total lack of play this had over the
> weekend on my FL I'm not sure I should have succumbed to temptation
> after all. My copy is still shrinkwrapped.

It's worth it for the single player, anyway.
I had a couple of quick races online - annoyingly in one I had a huuuuge
lead after the first lap, then got stuck on a rock and took ages to get off
it, whilst the entire field passed me. Spent the next two laps slowly
reeling people in, but ran out of time and finished a mediocre 5th out of
12. Good, good fun. Would be totally excellent with friends.

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

Mal F

Sep 29, 2008, 5:19:48 AM9/29/08
In article <6kbkacF...@mid.individual.net>,
the_pro...@hotmail.com says...

> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
> things.

i'm still waiting for proper border controls to be put in place on the
Queensway and Kingsway tunnels - £1.40 each way isn't enough imo

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 5:26:06 AM9/29/08

But I can hit them fine from that range! I think I had a couple of bad
holes where I kept hitting a tree and it broke everything.

[ste parker]

Sep 29, 2008, 5:33:38 AM9/29/08

I don't know if it actually has any effect, but belting Y when you get
stuck and aren't moving seems to reset you on the track.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

Mal F

Sep 29, 2008, 5:30:21 AM9/29/08
In article <MPG.234aa581d...@news.individual.net>,
spa...@btinternet.com says...

> In article <slrnge14oa.ea...@parm.vs.topper.me.uk>,
> usenet...@parm.net says...
> > Play
> > ----
> >
> > Warhammer Online (PC) - Again, only briefly, because every time I want to play,
> > so does EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD and I can't be arsed queueing.
> >
> > Want
> > ----
> >
> > Queues in Warhammer Online to go down.
> >

> What server are you playing on again?
>
> Didn't see a single queue on Karag Orrud this weekend

nvm searched and you picked Karak Hirn. iirc our small ex-DAOC alliance
considered this as a server but discovered that a largeish amount of ex-
DAOC guilds had chosen a few servers to meet up on and I think this was
one of them and so we wouldn't touch any of those with a bargepole

Hakk

Sep 29, 2008, 5:40:33 AM9/29/08
Play
----

TW09 (360). Played a few hours of this, and my stats are starting to
creep up. But as with Zo, my short game is lagging far behind everything
else. I have progressed nicely on the Tiger challenges, and still
enjoying the game. My girlfriend has even joined me for a game or 6. On
that note, is there something I've missed because at the moment if I
play as my created dude she has to play as a pro-golfer even though she
has created her own on her gamertag.

The Simpsons Game (360). Some fun bits in this, but the bits where
Lisa's special grab ability are a chore. The voice acting is genuinely
funny in places.

Want
----

More TW09 online with friends. I'm sick of buying games only to see I'm
still playing it while everyone else is playing the "next big thing".

Bin
---

The commentary on TW09 being 10 seconds behind what I'm doing. "Looks
like that might hit the green" etc when it has actually stopped 3 inches
from the hole.

--
Gamertag: Hakk
R Tape loading error, 0:1

[ste parker]

Sep 29, 2008, 5:59:54 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> Play
> ----

Pure (360): Pure fun! The track design is excellent so far, working
out the best routes and shortcuts is great. I am appalling online, need
to play more.

Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS): Not playing so much now, but did get another
gold so only one more left to get. Only got a third of the perfects so
far, so I'll start picking them off too.

> Want
> ----

Nothing.

> Bin
> ---

Nothing.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 6:32:29 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 29 Sep 2008
08:34:18 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do uk.games.video.misc,
yawatina tan reek esk Chris Whitworth <usenet...@parm.net> fornis do
marikano es bono tan el:

>Play
>----

Duke Nukem 3D (360)
Which is still ASTOUNDINGLY GOOD. Both on and offline. Half way through
Episode 2, and loving it. It's 10 times the game Halo wants to be :)

Viva Pinata: Turble in Purble (360)
Still amazing. Still hooked. I'm up to level 72 now, I think, and managed to
get myself a Chocolodocus and a Galagoogoo and all sorts. I am playing it
very regimentally though.

Final Fantasy Tictacs: WAR, GOOD GOD Y'ALL, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? HUH! LIONS!
(PSP)
Oh who would have guessed? Yet ANOTHER ally has betrayed me! I'm starting to
wonder if Ramza, the "hero", is actually the bad guy, as THE ENTIRE WORLD is
on the other side.

>Viva Pinata DS (DS)

> deKay probably shouldn't be allowed to buy this.

Pff.

>Want
>----

Fallout 3 (360)

>Bin
>---

Children. Went to a "baby shower" (it wasn't really like one at all, but the
name made me shudder anyway), and there were loads of little kids there. And,
cute as they are, they're all evil.

>Pinata fights. Why can't we all just get along?

They do if you play the game properly.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

gospvg

Sep 29, 2008, 6:37:24 AM9/29/08
"Kendrick Kerwin Chua" <kend...@nospam.io> wrote in message

>>Want
>>----
>
> King's Bounty: The Legend (PC) - A remake of a beloved Amiga RPG that we
> all probably know better from its Megadrive port. I love seeing tactical
> RPG combat revived every few years like this. I'm hoping the new PC
> version doesn't clutter up the menu interface or make the random overworld
> maps hard to use. I didn't know until this weekend that the PS2 Heroes of
> Might and Magic game was a recent remake as well, so I picked that up
> yesterday too. I hope this is typical of the new Atari.

I was looking at some previews on this over the weekend - the combat screens
look interesting - I'll try the demo out tonight.

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 6:35:50 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
<the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>> Bin
>> ---

>Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
>things.

Fuck you.

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 6:35:22 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
<the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin (DS)

>I love Advance Wars. So why do they always put an insane difficulty
>spike very early on?

I haven't played DoR, but there were no such spikes in the other three games.

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 6:48:00 AM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, Zomoniac <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Bin
>> ---

> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
> things.

You will now get a forty-page-long thread about how you can't criticise
Scousers, or Liverpool in general, or make jokes about how Scousers have a
massive persecution complex.

Chris Stevens

Sep 29, 2008, 6:56:15 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> Play
> ----

Pure (360)
I like this. Unlike most of the rest of you, I don't have Excite Truck as a
reference point but I can say that it is silly amounts of fun. My one gripe,
and it's a small one, is that the race events require a knowledge of the
track and its shortcuts to be competitve, and thus are much less immediate
than the sprints and freestyles. So far, I've consistently come first in
sprints and freestyles on the first attempt, but (other than the race on the
track that was in the demo) not managed better than about 4th in the races
on my first try. I can imagine that by the time you get to the last set of
events, memorising the tracks will become a bit of a handful.
Also, after my brief experience of this on Live, I very much want to play it
with 15 friends. :)

Bully (360)
Briefly. Did a few missions. Enjoyed it. Not much more to say. Better than
GTA4.

Frontlines: Fuel of Wat (360)
I did the one mission that had been annoying me on casual, then reverted to
normal and completed the rest of the game. It's a strange one - very much
the Curate's egg. The weapons (with the exception of the woeful sniper rifle
forced upon you in the third level) are great, with each having a real
individual feel. The use of vehicles is very well done, and I had a lot of
fun both in tanks and the one brief gunship section. The environments on
most of the levels are superb - especially the urban ones. The game presents
you with a large, mostly open map with a number of objectives which you can
tackle in any order and any way you fancy. I was stuck for ages trying to
get into one building in the last level before re-assessing my options,
circling the building and approaching from a different angle. In a tank. :D
The bad? Really poor AI, for a start. On occasions my team have been in a
bunker or other confined space, I come charging in to take cover from a hail
of bullets outside, and find that they're just stood there face to face with
a handful of enemies, apparently completely ignoring each other. Obviously,
as soon as I walk in, the enemies open fire and it's bullets everywhere
time. Another annoyance is the indestructible scenery. If an enemy is behind
a wall of sandbags, and I fire an artillery round at the sandbags, I expect
the enemy to die. No such luck. Similarly, the splash damage from explosives
seems very limited. Chucking a grenade into a bunker full of enemies really
ought to clear it out, but they evidently just hide behind cardboard boxes
or whatever. Finally, the issue of super-sight/ESP: I'm lying in long grass
on a hill with a sniper rifle, and pick off a guard who is standing in the
open. His mates don't, as you might think reasonable, look around wondering
what's going on before running in the general direction that the shot came
from. No, they instantly and accurately open fire on their distant and
pretty much invisible foe.
Anyway, on balance, I really enjoyed it. I can see its faults, but I'd say
it is a good solid 7/10 game. Not good enough to replay all the levels where
I missed achievements, but enjoyable while it lasted.

> Want
> ----

Time in the evenings to watch Dexter S2. Oh, and not to talk about it
interminably in here. Oops. ;)

Something good from Gamesfrenzy - time to update my list with all the things
I've missed out on over the last month or so...

> Bin
> ---

Frontlines (360)
Back to Gamesfrenzy you go, my little beauty.

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

Rach

Sep 29, 2008, 7:13:19 AM9/29/08
deKay wrote:
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
> 2008 10:09:28 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
> <the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>> Bin
>>> ---
>
>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
>> things.
>
> Fuck you.

Are you a scouser?

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Sep 29, 2008, 7:45:44 AM9/29/08
In article <u0b1e4prdff6ovprr...@4ax.com>,

deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote:

>>Bin
>>---
>
>Children. Went to a "baby shower" (it wasn't really like one at all, but the
>name made me shudder anyway), and there were loads of little kids there. And,
>cute as they are, they're all evil.

Has the gender-specific and age-specific tradition of the baby shower been
corrupted on that side of the Atlantic too? Normally such an event is
attended only by adult female friends of the mother to be. Having men and
actual children there makes it awkward as the hostess attempts to
accomodate their entertainment needs.

-KKC, who knows better than to engage in further television show
discussion today. :)

Gunther Gloop

Sep 29, 2008, 7:48:52 AM9/29/08
Hakk wrote:
> Want
> ----
>
> More TW09 online with friends. I'm sick of buying games only to see I'm
> still playing it while everyone else is playing the "next big thing".

I'll be at it for a while yet -and I'm even getting better!

The one thing I don't like about 'Live' is how it gives games with good
online features (like PURE for example) a kind of "Use By" date, after
which you just *know* you'll never match up to anyone else. This can
turn a good game a bit stale.
I'm not *that* bad at videogames, it's just I'm late to 360 and it seems
I'm always playing catch-up. Not practising 4+ hours a day doesn't help
either.

Halo 3 how are ya.

Burnout Paradise is probably my favourite online experience on 360 to
date. It's competitive, but not necessarily against the other players.
Lots to do, but not necessarily in a "keep up!" kind of manner.
And I'm not too bad at it either!
...still, by the time I got to it (a week or 2 after launch), most
others here were mopping up the last of their challenges, then they were
'gone' from it within another couple of weeks.

I must say, SomethingWitty is a particular gaming ANIMAL! You are a
power gamer, Chris. I would say "my hero", but I prefer to take my time
over titles instead of draining them dry within a week (exaggeration I
know) and moving on.

-Kevin.

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 7:48:32 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Rach <ra...@thisisntmyaddress.org>

fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible

>>> things.
>>
>> Fuck you.
>
>Are you a scouser?

Yes.

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 7:50:05 AM9/29/08

"Chris Whitworth" <usenet...@parm.net> wrote in message
> Play
> ----
Can't afford new games, so I'm playing old ones:

The Suffering (PC): This would be good if the graphics didn't keep
distorting every few seconds, exploding into a mass of polygons and
producing epilepsy-inducing zig-zagging flickering textures. It doesn't seem
to like my GeForce 6800, even though the card is newer than the game.

Half-Life 2 (PC): Even on easy, this game can still be infuriatingly hard,
largely thanks to the enemy AI being able to shoot at point-blank range no
matter where they are on the map.

Oblivion (PC): About two-thirds of the way through the main quest now, with
random people attacking me because I wiped out most of their crappy cult,
and other people moaning at me despite me risking life and limb closing
those sodding Oblivion gates outside their cities.

Guitar Hero III (Wii): Practice, practice, practice. At some point, I might
start playing the main game again but not until I'm sure I can get a 90%
accuracy rate in most of the songs on medium.

Spore Creatures Demo (DS): I really don't know why I wasted time with this,
as it's unlikely I'll buy it - First hand (EA can fuck themselves). The
demo's shit, so I can only imagine what the full game's like. It's little
more than a lazy attempt by EA to cash in on the Spore brand in the same way
they cashed in on The Sims, only at least there's no activation limits on
the DS... Yet.

Job application forms (RL): For all the good they'll be.

> Want
> ----

Something worth dusting my DS off for. I wish Nintendo would do a better job
with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch and
demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the moment.
I'm almost tempted to get a 360.

> Bin
> ---

Unemployment and EA. Unemployment, because I need money and want to feel
like I'm doing something with my life, and EA for being money-grabbing gits
who have insisted that Steam implement the same three-installation limits on
Crysis Warhead. Fuck EA. Why should I pay full price for a rental? Oh,
that's right, because to EA, I'm a criminal cash cow who needs to be milked
every five seconds for fear I might buy a game second-hand or pay a visit to
that well-known Swedish torrent site... I hope that class-action lawsuit
puts the fuckers out of business.

Paul.

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 7:54:41 AM9/29/08
deKay wrote:
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
> 2008 10:09:28 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
> <the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>> Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin (DS)
>> I love Advance Wars. So why do they always put an insane difficulty
>> spike very early on?
>
> I haven't played DoR, but there were no such spikes in the other three games.

I found one in the first game, level 8 or 9. Didn't feel quite as unfair
as this one, but I couldn't do it.

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 7:56:15 AM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth wrote:
> On 2008-09-29, Zomoniac <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Bin
>>> ---
>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
>> things.
>
> You will now get a forty-page-long thread about how you can't criticise
> Scousers, or Liverpool in general, or make jokes about how Scousers have a
> massive persecution complex.

Having to share a duty-free shop with about 40 very loud ones in a
non-English speaking country is just the most depressing, embarrassing
thing imaginable.

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 7:57:34 AM9/29/08
deKay wrote:
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
> 2008 10:09:28 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
> <the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>> Bin
>>> ---
>
>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
>> things.
>
> Fuck you.

I missed you too babe.

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 7:58:13 AM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, Paul Evans <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Want
>> ----
>
> Something worth dusting my DS off for. I wish Nintendo would do a better job
> with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch and
> demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
> there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the moment.
> I'm almost tempted to get a 360.

Civ Revolution and Viva Pinata DS are both fucking excellent.

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 7:59:37 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk "Paul Evans"
<paul.e...@ntlworld.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Spore Creatures Demo (DS): I really don't know why I wasted time with this,
>as it's unlikely I'll buy it - First hand (EA can fuck themselves). The
>demo's shit, so I can only imagine what the full game's like. It's little
>more than a lazy attempt by EA to cash in on the Spore brand in the same way
>they cashed in on The Sims, only at least there's no activation limits on
>the DS... Yet.

I really enjoyed it :/

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 7:58:35 AM9/29/08
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
2008 06:45:44 -0500, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Kendrick Kerwin Chua
<kend...@nospam.io> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>>Children. Went to a "baby shower" (it wasn't really like one at all, but the
>>name made me shudder anyway), and there were loads of little kids there. And,
>>cute as they are, they're all evil.
>
>Has the gender-specific and age-specific tradition of the baby shower been
>corrupted on that side of the Atlantic too?

I have no idea. The entire concept of a "baby shower" is just wrong, and I was
thankful that the one I went to was little more than a barbeque.

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 8:02:29 AM9/29/08
Paul Evans wrote:

>> Bin
>> ---
>
> Unemployment and EA. Unemployment, because I need money and want to feel
> like I'm doing something with my life, and EA for being money-grabbing gits
> who have insisted that Steam implement the same three-installation limits on
> Crysis Warhead. Fuck EA. Why should I pay full price for a rental? Oh,
> that's right, because to EA, I'm a criminal cash cow who needs to be milked
> every five seconds for fear I might buy a game second-hand or pay a visit to
> that well-known Swedish torrent site... I hope that class-action lawsuit
> puts the fuckers out of business.

Pirate them. Everyone wins.

Gareth Halfacree

Sep 29, 2008, 8:02:24 AM9/29/08
deKay wrote:
> I have no idea. The entire concept of a "baby shower" is just wrong, and I was
> thankful that the one I went to was little more than a barbeque.

A baby barbecue? How very Swift.

--
Gareth Halfacree
http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 8:03:53 AM9/29/08

"deKay" <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote in message

> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29
> Sep
> 2008 12:50:05 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk "Paul Evans"
> <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>Spore Creatures Demo (DS): I really don't know why I wasted time with
>>this,
>>as it's unlikely I'll buy it - First hand (EA can fuck themselves). The
>>demo's shit, so I can only imagine what the full game's like. It's little
>>more than a lazy attempt by EA to cash in on the Spore brand in the same
>>way
>>they cashed in on The Sims, only at least there's no activation limits on
>>the DS... Yet.
>
> I really enjoyed it :/

It could be that my new-found loathing for EA may have tainted my opinion of
it somewhat! It does appear to be a cut-down version of Animal Crossing
though from the twenty minutes I spent on it before the battery died though.

Paul.

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 8:05:13 AM9/29/08

> On 2008-09-29, Paul Evans <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>> Want
>>> ----
>>
>> Something worth dusting my DS off for. I wish Nintendo would do a better
>> job
>> with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch
>> and
>> demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
>> there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the
>> moment.
>> I'm almost tempted to get a 360.
>
> Civ Revolution and Viva Pinata DS are both fucking excellent.

I thought there were control issues with Civ Revolution on the DS though?

I'd completely forgotten about Viva Pinata!

Paul.

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 8:08:19 AM9/29/08

"Zomoniac" <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Nah, only EA wins, because it simply confirms that I am a criminal who can't
be trusted - they can use it as an excuse to leave the PC market. "Look!
Piracy is the problem, not our crappy DRM or business practices!" they'll
say to their shareholders as their stocks continue to plummet...

EA's practices have done more than just put me off buying their games - it's
actually stopped me being /interested/ in their games too.

Paul.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Sep 29, 2008, 8:08:33 AM9/29/08
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:48:32 +0100, deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk>
wrote:

>Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
>2008 12:13:19 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Rach <ra...@thisisntmyaddress.org>
>fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>>> Fuck you.
>>
>>Are you a scouser?
>
>Yes.

Oh, bad luck.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Sep 29, 2008, 8:10:23 AM9/29/08
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:45:44 -0500, Kendrick Kerwin Chua
<kend...@nospam.io> wrote:

>In article <u0b1e4prdff6ovprr...@4ax.com>,
>deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Bin
>>>---
>>
>>Children. Went to a "baby shower" (it wasn't really like one at all, but the
>>name made me shudder anyway), and there were loads of little kids there. And,
>>cute as they are, they're all evil.
>
>Has the gender-specific and age-specific tradition of the baby shower been
>corrupted on that side of the Atlantic too? Normally such an event is
>attended only by adult female friends of the mother to be.

Nope, that's usually how it is here too. Occasional babes-in-arms,
which is somewhat unavoidable, but no men and kids.

It's probably some scouse variant.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Some people think that noise abatement should be a higher priority
for ATC. I say safety is noise abatement. You have no idea how much

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 8:11:57 AM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, Paul Evans <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> "Chris Whitworth" <usenet...@parm.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Something worth dusting my DS off for. I wish Nintendo would do a better
>>> job
>>> with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch
>>> and
>>> demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
>>> there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the
>>> moment.
>>> I'm almost tempted to get a 360.
>>
>> Civ Revolution and Viva Pinata DS are both fucking excellent.
>>
> I thought there were control issues with Civ Revolution on the DS though?

Not sufficient that I haven't sunk about 3 entire evenings into it over the
last seven days. It feels a bit clunky at first and selecting stacked units is
a bit of a pain, but it's never more than a little bit irritating, and
certainly nothing game-spoiling. I certainly don't make any more mistakes on
account of the interface than I do in Civ IV on the PC.

> I'd completely forgotten about Viva Pinata!

As have most people, apparently, which is a shame as it's a really excellent
port.

Chris Stevens

Sep 29, 2008, 8:13:54 AM9/29/08
Gunther Gloop wrote:

> The one thing I don't like about 'Live' is how it gives games with
> good online features (like PURE for example) a kind of "Use By" date,
> after which you just *know* you'll never match up to anyone else.
> This can turn a good game a bit stale.
> I'm not *that* bad at videogames, it's just I'm late to 360 and it
> seems I'm always playing catch-up. Not practising 4+ hours a day
> doesn't help either.
>
> Halo 3 how are ya.
>
> Burnout Paradise is probably my favourite online experience on 360 to
> date. It's competitive, but not necessarily against the other players.
> Lots to do, but not necessarily in a "keep up!" kind of manner.
> And I'm not too bad at it either!
> ...still, by the time I got to it (a week or 2 after launch), most
> others here were mopping up the last of their challenges, then they
> were 'gone' from it within another couple of weeks.
>
> I must say, SomethingWitty is a particular gaming ANIMAL! You are a
> power gamer, Chris. I would say "my hero", but I prefer to take my
> time over titles instead of draining them dry within a week
> (exaggeration I know) and moving on.

<blows a little kiss>
Bear in mind that for every game that I've bled dry over the space of a week
or two, there are probably another two (or more) that have had no more than
a cursory glance and been cast aside, unloved. I regret not playing through
Assassin's Creed, not giving Burnout the online love it deserved, not making
more of an effort with Gears of War, barely playing COD4 online at all, etc,
etc.
I speak to a few of my real life gaming friends, and find that they've (for
example) played nothing but COD4 for the last 6 months, and I question
whether I'm *really* getting the value for money out of the games I buy.
One thing is for sure, the 360 has seen a significant decline in my focus on
online gaming, and partly for the reasons you cite. On the old Xbox, for
months on end, the only question was whether I'd be playing RS3:BA or Halo2
before a late night Links session. These days, everyone on my friends list
seems to be playing different things at any one time, and no one game
endures for more than a few weeks (Halo 3 excepted). I'm *hoping* that
enough people will be playing Pure for at least the next couple of weeks to
get some serious online play on it, but given what I've seen this weekend,
I'll not be holding my breath.
Actually, this brings to mind an attempt I made in the weeks leading up to
the release of the 360 to play every one of my online enabled Xbox games at
least once over the course of a week. It was quite a refreshing affair,
taking in a fair few titles that I'd not played against friends at all.
Maybe I need to do something similar with my 360 catalogue...

--

Chris

GT: SomethingWitty

Zomoniac

Sep 29, 2008, 8:14:14 AM9/29/08
Paul Evans wrote:
> "Zomoniac" <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Unemployment and EA. Unemployment, because I need money and want to feel
>>> like I'm doing something with my life, and EA for being money-grabbing
>>> gits who have insisted that Steam implement the same three-installation
>>> limits on Crysis Warhead. Fuck EA. Why should I pay full price for a
>>> rental? Oh, that's right, because to EA, I'm a criminal cash cow who
>>> needs to be milked every five seconds for fear I might buy a game
>>> second-hand or pay a visit to that well-known Swedish torrent site... I
>>> hope that class-action lawsuit puts the fuckers out of business.
>> Pirate them. Everyone wins.
>>
> Nah, only EA wins, because it simply confirms that I am a criminal who can't
> be trusted - they can use it as an excuse to leave the PC market. "Look!
> Piracy is the problem, not our crappy DRM or business practices!" they'll
> say to their shareholders as their stocks continue to plummet...

They don't win at all. If everyone makes it clear that they will pirate
DRMed games until the DRM is removed then what choice do they have?
There is no possible way they can say their DRM is to prevent piracy, as
anyone with half a brain cell can pirate any EA game they want to, DRM
or not.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Sep 29, 2008, 8:22:55 AM9/29/08
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:50:05 +0100, "Paul Evans"
<paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> Want
>> ----
>
>Something worth dusting my DS off for.

There's *loads* of good games out there - just pick up something
top-notch that's been released a while ago. Have you played the
Phoenix Wright games? Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents? Zelda - Phantom
Hourglass? Metroid Prime Hunters? Chibi Robo? Dragon Quest Heroes?
Geometry Wars? Hotel Dusk? Mario&Luigi? NSMB? Scurge Hive? Tingle's
Rosy Rupeeland? Touch Detective? Worms Open Warfare 2? Professor
Layton and the Curious Village? Trauma Centre? Mario vs Donkey Kong 2?
Puzzle Quest? Mario Kart? The World Ends With You?

>I wish Nintendo would do a better job
>with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch and
>demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
>there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the moment.

I'm completely bemused by this lack. Since they have wifi, why are
there (almost) no crossover games at all?

I say almost, but only because last time I asked someone said there
was one that I now can't remember. But there's nothing like the old
'Cube+GBA Four Swords or Crystal Chronicles, let alone the naffer
games that used the link cable to give you bonuses from having bought
twenty six "different" versions of Pokemon.

>I'm almost tempted to get a 360.

Oh, do that - there are a whole bunch of games worth playing now.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"I may be a pretty sad person, but I don't make jokes in base 13"
- Douglas Adams

BombayMix

Sep 29, 2008, 8:23:40 AM9/29/08
On Sep 29, 9:34 am, Chris Whitworth <usenet.ch...@parm.net> wrote:
> Play
> ----

Warhammer (PC) – The server cloning have reduced the queues a bit but
not much. Still 30 mins plus to log on last night. I experimented with
a few different chars ove the weekend.

Tried a Squig Herder but remained me too much of my hunter in WoW I no
longer play. The Sorceress seemed just another nuker and the Witch Elf
needs to cover up! So, I mainly played a DoK, melee healer. Very fun
class, not sure about how strong a healer but a good strong melee
class. I’ve already terrorised many a dwarf engineer. Since, I’ve
mostly played a Zealot (strong healer) I don’t normally get to
terrorise anybody!

Ikariam (PC) – It’s a free Civ like MMO browser game I’ve been playing
for 6 months now. You build a town, do some research some tech, raise
an army and go attack somebody. Not a game you play for long because
when it says it will take 18 hours to upgrade your town wall. It means
18 hours real world time not in game!

Spend most of my time attacking inactive players and plotting attacks
on resource lechers.

> Want
> ----

WotLK (PC) - I’m still not 100% convinced by WAR. PQs are become an
epic grind fest. I did a keep siege but had instant deja-vu of
spending four hours trying to cross that bloody bridge in AV. Not
somewhere I want to return too.

Scenarios are still fun but still no better then WoW’s. And the game
has many rough edges compared to WoW.

> Bin
> ---

Nothing really.

gospvg

Sep 29, 2008, 8:36:41 AM9/29/08
"Gunther Gloop" <thund...@SPAMNOkevinforde.com> wrote in message

> The one thing I don't like about 'Live' is how it gives games with good
> online features (like PURE for example) a kind of "Use By" date, after
> which you just *know* you'll never match up to anyone else. This can turn
> a good game a bit stale.
> I'm not *that* bad at videogames, it's just I'm late to 360 and it seems
> I'm always playing catch-up. Not practising 4+ hours a day doesn't help
> either.

Yep same here at the moment I only tend to play COD4 online, I'm hoping to
get back onto Halo 3 & Burnout Paradise but with the limited game time I
have it tends to be single player games or a quick 10 minute burst of Geo
Wars

--
gospvg
[..getting old and still playing video games..]
gamertag & wii codes http://www.ugvm.org.uk/

gospvg

Sep 29, 2008, 8:42:02 AM9/29/08
"Chris Stevens" <ne...@thestevensfamily.plus.com> wrote in message

> Actually, this brings to mind an attempt I made in the weeks leading up to
> the release of the 360 to play every one of my online enabled Xbox games
> at least once over the course of a week. It was quite a refreshing affair,
> taking in a fair few titles that I'd not played against friends at all.
> Maybe I need to do something similar with my 360 catalogue...

What we need is our weekly xbox 360 game night to make a return
The Halo 3 competition has died & I enjoyed our after match games like duck
hunt

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 8:56:24 AM9/29/08

"Zomoniac" <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Although publically, EA's playing the piracy card, their use of DRM has very
little to do with piracy at all. The one thing they want to acheive is the
total obliteration of the preowned games market, and they seem to think they
can achieve this by slapping on installation limits, installing what is
essentially spyware on unsuspecting users' PCs, getting legitimate players
to beg for activations via a premium-rate phone number (hence the accusation
that the game is "rented"), banning users from their forums, and even
threatening to switch off players' access to the games they've bought:

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/3869.page

Ok, it's some overzealous mod who thinks he or she speaks for EA, but I have
a nasty feeling they aren't too far off the mark.

So far, EA has claimed one million Spore sales, which is only 50% of their
September launch target. Will they take notice? Well, their shareholders
might, as their investments become increasingly worthless. We'll have to
wait and see.

Paul.

Paul Murray

Sep 29, 2008, 9:03:12 AM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, Chris Stevens <ne...@thestevensfamily.plus.com> wrote:
>> Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (360)

Is anyone else finding that this is *way* too easy?

Playing on hard, I came third in the first PGA tour event, then won
the next two, finishing the third with something ridiculous like -44.

I restarted on Tour Pro, got 77 on my first round and thought that
maybe it was better balanced, then got 71/65/71 for the next three.
Only a couple of putting problems stopped all three rounds being in
the 60s (see below). In what world does a tour rookie get those sort
of scores?

The only thing that provides any sort of challenge is trying to work
out what they have done with the putting game, as it doesn't seem
anywhere near the 1in/1ft slope compensation that it used to be
(and that the tips suggest it still is), and the game and manual
disagree on whether the min/max adjustment for a given length is
+- 3ft or +- 10%. With the seeming removal of the practice course
(where have they hidden it?) it is difficult to work out what is
actually going on.

Rach

Sep 29, 2008, 9:22:17 AM9/29/08
LMAO!

Rach

Sep 29, 2008, 9:26:47 AM9/29/08
Zomoniac wrote:
> Chris Whitworth wrote:
>>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people.
>>> Horrible things.
>>
>> You will now get a forty-page-long thread about how you can't criticise
>> Scousers, or Liverpool in general, or make jokes about how Scousers
>> have a
>> massive persecution complex.
>
> Having to share a duty-free shop with about 40 very loud ones in a
> non-English speaking country is just the most depressing, embarrassing
> thing imaginable.

My mum had to spend a lot of time with a bunch of scousers a few months
back and they drove her to madness its fair to say.

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Sep 29, 2008, 9:41:44 AM9/29/08
In article <eE4Ek.121484$RJ3....@newsfe10.ams2>,
>LMAO!

Now now, that's no way to be sensitive to ethnic diversity. You both owe
deKay an apology. Perhaps you can buy him some 'loonch'. :)

-KKC, bracing for retaliatory dumb Yank jokes in three, two, one...
--
-- A class action lawsuit has been settled against | kendrick @
Paypal for $3.5 million. Read the full notification | io . com
at http://www.steelesettlement.com/ and see if you |
are eligible for class membership and payment. | http://www.io.com/~kkc

Paul Evans

Sep 29, 2008, 10:21:18 AM9/29/08

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote in message

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:50:05 +0100, "Paul Evans"
> <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>> Want
>>> ----
>>
>>Something worth dusting my DS off for.
>
> There's *loads* of good games out there - just pick up something
> top-notch that's been released a while ago. Have you played the
> Phoenix Wright games? Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents? Zelda - Phantom
> Hourglass? Metroid Prime Hunters? Chibi Robo? Dragon Quest Heroes?
> Geometry Wars? Hotel Dusk? Mario&Luigi? NSMB? Scurge Hive? Tingle's
> Rosy Rupeeland? Touch Detective? Worms Open Warfare 2? Professor
> Layton and the Curious Village? Trauma Centre? Mario vs Donkey Kong 2?
> Puzzle Quest? Mario Kart? The World Ends With You?

Out of that list, I've got:

New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS

and erm... That's it. (I've actually got quite a few games on DS, but the
most recent was Pokemon Diamond, which I really need to get back into).

I've looked at the Phoenix Wright games and Zelda, but can't seem to find
them on sale anywhere around here, and even The World Ends With You looks
interesting. The problem is, those games you listed above are rare gems
amongst a sea of mediocrity, and a casual look in Game or Gamestation (or
CEX) doesn't come up with those kinds of games, but instead the Brain
Training ones and crappy movie tie-ins and lazy console ports/shovelware.

I suppose I need to start paying more attention to the DS scene, but it
doesn't help that Nintendo's own channel on the Wii ignores these kinds of
games and instead pushes the same kinds of games I'm trying to avoid
(although admittedly, Lego Indiana Jones looks incredibly impressive on the
DS!). That's why they need to expand the channel to include more demos.

>>I wish Nintendo would do a better job
>>with their Nintendo Channel on the Wii and provide more videos to watch
>>and
>>demos to download. There's an abundance of "xxx Training"-type games out
>>there, but very few actual games for both the DS and the Wii at the
>>moment.
>
> I'm completely bemused by this lack. Since they have wifi, why are
> there (almost) no crossover games at all?
>
> I say almost, but only because last time I asked someone said there
> was one that I now can't remember. But there's nothing like the old
> 'Cube+GBA Four Swords or Crystal Chronicles, let alone the naffer
> games that used the link cable to give you bonuses from having bought
> twenty six "different" versions of Pokemon.

Yeah, I remember when the Wii first came out, how Nintendo were suggesting
there would be some Wii/DS crossover, but it never really materialised. One
thing they could've done is release a flash cartridge of some sort for the
DS where certain elements of Wii games could be transferred over for playing
on the move (even if it's just mini-games for levelling up characters and so
on). It's an old idea, but possibly an interesting one. I just wish they'd
do more with the Nintendo Channel, even if it's just more trailers on the
Wii, or developer interviews. It just seems neglected somehow, when there's
only a couple of new demos and one new video in nearly two months.

>>I'm almost tempted to get a 360.
>
> Oh, do that - there are a whole bunch of games worth playing now.

If only I could afford to... Damned unemployment. With 360s being so cheap
these days, I'm leaning more heavily towards one of those over a PS3,
despite the fact that online gaming on the PS3 is free. I've got no need for
a Blu-Ray player (I don't have a HDTV), so even if it is the best BR player
anywhere ever, it doesn't really mean much to me, and AFAIK, I don't think
there are that many games that have actually made use of that extra space,
either. On the other hand, I do like the look of Home, but by the time that
makes an appearance, it'll be on the PS4.

Paul.

jochta

Sep 29, 2008, 11:11:30 AM9/29/08
deKay wrote:
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
> 2008 10:09:28 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
> <the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>> Bin
>>> ---

>> Scousers. I'm quite sure they're a different species of people. Horrible
>> things.
>
> Fuck you.
>
> deKay

Alright, alright, calm down, calm down.

Hakk

Sep 29, 2008, 11:14:43 AM9/29/08

Hands up *ANYONE* who didn't read that in the Harry Enfield voice.

--
Gamertag: Hakk
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Sep 29, 2008, 1:13:21 PM9/29/08
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:21:18 +0100, "Paul Evans"
<paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote in message

>>>Something worth dusting my DS off for.
>>
>> There's *loads* of good games out there - just pick up something
>> top-notch that's been released a while ago. Have you played the
>> Phoenix Wright games? Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents? Zelda - Phantom
>> Hourglass? Metroid Prime Hunters? Chibi Robo? Dragon Quest Heroes?
>> Geometry Wars? Hotel Dusk? Mario&Luigi? NSMB? Scurge Hive? Tingle's
>> Rosy Rupeeland? Touch Detective? Worms Open Warfare 2? Professor
>> Layton and the Curious Village? Trauma Centre? Mario vs Donkey Kong 2?
>> Puzzle Quest? Mario Kart? The World Ends With You?
>>
>Out of that list, I've got:
>
>New Super Mario Bros
>Mario Kart DS
>
>and erm... That's it. (I've actually got quite a few games on DS, but the
>most recent was Pokemon Diamond, which I really need to get back into).

Well, there you go! No complaining.

>I've looked at the Phoenix Wright games and Zelda, but can't seem to find
>them on sale anywhere around here, and even The World Ends With You looks
>interesting. The problem is, those games you listed above are rare gems
>amongst a sea of mediocrity,

That's certainly true. You should shop on t'Intarwebs instead of
visiting nasty high-street shovelware shops (who don't really have a
choice in the matter, since shovelware is the only way they can stay
solvent).

Cheaper, too. www.play-asia.com is a perennial favourite, since they
stock at US prices. Ooh - Lego Batman for under 20 quid...

>(although admittedly, Lego Indiana Jones looks incredibly impressive on the
>DS!).

That's another - like Lego Star Wars it appears to be damn near
identical to the big console version, from what I played in the shop.
Hopefully less buggy than LSW...

>Yeah, I remember when the Wii first came out, how Nintendo were suggesting
>there would be some Wii/DS crossover, but it never really materialised. One
>thing they could've done is release a flash cartridge of some sort for the
>DS where certain elements of Wii games could be transferred over for playing
>on the move (even if it's just mini-games for levelling up characters and so
>on). It's an old idea, but possibly an interesting one.

It didn't work out great on the Dreamcast, though the handheld bit was
probably just too limited.

>>>I'm almost tempted to get a 360.
>>
>> Oh, do that - there are a whole bunch of games worth playing now.
>>
>If only I could afford to... Damned unemployment. With 360s being so cheap
>these days, I'm leaning more heavily towards one of those over a PS3,
>despite the fact that online gaming on the PS3 is free.

You get Silver Live membership free with an Xbox, which is enough for
most things. You get a month or so of Gold free with the console, and
more one-month tokens with many Microsoft online games.

I've never bothered with Gold myself, I don't do a lot of online play,
but folks here have posted about getting yearly Gold for Ł45, iirc.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I have seen the fuschia, and it's ... er ... sort of pink and mauve
with bits hanging out. -- Richard Robinson, urs

deKay

Sep 29, 2008, 1:32:25 PM9/29/08
Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> Now now, that's no way to be sensitive to ethnic diversity. You both owe
> deKay an apology. Perhaps you can buy him some 'loonch'. :)

I should point out, that my accent is only apparent when I'm very, very
drunk.

Chris Whitworth

Sep 29, 2008, 1:39:53 PM9/29/08
On 2008-09-29, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>
>> Now now, that's no way to be sensitive to ethnic diversity. You both owe
>> deKay an apology. Perhaps you can buy him some 'loonch'. :)
>
> I should point out, that my accent is only apparent when I'm very, very
> drunk.

Like I say, we need to have a ugvm East Anglia meet, so we can verify this.

Lister

Sep 29, 2008, 1:49:01 PM9/29/08
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:02:24 +0100, Gareth Halfacree
<use...@halfacree.co.uk> wrote:

>deKay wrote:
>> I have no idea. The entire concept of a "baby shower" is just wrong, and I was
>> thankful that the one I went to was little more than a barbeque.
>
>A baby barbecue? How very Swift.

Mmmm , flame grilled baby

Russell Marks

Sep 29, 2008, 5:40:51 PM9/29/08
Chris Whitworth <usenet...@parm.net> wrote:

> Play

Bomberman Blast (Wii Ware) - yet more of this. I did manage to briefly
reach ninth in the rankings, before the inevitable Japanese invasion. :-)

> Want

The Punisher (Xbox) to arrive. Not too sure about this one really, but
it was so cheap I thought I'd give it a try. I could do with playing
something other than Bomberman, that's for sure.

> Bin

Bomberman Blast only showing the top eight on the leaderboard.

-Rus.

Lister

Sep 29, 2008, 6:25:37 PM9/29/08
On 29 Sep 2008 17:39:53 GMT, Chris Whitworth <usenet...@parm.net>
wrote:

>On 2008-09-29, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
>> Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>>
>>> Now now, that's no way to be sensitive to ethnic diversity. You both owe
>>> deKay an apology. Perhaps you can buy him some 'loonch'. :)
>>
>> I should point out, that my accent is only apparent when I'm very, very
>> drunk.
>
>Like I say, we need to have a ugvm East Anglia meet, so we can verify this.
>
>Chris

UEA meet?

WCZ

Sep 30, 2008, 3:37:39 AM9/30/08

Not just me then!!!!!

I finished the Tiger Challenge (absolutely hateful thing towards the end)
yesterday and my putting was all way over powered. Even a 20 foot shot hit
with 20 foot power went about 30 feet. I guess it depends on the green
speed but you have no way of knowing what that is until the first putt has
gone miles past the hole and you're on for a bogey.

Earlier in the TC, the 1in\1ft compensation seemed to work just fine. As
did the spin control thingy.

--

WCZ

[ste parker]

Sep 30, 2008, 5:13:57 AM9/30/08
> but folks here have posted about getting yearly Gold for £45, iirc.

Closer to £25 than £45 (eg. http://www.xboxliveuk76.com, £24.49 for 13
months). To be honest I've rarely used it but am starting to dabble in
online slightly more now, a year and a half down the line.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

CK

Sep 30, 2008, 11:41:17 AM9/30/08
There's no way EA are going to collapse because of Spore. I'm sure
they'll recope any losses with FIFA 09. The upshot of this is that the
guy who made Spore (forgot his name) might not be able to make his next
"big project" whatever that is...

CK

Sep 30, 2008, 11:43:56 AM9/30/08
> Out of that list, I've got:
>
> New Super Mario Bros
> Mario Kart DS
>
> and erm... That's it. (I've actually got quite a few games on DS, but the
> most recent was Pokemon Diamond, which I really need to get back into).
>
> I've looked at the Phoenix Wright games and Zelda, but can't seem to find
> them on sale anywhere around here, and even The World Ends With You looks
> interesting.

The World Ends With You is in the HMV sale, I picked it up for £20...

Paul Evans

Sep 30, 2008, 12:19:19 PM9/30/08

"CK" <zsi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I'm in Manchester on Friday for a job interview, so I might pick it up!

Paul.

QT

Sep 30, 2008, 12:29:04 PM9/30/08
Paul Evans wrote:

> "CK" <zsi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Out of that list, I've got:
> > >
> > > New Super Mario Bros
> > > Mario Kart DS
> > >
> > > and erm... That's it. (I've actually got quite a few games on DS,
> > > but the most recent was Pokemon Diamond, which I really need to
> > > get back into).
> > >
> > > I've looked at the Phoenix Wright games and Zelda, but can't seem
> > > to find them on sale anywhere around here, and even The World
> > > Ends With You looks interesting.
> >
> > The World Ends With You is in the HMV sale, I picked it up for

> > #20...

> I'm in Manchester on Friday for a job interview, so I might pick it
> up!
>
> Paul.

Unless you're a spotty teenager, don't. It's rubbish and doesn't live
up to the hype surrounding it.

--
qt

Paul Evans

Sep 30, 2008, 12:29:21 PM9/30/08

"CK" <zsi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Well, seeing as it appears that Spore had been toned down somewhat from what
the early videos suggested, I think Will Wright will have to look elsewhere
if he wants to stand any chance of working unhindered on his next "big
project". Problem is, he'd have to do it without Maxis of course, seeing as
he sold his business to EA in the first place.

I know The Sims 3 has nothing to do with him (it's just an EA "franchise"
now, so we can probably expect yearly updates, at full 'rental' - hell, EA
has slapped the "Sims" brand on just about any piece of shit going at the
moment if you look at their main site) and from what I've seen of it, it
shows - it's already looking heavily toned down compared to TS2 and a lot of
the animations are just rehashes. Yes, there's supposedly more customisation
options and you get an entire neighbourhood to explore (just one, mind), but
it seems like the gameplay has been heavily toned down and any modding
abilities will be heavily restricted compared to the level of freedom TS2
offered.

No, sadly I don't think EA will go out of business (I hope they get hit hard
by the lawsuit though), but with the way they've been behaving towards their
customers, some people will be thinking twice before buying any games from
them. After all, who'd buy a game from a publisher that threatens to disable
it for them if they dare step out of line on the official forums?

Paul.

DBSnappa

Sep 30, 2008, 12:48:17 PM9/30/08
You should have a look at their quarterlies. They've lost money for the
last five I think. Their business model is broken, probably because the
PS3 isn't selling sixty million a year.

Zomoniac

Sep 30, 2008, 1:33:25 PM9/30/08

You think 99% of Sims players even know what a forum is?

--

Zo

Paul Evans

Sep 30, 2008, 2:16:51 PM9/30/08

"Zomoniac" <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Well, considering how many forums there are out there that are devoted to
The Sims with a considerable amount of traffic in them, I'd say yes.

Paul.

Paul Evans

Sep 30, 2008, 2:21:46 PM9/30/08

"DBSnappa" <davidjREMOV...@REMOVEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message

That's probably why they are desperate to kill the preowned market. They'll
try it on PC first via SecuROM and limited activations and then pressure the
console manufacturers into implementing some sort of system that locks
purchased games to devices just in time for the next gen. Once the games are
tied to the console of course, there's no way they can then be resold, plus
EA can charge whatever they like because they'll insist on a digital
distribution-only system where they can set the prices (along with other
publishers of course).

If your next-gen console dies - tough. You get to repurchase all your games
a second time. The perfect rental model that will give EA a massive
installed user base that they can leech money from.

The funny thing is, a few months ago, I didn't think any publisher would
stoop this low.

Paul.

Paul Evans

Sep 30, 2008, 2:25:05 PM9/30/08

"Paul Evans" <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Forgot to add:

Many of these players will never venture beyond EA's own offical forum (the
Sims BBS), but then they don't need to - It is on EA's own forums that these
players get to see EA's naked greed with their own eyes - In fact, it was
bacause of the bannings, threats, thread lockings and removals, especially
tied in to the DRM that had been included on expansion packs from Bon Voyage
onwards that the news spread to other forums as BBS "refugees" sought other
forums to tell of their mistreatment as paying customers, and led finally to
the creation of an anti-DRM site called Reclaim Your Game.

Paul.

Toby Newman

Sep 30, 2008, 3:00:01 PM9/30/08
On 2008-09-29, Paul Evans <paul.e...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>>I'm almost tempted to get a 360.
>>
>> Oh, do that - there are a whole bunch of games worth playing now.
>>
> If only I could afford to... Damned unemployment. With 360s being so cheap
> these days, I'm leaning more heavily towards one of those over a PS3,
> despite the fact that online gaming on the PS3 is free. I've got no need for
> a Blu-Ray player (I don't have a HDTV)

I'm vaguely planning on getting a 360 at Christmas, and I don't have
an HDTV either.

I was in the supermarket looking at them yesterday - Being a shop,
they were feeding them all analogue signals, which is what I'd feed
mine if I bought one and connected my old consoles to it. They looked
awful!

Is there an HDTV out there that does a good job of showing SD sources?

I'm thinking that if I buy a 360, I'll want an HDTV but, if I buy an
HDTV, I'll want to keep my current CRT just to play my old games on.

But that'll never fly.

--
-Toby

Toby Newman

Sep 30, 2008, 3:00:01 PM9/30/08
On 2008-09-29, deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote:
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 29 Sep
> 2008 10:09:28 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
><the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin (DS)
>>I love Advance Wars. So why do they always put an insane difficulty
>>spike very early on?
>
> I haven't played DoR, but there were no such spikes in the other three games.

I remember getting repeatedly brutalised by Eagle with his two-moves special.

Zomoniac

Sep 30, 2008, 3:26:31 PM9/30/08

Depends on your source. An RF source split over 50 TVs is never going
to look anything other than fucking awful. But I've got a Virgin box
with HDMI that is upscaled and it looks more than tolerable.

--

Zo

Toby Newman

Sep 30, 2008, 4:00:01 PM9/30/08

Okay, well my sources are a DC, Jag, Xbox, Gamecube and Wii over RGB
Scart, a Videomaster Stryker II over RF, and a computer over
composite.

Zomoniac

Sep 30, 2008, 4:49:56 PM9/30/08

Scart and RF will be worse but probably not enough to put you off. Get
a HDTV with a VGA input and your computer and DC will look much better
than they do now.

--

Zo

Gunther Gloop

Oct 1, 2008, 3:25:38 AM10/1/08

From what I've seen, none of them look much good out of the box. You
need to do some homework in advance to get a tv you know you can tweak
for best results.

I've just received a Samsung Series 6 LCD. At first I thought the image
was "alright", but after inputting settings I found on avforums.com and
modifying those settings with my own adjustments I was _amazed_.

...And that's viewing 'standard' sky digital and standard dvd. Even the
Wii (through component) looks amazing. I don't use the 360 on that set
though, but I know it would be great. So for now I have no real HD
source, but the set is still producing a better picture than my previous
CRT.

After reading the mountain of comments & material in the past few
months, I'd definitely go for a Samsung LCD (as I have... Series 6 -or
better if you're waiting a while).

-Kevin.

[ste parker]

Oct 1, 2008, 5:17:14 AM10/1/08
QT wrote:
> Paul Evans wrote:
>
>> "CK" <zsi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> The World Ends With You is in the HMV sale, I picked it up for
>>> #20...
>> I'm in Manchester on Friday for a job interview, so I might pick it
>> up!
>>
>> Paul.
>
> Unless you're a spotty teenager, don't. It's rubbish and doesn't live
> up to the hype surrounding it.

Well I liked it, although mainly for the battles rather than the usual
angst-y storyline, which, to be fair, isn't /quite/ run of the mill JRPG
fare. I got bored by trying to upgrade all badges as far as I could
rather than actually playing through the game.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

[ste parker]

Oct 1, 2008, 5:22:24 AM10/1/08
Toby Newman wrote:

> Is there an HDTV out there that does a good job of showing SD sources?

Your best bet is going for a plasma, something like the 37" Panasonic
PX80. However, the resolution is 1024x720 which isn't really that
important unless you're planning on running a PC desktop through it too.
The possibility of wanting this is the only reason I didn't buy one.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

Shak

Oct 1, 2008, 6:20:49 AM10/1/08

> Toby Newman wrote:
>>>>
>>> If only I could afford to... Damned unemployment. With 360s being so
>>> cheap these days, I'm leaning more heavily towards one of those over a
>>> PS3, despite the fact that online gaming on the PS3 is free. I've got no
>>> need for a Blu-Ray player (I don't have a HDTV)
>>
>> I'm vaguely planning on getting a 360 at Christmas, and I don't have
>> an HDTV either.
>>
>> I was in the supermarket looking at them yesterday - Being a shop,
>> they were feeding them all analogue signals, which is what I'd feed
>> mine if I bought one and connected my old consoles to it. They looked
>> awful!
>>
>> Is there an HDTV out there that does a good job of showing SD sources?
>>
>> I'm thinking that if I buy a 360, I'll want an HDTV but, if I buy an
>> HDTV, I'll want to keep my current CRT just to play my old games on.
>>
>> But that'll never fly.
>>

> From what I've seen, none of them look much good out of the box. You need
> to do some homework in advance to get a tv you know you can tweak for best
> results.
>
> I've just received a Samsung Series 6 LCD. At first I thought the image
> was "alright", but after inputting settings I found on avforums.com and
> modifying those settings with my own adjustments I was _amazed_.

Coo. We've had our 6-series for a couple of weeks now. Will twiddle with the
settings.

Shak

Gunther Gloop

Oct 2, 2008, 4:34:43 AM10/2/08

I meant to reply before now, but you can find most of what you need on
it here... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720970

-Kevin.

Shak

Oct 2, 2008, 4:58:59 AM10/2/08

> I meant to reply before now, but you can find most of what you need on it
> here... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720970

Thanks but.... 101 pages!

Shak

Gunther Gloop

Oct 2, 2008, 5:19:23 AM10/2/08

The first post was amended to reflect most of it.
There's also a link in that post to "The Settings Thread" that is handy.

-Kevin.

Shak

Oct 2, 2008, 5:34:28 AM10/2/08
"Gunther Gloop" <thund...@SPAMNOkevinforde.com> wrote in message

Sorted. Thanks!

Shak

Toby Newman

Oct 2, 2008, 9:00:01 AM10/2/08

Don't plasmas get burn-in though?

Toby Newman

Oct 2, 2008, 9:00:01 AM10/2/08

I've just realised that I'll need a surround sound processor, too,
because my current one is bundled inside my telly, and those Samsung
Series 6s don't have one inside.

[ste parker]

Oct 2, 2008, 9:13:23 AM10/2/08
Toby Newman wrote:
> On 2008-10-01, [ste parker] <imag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Toby Newman wrote:
>>> Is there an HDTV out there that does a good job of showing SD sources?
>>>
>> Your best bet is going for a plasma, something like the 37" Panasonic
>> PX80. However, the resolution is 1024x720 which isn't really that
>> important unless you're planning on running a PC desktop through it too.
>> The possibility of wanting this is the only reason I didn't buy one.
>
> Don't plasmas get burn-in though?

They do have some image retention and it's apparently best to take it
easy with the screen for the first few weeks, but I think that permanent
burn in isn't something that's much of an issue any more. That's just
what I've read of others opinions, rather than first hand knowledge.

--
[ste]
gamertag: stefcha

WCZ

Oct 2, 2008, 9:18:57 AM10/2/08

I've read the same over on avforums.

Somewhere there is a thread where someone left the menu screen for HL2 on a
plasma and LCD for 48 hours.

After 48 hours the LCD had no retention issues whereas the plasma clearly
showed the menu screen. However, after 24 hours of watching normal tele the
plasma went back to normal with the HL2 menu no longer visible - i.e. no
permanent burn.

I'll find the thread again if anyone really is interested. The upshot is
don't game for hours on end without expecting some retention issues but
these will go away after watching normal tele for a while.

--

WCZ

Shak

Oct 2, 2008, 2:43:55 PM10/2/08
"[ste parker]" <imag...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Definintely doesn't happen under normal use - 8 hours with a static screen
will give you a retention that you can get rid of, I think you need like a
day for something more permanent. That said, plasmas do wear out so if
you're continually watching letterboxed stuff you'll get banding.

Our main telly is a plasma and I have no regrets, although LCDs seem to
getting better wrt the bits that make the former better (blacks etc).

Shak

Nils Tanner

Oct 8, 2008, 7:07:24 AM10/8/08
Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, Chris Whitworth
<usenet...@parm.net> got it all completely wrong and wrote:

>On 2008-09-29, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
>> Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>>
>>> Now now, that's no way to be sensitive to ethnic diversity. You both owe
>>> deKay an apology. Perhaps you can buy him some 'loonch'. :)
>>
>> I should point out, that my accent is only apparent when I'm very, very
>> drunk.
>
>Like I say, we need to have a ugvm East Anglia meet, so we can verify this.
>
>Chris

Unfortunately, I'm back home again so I won't be participating.