Health and softy gone mad

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 9:53:11 AM11/2/15
http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products

"Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12" - three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise - a heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so they can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.

Broadback

Nov 2, 2015, 10:11:44 AM11/2/15
Also Poppy sellers cannot give the pins to customers, though it is OK if
they help themselves from a pile. Barmy!

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 10:14:43 AM11/2/15
I'd never noticed that. I've always seen the poppy and pin as one thing (I think), although they may be sat in a box for customers to take.

--
Does a pedometer detect child molesters?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 10:15:05 AM11/2/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 15:11:38 -0000, Broadback <messag...@j-towill.co.uk> wrote:

Well obviously getting pricked by 5 at once is far safer....

--
You can lead a man to Congress . . .
. . . but you can't make him think.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 10:17:24 AM11/2/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 15:11:38 -0000, Broadback <messag...@j-towill.co.uk> wrote:

A colleague of mine was once refused alcohol in a supermarket because his daughter was with him and he "might give it to her as they leave the shop". The supermarket was rewarded with a newspaper article :-)

AFAIK that's not even illegal - you can give your kids alcohol at home. Or is there some pedantry that you can't give them it unless they're indoors? Maybe sunlight and alcohol together is more harmful?

whisky-dave

Nov 2, 2015, 10:43:21 AM11/2/15
On Monday, 2 November 2015 14:53:11 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products
>
> "Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12" - three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise - a heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so they can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.

but that's not really what it says, it says "12 and over" which is even more worrying as you can't seel them to anyone over 12 and it's the same for all...

I would hasve thought the legislation would be 12 or under is whn it kicks in.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 10:51:50 AM11/2/15
I never noticed that. It seems they have a very poor grasp of the English language. As you said, you're restricted from selling them to 12 and over, so adults must not buy crackers. I wonder if that would hold up in a court of law?

--
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out." -- Rodney Dangerfield.

Rod Speed

Nov 2, 2015, 2:10:22 PM11/2/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote

> http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products

> "Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12"

Quite right too, they would have stolen the money.

> - three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise

Nope, for letting them BUY what can do that.

> - a heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so
> they can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.

Yeah, should be summary execution for that.

The Todal

Nov 2, 2015, 2:37:13 PM11/2/15

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 3:26:28 PM11/2/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:10:06 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote
>
>> http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products
>
>> "Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12"
>
> Quite right too, they would have stolen the money.

And I thought I lived in a bad area....

>> - three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise
>
> Nope, for letting them BUY what can do that.

Pedant. The law is still daft. No harm in a cracker.

>> - a heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so
>> they can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.
>
> Yeah, should be summary execution for that.

No, only the person who does the painting should be executed. Some kids might be buying it for their father, or for making model boats.

--
What's the difference between a naked white woman and a naked black woman?
One's on the cover of Playboy and the other's on the cover of National Geographic.

Rod Speed

Nov 2, 2015, 3:54:42 PM11/2/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:10:06 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote
>>
>>> http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products
>>
>>> "Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12"
>>
>> Quite right too, they would have stolen the money.
>
> And I thought I lived in a bad area....

That was another of those joke things, Joyce.

>>> - three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise
>>
>> Nope, for letting them BUY what can do that.

> Pedant.

Beats being a pendant like you, boy.

> The law is still daft. No harm in a cracker.

They have to justify their existence by doing stupid regulations
like that that will produce lots of controversy, stupid.

>>> - a heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so
>>> they can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.

>> Yeah, should be summary execution for that.

> No, only the person who does the painting should be executed.

Everyone should, including those whose property is graffitied,
because they were too stupid to make in ungraffitiable.

That would stop it very quickly indeed if everyone ended up dead.

> Some kids might be buying it for their father,

Who would just be doing graffiti with it.

> or for making model boats.

Kids don't do those anymore, and they don't paint their phones.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 4:32:52 PM11/2/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:54:27 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:10:06 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote

>>> Quite right too, they would have stolen the money.
>>
>> And I thought I lived in a bad area....
>
> That was another of those joke things, Joyce.

You're very inconspicuous.

>>> Nope, for letting them BUY what can do that.
>
>> Pedant.
>
> Beats being a pendant like you, boy.

Is that sexual innuendo?

>> The law is still daft. No harm in a cracker.
>
> They have to justify their existence by doing stupid regulations
> like that that will produce lots of controversy, stupid.

Throw them off a cliff. Without safety gear.

>>> Yeah, should be summary execution for that.
>
>> No, only the person who does the painting should be executed.
>
> Everyone should, including those whose property is graffitied,
> because they were too stupid to make in ungraffitiable.

Don't be ridiculous. People shouldn't have to prevent criminals.

> That would stop it very quickly indeed if everyone ended up dead.

Yes. Death penalty for everything.

>> Some kids might be buying it for their father,
>
> Who would just be doing graffiti with it.

It has other uses, like fixing a car.

>> or for making model boats.
>
> Kids don't do those anymore, and they don't paint their phones.

What is the world coming to?

--
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a suspicious object was discovered in a car.
It later turned out to be a tax disc.

Alex Heney

Nov 2, 2015, 5:50:59 PM11/2/15
What makes you believe that?

I haven't seen any poppy sellers not including the pins.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Do NOT look into laser with remaining eyeball!

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 2, 2015, 6:16:40 PM11/2/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 22:50:52 -0000, Alex Heney <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 15:11:38 +0000, Broadback
> <messag...@j-towill.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 02/11/2015 14:53, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> http://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/underage-sales/age-restricted-products
>>>

>>> "Christmas crackers not to be sold to people under the age of 12" -
>>> three months imprisonment for letting a kid make a popping noise - a
>>> heftier punishment than selling spray paint to someone under 16 so they
>>> can vandalise things, which only carries a fine.
>>
>> Also Poppy sellers cannot give the pins to customers, though it is OK if
>> they help themselves from a pile. Barmy!
>
> What makes you believe that?
>
> I haven't seen any poppy sellers not including the pins.

It's not a law, but a recommendation from the Royal British Legion:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1445714/Poppy-pins-banned-in-case-people-sue.html

Health and softy is still the root cause of the nonsense.

--
Isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?

Rod Speed

Nov 2, 2015, 6:34:21 PM11/2/15

> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:54:27 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

>>> And I thought I lived in a bad area....
>>
>> That was another of those joke things, Joyce.

> You're very inconspicuous.

You've had a SoH bypass.

>>> Pedant.
>>
>> Beats being a pendant like you, boy.

> Is that sexual innuendo?

Nope, just your sewer of a 'mind'

>>> The law is still daft. No harm in a cracker.
>>
>> They have to justify their existence by doing stupid regulations
>> like that that will produce lots of controversy, stupid.
>
> Throw them off a cliff. Without safety gear.

The screams would contravene the noise regulations.

>>> No, only the person who does the painting should be executed.
>>
>> Everyone should, including those whose property is graffitied,
>> because they were too stupid to make in ungraffitiable.

> Don't be ridiculous.

I'm never that.

> People shouldn't have to prevent criminals.

They don't have to, but they should, and should
be summarily executed when they don't.

>> That would stop it very quickly indeed if everyone ended up dead.

> Yes. Death penalty for everything.

Yeah, specially for being unemployed.

>>> Some kids might be buying it for their father,

>> Who would just be doing graffiti with it.

> It has other uses, like fixing a car.

Likely story.

>>> or for making model boats.

>> Kids don't do those anymore, and they don't paint their phones.

> What is the world coming to?

The end of civilisation as we know it.

Brian-Gaff

Nov 3, 2015, 4:30:30 AM11/3/15
Yes what is the reason for this? I don't much like crackers, but there does
seem to be little to be afraid of, unless the jokes are x rated, mind you
the writers of said jokes must surely be the sadest people on the planet.

Can young children buy candles and matches?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 6:29:13 AM11/3/15
They could when I were a lad. I once set fire to..... I'd better not admit that.

--
The true mark of a civilized society is when its citizens know how to hate each other peacefully.

dennis@home

Nov 3, 2015, 7:02:31 AM11/3/15
On 02/11/2015 23:16, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> Health and softy is still the root cause of the nonsense.

No it is not!
Stupid people are the cause of the nonsense.
There is nothing in H&S that stops pins, conkers and loads of other
stuff "banned" because of "H&S".

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 8:21:08 AM11/3/15
Health and SOFTY protects stupid people and inconveniences sensible people. We should not protect stupid people or we just end up with more stupid people. The stupid people have to learn from their mistakes or remove themselves from the gene pool.

--
I used to not get along with my mother-in-law, but over the last few
months, I've developed quite an attachment for her. It goes over her

charles

Nov 3, 2015, 8:50:04 AM11/3/15
In article <op.x7i0p...@red.lan>, Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:02:31 -0000, dennis@home <den...@nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:

> > On 02/11/2015 23:16, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> >
> >> Health and softy is still the root cause of the nonsense.
> >
> > No it is not! Stupid people are the cause of the nonsense. There is
> > nothing in H&S that stops pins, conkers and loads of other stuff
> > "banned" because of "H&S".

> Health and SOFTY protects stupid people and inconveniences sensible
> people. We should not protect stupid people or we just end up with more
> stupid people. The stupid people have to learn from their mistakes or
> remove themselves from the gene pool.

Most of these so called "H&S" requirement are forced on people by their
insurance company who want to minimise their risk.

--
Please note new email address:
cha...@CandEhope.me.uk

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 9:15:14 AM11/3/15
Insurance is evil. Avoid it whenever possible.

--
Exersize: the act of removing excess baggage

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 10:13:11 AM11/3/15
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 23:34:12 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:54:27 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

>>> That was another of those joke things, Joyce.
>
>> You're very inconspicuous.
>
> You've had a SoH bypass.

I'm fussy about the quality of humour I laugh at.

>>> Beats being a pendant like you, boy.
>
>> Is that sexual innuendo?
>
> Nope, just your sewer of a 'mind'

WTF does calling someone a pendant mean then?

>>> They have to justify their existence by doing stupid regulations
>>> like that that will produce lots of controversy, stupid.
>>
>> Throw them off a cliff. Without safety gear.
>
> The screams would contravene the noise regulations.

Before 11pm you can make unlimited noise for short periods. It won't take them long to hit the bottom.

>>> Everyone should, including those whose property is graffitied,
>>> because they were too stupid to make in ungraffitiable.
>
>> Don't be ridiculous.
>
> I'm never that.
>
>> People shouldn't have to prevent criminals.
>
> They don't have to, but they should, and should
> be summarily executed when they don't.

No, people should not be expected to make allowances fort those who should be in jail.

>>> That would stop it very quickly indeed if everyone ended up dead.
>
>> Yes. Death penalty for everything.
>
> Yeah, specially for being unemployed.

I've told you before, unemployment will remain at the same percentage. If you kill some people, there wil be less work for the employed to do as those dead folk don't need feeding etc.

>>> Who would just be doing graffiti with it.
>
>> It has other uses, like fixing a car.
>
> Likely story.

Do you not paint cars in Australia?

>>> Kids don't do those anymore, and they don't paint their phones.
>
>> What is the world coming to?
>
> The end of civilisation as we know it.

When the resources run out, we'll stop all this nonsense.

--
Hey diddle diddle the cat took a piddle,
All over the bedside clock.

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2015, 1:18:00 PM11/3/15

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:02:31 -0000, dennis@home <den...@nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/11/2015 23:16, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>
>>> Health and softy is still the root cause of the nonsense.
>>
>> No it is not!
>> Stupid people are the cause of the nonsense.
>> There is nothing in H&S that stops pins, conkers and loads of other
>> stuff "banned" because of "H&S".
>
> Health and SOFTY protects stupid people and inconveniences sensible
> people.

Yes.

> We should not protect stupid people or we just end up with more stupid
> people.

Just as true of the unemployed.

> The stupid people have to learn from their mistakes

Trouble is that that can kill other people when
say the house blows up due to a gas leak etc.

> or remove themselves from the gene pool.

Trouble is so many of them kill themselves after they
have spawned the kids and so that doesn't happen.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 1:26:15 PM11/3/15
On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 18:17:54 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:02:31 -0000, dennis@home <den...@nowhere.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> No it is not!
>>> Stupid people are the cause of the nonsense.
>>> There is nothing in H&S that stops pins, conkers and loads of other
>>> stuff "banned" because of "H&S".
>>
>> Health and SOFTY protects stupid people and inconveniences sensible
>> people.
>
> Yes.
>
>> We should not protect stupid people or we just end up with more stupid
>> people.
>
> Just as true of the unemployed.

Kids of the unemployed are not necessarily unemployed. Kids of the employed are not necessarily employed. It's not genetic, it's luck.

>> The stupid people have to learn from their mistakes
>
> Trouble is that that can kill other people when
> say the house blows up due to a gas leak etc.

CAN, but most often the person at fault gets hurt the most.

>> or remove themselves from the gene pool.
>
> Trouble is so many of them kill themselves after they
> have spawned the kids and so that doesn't happen.

Some do, but there's plenty of time to kill yourself before you procreate.

--
“What’s the difference between a British and an Iraqi tank?”
“I don’t know.”

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2015, 2:08:46 PM11/3/15

> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 23:34:12 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

>>> You're very inconspicuous.
>>
>> You've had a SoH bypass.
>
> I'm fussy about the quality of humour I laugh at.

Don't laugh, see if I care.

>>> Is that sexual innuendo?
>>
>> Nope, just your sewer of a 'mind'

> WTF does calling someone a pendant mean then?

It was a joke, Joyce.

Don't laugh, see if I care.

>>> Throw them off a cliff. Without safety gear.
>>
>> The screams would contravene the noise regulations.
>
> Before 11pm you can make unlimited noise for short periods.

Wrong, as always.

> It won't take them long to hit the bottom.

But will be disturbing the peace while they scream, stupid.

>>> Don't be ridiculous.
>>
>> I'm never that.
>>
>>> People shouldn't have to prevent criminals.
>>
>> They don't have to, but they should, and should
>> be summarily executed when they don't.

> No, people should not be expected to make allowances fort those who should
> be in jail.

We do for you.

>>> Yes. Death penalty for everything.
>>
>> Yeah, specially for being unemployed.

> I've told you before, unemployment will remain at the same percentage.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

> If you kill some people, there wil be less work for the employed to do

Nope, someone has to kill them and dispose of the corpses etc.

> as those dead folk don't need feeding etc.

So those who produce the food can spend
a little less time working, like 2% at most.
They can just sleep in a little longer, stupid.

>>> It has other uses, like fixing a car.
>>
>> Likely story.
>
> Do you not paint cars in Australia?

Corse not, it doesn't rain all the time here
so there is no point in painting the cars.

>>> What is the world coming to?
>>
>> The end of civilisation as we know it.
>
> When the resources run out,

They never do.

> we'll stop all this nonsense.

Nope.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 3, 2015, 2:22:45 PM11/3/15
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/noise-nuisance-and-neighbours
"Night hours are 11.00 pm until 7.00 am. To reduce noise nuisance from houses and premises, the law defines a maximum amount of noise which is acceptable during night hours."

>> It won't take them long to hit the bottom.
>
> But will be disturbing the peace while they scream, stupid.

Only for people who have placed their house halfway down the cliff. And the noise will only occur for several seconds. So similar to a truck going past on a road.

>>> I'm never that.

>>> They don't have to, but they should, and should
>>> be summarily executed when they don't.
>
>> No, people should not be expected to make allowances fort those who should
>> be in jail.
>
> We do for you.

There is no reason for me to be in jail.

>>> Yeah, specially for being unemployed.
>
>> I've told you before, unemployment will remain at the same percentage.
>
> Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Is that a copy and paste?

>> If you kill some people, there wil be less work for the employed to do
>
> Nope, someone has to kill them and dispose of the corpses etc.

Only a temporary job.

>> as those dead folk don't need feeding etc.
>
> So those who produce the food can spend
> a little less time working, like 2% at most.
> They can just sleep in a little longer, stupid.

And if everyone slept in a little longer right now, there would be enough jobs for the unemployed, and we'd all get a decent night's rest.

>>> Likely story.
>>
>> Do you not paint cars in Australia?
>
> Corse not, it doesn't rain all the time here
> so there is no point in painting the cars.

What about those of you who live near the coast? Salty air damages cars.

>>> The end of civilisation as we know it.
>>
>> When the resources run out,
>
> They never do.

They are not infinite.

--
The skeleton found in the car park has been confirmed to be that of Richard III, but one question remains unanswered:
Who did I pay £20,000 on Ebay for?

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2015, 3:17:59 PM11/3/15

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 18:17:54 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

>>> Health and SOFTY protects stupid people and inconveniences sensible
>>> people.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> We should not protect stupid people or we just end up with more stupid
>>> people.
>>
>> Just as true of the unemployed.
>
> Kids of the unemployed are not necessarily unemployed.

But a lot more of the kids of the unemployed are unemployed.

> Kids of the employed are not necessarily employed.

But a lot more of the kids of the unemployed are unemployed.

> It's not genetic,

It is actually. The employed are much more likely
to produce kids that will not be unemployed.

> it's luck.

Nothing to do with luck, everything to do with the parents
encouraging their kids to get qualified in areas where there
are plenty of jobs, making them get qualified even if they
would rather watch TV or play games or do social media etc.

No luck involved in what those with a clue get qualified in either.

Or even where they happen to be either.

>>> The stupid people have to learn from their mistakes
>>
>> Trouble is that that can kill other people when
>> say the house blows up due to a gas leak etc.
>
> CAN, but most often the person at fault gets hurt the most.

That's not true with some stuff like gas.

>>> or remove themselves from the gene pool.

>> Trouble is so many of them kill themselves after they
>> have spawned the kids and so that doesn't happen.

> Some do,

Most do in fact. Basic statistics. There is a lot longer after
the most common kid spawning time than before it.

> but there's plenty of time to kill yourself before you procreate.

But most don’t.

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2015, 3:56:01 PM11/3/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
That doesn’t mean that you are welcome to fire up the ex Vulcan
engine you got off ebay any time you like between 7am and 11pm.

>>> It won't take them long to hit the bottom.

>> But will be disturbing the peace while they scream, stupid.

> Only for people who have placed their house halfway down the cliff.

For everyone anywhere near the cliff.

> And the noise will only occur for several seconds. So similar to a truck
> going past on a road.

Try telling the magistrate that.

>>> No, people should not be expected to make allowances fort those who
>>> should
>>> be in jail.
>>
>> We do for you.
>
> There is no reason for me to be in jail.

Corse there is, you run over pedestrians because they are stupid.

>>> I've told you before, unemployment will remain at the same percentage.
>>
>> Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

> Is that a copy and paste?

Nope. I've always been able to touch type since I
was in school, because no one could read my writing.

>>> If you kill some people, there wil be less work for the employed to do
>>
>> Nope, someone has to kill them and dispose of the corpses etc.
>
> Only a temporary job.

Depends on how many you give that job to, it
would last for years if you only get a few to do that.

>>> as those dead folk don't need feeding etc.
>>
>> So those who produce the food can spend
>> a little less time working, like 2% at most.
>> They can just sleep in a little longer, stupid.

> And if everyone slept in a little longer right now, there would be enough
> jobs for the unemployed,

Nope, because most cant do quite a bit of the work
because they have been too lazy to get qualified
when they can just put their hand out for benefits.

> and we'd all get a decent night's rest.

2% sleep in is nothing like that.

>>> Do you not paint cars in Australia?
>>
>> Corse not, it doesn't rain all the time here
>> so there is no point in painting the cars.

> What about those of you who live near the coast?

We galvanise those cars.

> Salty air damages cars.

That's why we galvanise them.

>>> When the resources run out,
>>
>> They never do.
>
> They are not infinite.

Don’t need to be.

Yes, the sun will go out eventually but not soon enough to matter to me.

News

Nov 4, 2015, 5:14:22 AM11/4/15
In message <5638a254$0$50263$b1db1813$926e...@news.astraweb.com>,
dennis@home.?.invalid writes

>There is nothing in H&S that stops pins, conkers and loads of other
>stuff "banned" because of "H&S".

Quite right too. The problem with all this H&S stuff, including PAT, is
arse covering, inspired by our US imported litigious society.

We all know that most of these things are perfectly safe. Once upon a
time, such normal pursuits were seen as safe, and any one in a million
accident was seen as just that - an accident. Now, whenever an
'accident' occurs, someone is looking for someone else to blame, and
sue. TPTB therefore take the easy option. Ban the activity. PAT is
the same. The testing itself is not important in the vast majority of
cases - it is the being seen to be testing.
--
Graeme

Davey

Nov 8, 2015, 7:17:30 PM11/8/15
We have the situation where shops can't/won't sell you more than two
items of paracetamol. You can buy 1 pack of 30 tablets, but not 3 packs
of 10 tablets.

--
Davey.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 7:55:28 AM11/9/15
Where do you live? I live in Scotland, and paracetamol is only sold in 16 tablet packs. The limit is two (and you can't even buy more than 2 total of paracetamol and ibuprofen. Someone in a newsgroup said ibuprofen isn't limited, but the supermarkets here don't seem to know that. But you just go back in the shop and buy another two at another checkout, or get your wife to buy 2 aswell, or go into another shop. So a fucking pointless rule.

If I was where you are, I'd put the three tens on the counter, wait for them to say no, then swap them for one 30 which they hadn't seen yet and tell them they're a fucking idiot.

--
It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.

Davey

Nov 9, 2015, 9:37:18 AM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:55:21 -0000
"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote:

> The limit is two (and you can't even buy more than 2 total of
> paracetamol and ibuprofen. Someone in a newsgroup said ibuprofen
> isn't limited, but the supermarkets here don't seem to know that.

The same here, in East Anglia.

> So a fucking pointless rule.

Exactly.

--
Davey.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 10:15:33 AM11/9/15
What also annoys me is having to buy them in blister packs. A bottle would be much easier to use, and possibly lest packaging cost?

--
The chance of a piece of bread falling down on its buttered side is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

dennis@home

Nov 9, 2015, 10:36:36 AM11/9/15
Funny how less people commit suicide from paracetamol since the rules
were introduced.
Why do you need more than four days pills anyway as you are supposed to
consult a doctor if you have a pain for more than three days?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 11:40:42 AM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 15:36:35 -0000, dennis@home <den...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> On 09/11/2015 14:37, Davey wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:55:21 -0000
>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The limit is two (and you can't even buy more than 2 total of
>>> paracetamol and ibuprofen. Someone in a newsgroup said ibuprofen
>>> isn't limited, but the supermarkets here don't seem to know that.
>>
>> The same here, in East Anglia.
>>
>>> So a fucking pointless rule.
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> Funny how less people commit suicide from paracetamol since the rules
> were introduced.

So what? If someone wants to end their life, it's none of your business.

And as I said, very pointless. It doesn't take much intelligence to realise you can commit suicide by simply buying from a few shops, or going in a few times.

> Why do you need more than four days pills anyway as you are supposed to
> consult a doctor if you have a pain for more than three days?

And why would you only want one set in your cupboard? So you get a pain, then you have to refill your cupboard. Do you only buy one tin of beans too? No, you buy enough to last 6 months then don't have to buy more for ages.

Anyway nobody sees a doctor about the odd headache for goodness sake. I get a lot of headaches and take a dose or three every day or three. Sometimes double the recommended dose if it won't go away.

--
Interesting fact number 923:
Half the world's population has seen at least one Bond movie.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:51 PM11/9/15

> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:37:15 -0000, Davey <da...@example.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:55:21 -0000
>> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The limit is two (and you can't even buy more than 2 total of
>>> paracetamol and ibuprofen. Someone in a newsgroup said ibuprofen
>>> isn't limited, but the supermarkets here don't seem to know that.
>>
>> The same here, in East Anglia.
>>
>>> So a fucking pointless rule.
>>
>> Exactly.

> What also annoys me is having to buy them in blister packs. A bottle
> would be much easier to use,

But easier for little kids to kill themselves with.

> and possibly lest packaging cost?

Unlikely.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 12:31:21 PM11/9/15

"dennis@home" <den...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
He did that and the doctor said that since he is the pain in the arse,
it would be best if he did the decent thing and topped himself.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 12:49:35 PM11/9/15

> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 15:36:35 -0000, dennis@home <den...@nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/2015 14:37, Davey wrote:

>>> The same here, in East Anglia.

>>> Exactly.
>>
>> Funny how less people commit suicide from paracetamol since the rules
>> were introduced.
>
> So what? If someone wants to end their life, it's none of your business.
>
> And as I said, very pointless. It doesn't take much intelligence to
> realise you can commit suicide by simply buying from a few shops, or going
> in a few times.

>> Why do you need more than four days pills anyway as you are supposed to
>> consult a doctor if you have a pain for more than three days?

> And why would you only want one set in your cupboard?

Because most likely it will have passed its useby
date by the time you get to use the extra ones.

> So you get a pain, then you have to refill your cupboard. Do you only buy
> one tin of beans too?

Don't buy tins of beans.

> No, you buy enough to last 6 months then don't have to buy more for ages.

> Anyway nobody sees a doctor about the odd headache for goodness sake.

The odd headache doesn't last for 3 days.

> I get a lot of headaches

That's the ear to ear dog shit. If ferments and produces headaches.

> and take a dose or three every day or three. Sometimes double the
> recommended dose if it won't go away.

Buy 10 by going to multiple shops and take the lot. Please.

Dave Plowman (News)

Nov 9, 2015, 1:05:10 PM11/9/15
In article <op.x7udx...@red.lan>,
Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote:
> I get a lot of headaches and take a dose or three every day or three.
> Sometimes double the recommended dose if it won't go away.

Reading your posts gives me a headache too - so I'm not surprised.

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 1:32:17 PM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:58:53 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <op.x7udx...@red.lan>,
> Tough Guy no. 1265 <n...@spam.com> wrote:
>> I get a lot of headaches and take a dose or three every day or three.
>> Sometimes double the recommended dose if it won't go away.
>
> Reading your posts gives me a headache too - so I'm not surprised.

Information overload, I go into so much complicated intricate detail.

--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds"

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 2:00:14 PM11/9/15
The useby date on those pills is a few years.

>> So you get a pain, then you have to refill your cupboard. Do you only buy
>> one tin of beans too?
>
> Don't buy tins of beans.

Or whatever other food lasts for a year.

>> No, you buy enough to last 6 months then don't have to buy more for ages.
>
>> Anyway nobody sees a doctor about the odd headache for goodness sake.
>
> The odd headache doesn't last for 3 days.

But you might get one every day or two.

>> I get a lot of headaches
>
> That's the ear to ear dog shit. If ferments and produces headaches.

No, headaches are common. Simply not drinking enough water does it.

>> and take a dose or three every day or three. Sometimes double the
>> recommended dose if it won't go away.
>
> Buy 10 by going to multiple shops and take the lot. Please.

Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is pointless.

--
Sign on a condom machine: HELP STAMP OUT PEOPLE!

Davey

Nov 9, 2015, 2:10:18 PM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:55:21 -0000
I just looked in Tesco this afternoon. Paracetamol is available in
packs of 16 or 24, and Ibuprofen in packs of 8, 12 or 16. But you can
still only buy two packs of 8 Ibuprofen, or two packs of 16. Nuts.

--
Davey.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 2:16:45 PM11/9/15
I guess it's like the Scottish Police. 10% + 2 over the speed limit is too complicated for them, so they go buy +10.

--
How does an Italian get into an honest business?
Through the skylight.

Norman Rowing

Nov 9, 2015, 2:27:47 PM11/9/15
On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is pointless.

Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance. IMHO
it should be made a prescription only drug.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 2:33:12 PM11/9/15
What is it to do with you what ***self inflicted*** suffering a person causes ***themselves***? The law should protect person B form person A, NOT person A from person A.

--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or sexually abusing an octopus?

tabb...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2015, 2:47:41 PM11/9/15
On Monday, 9 November 2015 15:36:36 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

> Why do you need more than four days pills anyway as you are supposed to
> consult a doctor if you have a pain for more than three days?

on which planet?

NT

tabb...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2015, 2:50:43 PM11/9/15
On Monday, 9 November 2015 19:27:47 UTC, Norman Rowing wrote:
> On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> > Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is pointless.

incorrect

> Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
> the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance.

so write it on the pack.

> IMHO
> it should be made a prescription only drug.

good god. Maybe you should make small screwdrivers Rx only too then.

NT

Norman Rowing

Nov 9, 2015, 3:04:29 PM11/9/15
On 09/11/2015 19:33, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:27:47 -0000, Norman Rowing <gee...@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>

>>> Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is
>>> pointless.
>>>

>> Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
>> the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance. IMHO
>> it should be made a prescription only drug.
>
> What is it to do with you what ***self inflicted*** suffering a person
> causes ***themselves***? The law should protect person B form person A,
> NOT person A from person A.

There are laws that protect people from themselves when sick.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 3:33:09 PM11/9/15
They're not sick, they want to end their life.

And why should we protect people from themselves at ANY time? We MUST have the freedom to do anything we wish in life if it does not affect anyone else. Otherwise life becomes a prison sentence.

--
You are the only person I know that has ever had a brain tumour removed from their arse.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 3:35:57 PM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:50:38 -0000, <tabb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 9 November 2015 19:27:47 UTC, Norman Rowing wrote:
>> On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>
>> > Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is pointless.
>
> incorrect

Come on, it's not rocket surgery to collect some tablets from a few shops. I could easily go to 4 supermarkets within a few miles and get 32 tablets from each, and if necessary (I don't know what the lethal does is), go round them a second time.

In fact limiting the dose you can get makes it more likely for people to ALMOST kill themselves, which is far worse. They wanted to die, but have now fucked their liver.

>> Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
>> the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance.
>
> so write it on the pack.

Agreed.

>> IMHO
>> it should be made a prescription only drug.
>
> good god. Maybe you should make small screwdrivers Rx only too then.

Prescription only would indeed be stupid. 90% of the population needs to get rid of a headache now and then. Imagine having to visit a GP every time. Ready to double the NHS cost?

--
8 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.

Mr Pounder Esquire

Nov 9, 2015, 4:35:29 PM11/9/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:27:47 -0000, Norman Rowing
> <gee...@virgin.net> wrote:
>> On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>

>>> Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is
>>> pointless.
>>
>> Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
>> the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance. IMHO
>> it should be made a prescription only drug.
>
> What is it to do with you what ***self inflicted*** suffering a
> person causes ***themselves***? The law should protect person B form
> person A, NOT person A from person A.

Do you have the funds to pay for your own funeral, Mr Hucker?
All of those headaches shows that you are hopefully on borrowed time.
Tax credits will not cover your funeral.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 4:48:02 PM11/9/15

> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:27:47 -0000, Norman Rowing <gee...@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/2015 19:00, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>

>>> Which is precisely what a suicdal person would do, so the law is
>>> pointless.
>>>

>> Paracetamol poisoning leads to a long lingering painful death. It is
>> the drug of choice for suicides though mainly through ignorance. IMHO
>> it should be made a prescription only drug.
>
> What is it to do with you what ***self inflicted*** suffering a person
> causes ***themselves***?

Because the NHS gets to piss its money against the wall as
that fool is dying, so it makes sense to discourage the use
of something that useless for killing yourself so they do it
some other way that doesn't involve any cost to the NHS.

Corse its far from clear how many it does discourage,
but the stats must be available by now.

> The law should protect person B form person A,

Yes.

> NOT person A from person A.

Depends. If it costs society a lot, it
makes sense to make that harder too.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 5:12:55 PM11/9/15

> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 20:04:29 -0000, Norman Rowing <gee...@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/2015 19:33, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

>>> What is it to do with you what ***self inflicted*** suffering a person
>>> causes ***themselves***? The law should protect person B form person A,
>>> NOT person A from person A.
>>
>> There are laws that protect people from themselves when sick.
>
> They're not sick, they want to end their life.
>
> And why should we protect people from themselves at ANY time?

When its going to cost the state a lot when
they are stupid enough to go that route.

> We MUST have the freedom to do anything we wish in life if it does not
> affect anyone else.

It always does with suicide, even if its just those who
have to cart the corpse away and do the paperwork.
Yes, that has to happen sometime, but it makes sense
to make it harder to kill yourself when that needs the
system to work out if it was suicide or murder etc.

> Otherwise life becomes a prison sentence.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 9, 2015, 5:35:38 PM11/9/15
On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 22:12:47 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 20:04:29 -0000, Norman Rowing <gee...@virgin.net>
>> wrote:

>>> There are laws that protect people from themselves when sick.
>>
>> They're not sick, they want to end their life.
>>
>> And why should we protect people from themselves at ANY time?
>
> When its going to cost the state a lot when
> they are stupid enough to go that route.

If we allow them unlimited paracetamol, they'll be completely dead and cost us nothing.

Anyway, forcing someone to live against their will is as bad as killing someone against their will.

>> We MUST have the freedom to do anything we wish in life if it does not
>> affect anyone else.
>
> It always does with suicide, even if its just those who
> have to cart the corpse away and do the paperwork.
> Yes, that has to happen sometime, but it makes sense
> to make it harder to kill yourself when that needs the
> system to work out if it was suicide or murder etc.

Continuing a life you don't want is not only cruel to yourself, but you're going to end up being a burden on society. Best to remove yourself and only be a temporary burden while they dispose of you.

>> Otherwise life becomes a prison sentence.
>
> Even sillier than you usually manage.

Why is it silly? Can you not understand that some people do not wish to live?

--
A Muslim told me he had the Koran on DVD.
He got really upset when I asked him to burn me a copy.

Rod Speed

Nov 9, 2015, 6:31:50 PM11/9/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Wrong. When paracetamol was completely unlimited
FAR more didn't end up dead than did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol#Liver_damage

> Anyway, forcing someone to live against their will

That isn't what is being discussed. What is being discussed
is discouraging them from killing themselves THAT WAY.

> is as bad as killing someone against their will.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

>>> We MUST have the freedom to do anything we wish in life if it does not
>>> affect anyone else.

>> It always does with suicide, even if its just those who
>> have to cart the corpse away and do the paperwork.
>> Yes, that has to happen sometime, but it makes sense
>> to make it harder to kill yourself when that needs the
>> system to work out if it was suicide or murder etc.

> Continuing a life you don't want is not only cruel to yourself,

Depends on whether you change your
mind on that. Plenty who attempt that do.

> but you're going to end up being a burden on society.

Not necessarily.

> Best to remove yourself and only be a temporary burden while they dispose
> of you.

Even when that is true, paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

>>> Otherwise life becomes a prison sentence.

>> Even sillier than you usually manage.

> Why is it silly?

Because its nothing even remotely like a prison sentence.

> Can you not understand that some people do not wish to live?

Corse I do and for plenty it does make sense to kill themselves.

But using paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

F Murtz

Nov 10, 2015, 2:53:43 AM11/10/15
The whole thing is getting stupid,once we could get many chemicals to do
oneself in now they are making it difficult, when it comes to my time I
will be limited to very easy but horrifying to relatives methods.

Davey

Nov 10, 2015, 5:54:22 AM11/10/15
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:53:36 +1100
F Murtz <hag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I just looked in Tesco this afternoon. Paracetamol is available in
> > packs of 16 or 24, and Ibuprofen in packs of 8, 12 or 16. But you
> > can still only buy two packs of 8 Ibuprofen, or two packs of 16.
> > Nuts.
> The whole thing is getting stupid,once we could get many chemicals to
> do oneself in now they are making it difficult, when it comes to my
> time I will be limited to very easy but horrifying to relatives
> methods.

One consequence of this process is that a product called Nitromors,
which is used to strip paint off of car parts before restoration and
repainting or replating them, has had its formula f....d with so as to
emasculate it. I believe this was due to some European Directive. The
beneficial effects of this change may be real, but are tiny, whereas
the inconvenience to the hobbyist user is huge.

Here we are:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloromethane

--
Davey.

F Murtz

Nov 10, 2015, 6:09:05 AM11/10/15
We can still get it here if you know where and which processes it is
legal for.

Davey

Nov 10, 2015, 6:16:20 AM11/10/15
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:09:03 +1100
'Here' being where? Somewhere in the Land of President Sturgeon?

Although I am not looking for old-fashioned Nitromors myself, I have
no need of it.

--
Davey.

F Murtz

Nov 10, 2015, 7:51:44 AM11/10/15
Here being Australia and not nitromoors, but the Dichloromethane

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 10, 2015, 10:55:26 AM11/10/15
I've always thought drowning is best. I couldn't bring myself to slice my wrists or jump off a cliff. And I might not die but just break several bones. Just swim to the middle of a deep lake, then take a deep breath and swim vertically down until you can't hold your air in any longer. You now cannot back out as you won't reach the surface before drowning.

--
Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because that is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

whisky-dave

Nov 10, 2015, 11:17:46 AM11/10/15
it's to stop anyone taking them whether delibrately or by accident,
which includes kids thinking they are sweets.
and that link says nothing to prove you point, try reading it.

> > Best to remove yourself and only be a temporary burden while they dispose
> > of you.
>
> Even when that is true, paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

doesn't stop people trying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html

> > Can you not understand that some people do not wish to live?
>
> Corse I do and for plenty it does make sense to kill themselves.
>
> But using paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

for most they see it as an easy way to go about it, quick and convient or they do it as a cry for help an ex flatmate tried it so I know, they just take whatever pills are at hand the more there are the more likely you are to succseed in killing yourself it really is that easy to understand.

dennis@home

Nov 10, 2015, 11:28:25 AM11/10/15
On 10/11/2015 15:55, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> I've always thought drowning is best. I couldn't bring myself to slice
> my wrists or jump off a cliff. And I might not die but just break
> several bones. Just swim to the middle of a deep lake, then take a deep
> breath and swim vertically down until you can't hold your air in any
> longer. You now cannot back out as you won't reach the surface before
> drowning.

I recommend that you get a big heavy motor cycle chain and put it around
your neck, lock it and throw the key down a drain.
Now get an inflatable doll and use it to swim out.
Use a knife to cut the doll in half.

Please.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 10, 2015, 11:34:10 AM11/10/15
That is a far better idea if I wanted to die.

But for your purposes you are welcome to killfile me if you can't handle my intellect.

--
Maybe "god" doesn't really care about religions, which were, after all, created by men... just like "god" was.

Mick

Nov 10, 2015, 12:48:10 PM11/10/15
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:28:21 -0000, dennis@home
> <den...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> On 10/11/2015 15:55, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>

>>> I've always thought drowning is best. I couldn't bring myself to
>>> slice my wrists or jump off a cliff. And I might not die but just
>>> break several bones. Just swim to the middle of a deep lake, then
>>> take a deep breath and swim vertically down until you can't hold
>>> your air in any longer. You now cannot back out as you won't reach
>>> the surface before drowning.
>>>

>> I recommend that you get a big heavy motor cycle chain and put it
>> around your neck, lock it and throw the key down a drain.
>> Now get an inflatable doll and use it to swim out.
>> Use a knife to cut the doll in half.
>>
>> Please.

seconded

> That is a far better idea if I wanted to die.
>
> But for your purposes you are welcome to killfile me if you can't
> handle my intellect.

he won't do that as he likes to take the piss out of you
we all like to take the piss out of the group idiot/wanker

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2015, 1:18:09 PM11/10/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Doesn't appeal to me at all.

> I couldn't bring myself to slice my wrists

Yeah, much too crude and unreliable.

> or jump off a cliff.

Not keen on the possibility of lying at the
bottom of it waiting to die in a lot of pain.

> And I might not die but just break several bones.

> Just swim to the middle of a deep lake, then take a deep breath and swim
> vertically down until you can't hold your air in any longer. You now
> cannot back out as you won't reach the surface before drowning.

You'd find that a lot harder to do than you might think.

Makes more sense to breath out fully and sink and then
find it impossible to get back to the surface quick enough
unless you chicken out just as you sink beneath the waves.

Much more practical to breath helium from one
of those party balloon cylinders into a big plastic
bag around your head or in the car.

Or get some nembutal from Mexico etc and drink it.

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2015, 1:38:21 PM11/10/15

"whisky-dave" <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Duh.

> or by accident, which includes kids thinking they are sweets.

The limit on how many you can buy at once has nothing to do with that.

> and that link says nothing to prove you point,

It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.

> try reading it.

Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.

>>> Best to remove yourself and only be a
>>> temporary burden while they dispose of you.

>> Even when that is true, paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

> doesn't stop people trying.

Duh.

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html

That number is straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

>>> Can you not understand that some people do not wish to live?

>> Corse I do and for plenty it does make sense to kill themselves.

>> But using paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.

> for most they see it as an easy way to go about it, quick and convient

Using paracetamol for that is nothing like that.

> or they do it as a cry for help an ex flatmate tried it so I know,

No you don't. ALL you know is that she took them.

> they just take whatever pills are at hand the more there are the more
> likely
> you are to succseed in killing yourself it really is that easy to
> understand.

Yes, there clearly are lots that stupid.

And I spose the limit on how many you can buy at once
does see fewer pills available to people that stupid even
tho it obviously has no effect on those who are determined
to kill themselves that way because they can just go to more
than one shop and get as many as they want.

Not clear why the packet isn't required to spell out the
downside with using them to kill yourself with tho,
maybe who ever decided not to go that way decided
that more fools would get the idea to use them from
that label than would not try to kill themselves that
way because of the label or something. As far as I
know no one world wide requires that sort of label.

But they don't with the other stuff mostly stupid
women use to kill themselves by drinking it either.

Norman Rowing

Nov 10, 2015, 2:12:11 PM11/10/15
What happened to the hose pipe off exhaust trick, doesn't that work
with modern clean engines?

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 10, 2015, 2:39:44 PM11/10/15
Greenies tell us catalytic converters are MORE toxic, especially when the engine is cold.

--
All religions are part of Operation Mindfuck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mindfuck

Rod Speed

Nov 10, 2015, 2:42:06 PM11/10/15

"Norman Rowing" <gee...@virgin.net> wrote in message
That's right, the catalytic converters get rid of the carbon monoxide that
kills you.

You can still get the same result with one of the small
portable generators, just go into the smallest room in
the house, or a cupboard and run it in there till you die
or run it in your car.

Bob Eager

Nov 10, 2015, 3:13:06 PM11/10/15
Use a VW.

Norman Rowing

Nov 10, 2015, 3:19:33 PM11/10/15
lol

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 10, 2015, 4:56:47 PM11/10/15
VWs aren't dirty, they just meet last year's standards which upsets the treehuggers.

--
Mary's lamb had foot and mouth.
The vet he came and shot it.

tony sayer

Nov 11, 2015, 5:51:19 AM11/11/15

>> I just looked in Tesco this afternoon. Paracetamol is available in
>> packs of 16 or 24, and Ibuprofen in packs of 8, 12 or 16. But you can
>> still only buy two packs of 8 Ibuprofen, or two packs of 16. Nuts.

Nope. Not so. Ibuprofen is a very potent drug and has to be used
carefully. It can cause stomach and kidney problems in sufficient
amounts and the "sufficient" for most all people isn't that much.

In fact i use it to combat age related arthritis and i have to see
doctors other then my GP about a couple of other aliments and when asked
what drugs do you take the moment i mention Ibuprofen eyebrows are
raised but only on that one drug.

I do take Omeprazole to counteract the gut rot it can produce but its a
matter of necessity and there are far more potent anti inflammatories
around that then but with some severe side effects.

With most all drugs its not the wanted effects but the unwanted ones!.
--
Tony Sayer

whisky-dave

Nov 11, 2015, 7:47:48 AM11/11/15
yes it is, it's to limit the number you have in the house.
The less in the bottel the less yuo can take simples.

> > and that link says nothing to prove you point,
>
> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.

yep 600 saved, try reading it.

> > try reading it.
>
> Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
> it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.

read it idiot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html

Restrictions on paracetamol sales saved 600 people from overdosing since 1998

Researchers say pack size restrictions have successfully curbed deaths
Fewer pills per bottle help prevent 'impulsive' suicide attempts
'More lives could be saved' if restrictions are tightened

all simple English words do you need someone to translate them to American ?

> >> Corse I do and for plenty it does make sense to kill themselves.
>
> >> But using paracetamol is a stupid way to do that.
>
> > for most they see it as an easy way to go about it, quick and convient
>
> Using paracetamol for that is nothing like that.

but in their state of mind they don't think like that.
People that are trying to commit suicide arent; always thinking straight in fact they rarely are thinking straight or logically, did yuo not know that.

> > or they do it as a cry for help an ex flatmate tried it so I know,
>
> No you don't. ALL you know is that she took them.

and why would you take 10-20 or so.

On the day she told me her boyfriend (or 2 years) was being secretive she believed he was going to propose, well he dumped her.
She had just returned from France where he grandmother has just been dianognosed with skin cancer so she went to see her, the day she returned she lost her job. Where she lived she was being evicted because the house was in not fit state to be rented and the owner sold it and given 2 weeks notice before going to france.
No job, no home, grandmother with skin cancer, no boyfriend all within 2 days.

> > they just take whatever pills are at hand the more there are the more
> > likely
> > you are to succseed in killing yourself it really is that easy to
> > understand.
>
> Yes, there clearly are lots that stupid.

yep and desperate, while some OD by takign difernt medicatiosn
without understanding what is in each and how they mount up.

> And I spose the limit on how many you can buy at once
> does see fewer pills available to people that stupid even
> tho it obviously has no effect on those who are determined
> to kill themselves that way because they can just go to more
> than one shop and get as many as they want.

But theres lots of evidence that shows that those thinking of
taking their own lifes don't go out and buy pills the same way they dont; go out and buy a really sharp knife or buy a car so they can do the exhaust pipe thing. People that are loking to kill themselves don't go out to purchase things especailly to kill themselves, they use whatever is to hand.

> Not clear why the packet isn't required to spell out the
> downside with using them to kill yourself with tho,

because those in that state aren't going to read the instructions.

> maybe who ever decided not to go that way decided
> that more fools would get the idea to use them from
> that label than would not try to kill themselves that
> way because of the label or something. As far as I
> know no one world wide requires that sort of label.

it's a cheap and relatively easily availble drug that almost everyone has heard of.

> But they don't with the other stuff mostly stupid
> women use to kill themselves by drinking it either.

what other stuff ?

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2015, 12:37:42 PM11/11/15

"whisky-dave" <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
But not because some little kids can think they are sweets.

> The less in the bottel the less yuo can take simples.

They aren't in a bottle, they are in blister packs.

>> > and that link says nothing to prove you point,
>>
>> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
>> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.

> yep 600 saved,

That number is straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

> try reading it.

Did that.

>> > try reading it.

>> Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
>> it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.

> read it idiot.

Read it, fuckwit.

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html

> Restrictions on paracetamol sales saved 600 people from overdosing since
> 1998

That number is straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

> Researchers say pack size restrictions have successfully curbed deaths
> Fewer pills per bottle help prevent 'impulsive' suicide attempts
> 'More lives could be saved' if restrictions are tightened

<reams of your shit flushed where it belongs>

>> > for most they see it as an easy way to go about it, quick and convient
>>
>> Using paracetamol for that is nothing like that.
>
> but in their state of mind they don't think like that.

So we should be explaining the problem so they
don't use paracetamol when they want to kill
themselves or attract attention to their situation.

> People that are trying to commit suicide arent;
> always thinking straight in fact they rarely are
> thinking straight or logically,

So we should be explaining the problem so they
don't use paracetamol when they want to kill
themselves or attract attention to their situation.

>> > or they do it as a cry for help an ex flatmate tried it so I know,
>>
>> No you don't. ALL you know is that she took them.
>
> and why would you take 10-20 or so.

To actually kill themselves.

> On the day she told me her boyfriend (or 2 years)
> was being secretive she believed he was going
> to propose, well he dumped her.

He clearly did realise how stupid she was.

> She had just returned from France where he
> grandmother has just been dianognosed with
> skin cancer so she went to see her, the day she
> returned she lost her job. Where she lived she
> was being evicted because the house was in
> not fit state to be rented and the owner sold it
> and given 2 weeks notice before going to france.
> No job, no home, grandmother with skin cancer,
> no boyfriend all within 2 days.

For all you know she may well have decided to
kill herself and was too stupid to do it properly.

>>> they just take whatever pills are at hand
>>> the more there are the more likely you
>>> are to succseed in killing yourself it
>>> really is that easy to understand.

>> Yes, there clearly are lots that stupid.

> yep and desperate, while some OD by takign
> difernt medicatiosn without understanding
> what is in each and how they mount up.

So the packet should make it clear
that it's a lousy way to kill yourself.

>> And I spose the limit on how many you can buy at once
>> does see fewer pills available to people that stupid even
>> tho it obviously has no effect on those who are determined
>> to kill themselves that way because they can just go to
>> more than one shop and get as many as they want.

> But theres lots of evidence that shows that those thinking
> of taking their own lifes don't go out and buy pills the
> same way they dont; go out and buy a really sharp knife
> or buy a car so they can do the exhaust pipe thing.

They don't because most of them already have a knife or car.

> People that are loking to kill themselves don't go
> out to purchase things especailly to kill themselves,

Plenty do.

> they use whatever is to hand.

Plenty don't have anything that appeals to them to hand.

>> Not clear why the packet isn't required to spell out the
>> downside with using them to kill yourself with tho,

> because those in that state aren't going to read the instructions.

But they may well read the instructions when they
buy it to use when they have a headache and then
not use it when they want to kill themselves.

>> maybe who ever decided not to go that way decided
>> that more fools would get the idea to use them from
>> that label than would not try to kill themselves that
>> way because of the label or something. As far as I
>> know no one world wide requires that sort of label.

> it's a cheap and relatively easily availble
> drug that almost everyone has heard of.

And its about time it was made clear to even the
most stupid that it's a lousy way to kill yourself.

>> But they don't with the other stuff mostly stupid
>> women use to kill themselves by drinking it either.

> what other stuff ?

All sorts of stuff found around the house, drain cleaner,
pesticides, rat bait etc etc etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods#Pesticide

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 11, 2015, 4:56:34 PM11/11/15
If this was what the government wanted, they would allow euthanasia.

--
Why do our kids have to take the Iowa Test for Basic Skills?
Why can't we have a Georgia Test of Basic Skills with questions like,

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 11, 2015, 4:57:32 PM11/11/15
I've never known a kid be that stupid. Sweets are colourful and tasty. White pills aren't.

--
We were supposed to have flying cars in the 21st century.
The Internet is cool, but I'd rather have a flying car.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 11, 2015, 5:01:52 PM11/11/15
You can have as many as you like. I can buy 128 of them in the space of 15 minutes simply by stopping at all 4 supermarkets.

>> > and that link says nothing to prove you point,
>>
>> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
>> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.
>
> yep 600 saved, try reading it.

600 worthless individuals saved who are now no doubt taxing society.

>> > try reading it.
>>
>> Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
>> it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.
>
> read it idiot.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html
>
> Restrictions on paracetamol sales saved 600 people from overdosing since 1998
>
> Researchers say pack size restrictions have successfully curbed deaths
> Fewer pills per bottle help prevent 'impulsive' suicide attempts
> 'More lives could be saved' if restrictions are tightened
>
> all simple English words do you need someone to translate them to American ?

He's Australian.

>> > for most they see it as an easy way to go about it, quick and convient
>>
>> Using paracetamol for that is nothing like that.
>
> but in their state of mind they don't think like that.
> People that are trying to commit suicide arent; always thinking straight in fact they rarely are thinking straight or logically, did yuo not know that.

It's a rather simple thought, "I wish to die".

>> > they just take whatever pills are at hand the more there are the more
>> > likely
>> > you are to succseed in killing yourself it really is that easy to
>> > understand.
>>
>> Yes, there clearly are lots that stupid.
>
> yep and desperate, while some OD by takign difernt medicatiosn
> without understanding what is in each and how they mount up.

If they sold cyanide tablets over the counter, these problems would go away. No half-dead people for the NHS to pay for.

>> And I spose the limit on how many you can buy at once
>> does see fewer pills available to people that stupid even
>> tho it obviously has no effect on those who are determined
>> to kill themselves that way because they can just go to more
>> than one shop and get as many as they want.
>
> But theres lots of evidence that shows that those thinking of
> taking their own lifes don't go out and buy pills the same way they dont; go out and buy a really sharp knife or buy a car so they can do the exhaust pipe thing. People that are loking to kill themselves don't go out to purchase things especailly to kill themselves, they use whatever is to hand.

Can you kill yourself if your car has a catalytic converter?

>> maybe who ever decided not to go that way decided
>> that more fools would get the idea to use them from
>> that label than would not try to kill themselves that
>> way because of the label or something. As far as I
>> know no one world wide requires that sort of label.
>
> it's a cheap and relatively easily availble drug that almost everyone has heard of.

Drowning is so much easier and guaranteed to kill you. If not, you won't be damaged.

--
A devout Muslim entered a black cab in London. He curtly asked the cabbie to turn off the radio because as decreed by his religious teaching, he must not listen to music because in the time of the prophet there was no music, especially Western music which is the music of the infidel.
The cab driver politely switched off the radio, stopped the cab and opened the door.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 11, 2015, 5:02:57 PM11/11/15
Cool! Wikipedia actually has a page telling you how to kill yourself!

--
Tip: Don't substitute salt for sugar in recipes.
It tastes like shit.

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2015, 6:52:07 PM11/11/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Euthanasia is an entirely different question, how those who
want to kill themselves but are not capable of doing that
for themselves, can get someone else to kill them instead.

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2015, 6:53:36 PM11/11/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
Regardless of who you may or may not have known, it does happen a bit.

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2015, 7:19:54 PM11/11/15

"Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
The point tho is that most who do want to
kill themselves that way don't actually go out
shopping for what they use to do that with.

It would be interesting to see the stats on what
has happened with failed attempts to kill yourself
using paracetamol in the countrys that have that
restriction on how many you can buy at once and
those that don't have any controls on that at all.

And given that its so trivially easy to have more
than say 32 pills at home if you want that buy
just getting more on the next shopping run etc,
the restriction doesn't really matter much to those
who do want to have more than 32 at home.

>>> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
>>> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.

>> yep 600 saved, try reading it.

> 600 worthless individuals saved who are now no doubt taxing society.

Not necessarily. With an unemployment
rate of 5.x% they are most likely paying
more in taxes than they are costing society.

Certainly those who no longer work may well be
costing the country more than they are paying in
taxes, particularly with their medical costs, but there
is no evidence that most of those are actually stupid
enough to try and kill themselves with paracetamol.

>>> Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
>>> it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.
>>
>> read it idiot.
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html
>>
>> Restrictions on paracetamol sales saved 600 people from overdosing since
>> 1998
>>
>> Researchers say pack size restrictions have successfully curbed
>> deaths
>> Fewer pills per bottle help prevent 'impulsive' suicide attempts
>> 'More lives could be saved' if restrictions are tightened
>>
>> all simple English words do you need someone to translate them to
>> American ?

> He's Australian.

That's just his pathetic excuse for an insult that any 2 year old could
leave for dead.

>>> Using paracetamol for that is nothing like that.
>>
>> but in their state of mind they don't think like that.

>> People that are trying to commit suicide arent; always thinking straight
>> in fact they rarely are thinking straight or logically, did yuo not know
>> that.

> It's a rather simple thought, "I wish to die".

But if they had even half a clue they wouldn't use paracetamol to do that.

>>> Yes, there clearly are lots that stupid.
>>
>> yep and desperate, while some OD by takign difernt medicatiosn
>> without understanding what is in each and how they mount up.

> If they sold cyanide tablets over the counter, these problems would go
> away. No half-dead people for the NHS to pay for.

True, but for some reason no society chooses to
go that route. At least its legal to kill yourself now.

>>> And I spose the limit on how many you can buy at once
>>> does see fewer pills available to people that stupid even
>>> tho it obviously has no effect on those who are determined
>>> to kill themselves that way because they can just go to more
>>> than one shop and get as many as they want.
>>
>> But theres lots of evidence that shows that those thinking of
>> taking their own lifes don't go out and buy pills the same way they dont;
>> go out and buy a really sharp knife or buy a car so they can do the
>> exhaust pipe thing. People that are loking to kill themselves don't go
>> out to purchase things especailly to kill themselves, they use whatever
>> is to hand.

> Can you kill yourself if your car has a catalytic converter?

Nope. You can with a portable generator tho.

>>> maybe who ever decided not to go that way decided
>>> that more fools would get the idea to use them from
>>> that label than would not try to kill themselves that
>>> way because of the label or something. As far as I
>>> know no one world wide requires that sort of label.

>> it's a cheap and relatively easily availble drug that almost everyone has
>> heard of.

> Drowning is so much easier

Yes, but it doesn't appeal to many.

> and guaranteed to kill you.

Not if you fuck it up and change your mind.

> If not, you won't be damaged.

That is just plain wrong.

Rod Speed

Nov 11, 2015, 7:21:04 PM11/11/15

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:37:33 -0000, Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "whisky-dave" <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> what other stuff ?
>>
>> All sorts of stuff found around the house, drain cleaner,
>> pesticides, rat bait etc etc etc.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods#Pesticide
>
> Cool! Wikipedia actually has a page telling you how to kill yourself!

It doesn't mention the best ways, breathing helium and drinking nembutal.

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 8:44:24 AM11/12/15
it limits the number that are in the house which in turn will limit the number a choild can swallow, it's doesn't matter whether they thinbk they are sweets or lumps of dirt in the garden, kids tends to stick things in their mouth.
IOn the UK we tend to give kids dummies to satisfy bthis need, in your language I think they call them pacifiers .

> > The less in the bottel the less yuo can take simples.
>
> They aren't in a bottle, they are in blister packs.

They used to be supplied in bottles too, which was teh problem as once opened
a 100 could fall out.

> >> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
> >> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.
>
> > yep 600 saved,
>
> That number is straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

your mouth, nose and arse are too close together that's you're problem.

> > try reading it.
>
> Did that.

> >> Pointless telling your to put your brain in gear when reading
> >> it, clearly your ear to ear dog shit isn't up to that.
>
> > read it idiot.
>
> Read it, fuckwit.
>
> > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275365/Restrictions-paracetamol-sales-saved-600-people-overdosing.html
>
> > Restrictions on paracetamol sales saved 600 people from overdosing since
> > 1998
>
> That number is straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

Then get your nose out of your or whooevers arse you have it stuck up.

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 8:49:33 AM11/12/15
Is soil in the garden colourful and tastey ?

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 9:01:18 AM11/12/15
Yes of course but that is pre-planned, the restriction on buying a lot of these pills is to stop peolpe keeping large numbers such as buying a jar of 100-200.
There's no law against having as many of these pills as you want.
Same as there's no law restriciing you running as fast as you want, but speed limits exist for vehicles, bet you can;t work that one out by yourself either.

> >> It does on the numbers that show up in the ER because of
> >> paracetamol overdose and the number that end up dead.
> >
> > yep 600 saved, try reading it.
>
> 600 worthless individuals saved who are now no doubt taxing society.

or paying tax as most people do.
Then again nmy flatmate who tried ODing ended up teaching English and French in Australia as they wanted someone to teach you Australians the English Language so they hasd to employ a French girl to teach idiotic Australians the differnce between English and american which you clearly don't know.
Yes so it is probbl;ey a complete waste of time educating Australians like yourself you're just Americans afterall.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 9:01:51 AM11/12/15
No, which is why they don't eat that either. What kind of fuckwit kids have you got round there?

Besides, you can tell them what they are not meant to eat. Unlike dogs, they can understand English.

--
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 9:17:03 AM11/12/15
I just got over 100 in the example above with little more thought or time than going to 1 shop.

> There's no law against having as many of these pills as you want.

Exactly. Most people (including myself) stock them up so we don't run out (because of the stupid law preventing convenient purchase). I probably have enough to kill myself in the kitchen, but wouldn't have if the law wasn't there. So they've actually made the situation worse.

> Same as there's no law restriciing you running as fast as you want, but speed limits exist for vehicles, bet you can;t work that one out by yourself either.

The answer is, the law is fucking stupid.

>> > yep 600 saved, try reading it.
>>
>> 600 worthless individuals saved who are now no doubt taxing society.
>
> or paying tax as most people do.

Not the suicidal dregs of society.

> Then again nmy flatmate who tried ODing ended up teaching English and French in Australia as they wanted someone to teach you Australians the English Language so they hasd to employ a French girl to teach idiotic Australians the differnce between English and american which you clearly don't know.
> Yes so it is probbl;ey a complete waste of time educating Australians like yourself you're just Americans afterall.

I'm Scottish by birth and English (and part Swedish) by blood. No Australian in me.

And Aussies aren't Americans. Aussies speak English, Americans don't.

--
The wife had a birthday and her husband wanted to know what she desired. She said she'd like to have a Jaguar.
He didn't think it was best for her.

Bod

Nov 12, 2015, 9:19:28 AM11/12/15
And Strine :-)

--
Bod

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 10:26:35 AM11/12/15
That's an accent. Americans change all the words.

--
I spilt spot remover on my dog, and now he's gone.

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 10:31:51 AM11/12/15
They do.
http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/En/News/NewsAndFeatures/Pages/The-hazards-and-benefits-of-eating-dirt.aspx

Yes, people eat dirt, especially children. The Environmental Protection Agency of the United States estimates that more than 20% of normal children eat around a teaspoon of soil on several occasions, usually between one and three years of age.

> What kind of fuckwit kids have you got round there?

same as in most of the world, the differnce is some of us know about it.

> Besides, you can tell them what they are not meant to eat.

children of 1 year old don't normally understand English or any other language.

> Unlike dogs, they can understand English.

but like dogs some can understadn an emotion behind a Yes or a No but that's about it at that age.

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 10:55:17 AM11/12/15
On Thursday, 12 November 2015 14:17:03 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:01:15 -0000, whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> You can have as many as you like. I can buy 128 of them in the space of 15 minutes simply by stopping at all 4 supermarkets.
> >
> > Yes of course but that is pre-planned, the restriction on buying a lot of these pills is to stop peolpe keeping large numbers such as buying a jar of 100-200.
>
> I just got over 100 in the example above with little more thought or time than going to 1 shop.

Legally you can only buy that many at one time from prescription outlets, you can get pretty much anything on line in any quantity.

> > There's no law against having as many of these pills as you want.
>
> Exactly. Most people (including myself) stock them up so we don't run out (because of the stupid law preventing convenient purchase).

How many paracetomol do you need.
I needed a couple two weeks ago and the expirey date on the pack was 2013.

That's how many I need in say ~4 years 5 or 6 tablets at the most.
Why would I buy 100 a week when I typically only need a couple a year ?

> I probably have enough to kill myself in the kitchen,

you keep paracetomol in the kitchen ?

> but wouldn't have if the law wasn't there. So they've actually made the situation worse.

How does the law make the situation worse ?, or worse than what.
I have knifes in my cultery draw. I have electric in my sockets as most people do. I have a roof, there are ponds nearby, busy roads, and the great cycle highways I think 10 or so have died this year on them.

> > Same as there's no law restricing you running as fast as you want, but speed limits exist for vehicles, bet you can;t work that one out by yourself either.
>
> The answer is, the law is fucking stupid.

See told you you can't work it out for yourself.
The speed resriction there is to stop you injuring other people NOT yourself.

http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-attempted-suicide/celebrity-lists?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-169.9hDlXjzlQFi9OgM7W38JWQ.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk

> > Then again nmy flatmate who tried ODing ended up teaching English and French in Australia as they wanted someone to teach you Australians the English Language so they hasd to employ a French girl to teach idiotic Australians the differnce between English and american which you clearly don't know.
> > Yes so it is probbl;ey a complete waste of time educating Australians like yourself you're just Americans afterall.

> I'm Scottish by birth and English (and part Swedish) by blood. No Australian in me.

don;t bend over in front of Rod then.

> And Aussies aren't Americans. Aussies speak English, Americans don't.

A significant number of australians speak american NOT english.
See how Rod Speed spells "though" it's "thru" american.

Lots of Australians are brought up in schools that teach English the American way.

Rod Speed
00:19 (15 hours ago)

The point tho is that most who do want to
kill themselves that way don't actually go out
shopping for what they use to do that with.

tho is NOT english.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 11:06:17 AM11/12/15
It's just dirt. Your child would have to be a lot stupider to eat unknown tablets or drink bleach or some such thing. And if he was, well then he's best out of the gene pool.

>> What kind of fuckwit kids have you got round there?
>
> same as in most of the world, the differnce is some of us know about it.

Protecting the stupid makes the next generation lower intelligence.

>> Besides, you can tell them what they are not meant to eat.
>
> children of 1 year old don't normally understand English or any other language.

Children of 1 year old don't go in the medicine cabinet.

>> Unlike dogs, they can understand English.
>
> but like dogs some can understadn an emotion behind a Yes or a No but that's about it at that age.

All that's needed.

--
My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 11:12:28 AM11/12/15
On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:55:14 -0000, whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes of course but that is pre-planned, the restriction on buying a lot of these pills is to stop peolpe keeping large numbers such as buying a jar of 100-200.
>>
>> I just got over 100 in the example above with little more thought or time than going to 1 shop.
>
> Legally you can only buy that many at one time from prescription outlets, you can get pretty much anything on line in any quantity.

I've looked on Ebay and can't see any. Not at 1p a tablet anyway.

>> > There's no law against having as many of these pills as you want.
>>
>> Exactly. Most people (including myself) stock them up so we don't run out (because of the stupid law preventing convenient purchase).
>
> How many paracetomol do you need.
> I needed a couple two weeks ago and the expirey date on the pack was 2013.
>
> That's how many I need in say ~4 years 5 or 6 tablets at the most.
> Why would I buy 100 a week when I typically only need a couple a year ?

Most people get headaches a lot more often than that. All it takes is to forget to have a drink for a while. I get one perhaps every 2 or 3 days.

> > I probably have enough to kill myself in the kitchen,
>
> you keep paracetomol in the kitchen ?

Er yeah.... why not? It's in one of the food cupboards, seemed a sensible place to put it.

>> but wouldn't have if the law wasn't there. So they've actually made the situation worse.
>
> How does the law make the situation worse ?, or worse than what.

Because it encourages stockpiling.

> I have knifes in my cultery draw. I have electric in my sockets as most people do. I have a roof, there are ponds nearby, busy roads, and the great cycle highways I think 10 or so have died this year on them.

For now. Pretty soon everything will be banned. We'll have mandatory blunt knives, 12 volts in our sockets, ponds must be no more than 6 inches deep, and roads will have cars going at 5mph.

>> > Same as there's no law restricing you running as fast as you want, but speed limits exist for vehicles, bet you can;t work that one out by yourself either.
>>
>> The answer is, the law is fucking stupid.
>
> See told you you can't work it out for yourself.
> The speed resriction there is to stop you injuring other people NOT yourself.

Cars have got better at stopping and better at not killing whoever they hit, yet they lower the limit instead of increasing it.

>> > or paying tax as most people do.
>>
>> Not the suicidal dregs of society.
>
> http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-attempted-suicide/celebrity-lists?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-169.9hDlXjzlQFi9OgM7W38JWQ.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk

A celebrity isn't intelligent, just hot.

>> > Then again nmy flatmate who tried ODing ended up teaching English and French in Australia as they wanted someone to teach you Australians the English Language so they hasd to employ a French girl to teach idiotic Australians the differnce between English and american which you clearly don't know.
>> > Yes so it is probbl;ey a complete waste of time educating Australians like yourself you're just Americans afterall.
>
>> I'm Scottish by birth and English (and part Swedish) by blood. No Australian in me.
>
> don;t bend over in front of Rod then.

ROFL and EUGH!

>> And Aussies aren't Americans. Aussies speak English, Americans don't.
>
> A significant number of australians speak american NOT english.

No.

> See how Rod Speed spells "though" it's "thru" american.

Thru is shorthand for through, and is used widely in the UK.

> Lots of Australians are brought up in schools that teach English the American way.
>
> Rod Speed
> 00:19 (15 hours ago)
>

> "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
> The point tho is that most who do want to
> kill themselves that way don't actually go out
> shopping for what they use to do that with.
>

> tho is NOT english.

He's just being economical with his typing. He doesn't write color for example, or talk about sidewalks instead of pavements.

--
If I were two faced, would I be wearing this one?

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 11:51:49 AM11/12/15
On Thursday, 12 November 2015 16:06:17 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

> >> No, which is why they don't eat that either.
> >
> > They do.
> > http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/En/News/NewsAndFeatures/Pages/The-hazards-and-benefits-of-eating-dirt.aspx
> >
> > Yes, people eat dirt, especially children. The Environmental Protection Agency of the United States estimates that more than 20% of normal children eat around a teaspoon of soil on several occasions, usually between one and three years of age.
>
> It's just dirt.

along with dogs or cats shit, which can send a baby or a yuong child blind. but try telling a 1 yeaold not to put their hand in their mouth.

> Your child would have to be a lot stupider to eat unknown tablets.

all tab;es are unknown to a young child.

>or drink bleach or some such thing.

So why do bleach bottles and other kitchen cleaners have child proof bottle tops ?

> And if he was, well then he's best out of the gene pool.

children have differnt taste buds to adults.

> >> What kind of fuckwit kids have you got round there?
> >
> > same as in most of the world, the differnce is some of us know about it.
>
> Protecting the stupid makes the next generation lower intelligence.

There's no proof of that. It's usually the most inteligent that kill themselves
or rather more successful at doing so.

http://suicideproject.org/2010/08/proof-that-the-more-intelligent-you-are-the-more-likely-you-are-to-commit-suicide/

It's those that don't plan it that are more liklely to survive, my flatmat left her house at ~3am to talk the streets as she couldn't find sa chemist open to buy any more pills that's why she left the house to buy more pills. She couldn't find a chemist open in Hendon at 3am. Some think that you can just pick up paracetmol from any shop any time. In Hendon it's easier to score crack, canibis and cociane than paracetmol at 3am.

> >> Besides, you can tell them what they are not meant to eat.
> >
> > children of 1 year old don't normally understand English or any other language.
>
> Children of 1 year old don't go in the medicine cabinet.
Some keep medicines in kitchen cabinets, again it is why they have child prrof tops, if every parent kept such chemicals out of reach of kids they wouldn;lt need child proof caps would they ?
if everyone was inteligent they'd keep such thing locked out of harms way,
so why did the indistry have to develope child proof containers.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 12:01:33 PM11/12/15
On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:51:42 -0000, whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > They do.
>> > http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/En/News/NewsAndFeatures/Pages/The-hazards-and-benefits-of-eating-dirt.aspx
>> >
>> > Yes, people eat dirt, especially children. The Environmental Protection Agency of the United States estimates that more than 20% of normal children eat around a teaspoon of soil on several occasions, usually between one and three years of age.
>>
>> It's just dirt.
>
> along with dogs or cats shit, which can send a baby or a yuong child blind. but try telling a 1 yeaold not to put their hand in their mouth.

Eating shit, which stinks, would require the child to be beyond stupid.

>> Your child would have to be a lot stupider to eat unknown tablets.
>
> all tab;es are unknown to a young child.

Which is why they don't eat them. They eat what their mother has told them is food.

> >or drink bleach or some such thing.
>
> So why do bleach bottles and other kitchen cleaners have child proof bottle tops ?

Because of a stupid law. What the law is too thick to realise is that children are actually BETTER at removing those than adults. They have smaller hands. You will often find someone asking their child to open one for them, as when an adult tries with larger hands, the bloody thing just spins round and clicks. I've actually sawn one off before as I couldn't get into it and there was no child available.

>> And if he was, well then he's best out of the gene pool.
>
> children have differnt taste buds to adults.

No they don't, I enjoy the same food now as I did when I was a kid.

>> > same as in most of the world, the differnce is some of us know about it.
>>
>> Protecting the stupid makes the next generation lower intelligence.
>
> There's no proof of that.

It doesn't need proof, it's fucking obvious. It's how evolution works. You pass on your genes, including strength, agility, intelligence, good looks, etc, etc.

> It's usually the most inteligent that kill themselves
> or rather more successful at doing so.
>
> http://suicideproject.org/2010/08/proof-that-the-more-intelligent-you-are-the-more-likely-you-are-to-commit-suicide/

Probably because they're clever enough to realise how fucked up the world is and that they don't wish to be a part of it.

> It's those that don't plan it that are more liklely to survive, my flatmat left her house at ~3am to talk the streets as she couldn't find sa chemist open to buy any more pills that's why she left the house to buy more pills. She couldn't find a chemist open in Hendon at 3am. Some think that you can just pick up paracetmol from any shop any time. In Hendon it's easier to score crack, canibis and cociane than paracetmol at 3am.

No bridges nearby? No motorways? Train tracks? Knife to slit her wrist?

>> > children of 1 year old don't normally understand English or any other language.
>>
>> Children of 1 year old don't go in the medicine cabinet.
> Some keep medicines in kitchen cabinets, again it is why they have child prrof tops, if every parent kept such chemicals out of reach of kids they wouldn;lt need child proof caps would they ?

Kitchen cabinets are at two levels silly.

> if everyone was inteligent they'd keep such thing locked out of harms way,

I've never known anyone keep bleach anywhere but under the kitchen sink. And I've never known any child attempt to drink it or even use it for any purpose whatsoever.

> so why did the indistry have to develope child proof containers.

Except they aren't child proof.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

whisky-dave

Nov 12, 2015, 12:09:05 PM11/12/15
On Thursday, 12 November 2015 16:12:28 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:55:14 -0000, whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I just got over 100 in the example above with little more thought or time than going to 1 shop.
> >
> > Legally you can only buy that many at one time from prescription outlets, you can get pretty much anything on line in any quantity.
>
> I've looked on Ebay and can't see any. Not at 1p a tablet anyway.

Ebay isn't a pharmaceutical outlet, maybe that's why.
If you want to buy more than 100 paracetmol in one package yuo have to go to a proper chemsist.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1325.aspx?categoryid=73&subcategoryid=101

General sales list medicines

GSL medicines can be sold by a wide range of shops, such as newsagents, supermarkets and petrol stations. Often, only a small pack size or low strength of the medicine may be sold. For example:

the largest pack size of paracetamol that shops can sell is 16 tablets but pharmacies can sell packs of 32 tablets
the highest strength of ibuprofen tablets that shops can sell is 200mg but pharmacies can sell tablets at 400mg strength

When my mother need more than a weeks worth of cyclosporen the local chemsist said he's only allowed to keep 1 weeks supply after the hospital phoned him he then supplied a months worth at a time.My ex america flatmat used to get small 100ml bottles of methadone from the a chemist on prescription.

> > That's how many I need in say ~4 years 5 or 6 tablets at the most.
> > Why would I buy 100 a week when I typically only need a couple a year ?
>
> Most people get headaches a lot more often than that. All it takes is to forget to have a drink for a while. I get one perhaps every 2 or 3 days.

See a doctor then, it's what killed my father, pressure in the head he kept gettign headaches kept taking pills by going from one shop to another.

> > > I probably have enough to kill myself in the kitchen,
> >
> > you keep paracetomol in the kitchen ?
>
> Er yeah.... why not? It's in one of the food cupboards, seemed a sensible place to put it.

Yes sure, do you keep the bleech and vodka next to each other too ?

> >> but wouldn't have if the law wasn't there. So they've actually made the situation worse.
> >
> > How does the law make the situation worse ?, or worse than what.
>
> Because it encourages stockpiling.

no it doesn't.

> >> The answer is, the law is fucking stupid.
> >
> > See told you you can't work it out for yourself.
> > The speed resriction there is to stop you injuring other people NOT yourself.
>
> Cars have got better at stopping and better at not killing whoever they hit, yet they lower the limit instead of increasing it.

that's because while cars are better the drivers are worse.

> >> Not the suicidal dregs of society.
> >
> > http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-attempted-suicide/celebrity-lists?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-169.9hDlXjzlQFi9OgM7W38JWQ.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk
>
> A celebrity isn't intelligent, just hot.

Each to his own but I don't see Elton John as hot.
They make quite a bit of money.

> > don;t bend over in front of Rod then.
>
> ROFL and EUGH!

Yes sorry about that image I thought it was friday.

> >> And Aussies aren't Americans. Aussies speak English, Americans don't.
> >
> > A significant number of australians speak american NOT english.
>
> No.
>
> > See how Rod Speed spells "though" it's "thru" american.
>
> Thru is shorthand for through, and is used widely in the UK.

Not by the English, unless you're refering to KFC drive thru.

> > Lots of Australians are brought up in schools that teach English the American way.
> >
> > Rod Speed
> > 00:19 (15 hours ago)
> >

> > "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
> > The point tho is that most who do want to
> > kill themselves that way don't actually go out
> > shopping for what they use to do that with.
> >

> > tho is NOT english.
>
> He's just being economical with his typing. He doesn't write color for example, or talk about sidewalks instead of pavements.

he doesnt; talk much sense either.
But I bet he does spell color like that if yuo found it in an old post.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 12:41:14 PM11/12/15
On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:08:57 -0000, whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 November 2015 16:12:28 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

>> > Legally you can only buy that many at one time from prescription outlets, you can get pretty much anything on line in any quantity.
>>
>> I've looked on Ebay and can't see any. Not at 1p a tablet anyway.
>
> Ebay isn't a pharmaceutical outlet, maybe that's why.

It most certainly is, I can buy any medicine on there, just not as cheap as Asda.

> If you want to buy more than 100 paracetmol in one package yuo have to go to a proper chemsist.
>
> http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1325.aspx?categoryid=73&subcategoryid=101
> General sales list medicines
>
> GSL medicines can be sold by a wide range of shops, such as newsagents, supermarkets and petrol stations. Often, only a small pack size or low strength of the medicine may be sold. For example:
>
> the largest pack size of paracetamol that shops can sell is 16 tablets but pharmacies can sell packs of 32 tablets
> the highest strength of ibuprofen tablets that shops can sell is 200mg but pharmacies can sell tablets at 400mg strength
>

> When my mother need more than a weeks worth of cyclosporen the local chemsist said he's only allowed to keep 1 weeks supply after the hospital phoned him he then supplied a months worth at a time.My ex america flatmat used to get small 100ml bottles of methadone from the a chemist on prescription.

What a fucking palava. Free country my arse.

>> > That's how many I need in say ~4 years 5 or 6 tablets at the most.
>> > Why would I buy 100 a week when I typically only need a couple a year ?
>>
>> Most people get headaches a lot more often than that. All it takes is to forget to have a drink for a while. I get one perhaps every 2 or 3 days.
>
> See a doctor then, it's what killed my father, pressure in the head he kept gettign headaches kept taking pills by going from one shop to another.

Medicine isn't yet a science. I once got a headache which wouldn't go away with paracetamol. The doctor said "it could be anything" and prescribed me a stronger dose.

>> > you keep paracetomol in the kitchen ?
>>
>> Er yeah.... why not? It's in one of the food cupboards, seemed a sensible place to put it.
>
> Yes sure, do you keep the bleech and vodka next to each other too ?

No, but only because the cleaning products and the alcohol products take up a whole cupboard each.

The paracetamol is in a seperate container to the food, how are they going to mix? And if they did, it's not going to be in a significant proportion. They're in seperate containers.

>> > How does the law make the situation worse ?, or worse than what.
>>
>> Because it encourages stockpiling.
>
> no it doesn't.

I just explained why it does. I have bought several 100, by collecting some every time I go past Asda etc, so I will never run out. If I only bought two packs at a time, I could run out before the next time I go past a supermarket.

>> > See told you you can't work it out for yourself.
>> > The speed resriction there is to stop you injuring other people NOT yourself.
>>
>> Cars have got better at stopping and better at not killing whoever they hit, yet they lower the limit instead of increasing it.
>
> that's because while cars are better the drivers are worse.

Bullshit. Drivers are either the same or better, they are certainly not worse.

>> > http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-attempted-suicide/celebrity-lists?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-169.9hDlXjzlQFi9OgM7W38JWQ.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk
>>
>> A celebrity isn't intelligent, just hot.
>
> Each to his own but I don't see Elton John as hot.
> They make quite a bit of money.

I wasn't thinking of those, I was thinking of actors.

>> > don;t bend over in front of Rod then.
>>
>> ROFL and EUGH!
>
> Yes sorry about that image I thought it was friday.

What has the day of the week to do with it?

>> > A significant number of australians speak american NOT english.
>>
>> No.
>>
>> > See how Rod Speed spells "though" it's "thru" american.
>>
>> Thru is shorthand for through, and is used widely in the UK.
>
> Not by the English, unless you're refering to KFC drive thru.

Have you never seen it written: "Open doors 1 thru 7"?

>> > Lots of Australians are brought up in schools that teach English the American way.
>> >
>> > Rod Speed
>> > 00:19 (15 hours ago)
>> >

>> > "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> > The point tho is that most who do want to
>> > kill themselves that way don't actually go out
>> > shopping for what they use to do that with.
>> >

>> > tho is NOT english.
>>
>> He's just being economical with his typing. He doesn't write color for example, or talk about sidewalks instead of pavements.
>
> he doesnt; talk much sense either.
> But I bet he does spell color like that if yuo found it in an old post.

I will leave Rod to answer this.

--
I go fishing; I catch nothing. I go to orgies; I catch everything.

Tough Guy no. 1265

Nov 12, 2015, 12:41:14 PM11/12/15
> [...]

>> > See how Rod Speed spells "though" it's "thru" american.
>>
>> Thru is shorthand for through, and is used widely in the UK.
>
> Not by the English, unless you're refering to KFC drive thru.

Have you never seen it written: "Open doors 1 thru 7"?

>> > Lots of Australians are brought up in schools that teach English the American way.
>> >
>> > Rod Speed
>> > 00:19 (15 hours ago)
>> >

>> > "Tough Guy no. 1265" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> > The point tho is that most who do want to
>> > kill themselves that way don't actually go out
>> > shopping for what they use to do that with.
>> >

>> > tho is NOT english.
>>
>> He's just being economical with his typing. He doesn't write color for example, or talk about sidewalks instead of pavements.
>
> he doesnt; talk much sense either.
> But I bet he does spell color like that if yuo found it in an old post.

It is loading more messages.