Meeting Tonight

Russ Garrett

Apr 9, 2012, 10:40:10 AM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

I believe tonight's meeting will be at 19:30 at the Prince Albert, as last week. Paul was going to organise this and I haven't heard back from him yet.

Mat Burnham

Apr 9, 2012, 10:53:23 AM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Am just having a wander around the site in the rain. Not a lot to report but will post pics later. Anything particular I ought to look at in the next ten minutes?

Russ Garrett

Apr 9, 2012, 10:55:13 AM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Check under the M1 bridges and see if there's water leaking through the structure. Thanks!

Paul Dart

Apr 9, 2012, 11:19:53 AM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, 9 April 2012, Russ Garrett wrote:

I believe tonight's meeting will be at 19:30 at the Prince Albert, as last week. Paul was going to organise this and I haven't heard back from him yet.

Hiya,

Yes I have reserved a table under my name. I'll be getting there about 7pm probably to have some food, and the meeting will start at 7.30 :)
See you there!

Paul

Russ Garrett

Apr 9, 2012, 2:26:35 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

I'm going to be slightly late, I'm at highbury and the train doesn't leave for 7 minutes. Should be with you at 19:40ish.

Mat Burnham

Apr 9, 2012, 3:31:23 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
I've put some photos up on Flickr.

Due to the slowness of my phone sending and receiving I got your message as I got back to the car. In my wander it certainly looked pretty dry under the motorway bridges with the exception of the 'wet channels' where water had collected previously and the intentional downpipes (pic) were dribbling a bit. The Tongwell Street bridge had a lot more and obvious damp running down its side but I imagine this one is much less of an issue to us.

It was certainly raining rather than drizzle but perhaps not particularly heavy while I was there. The ground was soggy, but not unduly so. The hardstanding has puddles in places, but even the muddier tracks weren't too soft to walk on.

There was a bit of stink from the sewage works when I got there, but I got used to it after half an hour. Wind was 210/17G29 (SSW 17 gusting 29) according to windfinder.com so not blowing driectly from the sewage works to the park. I reckon it smelt worse passing it on the motorway on the way home.

Mat

Mat Burnham

Apr 9, 2012, 3:43:44 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Have also put a couple of videos up there to illustrate the road noise. One if from adjacent the road, the other from what I thougth was a quieter area by the river near Willen Lake (I could easily hear the birds singing there), but am not sure there's that much difference in the recordings now I play them back.

Adrian Godwin

Apr 9, 2012, 4:00:54 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Difficult to say how much water might get through if the rain was
really bad, but I think it rained last night (at least, it did 15
miles away) and it doesn't seem to have caused any major problems
under the bridges, so that's fairly hopeful.

Thanks for the pics of the containers - we forget to look in those last time.

I think the auto gain control has worked harder on the second video
(much more obvious wind noise) which is why it still seems a bit noisy
further from the motorway.

Not sure what to think about the treatment works. That's the first
time we've found any problem on the site.

-adrian

Adrian Godwin

Apr 9, 2012, 4:02:44 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Can you remember where you found that acetylene cylinder ? I think I'd
quite like the council to get rid of that ..

Mat Burnham

Apr 9, 2012, 4:38:41 PM4/9/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Yeah it was on the ground just outside the containers.

The smell wasn't that bad. More like a stagnant water pong than sewage.