Burning

SOFI...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2010, 7:02:16 PM9/10/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang,

Thanks for a great time on the playa.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Lets do Beverly Hills Hillbillies and make the front of the truck look like a huge Rolls Royce and the back a hay ride.  Maybe it would not over heat as fast.  I have to say seeing Fi hang and get bashed was a hoot.

I think that group meals are great but we need to have enough food for everyone.  But, if someone signs up for a group meal they should not be burdened with all the costs in feeding 50 people and do all the work, too.

There should be a system of identifying kitchen helpers, etc so that the captains can enlist their help in whatever tasks are at hand.  Maybe colored bands?

Get rid of the kitchen sink and put the cleaning station up on a table so we do not kill our backs cleaning dishes.

Anyway,  thanks for all the hard work that went into providing all of us great accommodations and fun.

xo
Gregory

John Bosco

Sep 12, 2010, 2:48:48 PM9/12/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
My head is still swirling with images and thoughts of the burn. As most of you know this was my second, and I must say it was better than my first. I laughed so hard I not only cried but the muscles in my face hurt at times. Also, the amount of love between everyone is something special. I'm not just referring to our lovey-dovey-ness out on the play or in Ms. P (which of course was great), but the general feeling of working as a family and partying like a family are salient features in my cabeza.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait til next year.

Love,
Bosco

ps-suggestions TK

Anna Mas.

Sep 13, 2010, 6:45:18 PM9/13/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com, ubert...@googlegroups.com
Piñatas Guapooooooooooooos!!!!
I am back to Barcelona, it was great to sleep in my bed after almost 2 months,  i had a 7 hours siesta! Oh yeah ; )
I still have the smile in my face, and
If i close my eyes i still can see pics of all you having fun and laughting. You know i am a burner and i love it, but you are the principal reason i love it that much! Thanks to everybody for be  as u are and become part of my life, u are simply the best! and thanks jenny to introduce me all them.
You all are in my heart and i can't wait the all year to see all u again... So come over to Barcelona all together, please,please,please and i will not let u go!!!! ; )
I already miss you!
Love you sooooo much!
Anna
P.s. Ocean i missed u so much at playa!!!!! Please, come over NeXT year, without you is not the same...
And Donken give thousand kisses to Mary from part,please!
Os quieroooooooooooooo mucho!
-muacs muacs muacs muacs ( kisses )
Enviado desde mi iPhone

Anna Mas.

Sep 13, 2010, 7:01:02 PM9/13/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Upssss.... If you say donken why u spell it Duncan????.... I don't undestand ... ; ) ; ) ; )
Enviado desde mi iPhone

Fi Cheng

Sep 13, 2010, 7:01:31 PM9/13/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Pinatas!

Ditto to all the warm fuzzy thoughts.  Have been back in New York for a few days and still feel rather utterly bereft.  It was a truly fabulous burn, from prep-party to clean up.

Special thanks to Mary Tanner and Duncan for opening up their home to all of us again.  It really is a little piece of paradise.

And ginormous thanks to each of you for all the good cheer, laughter, silly costumes, sweat, elbow grease, eye drops and love you brought to our camp.  And to ringers Ocean and Ben who put so much into making the camp this year but didn't make it out to the playa.  We missed you!!!

I'd thought this would be my last year but I left the playa totally stoked for Pinatas Redux 2011.  Let's make it even better and crazier next year! (and hopefully the harness won't look like Depends).
Mini - reunion this week with the Ticknors in town (yay!).

loveness,
Fi

p.s. mi casa es su casa if any of you are passing though the nyc.

Anna Mas.

Sep 13, 2010, 7:06:19 PM9/13/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
And thanks Fi .... for your jacket!  ; ) hahahaha

Enviado desde mi iPhone

matthew...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2010, 1:08:59 AM9/14/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Just arrived in nyc on a virgin america flight. I sat next to a burner from the red lantern camp and the flight attendant was on the playa 2004-2006. She suggests we write to sir richard branson and ask him to donate a artplane to the playa. If a boat can make it to the playa, why not a plane.

For all of you in NY, see you wednesday night.

Sending pinata love!
Matt

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Fi Cheng <fi.c...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:01:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [PIÑATA'S REVENGE] Burning

Andrew Barrett

Sep 14, 2010, 2:13:36 PM9/14/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone- from the playa I went to Denver for work, then back to LA, now on a plane to Boston.  Finally have some time to write my thoughts.  At one point this burn brig turned to me and said, "which is your favorite year so far?"  (there have been 4 to choose from)  i was unable to answer him then and im still unable to answer.  every year is so unique and special there isnt a way to pick a favorite. but ill share some highlights of this year that made it brilliant.  some of these will make sense to some of you, and i hope bring a smile to everyones face:

1. my three days with ferris.
2. matt ticknor and i hugging the night of the burn.  two brothers from another mother.
2a. anna spontaneously taking a group of us to the fire to throw in a wish coin.
3. sean, the playa boyfriend i met at opulent temple my second night and who i think might become much more now that we're off the playa (lynn said to me the last day, "where have you been all week?"  i was exploring the unexpected)
4. anna finally convincing one of her friends to come to burning man.  she could not have picked a better one than natalia!
5. fi, bosco, duncan, fred, fred, fred, fi, duncan, brig, jim, klaudia, alice, alice, alice, fred, stefano, dan taking a morning to go get ice with me, jackie jerking mike off in the shower to try to turn me on, mike trying to get turned on while i was taking a shower, the rv boys, ion (superstar), becca, tara, erin, gwen fulfilling my prophecy, bacon, soft serve ice cream, duncan and mary for hosting another pre-burn crew at their place that made the playa experience amazing for me and all the others who couldn't make it to their home, andrew- the guy who applied to our camp too late but worked his fucking ass off for us all...he better be with us next year, brig, lynn, brig, lynn, brig, lynn, duncan and fred!  what would this experience have been without them.  (now, bring ocean back!)
6. double rainbow...again!
7. two days completely dust free after a rain storm.  unreal and unforgettable.
8. the dust storm from hell that appeared right on cue during the burn.  fritz lang could not have done it better himself.
9. sunrise.
10. sunset.
11. and other biblical moments in my very first private tent.

these are the memories that popped into my head as i fly over america.  there are so many others i know im forgetting.  they will come back to me when i recover from the happiest haze ive been in all year.  im so grateful to brig for his continued passionate commitment to create an experience for all of us that is unparalleled.

if anyone is ever LA bound and needs a place to crash, i hope anna and natalia will verify im a great host.
if you live in LA and ever want to hang out on the weekend for brunch...i love to get to know my fellow burners off the playa in our real garb.
my love to you all.
until next year.
Drew
ps- josh- what was the new word we created that cracked us up for a good three hours?!!

Michelle Ticknor

Sep 13, 2010, 7:08:58 PM9/13/10
to Uber Tubers
Fi... I'm thinking orange duct tape to resolve the Depends issue. Or that fab tie dyed duct tape that Ali had. Speaking of... are Ali and Tita on FB? Trying to spread the photo love. Also looking for Alice, Jeff and we've got to get Duncan on there!

Thanks all for an insane, exalted time. It was extra-wonderful to have so many super eager helpful virgins this year.

Love to all from SF/NY. If any of you find yourself in NYC this Wednesday night, Sept. 15th... and we haven't found each other on Facebook yet.... come on out to SpiNYC 6-9 PM. to keep the playa dust burning.

xmichelle

Michelle Ticknor
18Machine Inc.

Fi Cheng

Sep 15, 2010, 9:37:08 AM9/15/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
But it's still going to look like a loaded orange diaper...  or tie dyed diaper...  eh?   Maybe if it has to be diaper shaped it should be furry.  Yes, furry is better.  BM Rule 681: Furry is always better on the playa.

Didn't Bosco say something about making a boatswain's chair?  Oh wait.... we are trying not to build too many new things next year, right?

Looking forward to seeing you, Matt, Ferris, et al tonight!

xo,
Fi

Bali Tournament Committee

Sep 15, 2010, 4:34:42 PM9/15/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Shouldn't there be some enormous padded jumpsuit (think psychadelic michellin man/Sumo Suit/something even with apendages to make it donkey shaped. A suit that "actual" pinatas could be attached to?) that goes over the whole thing? With a hole in the back for the cable to go through. Then you won't see the diapers at all.

Obviously, I'm coming to this conversation late so maybe i'm missing some technical obstacle. Imagine we'd start with a heavy duty zip up the front jumpsuit and pad on/add on from there if there isn't something that better to be bought off the rack.

xo
Dan

Sep 16, 2010, 5:36:30 AM9/16/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Ocean GUAPOOOO
That's why I saw you twice!!! ; )
Love u baby!

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Fi Cheng

Sep 16, 2010, 8:47:55 AM9/16/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com

Love it.  Someone also mentioned last night that karaoke could be incorporated into this…Revenge of the Karaoke Pinata??

Anyway, a friend of our first Pinata attacker took the below video.   Difficult to see the action but man does the trailer look good at night! Nice work Ferris, Drew and the express lighting crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxwGI9jCW34

They were super sweet and came by our camp the next day to say hello and swap contact info.

If only we had Stefano’s lightning ninja attack on Brig on video as well.

Besos,

Fi

Ocean Littlefield

Sep 17, 2010, 12:16:56 AM9/17/10