CAN Servo compatibility Inquiry

Craig J. Elder

Oct 10, 2017, 1:38:51 AM10/10/17
to UAVCAN
What do you suppose the likelihood of these servos being compatible?

Thanks,

Craig

Pavel Kirienko

Oct 10, 2017, 2:04:35 AM10/10/17
to craig....@gmail.com, UAVCAN
Hi Craig,

Considering the fact that the announcement was published in 2013, I'd say that these products are most certainly not compatible, unless they were retrofitted with UAVCAN later.

The first RFC for UAVCAN was published in 2014.

Pavel

Michael du Breuil

Oct 10, 2017, 5:06:26 PM10/10/17
to UAVCAN
If we are building a list of CAN servos on the market Currawong lists these: https://www.currawongeng.com/servos-escs/can-servo/ which in the data sheet explicitly says "Compatible with Pixhawk/APM via UAVCAN" however I haven't looked any further then that on them.