Could not initiolize UAVCAN node

liub...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2018, 10:32:22 AM3/26/18
to UAVCAN
Hi, Pavel

I am using a USB-CAN cable to check the libcanard worked fine or not.But after I open the UAVCAN GUI Tool, I got a fatal error as follow:

What should I do to fix the error? In my main loop, I just call the sendCanard();  receiveCanard(); spinCanard(); and I can see the nodestatus message per second through a standard CAN GUI Tool.

 I am sorry the screen shot is in Chinese,the message is a external frame & data frame,the frame ID is 18015564 in hex style.
 I'm confused that why I can not connect to the UAVCAN node through the UAVCAN GUI TOOL?

 Thanks.

Bin

Pavel Kirienko

Mar 26, 2018, 10:34:43 AM3/26/18
to liub...@gmail.com, UAVCAN
The UAVCAN GUI Tool supports Linux SocketCAN and SLCAN/LAWICEL adapters (more info: http://uavcan.org/GUI_Tool/User_guide/#supported-can-adapters). I presume your adapter is not compatible with either of these standards?

Pavel.

George Small

Jul 6, 2018, 11:38:06 AM7/6/18
to UAVCAN
For future reference, I've been able to get CANable (CANtact open source project) USB-CAN adapter to work with UAVCAN GUI under UBUNTU 18.04 LTS.

Appears to be working as expected.  I'm not sure how this would be done under Windows as it requires Linux based can-utils.

Best regards,
George