TSC Overlay

Bigmacbook

Oct 9, 2013, 12:49:26 PM10/9/13
TSC Overlay or "Twitch Socket Chat Overlay"

I'm working on a new chat overlay system for Twitch using CLR Browser Plugin for OBS.

When connecting to the page you get connected to a server which is running a IRC Session under a Twitch user by the name "viewchat" which pulls the chats messages from the channel your connected to and sends them to you.

Connect the overlay here: http://kappachat.twitchapps.com/chatview/?channel=CHANNEL_NAME_HERE

I'm still working on customizing features.

Parameters:
  • channel
  • theme (Current Themes: dark)
Parameter Example: ?channel=CHANNEL_NAME_HERE&theme=THEME_NAME_HERE

Special Features:

  • <message delete> No longer worry about crude messages being showed on stream and having to wait for chat to scroll it off. Just time them out and message is gone.
  • Badges
  • Emotes
NOTE: If you don't want the chat to clear/refresh everytime you switch scene create the chat as a Global Source!

NOTE 2: Also when downloading the CLR Browser Source Plugin download the old version, the newest version they broke something and the chat overlay wont work.

RB

Oct 9, 2013, 10:46:14 PM10/9/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
Can I request the addition of a theme with outlined, bold text and a colourful background? As in this image, for example: http://i.imgur.com/DdYNXL5.png

It's very useful for being able to chroma-key the background of the chat out while retaining legible text on a stream layout.

The relevant info for the text size and outlines are here: http://pastebin.com/cnZvrSHs (excerpt from the custom .css file I use). The background color is pretty unimportant, as long as it isn't one that is used in the names or text.

I'd really appreciate it if this could be added. :)

Bigmacbook

Oct 10, 2013, 6:14:24 PM10/10/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently working on a system that will allow users to create and share their own themes, and as for chroma key that won't be needed because we are able to achieve transparency with CSS.

RB

Oct 14, 2013, 1:13:40 AM10/14/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see. I didn't realize you could do full transparency in the CLR Browser Plugin. I just assumed it still had a white background. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the updates. :)

Bershad Murphy

Oct 17, 2013, 2:38:57 AM10/17/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
I have a small window in my layout to display chat and upped the size of my font so it can be displayed clearly. However, emoticons are still very small. Anyone now how to make the size of the emoticons bigger in the plugin?

iamflip

Oct 17, 2013, 9:36:29 AM10/17/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
CSS transparency in the plugin? How? Tried to achieve that, but no such luck.

Also, I am a bit bothered by how spaced out each line is.

RB

Oct 22, 2013, 2:00:29 AM10/22/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
@Bigmacbook:

Been using this quite happily with my stream setup recently, but the way the word wrapping works has been bothering me.

If the window is narrow enough and the text long enough, it starts doing a weird justified thing and arbitrarily breaks words up onto multiple lines. Seems to be something unrelated to the css, as I've yet to find a way to override that behavior.

Would it be possible to just have normal word-wrap behavior? Or is that difficult to adjust for?

Thanks for any help. :)

@bershad:

You can try limiting the width of chat area in the css file and then just enlarging the entire browser source, but I'm not sure how clear it'll look with zoom. Other than that, I don't know how to enlarge the icon size.

@iamflip:

Until he implements the theme with transparency, you can force it by overriding the 'background-color' line in the css with 'background-color: rgba(255,0,0,0) !important;'. It's sorta gross, but that's what I'm doing for now, along with forcing fonts and outlines and crud.

Bigmacbook

Nov 4, 2013, 8:53:47 PM11/4/13
to twitch-...@googlegroups.com
Project has been discontinued, for various reasons.

Thanks for your support.

This conversation is locked