Minneapolis City Budget data (come get it!)

Andrew Johnson

Oct 21, 2014, 10:55:27 AM10/21/14
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
Just got these files from our finance department, along with the news that they'll have budget data on OpenGov.com by the end of the year! At any rate, your assistance helping to visualize this data would be appreciated. I'm happy to share the best visualizations as well among my colleagues and the public.

~ Andrew Johnson (Council Member - Ward 12)
2015RecommendedRevenueBudgetByCategory.xlsx
2015RecommendedExpenseBudgetByCategory.xlsx

Bill Bushey

Oct 23, 2014, 10:51:20 PM10/23/14
to twin-citi...@googlegroups.com
This is wonderful Andrew, thanks for sharing!

I've added these to the OTC data portal so we can all access this data via APIs and other formats: 2015 Recommended Revenue Minneapolis Budget By Category and 2015 Recommended Expense for Minneapolis Budget By Category. There is a lot of background information and detail available in the 2015 Budget Book, the budget overview presentation made to the Council's Ways and Means/Budget Subcommittee, and the PowerPoint used in that presentation

-Bill

Steven Clift

Oct 24, 2014, 3:19:52 AM10/24/14
to Bill Bushey, twin-cities-brigade, Elizabeth A. Glidden, Moderated Member

This is great news. Thanks Andrew.

A number of council members joined Andrew in the request that this data get out there this year. Thank you Elizabeth Glidden and Cam Gordon in particular.

Who wants to get together for some civic fun with the data?

Stand up and get ready to visualize.

Ping the list or me directly and I'll do a Doodle.

I'd love to see what our community's talent and different tools can produce before the city locks into any specific tool. (e.g. Is the crime data out there yet??? or just stuck in a tool chosen without public consultation?)

Steve

--
Find Open Twin Cities at http://opentwincities.org
---