How about a new release

Jürgen Schwarz

Oct 30, 2017, 6:42:18 AM10/30/17
to TVRename
Hi,
the current code is working pretty good, so how about releasing a new version.
I think many people are waiting.

Cheers
Jürgen

Michael Hurwood

Oct 31, 2017, 7:23:23 AM10/31/17
to TVRename
I've compiled the "master branch", run it through the Nullsoft installer, and stuck the result here:

If you just want the updated program file and DLLs (no installer) you can download this ZIP file instead and just replace the files in your Program Files folder.

Cheers,

Michael

Jürgen Schwarz

Oct 31, 2017, 11:43:31 AM10/31/17
to TVRename
Hi Michael,
i would suggest to add this on the download page http://www.tvrename.com/download.php

Cheers
Jürgen

Michael Hurwood

Oct 31, 2017, 5:30:22 PM10/31/17
to TVRename
Agreed... but we don't have access to that at the moment!

Michael

Sparky53

Oct 31, 2017, 9:26:38 PM10/31/17
to TVRename
All,

If upgrading to the new beta I would strongly recommend doing a 'Force Refresh All' (from the 'Tools' menu) which will clean out any dodgy data from the old TVDB interface and any old data from the first beta. This should not cause any problems and will ensure you get a much smoother ride with the new beta.

Thanks - let us know of any new issues you find

DavidS

Oct 31, 2017, 9:40:34 PM10/31/17
to TVRename
The update and the force refresh fixed everything up for me.
Thanks all!

Frank de Jong

Nov 2, 2017, 3:02:40 PM11/2/17
to TVRename
I installed the Beta 2 version and did the advised Force Refresh All.

Everything seems to be working like a charm!
The working Preferred Language is showing me the Dutch text again.

Great work folks!!!!!!!!

Sparky53

Nov 2, 2017, 6:33:43 PM11/2/17
to TVRename
Great news guys - thanks for the feedback
Message has been deleted

Brian Turner

Nov 17, 2017, 10:02:03 AM11/17/17
to TVRename
beta 2 ?

where can i find this ? (not in downloads)

cheers

Sparky53

Nov 17, 2017, 10:04:06 AM11/17/17
to TVRename
Post number  2 in this chain,

Sorry, but we don't have access to the downloads area at the moment to be able to update it

Craig

Nov 18, 2017, 5:47:21 AM11/18/17
to TVRename
Hi All,

I've installed Beta 2 and have found a potential bug.

Has anyone else experienced the app crash when attempting to "move" files. The rename function appears to work as expected, but if the files are in a sub-folder and TVRename tries to move them to the root folder, the app crashed immediately.

Cheers,

Craig.

Sparky53

Nov 18, 2017, 11:26:15 AM11/18/17
to TVRename
Hi Craig,

Thanks for letting us know. I have not seen this issue and can't replicate it right now. Can you give me a few more details of the from and to path and I can see if I can replicate it?

Cheers

Craig

Nov 18, 2017, 7:51:41 PM11/18/17
to TVRename
Hi Sparky,

Not a problem. My JIT debugger appears to be on the fritz, so I'll attempt to explain the config and post some logs.

--- Folder structure is: [Show Name] -> [Season 00] -> [Show Name - S00E00 - Show Name].[ext]

--- Shows that need the move operation:  Blindspot, Hawaii Five-0, Modern Family, Shameless (US), TBBT, The Goldbergs (2013), The Simpsons (although I've already checked that it's not an individual show by unchecking all but 1, and the same crash occurs)

--- Setup: Windows 10 64, fully patched, mapped network drives (issue here perhaps?), TVRename Beta2

I've done a full force refresh on the XML as suggested, but I'm yet to dump the entire DB and begin again. It's painful and time consuming and I've already done it about 5 times in the past 6 months due to XML issues.

If you can point me in the direction of some logs to supply or need additional specific information, just let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks for your help.

Craig.

Craig

Nov 18, 2017, 8:08:07 PM11/18/17
to TVRename
Possibly helpful:

---------------------------
Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
---------------------------
An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in TVRename.exe [2640]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Michael Hurwood

Nov 18, 2017, 10:37:24 PM11/18/17
to tvre...@googlegroups.com
The new beta uses the AlphaFS.DLL to do all the copy/move/rename operations. This is a library that replaces the built in .NET functions with Win32 API wrapped equivalents that don't have the "260 character pathname limit". I coded this change because on my network drives, once you have a show called "\\NASServerName\media\TV Shows\Watched\Very Long TV Showname\Season 12\Very Long TV Showname 12x01 - Long and complicated episodes title.mp4" it's easy to get up to that 260 character limit!

Anyway, this means a copy of AlphaFS.DLL is now in the distribution and must be present.

Did you run the installer to upgrade to the new version, or did you just extract the ZIP file? If the latter, make sure the AlphaFS.DLL file is there correctly. Maybe do a search and se if there's a different version of the AlphaFS.DLL anywhere on your system that be be being picked up and used accidentally  instead?

Cheers,

Michael

Sparky53

Nov 18, 2017, 11:30:00 PM11/18/17
to TVRename
Hi,

If michael's post doesn't help can you try setting up a show on your local c drive and see if that works OK? Also try fully specified paths ie //serveerName/Share/Directory rather than the mapped letter. At the same time I'll try against a mapped network drive and see if that causes issues

Thanks

Craig

Nov 19, 2017, 8:52:22 PM11/19/17
to TVRename
Thanks guys. I re-installed to ensure.

I renamed the original TVRename folder in Program Files and used the installer from post 2 above. I left the %appdata%\TVRename folder untouched.

The AlphaFS.DLL file is in the new TVRename folder.

Same result.

Also attempted the C:\Test\ etc, etc. and same result.

I'm currently installing VS to get the debugger and see if that gives me any additional details.

Will post shortly.

Brian Turner

Nov 20, 2017, 9:32:28 AM11/20/17
to TVRename
ah..didnt notice post #2 , many thanks.

downloaded and installed , forced full refresh and all working perfect for me.

kudos to the developers

many thanks