HBO's News Provider Wins 2 Peabodys

Mark Jeffries

Apr 20, 2015, 3:23:43 PM4/20/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The news and public affairs Peabodys were announced and while most people are focusing on the fact that "Serial" became the first podcast to ever win broadcasting's most prestigious honor, but my focus is on the fact that on the verge of Vice producing the first-ever nightly newscast for premium cable this fall on HBO, they received two Peabodys for reports on their web site on a Chicago high school for kids getting one more chance before they head off to jail or worse and ISIS volunteers in Iraq and Syria:

A good omen for Vice's entry into nightly news.  Now, we have to see if HBO's viewers will accept it (although that depends on what time it will air, which hasn't been decided yet, although of course it will be on any time through VOD and HBO GO/NOW).