Tom Werner fears for Cosby's TV legacy

Bob Jersey

Aug 1, 2015, 11:33:50 AM8/1/15
to TVorNotTV

He and Marcy Carsey were of course at the center of much of it, which has been parked by several outlets while accusations against him remain, but he hopes that it can still be available in some form...

THR (link)

Kevin M.

Aug 1, 2015, 3:03:00 PM8/1/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I own all the episodes of "I Spy" (as well as the at-times surreal "Hickey & Boggs"). I choose to believe that the awesomeness of Robert Culp overshadows whatever allegations exist of Cosby. As for Cosby's individual efforts, I don't think I ever watched an episode of The Cosby Show in reruns and I suspect I won't ever again... however, whenever I listen to "(Night Time Is) The Right Time" by Ray Charles, I will always think of the best lip-syncing in the history of lip-syncing. In fact I defy anyone who watched that episode to NOT think of it when that song plays... it isn't possible. Cosby's stand-up is tougher to contend with. I own several of his albums, and even if I choose to never listen to them again, "Driving in San Francisco" "Chocolate Cake for Breakfast," and "The Dentist" are forever etched in my brain. I can't unlisten to them.

Obviously, any pain experienced by the alleged victims trumps anything experienced by Cosby's fans, but he casts a long shadow over multiple forms of media (though I don't think the loss of "Leonard Part 6" is insurmountable). He's been in the public spotlight for half a century. He guest hosted the Tonight Show. He singlehandedly saved NBC. He broke racial barriers wherever he went. During the LA riots when the city was in flames, the President of the United States urged citizens to watch the Cosby Show to calm down. I don't know how or if we can just pretend all of that never happened, nor am I convinced that we should.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Brad Beam

Aug 1, 2015, 5:18:13 PM8/1/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: tvor...@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Jersey

>He and Marcy Carsey were of course at the center of much of it, which has been parked by several outlets while accusations against him remain, but he hopes that it can still be available in some form...

Radio stations still play Michael Jackson songs….

_  _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw