Andre Benjamin to 'American Crime'

Bob Jersey

Aug 1, 2015, 12:02:38 PM8/1/15
to TVorNotTV

The onetime half of hiphop duo OutKast (guested on two eps of The Shield) reunites with show creator John Ridley, who wrote and directed him in a 2013 film about Jimi Hendrix' early career... he'll play the father of the coming season's accused.

Variety (link)

Tom Wolper

Aug 2, 2015, 8:47:01 PM8/2/15
to TV or not TV
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

The onetime half of hiphop duo OutKast (guested on two eps of The Shield) reunites with show creator John Ridley, who wrote and directed him in a 2013 film about Jimi Hendrix' early career... he'll play the father of the coming season's accused.

Variety (link)

I meant to do a mini-review when the first season aired but I never got around to it. I really enjoyed watching it. The hour just flew past when it was on. It was very well acted and written. The series was more about the emotional turmoil of the families of the victims and the families of the accused than about being a whodunit. I had a few criticisms about it, mainly the body count of the last episode. There was something adult and wrenching about thinking how these characters had to come to grips with what happened and to get on with their lives and by the end of the episode half of them no longer had to.

Still, it is a series to look out for.