Netflix Saves 'Longmire'

Mark Jeffries

Nov 19, 2014, 9:20:51 PM11/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The A&E detective series out west, which got cancelled for getting the numbers "Duck Dynasty" is now getting since people started getting tired of the Robertsons, will get a fourth 10-ep season on the streamer next year:

David Risner

Nov 19, 2014, 9:31:17 PM11/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Loved that show. I was very sad to see it go, and now I'm very happy to have it back.

On Nov 19, 2014 6:20 PM, "Mark Jeffries" <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
The A&E detective series out west, which got cancelled for getting the numbers "Duck Dynasty" is now getting since people started getting tired of the Robertsons, will get a fourth 10-ep season on the streamer next year:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Adam Bowie

Nov 20, 2014, 4:21:34 AM11/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased about this too. I like the pace of this show, and it's always nice to have a different part of America featured in a series (even if they shoot it nowhere near Montana).

My only concern is the very specific list of countries that Netflix will be showing it misses out the UK. It gets broadcast on one of Channel 5's digital subsidiaries in the UK - and Channel 5 was recently bought by Viacom. So I assume they maintain some kind of rights.

In the past Channel 5 has bought "life of series" rights to things like CSI and NCIS to ensure that they have first refusal to continue to buy shows and not get outbitd by Murdoch's Sky (Who did precisely that with both 24 and Lost amongst others).

Adam