CBC sports announcement at noon today EDT

Doug Eastick

Oct 28, 2014, 10:52:09 AM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Trevor Tymchuk

Oct 28, 2014, 10:55:26 AM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Excellent planning on CBC's part to schedule their announcement during
live coverage of the funeral for one of the soldiers murdered last
week. They won't even be able to carry their own press conference
live.
> --
> --
> ---
> "TVorNotTV" group.
> email to tvornottv+...@googlegroups.com.

John Edwards

Oct 28, 2014, 11:37:47 AM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I suspect the debut of Bondage Night in Canada with Jian Ghomeshi has been shelved - at least until his grievance is heard....

They said Bell and Rogers folk are there, so it's likely an Olympic announcement. That seems to be about the only set of rights the CBC is still saying they'll bid for, and the only thing (other than the Maple Leafs) that Big Blue and Big Red combine on.

John

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

John Edwards
"You can insure against the weather, but you can't insure against incompetence, can you?" - Phil Tufnell

Doug Eastick

Oct 28, 2014, 12:32:39 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Mark Jeffries

Oct 28, 2014, 2:00:15 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Is Bell and Rogers Big Blue and Big Red?

And if Globe and Mail articles don't attract whatever you call teabaggers in Canada, CBC articles sure do.  Is the far-right as delusional on their popularity in Canada as they are in the U.S.?  And is Sun News getting any kind of audience up there, especially in comparison to CBC News (and is CTV's news channel still in operation)?

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

John Edwards

Oct 28, 2014, 3:45:02 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Sun News' audience is tiny, but devoted and loves nothing more than filling up comment sections with tripe. This is why I follow @AvoidComments on Twitter.

Sun News went to the CRTC not too long ago begging for mandatory carriage and better channel placement - much to the amusement of those whose sense of irony is more developed than Alanis Morissette's. They were denied in that attempt. The channel has to be offered by cable/satellite providers, and on a low-level tier, but subscribing to it isn't mandatory.

CTV News Network still exists, but it's primarily a Headline News-style operation. There are also some regional news networks. CP24 is great if only for the sheer magnitude and number of graphics they manage to put on-screen at once.

John

Mark Jeffries

Oct 28, 2014, 5:52:46 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
That, of course, would be old-school Headline News, not Nancy Grace/Robin Meade/Dr. Drew/"Forensic Files" rerun HLN.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

Bob Jersey

Oct 28, 2014, 9:33:51 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:52:46 PM UTC-4, Mark Jeffries wrote:
That, of course, would be old-school Headline News, not Nancy Grace/Robin Meade/Dr. Drew/"Forensic Files" rerun HLN.

Pete Ahles

Oct 28, 2014, 10:01:40 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
This is the story from 2005:

I think it dates back to the 1990s. I think Jay didn't mention the "herbed up" the first time he told the story.

Pete Ahles

Oct 28, 2014, 10:02:27 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry wrong thread

John Edwards

Oct 28, 2014, 11:14:21 PM10/28/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yes, my Headline News includes Lynne Russell...

Joe Hass

Oct 29, 2014, 12:38:31 PM10/29/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
::deep, remembering sigh::