The AV Club On The Price Is Right

Joe Hass

Mar 24, 2015, 5:53:58 PM3/24/15
to TV Or Not TV
I literally learned how to count by watching The Price Is Right. My mom would let me sit in front of it when I was two or three, and I would learn the numbers, and figure out what was what. My mom still laughs at the image of her three-year-old, over the summer, plopping down and watching every day, sitting far, far too close to the television than a three-year-old should, and telling her that "TV Game Show Host" was my ideal job.

This, theoretically, is a review of Monday's show, but it's also a touch of a history lesson and a bit poignant, as you'll discover about a third of the way into it.