More Batiste and Colbert in NOLA

David Bruggeman

Feb 11, 2016, 12:20:12 AM2/11/16
to TVorNotTV
While I wish they hadn't waited so long, last night's Late Show featured another segment of Jon Batiste and Stephen in New Orleans.  I know it was tied into the new EP of band music from the show, but the segments are a good opportunity to show a bit more of the bandleader away from the instrument.

Batiste was also the musical guest, performing a solo piano rendition of "Blackbird" since it was both Mardi Gras and the anniversary of the Beatles' appearance with Ed Sullivan.

David

Bob Jersey

Feb 11, 2016, 11:42:21 AM2/11/16
to TVorNotTV, dbr...@alumni.whitman.edu, bru...@yahoo.com

David Bruggeman:
While I wish they hadn't waited so long, last night's Late Show featured another segment of Jon Batiste and Stephen in New Orleans.  I know it was tied into the new EP of band music from the show, but the segments are a good opportunity to show a bit more of the bandleader away from the instrument.

Batiste was also the musical guest, performing a solo piano rendition of "Blackbird" since it was both Mardi Gras and the anniversary of the Beatles' appearance with Ed Sullivan.

Oddly I'd gotten the notion to watch the Stiller/Sanders/Drum Tao episode, and wondered what Jon and band were up to. (I've been having puzzling health issues I'm trying to solve.) Hopefully I'll have time to check on this soon.