family feud

Eastick, Doug

Apr 24, 2014, 12:00:25 AM4/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
just a random dump of thoughts......
Maybe a year ago I read an article about something Steve Harvey said
during an interview with respect to his views on religious beliefs. That
kinda turned me off of him. But for some reason youtube suggested I
look at some clips of family feud. Since I was a fan in the Richard
Dawson days, I was tempted and watched some. A further read of
wikipedia reminded me that FF was on at 11:30am during daytime with
Richard. I now distinctly recall this conflict with TPIR on days when I
was home sick from school (damn, life was sooo freakin easy back then, eh?)

while I am of the opinion that I may not be able to tolerate watching a
full 22 minute episode, watching clips on youtube is very funny.

here are the clips I giggled at way too much the past few days.
- don't swallow . yes, she says she's a pastor's wife. -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHnhbEzJAS8
- burgler, wait for the other guy's comment at 0:15 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI
- no answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovJ-JsK9h4

M-D November

Apr 24, 2014, 1:04:18 PM4/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, eas...@mcd.on.ca
I'm surprised to see that Goodson/Todman would allow two of their shows (Feud & TPIR) to be pitted against each other, but it appears to have happened on multiple occasions.

Joe Hass

Apr 25, 2014, 2:41:25 PM4/25/14
to TV Or Not TV

A wild guess: it was probably sometimes impossible to avoid it, especially with TPIR running 60 minutes.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Jim Ellwanger

Apr 25, 2014, 4:43:57 PM4/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Joe Hass wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2014 12:04 PM, "M-D November" <mdnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm surprised to see that Goodson/Todman would allow two of their shows
>> (Feud & TPIR) to be pitted against each other, but it appears to have
>> happened on multiple occasions.
>
> A wild guess: it was probably sometimes impossible to avoid it, especially
> with TPIR running 60 minutes.

I can't imagine that Goodson-Todman would have had much say over network
scheduling anyway. I haven't looked it up, but I'll bet there are numerous
examples of two similar shows from the same producer/distributor airing at
the same time on different networks -- two dramas both produced by Warner
Bros., for example.

--
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>

Mark Jeffries

Apr 25, 2014, 4:52:49 PM4/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
And there were instances in the 70s of all three networks running Hanna-Barbera shows in the same time slot on Saturday mornings.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com