Mr. Mansbridge, can you please narrate my life? - The Globe and Mail

Doug Eastick

Oct 24, 2014, 9:50:56 PM10/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/columnists/mr-mansbridge-can-you-please-narrate-my-life/article21291962/

For those of you that saw any of the CBC coverage from Ottawa on Wednesday with Peter, you might find this interesting.

I'm not sure about others on the list in Canada, but I'm 47 and Peter *is* CBC news front man in my mind. He has been since Knowlton retired , and when he was dating Wendy . Give me Peter in any live coverage over any ctv person.

Well Kevin Newman is alright too since the lady Diana crash too.

Mark Jeffries

Oct 25, 2014, 10:50:03 AM10/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Since you have to click on the link to read the comments on Globe and Mail articles, I didn't, especially since I assume they were mostly right-wingers calling Mansbridge a liberal and loving Sun News or highbrows still bitching about the disbanding of the CBC Symphony, the cutback in classical music on Radio 2 and "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy!" on the TV network (even though the CBC dropped them last year).  At least Canada doesn't have an equivalent to the Tea Party or UKIP--or do they?

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Brad Beam

Oct 25, 2014, 11:48:07 AM10/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: tvor...@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Jeffries

>Since you have to click on the link to read the comments on Globe and Mail articles, I didn't, especially since I assume they were mostly right-wingers calling Mansbridge a liberal and loving Sun News or highbrows still bitching about the disbanding of the CBC Symphony, the cutback in classical music on Radio 2 and "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy!" on the TV network (even though the CBC dropped them last year).

I skimmed through the first 20 comments, and they were quite favorite to the public broadcaster (radio, TV, and Ici R-C). Instead, some of them took the Harper government to task for cutting the Ceeb’s budget.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:

>I'm not sure about others on the list in Canada, but I'm 47 and Peter *is* CBC news front man in my mind. He has been since Knowlton retired , and when he was dating Wendy . Give me Peter in any live coverage over any ctv person.

>Well Kevin Newman is alright too since the lady Diana crash too.

I was curious that lead CTV anchor Lisa LaFlamme didn't assume coverage at some point. (And isn't Global's lead news anchor female, as well? Well done, Canada.)

Shameless plug: If you want a good history of broadcast television news in Canada, pick up Lloyd Robertson's memoir "The Kind of Life It's Been." I picked up my pre-autographed copy at the Chapters in Rideau Centre two Decembers ago.

_  _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw

Mark Jeffries

Oct 25, 2014, 11:58:07 AM10/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
That is surprising.  I guess I'm just so cynical about how the right jumps on every media comment forum--or perhaps there's no Canadian equivalent to Drudge.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com