The Fall

Doug Eastick

Dec 19, 2014, 10:36:59 AM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Dunno if Adam Bowie has been watching it in the UK, but I just finished the two final episodes of The Fall  last night (made technically possible by Bravo Canada, Torrents, and SickBeard, Plex Media Server, and Chromecast).

All in all, a good show.   Nice to hear some non-American Miranda rights.

Steve Timko

Dec 19, 2014, 12:11:01 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, tvor...@googlegroups.com

It comes to Netflix next month. I am looking forward to it.

Sent from Blue Mail

Adam Bowie

Dec 19, 2014, 2:54:27 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

I also watched the final two episodes last night and genuinely enjoyed it. Without spoilers, I know some were dissatisfied with the ending, but the big scene in the final episode was excellent (it ran a full 90 mins, ad free of course).

And yes. That is what the police say when y you're arrested. It changed significantly about 10 years ago and I'm still not used to it.

Well worth checking out on Netflix when it arrives.

Also finishing last night was one of my favourite series of the year Babylon. It's hard to explain this series as it sits between drama and comedy, but isn't quite either. It's set in the Metropolitan Police who hire an American for their PR dept having seen a TED talk given by her. She's played by Brit Marling who always does interesting things. Danny Boyle is Exec Producer and directed the pilot. I'm not sure who is getting it in the US. And sadly the Channel 4 ratings were so low that I don't hold out much hope for a second series.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

David Risner

Dec 19, 2014, 3:50:52 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Are you guys referring to season 2 of “The Fall”? I watched season 1 from Netflix a while ago.

This is the show with Gillian Anderson as the investigator, right?

Or am I just totally confused?

Adam Bowie

Dec 19, 2014, 3:54:54 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Yes - season 2 (or series 2 as we say this side of the Atlantic), with Gillian Anderson and the soon-to-be 50 Shades chap.

Doug Eastick

Dec 19, 2014, 4:45:56 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Jamie Dornan plays the main male psycho character.  My wife kept saying "he's no Christian Grey.  He's just a killer"