'Minority Report' Good as Dead

Mark Jeffries

Oct 10, 2015, 12:10:12 PM10/10/15
to TVorNotTV
The Fox SF movie adaptation has had its order cut from 13 to 10 episodes--and since the network was going to do a mid-season break after episode 10 (if they had picked it up), the show is pretty much good as cancelled, even if it isn't official, making it the first cancellation of the season as the nets seem to be taking a wait-and-see attitude otherwise:

Probably the next axe to fall will be all or part of the Fox Tuesday night lineup, even if "Scream Queens" is doing better in the social media metrics than in the Nielsens--I would expect "Hell's Kitchen" replacing "Grandfathered" and "The Grinder" by January, with "New Girl" perhaps going to the Sunday night comedy block.

By the way, it looks like Fox has followed the lead of sister cable channel FX and is now requiring from producers a "Fox Presents" title card before or at the top of the title sequence of their shows.  I should check to see how "The Simpsons" is handling it, since there's only about two seconds in their title sequence before the title appears and they don't do teaser sequences.  This is while ABC ended this season the "An ABC Studios Production" credit in the opening credits of their in-house shows, with the ABC Studios vanity card restored at the end..

Jon Delfin

Oct 10, 2015, 2:20:37 PM10/10/15
to tvornottv
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Fox SF movie adaptation has had its order cut from 13 to 10 episodes--and since the network was going to do a mid-season break after episode 10 (if they had picked it up), the show is pretty much good as cancelled, even if it isn't official, making it the first cancellation of the season as the nets seem to be taking a wait-and-see attitude otherwise:

Probably the next axe to fall will be all or part of the Fox Tuesday night lineup, even if "Scream Queens" is doing better in the social media metrics than in the Nielsens--I would expect "Hell's Kitchen" replacing "Grandfathered" and "The Grinder" by January, with "New Girl" perhaps going to the Sunday night comedy block.

Contrary to most critics, I liked the Stamos show a lot, and found the Lowe show funny but unpromising (the premise seems restrictive to me). They're both still sitting in the DVR, probably until tomorrow. At this juncture, though, I can't say I'd miss either of them if they went.

By the way, it looks like Fox has followed the lead of sister cable channel FX and is now requiring from producers a "Fox Presents" title card before or at the top of the title sequence of their shows.  I should check to see how "The Simpsons" is handling it, since there's only about two seconds in their title sequence before the title appears and they don't do teaser sequences.  This is while ABC ended this season the "An ABC Studios Production" credit in the opening credits of their in-house shows, with the ABC Studios vanity card restored at the end..

My memory says that there has been no such title card on The Simpsons this season, but my memory is ... um, it's ... what was the question?

David Bruggeman

Oct 10, 2015, 2:54:09 PM10/10/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I didn't remember one either, and a quick check through VOD confirms there were no title cards with "FOX Presents" on the two episodes of The Simpsons this season.  There's no way the lead time on cartoons would delay something like that, right?

David