"I'll take Sexist Categories for Eight."

Joe Hass

Sep 30, 2014, 8:07:25 PM9/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Jeopardy had a category the other night called "What Women Want", with the correct responses being vacuum, crossword puzzle, Levi's (the clue featured the line "A pair of jeans that fit"), pilates, and Sleepytime Tea. Suffice to say, this did not go over well on The Tubes.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jeopardy-tells-women-what-they-want-completely-wro-209910

Bob Jersey

Sep 30, 2014, 8:48:27 PM9/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Joe Hass:

Jeopardy had a category the other night called "What Women Want", with the correct responses being vacuum, crossword puzzle, Levi's (the clue featured the line "A pair of jeans that fit"), pilates, and Sleepytime Tea. Suffice to say, this did not go over well on The Tubes.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jeopardy-tells-women-what-they-want-completely-wro-209910

The Club picked it off Mashable (link), and I'm with a recent commenter there: "As well as being sexist, they all reek of paid product placement."

David Bruggeman

Sep 30, 2014, 9:11:24 PM9/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it was six questions not that different from the Alleve ad during the break before Final.