Gannett: We're Splitting Up Across the USA

Mark Jeffries

Jun 29, 2015, 1:05:21 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Like a lot of other media companies, Gannett is splitting into two, with the Gannett sticking up with the print media division (including, of course, USA Today) and its broadcast arm of 46 stations (which at least half of them seem to be branded as "[channel number] Alive!") will be known as Tegna:

Doug Eastick

Jun 29, 2015, 1:22:09 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Tegna word looks and sounds like tenga.
Maybe someone didn't do enough market name research.

For the record I only know of tenga from reddit.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015, 1:05 PM Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Like a lot of other media companies, Gannett is splitting into two, with the Gannett sticking up with the print media division (including, of course, USA Today) and its broadcast arm of 46 stations (which at least half of them seem to be branded as "[channel number] Alive!") will be known as Tegna:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Tom Wolper

Jun 29, 2015, 2:47:01 PM6/29/15
to TV or not TV
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:

Tegna word looks and sounds like tenga.
Maybe someone didn't do enough market name research.

For the record I only know of tenga from reddit.

Thanks for making me google that.

John Edwards

Jun 29, 2015, 2:48:38 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:

Tegna word looks and sounds like tenga.
Maybe someone didn't do enough market name research.

For the record I only know of tenga from reddit.

I'm going to take that last sentence as code for "don't Google this at work if you want to keep your job."

Doug Eastick

Jun 29, 2015, 2:56:01 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
that's what mobile phones were made for:  googling stuff at work.

Doug Eastick

Jun 29, 2015, 2:57:25 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
may your google search history forever contain that search request now :)

Tom Wolper

Jun 29, 2015, 4:08:27 PM6/29/15
to TV or not TV
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:
may your google search history forever contain that search request now :)

No matter how many times Google tries to convince me to turn search history on for my own benefit I know I'm one dumb inadvertent search away from disaster with it. So I keep it turned off.

Kevin M.

Jun 29, 2015, 9:20:19 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I would, of course, never imply the "scholarship competitions" are rigged in any way, but what do you want to bet a Latina finds a crown atop her head because in somebody's world, that would make up for racist comments by a purported presidential candidate?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Like a lot of other media companies, Gannett is splitting into two, with the Gannett sticking up with the print media division (including, of course, USA Today) and its broadcast arm of 46 stations (which at least half of them seem to be branded as "[channel number] Alive!") will be known as Tegna:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Kevin M.

Jun 29, 2015, 9:20:51 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry... that went to the wrong thread
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Bob Jersey

Jun 30, 2015, 10:15:19 PM6/30/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, drunkba...@gmail.com

Administrivia: After having a previous deletion backfire on me (people replying to a thread from Gmail or wherever despite the thread having been removed from GG site), I'm refraining from future erasures. Individual posts can usually be removed by their posters.