Boomerang Picking Up Original Series--Whine, Fanboiz, Whine!

Mark Jeffries

Jun 29, 2015, 1:21:23 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
As part of a large deal with Warner Bros. that will include renewals of library programming, "Wabbit!", the return of Bugs & Co. to the six-minute short format that had been announced for Cartoon Network, will be seen instead on the heretofore classic animation channel, along with yet another "Scooby-Doo" reboot (which looks into the personal lives of Mystery, Inc.) and an adaptation of the children's book "Bunnicula"--the original programs could be shared with the mothership, but I suspect that the hardcore classic animation fans will still be pissed:

Which leads me to something I've been thinking about--that post last week listing all of those OTA subchannels that are out there is a reminder that to those people who like the cable TV in the 80s and 90s that was the museum of classic TV and movies are now finding that the OTA subchannels have replaced to a certain extent the Nick at Nites/TV Lands/AMCs of the cable world. Meanwhile, the people (mostly critics) who made fun of cable back then now praise it as the home of edgy scripted programming (and look the other way at the plethora of reality shows that have popped up as the channels feel that they have to be in the original programming game--and we all know what's cheaper than scripted.  The more things change... (and how long will it be before the OTAs start believing that they have to be in the original programming game to attract younger demos and throw off the supplemental Medicare/Hoveround ads?--or will OTA TV be around for that?).

Bob Jersey

Jun 29, 2015, 4:29:51 PM6/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, spotl...@gmail.com

This made me think of something... the other day on Amazon (link), WB announced a new Tom & Jerry video from Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, who've been spewing out new original stuff from the veteran 'toons... this time they've teamed 'em with the folks from... wait for it...

Jonny Quest.

Oy vey.