"Miami Vice"'s influence still felt in TV 30 years on

Bob Jersey

Sep 29, 2014, 11:25:20 PM9/29/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The 80s detective series blazed trails for cutting-edge cinematography, cool music, and interesting actors (Mr Johnson notwithstanding), and remembrances are offered from many associated with the program in a piece for the local paper, the Herald (link)...

Diner

Sep 30, 2014, 11:13:13 AM9/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, September 29, 2014 11:25:20 PM UTC-4, Bob Jersey wrote:
The 80s detective series blazed trails for cutting-edge cinematography, cool music, and interesting actors (Mr Johnson notwithstanding), and remembrances are offered from many associated with the program in a piece for the local paper, the Herald (link)...

That show was a hit when I was in college, and my old college friend Phyllis Stark - later to become one of Nashville's most prominent music journalists - wrote a line about in the school paper that has always stuck with me: "The problem with 'Miami Vice' is that no matter how early I tune in, I feel like I missed the first ten minutes."

-Tim