ET/Insider anchor shuffle

Bob Jersey

Aug 21, 2014, 10:33:09 AM8/21/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Onetime sportscaster Kevin Frazier jumps effective Sept 9th from the usually-at-7.30/6.30c Insider to the preceding ET, while Rob Marciano heads for GMA (he started out as a weatherperson, which I'm not sure they have post-Champion)... Miami Fox personality Louis Aguirre takes over for Frazier...

B&C (link)

David Lynch

Aug 21, 2014, 11:10:13 AM8/21/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:
the usually-at-7.30/6.30c Insider

Nope on the 6:30 Central part. Because 6:00 Central is full of local news, ET's at 6:30 in the majority of markets and Insider is wherever there's open space in the schedule. (Here in Austin, that's 12:07 AM, right after Nightline.) Similarly, Wheel of Fortune is a 6:30 show out here in flyover country and Jeopardy tends to be a late afternoon thing.

Rob Marciano heads for GMA (he started out as a weatherperson, which I'm not sure they have post-Champion)...

Ginger Zee, who had been doing the weekend editions of GMA and filling in when Sam was out, replaced him when he left, and Rob is taking her old job as #2.

--
David J. Lynch
djl...@gmail.com

Bob Jersey

Aug 21, 2014, 11:25:15 AM8/21/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

David J. Lynch, to moi, in part:
Nope on the 6:30 Central part. Because 6:00 Central is full of local news, ET's at 6:30 in the majority of markets and Insider is wherever there's open space in the schedule. (Here in Austin, that's 12:07 AM, right after Nightline.) Similarly, Wheel of Fortune is a 6:30 show out here in flyover country and Jeopardy tends to be a late afternoon thing.

Given they're produced hours before the fact, much like "late-night" shows, there certainly would be the need to package the shows separately for those markets... here in the airing-together markets at one time they consolidated their end credits, but I don't think they do anymore.